Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:58:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436015 times)
magaura
Legendary

Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:03:12 PM

Man.. 1st page ...with fake buys? ..that wasn't a good idea.. I'm out now.. risky.. waiting for the dev ... and I will rebuy..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pnoch

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:25:45 AM

Man.. 1st page ...with fake buys? ..that wasn't a good idea.. I'm out now.. risky.. waiting for the dev ... and I will rebuy..

How about just big player switching hand and used Bittrex as escrow? Is there anything really showed it was a fake buys?
penoze
Legendary

Activity: 1235
Merit: 1003

https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 06:24:13 AM

same here...

magaura
Legendary

Activity: 1029

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:03:40 AM

How about just big player switching hand and used Bittrex as escrow? Is there anything really showed it was a fake buys?

Oh come on.. It was fake.. I don't say scam or something bad.. No FUD .. But I'm a trader and risky now(bad move(1st page..without nothing new)..I think..but this is just my opinion).. that's it.. waiting for the low price or devs deliver..

penoze
Legendary

Activity: 1235
Merit: 1003

https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:19:39 AM

Oh come on.. It was fake.. I don't say scam or something bad.. No FUD .. But I'm a trader and risky now(bad move(1st page..without nothing new)..I think..but this is just my opinion).. that's it.. waiting for the low price or devs deliver..

You got a point. Was bad timing Roll Eyes

ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:46:44 AM

how long does it take to get interest from stake  Huh

All you need to do is unlock wallet (and select for staking), every 30-60+ minutes you get interest.
mikerbiker6

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 10:18:29 AM

@ik_do, I am staking but I will get my reward in 644 days?

Participate and Earn on the Letstalkbitcoin forum letstalkbitcoin.com
vince232

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 10:31:56 AM

Just keep staking it will shorten overtime.
ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 10:54:28 AM

Sorry I don't know any more, how much are you staking?

I have 15k in the account I screenshot.
vince232

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 11:05:56 AM

Just stake and wait.  You will learn how staking works
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 11:32:40 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2015, 11:43:03 AM by coins101

@OP

Thanks for the PM today. I was going to give my thoughts just to you, but on reflection, I'd like to see what the nascent community thinks.

I like the idea of a crypto<>torrent combination. It makes a lot of sense to me. Here is broadly why and why I think you should consider broadening the project.

1. YouTube provides free music now. Torrents did well at the start because people were distributing music.

2. XMBC distributes movies and TV shows. Torrents didn't do that very well because of file sizes. crypto torrents won't fix that issue or compete well with XBMC unless the seeders want to earn something from their work.

3. sourceforge, github, softpedia and download.com do free software and sponsored bundles / trials.

Where I think vtorrent can create a new category that sits well with the above is through seeder's greed and rights owners need to earn money.

If you create a wallet that flashes up ads, or find some other way to bring the youtube and spotify ad revenue model in, then rights owners can pay seeders for being their distribution channel. Movies in particular are file size intensive and getting paid to seed would actually help rights owners.

Movies could be ad supported in the same way as youtube and spotify now integrate ads into content. The money payment side could be VTR.

Rights owners don't have a way to stop services like XBMC/Kodi. What they do have are distribution budgets and revenue share models. Making crypto seeders part of their distribution model and paying them for providing a backbone to that distribution channel becomes part of the net neutrality debate. Any residential street in the USA can have teens sitting in their bedrooms seeding movies to their neighbours like a LAN and thereby removing the burden on the internet infrastructure to distribute movies at peak times - both the movie distributors and the internet service providers and possibly the cable providers could pay the teens in crypto.

Mozilla earns a fortune each year distributing software for yahoo and god knows who else. So, software providers can use a similar model to pay seeders to distribute their software and share in the bundling of third party software, browsers, etc. They can also let people pay for software in crypto and share that with the seeders, like an affiliates revenue model.

Torrent's using the crypto model actually help to define a way to tap into financial incentives that can solve the headache faced by rights holders - their content is digital and can be distributed freely on the internet after it is released.

If VTR can show a way to integrate some of the above and perhaps even more, into a wallet, then we will truly have something groundbreaking, IMO.

VTR and others like it could be a big threat to Netflix on the one hand and the friend of movie, music and software producers on the other.
Tearz

Activity: 627

The Pope Of Dope

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 11:38:18 AM

@OP

Thanks for the PM today. I was going to give my thoughts just to you, but on reflection, I'd like to see what the nascent community thinks.

I like the idea of a crypto<>torrent combination. It makes a lot of sense to me. Here is broadly why and why I think you should consider broadening the project.

1. YouTube provides free music now. Torrents did well at the start because people were distributing music.

2. XMBC distributes movies and TV shows. Torrents didn't do that very well because of file sizes. crypto torrents won't fix that issue or compete well with XBMC unless the seeders want to earn something from their work.

3. sourceforge, github, softpedia and download.com do free software and sponsored bundles / trials.

Where I think vtorrent can create a new category that sits well with the above is through seeder's greed and rights owners need to earn money.

If you create a wallet that flashes up ads, or find some other way to bring the youtube and spotify ad revenue model in, then rights owners can pay seeders for being their distribution channel. Movies in particular are file size intensive and getting paid to seed would actually help rights owners.

Movies could be ad supported in the same way as youtube and spotify now integrate ads into content. The money payment side could be VTR.

Rights owners don't have a way to stop services like XBMC/Kodi. What they do have are distribution budgets and revenue share models. Making crypto seeders part of their distribution model and paying them for providing a backbone to that distribution channel becomes part of the net neutrality debate. Any residential street in the USA can have teens sitting in their bedrooms seeding movies to their neighbours like a LAN and thereby removing the burden on the internet infrastructure to distribute movies through at peak times - both the movie distributors and the internet service providers and possibly the cable providers could pay the teens in crypto.

Mozilla earns a fortune each year distributing software for yahoo and god knows who else. So, software providers can use a similar model to pay seeders to distribute their software and share in the bundling of third party software, browsers, etc. They can also let people pay for software in crypto and share that with the seeders, like an affiliates revenue model.

Torrent's using the crypto model actually help to define a way to tap into financial incentives that can solve the headache faced by rights holders.

If VTR can show a way to integrate some of the above and perhaps even more, into a wallet then we will truly have something groundbreaking, IMO

fuck one dollar lets go for 10 gonna buy more after payday :p

Welcome to the future of the  █████████████████████████████
BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██               ██             ██
██          ███████████▄          ██
██             ███▀▀▀▀████          ██
██             ███     ███          ██
██             ███▄▄▄▄████          ██
██             █████████▀           ██
██            ███ ██              ██
██            ███                 ██
██         ███████              ██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
PointPay   |

|
|

|

█████████████████████████
                     █                       █
                     █  ███                  █
                     █  █  █                 █
                     █  ███              ███████
                     █  █                █ █   █
                     █                   ███████
                     █ █ █ █                 █

Multi-currency Wallet
  [] 
                                                  █
                                  █               █
                          █       █               █
                          █       █             █████
                          █     █████     █     █   █
                        █████   █   █     █     █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █████   █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █   █   █   █
                        █   █   █████   █   █   █████
                        █   █     █     █   █     █
                        █████     █     █████     █
                          █       █       █
                          █               █
                          █
Crypto Exchange Platform
mikerbiker6

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:55:52 PM

I have 0.30 VTR in my wallet.
So how does this work, does it take 644 days for me to gain 1 vtr, or 644 days before I get some interest?

vince232

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:58:40 PM

So how does this work, does it take 644 days for me to gain 1 vtr, or 644 days before I get some interest?

just keep staking and wait. that will change. it will get faster the more you stake.
mikerbiker6

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:05:53 PM

just keep staking and wait. that will change. it will get faster the more you stake.

Do you mean, the more vtr you stake, the higher the interestrate?

Tearz

Activity: 627

The Pope Of Dope

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:12:51 PM

yup

Welcome to the future of the  █████████████████████████████
BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██               ██             ██
██          ███████████▄          ██
██             ███▀▀▀▀████          ██
██             ███▄▄▄▄████          ██
██             █████████▀           ██
██            ███ ██              ██
██            ███                 ██
██         ███████              ██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
PointPay   |

|
|

|

█  ███                  █
                     █  █  █                 █
                     █  ███              ███████
                     █  █                █ █   █
                     █                   ███████
                     █ █ █ █                 █

Multi-currency Wallet
  [] 
                                                  █
                                  █               █
                          █       █               █
                          █       █             █████
                          █     █████     █     █   █
                        █████   █   █     █     █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █████   █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █   █   █   █
                        █   █   █████   █   █   █████
                        █   █     █     █   █     █
                        █████     █     █████     █
                          █       █       █
                          █               █
                          █
Crypto Exchange Platform
vince232

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:55:33 PM

yes of course just like when you put money in the bank of course the bigger the money the bigger the interest.
as for the time of the reward it will go down the longer you stake. at first it will take you hours but over time
it will take you 30 mins to 1 hour sometimes less than 30. but more coins more reward
mikerbiker6

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:22:40 PM

What do you mean ofcourse,
With interest rate I mean 1% or 3% or whatever, not absolute values.
If I have more vtr, I get more vtr in an absolute sence right?
Otherwise it wouldn't be fair, I get rich and compound my earnings untill I earn 1000% daily interest.

vince232

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:48:44 PM

What do you mean ofcourse,
With interest rate I mean 1% or 3% or whatever, not absolute values.
If I have more vtr, I get more vtr in an absolute sence right?
Otherwise it wouldn't be fair, I get rich and compound my earnings untill I earn 1000% daily interest.

sorry i thought the amount of rewards. not the interest rate. no interest rate stays the same.
how ever interest rewards goes up if you have more coins.
Anaise

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:07:10 PM

I like the look of this coin. I'll buy some from Bittrex. Great idea dev. I love torrents too. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: