Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:59:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436010 times)
Tearz

Activity: 627
Merit: 250

The Pope Of Dope

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 06:47:37 PM

dont know if i should buy more

Welcome to the future of the  █████████████████████████████
BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██               ██             ██
██          ███████████▄          ██
██             ███▀▀▀▀████          ██
██             ███     ███          ██
██             ███     ███          ██
██             ███▄▄▄▄████          ██
██             █████████▀           ██
██            ███ ██              ██
██            ███                 ██
██         ███████              ██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
PointPay   |

|
|

|

█████████████████████████
                     █                       █
                     █  ███                  █
                     █  █  █                 █
                     █  ███              ███████
                     █  █                █ █   █
                     █                   ███████
                     █ █ █ █                 █
                     █████████████████████████

Multi-currency Wallet
  [] 
                                                  █
                                  █               █
                          █       █               █
                          █       █             █████
                          █     █████     █     █   █
                        █████   █   █     █     █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █████   █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █   █   █   █
                        █   █   █████   █   █   █████
                        █   █     █     █   █     █
                        █████     █     █████     █
                          █       █       █
                          █               █
                          █
Crypto Exchange Platform

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 07:16:10 PM

Dev

Can I suggest thinking about / testing an easier to implement solution such as

https://untorrent.me/

?

This is sort of a two stage process, (1) link to existing services such as the one above or create something similar, then (2) keep working on the harder long-term plan.

Anyone else have a view?
Frigga77

Activity: 379

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 08:14:06 PM

And by the way i can´t download any wallet from dev ann post, (maybe the files are deleted, the link follow only to filedropper.com ). Can someone  try?

Thank you for your report,

All links has been updated and link for new beta (OSX version) is also posted in the first post as feedback from private beta has been good so far.

Thank you for your support.

Dev please compile a Windows version of the beta, if you want to be taken serious.
Also do something with the feedback people are giving here, for example, change the total to 10 million and the premine in 6% in the OP, because the 20 million and 3% are not correct, as we have stated before.
Frazazel

Activity: 340

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 08:30:12 PM

And by the way i can´t download any wallet from dev ann post, (maybe the files are deleted, the link follow only to filedropper.com ). Can someone  try?

All links has been updated and link for new beta (OSX version) is also posted in the first post as feedback from private beta has been good so far.

Dev please compile a Windows version of the beta, if you want to be taken serious.
Also do something with the feedback people are giving here, for example, change the total to 10 million and the premine in 6% in the OP, because the 20 million and 3% are not correct, as we have stated before.

I have a tip for you, sell your BTC and buy an iMac then you have a good computer , windows sucks , look at the problems that people have with windows wallet and people who have problems imac
99% windos problems
01 % imac

have patience everything will be fine , I have 100 % confidence in the dev
better good programming slowly
quickly and you get garbage

Grin

https://crypto-income.eu (where crypto become's your income)
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 08:45:55 PM

And by the way i can´t download any wallet from dev ann post, (maybe the files are deleted, the link follow only to filedropper.com ). Can someone  try?

I haven't quite figured out if the 20million is going to be issued in 2 phases - 10m PoW (done), 10m PoS interest @5% per year until max coin.

would be useful to have some clarification.
ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:10:03 PM

I have a tip for you, sell your BTC and buy an iMac then you have a good computer , windows sucks , look at the problems that people have with windows wallet and people who have problems imac
99% windos problems
01 % imac

Grin

Absolute nonsense; all coins should be released on all OS and Linux/open source should be the first priority.
Frigga77

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:29:55 PM

99% windos problems
01 % imac

Grin

Absolute nonsense; all coins should be released on all OS and Linux/open source should be the first priority.

I agree with you  Smiley I am not using Windows myself BTW, was asking it for other people, I am a Linux and open source proponent. Have been using Linux since 15 years (specifically Ubuntu in the last 5 years) and have not used Windows for quite some time. I am able to compile for Linux, so would not be a problem for me if Dev would put the BETA source code on Github, but he seems to have some problems with that.

BTW, I see no progress with this coin at all, but might be only me having too high standards.
Anyway I see Frazazel has an iMac, so at least he will be able to test the new beta. Would be nice to hear from you and see some screenshots and commentary on the exchange features.
Frazazel

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 10:10:36 PM

99% windos problems
01 % imac

Grin

I agree with you  Smiley I am not using Windows myself BTW, was asking it for other people, I am a Linux and open source proponent. Have been using Linux since 15 years (specifically Ubuntu in the last 5 years) and have not used Windows for quite some time. I am able to compile for Linux, so would not be a problem for me if Dev would put the BETA source code on Github, but he seems to have some problems with that.

BTW, I see no progress with this coin at all, but might be only me having too high standards.
Anyway I see Frazazel has an iMac, so at least he will be able to test the new beta. Would be nice to hear from you and see some screenshots and commentary on the exchange features.

you know what I do not understand these forums when you no longer believe in this coin you 'll just step out instead of sitting whine  Cry Kiss

Frigga77

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 10:33:30 PM

you know what I do not understand these forums when you no longer believe in this coin you 'll just step out instead of sitting whine  Cry Kiss

Why I am here? Maybe for  the sake of freedom of speech? Or maybe I am here because I do not want people to lose money to a Dev who obviously is not going to deliver. Sure hope I am wrong in this one, but I have learned that most of the time if the Dev is as vague about his progress as this one, he is trying to hide his incompetence or unwillingness to deliver.

BTW, are you going to test the new beta?
Frazazel

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 11:36:38 PM

you know what I do not understand these forums when you no longer believe in this coin you 'll just step out instead of sitting whine  Cry Kiss

Why I am here? Maybe for  the sake of freedom of speech? Or maybe I am here because I do not want people to lose money to a Dev who obviously is not going to deliver. Sure hope I am wrong in this one, but I have learned that most of the time if the Dev is as vague about his progress as this one, he is trying to hide his incompetence or unwillingness to deliver.

BTW, are you going to test the new beta?

Yes i Will test the New beta i try to test in 2 days

vtorrent (OP)

Activity: 195
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 12:18:41 AM

I am also building new Beta client for Windows users, but it will not be release until I could find a work around for Windows QT static build and Webkit limitation. (Please see. https://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.7/platform-notes.html)

Please keep in mind that the currency part of this project is completely 'open source' as it should be for all crypto-currency.

I have decided to 'closed source' all of the unique features of vTorrent's client such as in-client trading, trading bot, push notification system, including new locking (encryption) system.

Source for BitTorrent implement in-client will most likely be closed at least until the first beta or the official release of the client with the BitTorrent functions implemented.

Thank you all for your support.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 01:33:11 AM

I am also building new Beta client for Windows users, but it will not be release until I could find a work around for Windows QT static build and Webkit limitation. (Please see. https://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.7/platform-notes.html)

Please keep in mind that the currency part of this project is completely 'open source' as it should be for all crypto-currency.

I have decided to 'closed source' all of the unique features of vTorrent's client such as in-client trading, trading bot, push notification system, including new locking (encryption) system.

Source for BitTorrent implement in-client will most likely be closed at least until the first beta or the official release of the client with the BitTorrent functions implemented.

Thank you all for your support.

If you are using BitTorrent, then take a look at the darkleaks work when you start planning.

https://github.com/darkwallet/darkleaks/

They are also using bittorrent to distribute files. Maybe some useful work and thinking there. it is still alpha.

It may not suit what you have in mind, but could help.
digitalgrow

Activity: 704

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 03:31:21 PM

Noticed that the top addresses on Bittrex are getting fatter...keep an eye on this coin ppl, could be huge!!
Blazin604

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 07:01:21 AM

one question

1. Lets say this works out....everyone is seeding / uploading..how will people being awarded the VTR for uploading/seeding be able to cash out/exchange the VTR for BTC or fiat ? why would anyone want to BUY VTR ? ....what would be the point? People are just going to be stuck with mass amounts of VTR with no one to sell on the exchanges to

ik_do

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:18:49 AM

one question

1. Lets say this works out....everyone is seeding / uploading..how will people being awarded the VTR for uploading/seeding be able to cash out/exchange the VTR for BTC or fiat ? why would anyone want to BUY VTR ? ....what would be the point? People are just going to be stuck with mass amounts of VTR with no one to sell on the exchanges to

Those who currently do not seed or those with poor upstream connections. It will become an incentive for older torrents* to stay alive a lot, lot longer (perhaps indefinitely). This could easily replace quite a few closed services that currently exist.

* = in this instance I am referring to linux ISOs distributed by torrent obviously
vtorrent (OP)

Activity: 195
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 11:24:00 AM

one question

Current model is as follow, seeding and uploading will NOT generate new coin. Sharer will be awarded directly from other user by sending (paying) them to download the content of the torrent they've uploaded or currently seeding, as a result, they should be able to cash out/exchange the VTR for BTC or fiat from the users that need to download the content providing by the sharer.

I hope this should clear up your confusion, we are always open to new ideas, and constructive criticism are always welcome.

Blazin604

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 02:31:45 PM

one question

Current model is as follow, seeding and uploading will NOT generate new coin. Sharer will be awarded directly from other user by sending (paying) them to download the content of the torrent they've uploaded or currently seeding, as a result, they should be able to cash out/exchange the VTR for BTC or fiat from the users that need to download the content providing by the sharer.

I hope this should clear up your confusion, we are always open to new ideas, and constructive criticism are always welcome.

I see...and why would people want to go from paying NOTHING when downloading a torrent to PAYING?? what advantages are there of using Vtorrent and paying in VTR than just using good ol torrent for FREE?.

ik_do

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 02:41:47 PM

one question

So the only way to get VTR (besides faucet or giveaway) is to buy it?

Do you have any idea of what each VTR would be worth in terms of bandwidth, or is this something that would change over time? Would the reward for lesser seeded torrents be higher?
Blazin604

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 04:08:29 PM

one question

Do you have any idea of what each VTR would be worth in terms of bandwidth, or is this something that would change over time? Would the reward for lesser seeded torrents be higher?

Good question..and why would people want to go from paying NOTHING when downloading a torrent to PAYING?? what advantages are there of using Vtorrent and paying in VTR than just using good ol torrent for FREE?.

ik_do

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 04:24:36 PM

one question

Good question..and why would people want to go from paying NOTHING when downloading a torrent to PAYING?? what advantages are there of using Vtorrent and paying in VTR than just using good ol torrent for FREE?.

As I said earlier there are many torrent networks that are closed (you can do your own research on the matter); especially for files which have less demand, they can easily die out from a lack of seeding.

There are also some files on popular websites which die off because of a lack of seeders.

The other factor is that until now all torrent websites have been centralized--they come and go over time. The idea of this (if I understand it right) is to have a decentralized database of magnet links.

This is pretty much going to turn what bittorrent currently is into something more like Kazaa (i.e. easy to use for anyone).

I think the wallet download should include some free funds or there should be a way that anyone from anywhere can start using the program without having to invest first; this would remove a huge barrier of entry.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: