Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:36:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436013 times)
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 08:42:04 PM

Purchasing data is being actively developed by Peter Todd  Wink

IF
        HASH160 <Hash160(encryption key)> EQUALVERIFY
        <publisher pubkey> CHECKSIG
    ELSE
        <expiry time> CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY DROP
        <buyer pubkey> CHECKSIG
    ENDIF

https://github.com/petertodd/bitcoin/compare/checklocktimeverify

A few projects working on this, plus some reference code for Bitcoin.

It's a matter of when, not if.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Frigga77

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 10:00:12 PM

Some updates on vTorrent development progress,

I have been working on vTorrent almost full time recently, adding many new unique features to the client, I just need to work on a few things more and new beta should be ready for public.

Here are some current screenshot,

To all community members, please do not hesitate to throw out some great idea for our upcoming betas.

Sorry for the delays and thank you for your support as always.

A good idea would be if you could provide us with some proof of code. I am getting a little bit tired of only seeing screenshots. I am good with GIMP too, does not mean I can code. Not seeing any sign of implementing Torrent stuff either.

Any community member using any version of Mac OSX and willing to help us test the pre-public beta version of the client, feel free to contact me.

@Frigga77 I am sorry to let you down but I am seriously quite bad at GIMP  Smiley

Regards

Just wondering, why didn't you compile a beta client for windows? Much more testers if you do.
I sure hope you did not GIMP the pictures, but to me they do not say much until I see working code. You have a way of avoiding talking about technical details. And to me, that is worrying. I see that a lot of others like the concept of this coin, I do too, but I am just not that convinced that you are able to do what you promised. Did not see anything recently about the bug-solving either.
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 11:30:19 AM

I have been working on vTorrent almost full time recently, adding many new unique features to the client, I just need to work on a few things more and new beta should be ready for public.

To all community members, please do not hesitate to throw out some great idea for our upcoming betas.

A good idea would be if you could provide us with some proof of code. I am getting a little bit tired of only seeing screenshots. I am good with GIMP too, does not mean I can code. Not seeing any sign of implementing Torrent stuff either.

Any community member using any version of Mac OSX and willing to help us test the pre-public beta version of the client, feel free to contact me.

@Frigga77 I am sorry to let you down but I am seriously quite bad at GIMP  Smiley

Regards

Just wondering, why didn't you compile a beta client for windows? Much more testers if you do.
I sure hope you did not GIMP the pictures, but to me they do not say much until I see working code. You have a way of avoiding talking about technical details. And to me, that is worrying. I see that a lot of others like the concept of this coin, I do too, but I am just not that convinced that you are able to do what you promised. Did not see anything recently about the bug-solving either.

Let's wait for him to release the new wallet and see where we stand.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 01:22:42 PM

Can you fix the coin supply data so coinmarketcap picks up the VTR value.
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:45:21 PM

It would be nice to see what place we are in.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:51:52 PM

This seems like a good concept, hopefully it will be successful. Will be monitoring.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 11:23:03 AM

This shit just got real interesting:

Darkleaks is the best tool to trade any kind of media, information, video, data and documents that have value.

Hollywood movies
Trade secrets
Government secrets
Proprietary source code
Industrial designs like medicine or defence
Zero day exploits
Stolen databases
Proof of tax evasion
Military intelligence
Celebrity sex pictures
Corruption

https://medium.com/@ZozanCudi/darkleaks-information-blackmarket-1ee5ac28c892

Just as I was reviewing the PayPub code, contributions and discussions, it got released as darkleaks  Wink

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 04:14:46 PM

source_filename = "ROJAVA"
chunks_directory = "./test/"
number_chunks = 20

def setup_testdir(path):
    if os.path.isdir(path):
        shutil.rmtree(path)
    os.makedirs(path)

def checksum(filename):
    f = open(filename)
    return hashlib.sha1(f.read()).hexdigest()

setup_testdir(chunks_directory)
print "Digest of source file:", checksum(source_filename)

actual_chunks = darkleaks.start(source_filename, chunks_directory, 20)
print "Created", actual_chunks, "chunks."

# Now the chunks are passed around on BitTorrent...

# The block comes and is mined. Now we have the block_hash.
block_hash = "000000000000000014d8d1db40f33e87e8c9c5f37accb2718d40a7a1860b98c4".decode("hex")
# The leaker promised beforehand to release 10 chunks, so based
# off the block hash he now releases the pubkeys for those.
# Users can:
#   A) see that the donate addresses are generated from these
#   pubkeys as specified per chunk.
#   B) see that the pubkeys are actually used to decrypt the chunks.
# The leaker cannot preselect which chunks will get selected for
# revealing, only the number (which he announced publically).

proofs = darkleaks.prove(
    source_filename, number_chunks, block_hash, number_chunks)

Wink
SaulGray

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 10:18:28 PM

I like the concept of darkleaks. I am pretty sure I heard about this on a LTB podcast a few weeks ago.

Darkleaks seems to have a huge flaw though, what is keeping a leaker honest, there isnt even a reputation system right? Since it is all anonmymous?

Let's say a leaker has a Kardashian nude pic. Leaker sells this pic to kim or one of her fans. Whyat is keeping the leaker from making a copy and selling the nude pic again a month later?
blockchain is great fro a ton of things, I dont think darkleaks is one of them.

Blazin604

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 04:41:56 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2015, 05:16:48 AM by Blazin604

OK chaps, just had a thought about why this will take off.

GCHQ, NSA etc., capture data that flows through international routing hubs. Transatlantic data that goes through sea cables goes through just a few hubs before it distributes around a country or continent.

That's how these organisations can capture most of the data that travels around the internet. Through the routing hubs. It makes their job so much easier.

The same happens with ISPs. They track data traffic and profit from that information.

If local seeders obtain files and then seed to their immediate local area, say within a 5-10 mile radius, then ISPs and anyone else looking to profit off data traffic analysis, well they are out of luck.

Internet traffic tracking for media files now needs to include crypto <> torrent seeders.

Also, the load on the internet gets removed because traffic is more local, thus allowing the internet to continue growing without major infrastructure changes or extra charges based on bandwidth use by users.  ISPs would pay seeders for this help.

There are so many ways for seeders to get paid. Who will give away files, when someone else is distributing it free, but making a profit from doing so. We just killed torrents.  Grin

Hello all I am new to this community. Can someone explain the fundementals of this coin to me? What will the currency be used for....what will make it valuable?    Will people get "paid" for uploading content and if it has many seeders / leechers you get paid? Do seeders also get paid? How does this work....brilliant idea however I am glad someone is doing this. Also can someone tell coinmarketcap to update their shit?

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 11:55:33 AM

GCHQ, NSA etc., capture data that flows through international routing hubs. Transatlantic data that goes through sea cables goes through just a few hubs before it distributes around a country or continent.

That's how these organisations can capture most of the data that travels around the internet. Through the routing hubs. It makes their job so much easier.

The same happens with ISPs. They track data traffic and profit from that information.

If local seeders obtain files and then seed to their immediate local area, say within a 5-10 mile radius, then ISPs and anyone else looking to profit off data traffic analysis, well they are out of luck.

Internet traffic tracking for media files now needs to include crypto <> torrent seeders.

Also, the load on the internet gets removed because traffic is more local, thus allowing the internet to continue growing without major infrastructure changes or extra charges based on bandwidth use by users.  ISPs would pay seeders for this help.

There are so many ways for seeders to get paid. Who will give away files, when someone else is distributing it free, but making a profit from doing so. We just killed torrents.  Grin

Hello all I am new to this community. Can someone explain the fundementals of this coin to me? What will the currency be used for....what will make it valuable?    Will people get "paid" for uploading content and if it has many seeders / leechers you get paid? Do seeders also get paid? How does this work....brilliant idea however I am glad someone is doing this. Also can someone tell coinmarketcap to update their shit?

Always tread with caution. It's still early days on all these projects. I've dipped my toe in the waters, but keeping options open - including taking on projects in this space if needed.
Blazin604

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 05:01:13 AM

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:54:08 PM

bump, dev  Wink
Frigga77

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 06:38:37 PM

Hi Dev, a kind reminder that 6 days have passed since your last reply in this thread and everybody is waiting impatiently for the new beta with those many unique features you promised, but would not reveal yet. Please keep us updated on the progress  Wink
oktogen

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 08:55:39 PM

And by the way i can´t download any wallet from dev ann post, (maybe the files are deleted, the link follow only to filedropper.com ). Can someone  try?
vtorrent (OP)

Activity: 195
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 12:10:56 AM

And by the way i can´t download any wallet from dev ann post, (maybe the files are deleted, the link follow only to filedropper.com ). Can someone  try?

Thank you for your report,

All links has been updated and link for new beta (OSX version) is also posted in the first post as feedback from private beta has been good so far.

Thank you for your support.
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 06:41:37 AM

All links has been updated and link for new beta (OSX version) is also posted in the first post as feedback from private beta has been good so far.

Dev can you fix the data on coinmarketcap? Thanks.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

dida
Legendary

Activity: 1190

SoNiC BooM

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 08:52:20 AM

Has anybody tested new MAC OSX wallet?...can you provide us with some details

Thx
ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 02:54:55 PM

Can dev please update as at least to say you're still working on this? Also I still haven't received a response about my wallet issue.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 03:40:25 PM

Can dev please update as at least to say you're still working on this? Also I still haven't received a response about my wallet issue.

up thread

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: