Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:42:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436013 times)
Blazin604

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:21:27 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2015, 01:27:10 AM by Blazin604

when will someone come up with how to distribute the data across the blockchain? this year ? next year?

so just advice to anyone buying this right now .....we dont even know if this will work out....however here is some motivation

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/kickass-so-torrent-website-goes-offline-domain-name-seized-list-alternate-websites-623002

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Frigga77

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:45:42 AM

So the only way to get VTR (besides faucet or giveaway) is to buy it?

Do you have any idea of what each VTR would be worth in terms of bandwidth, or is this something that would change over time? Would the reward for lesser seeded torrents be higher?

Good question..and why would people want to go from paying NOTHING when downloading a torrent to PAYING?? what advantages are there of using Vtorrent and paying in VTR than just using good ol torrent for FREE?.

As I said earlier there are many torrent networks that are closed (you can do your own research on the matter); especially for files which have less demand, they can easily die out from a lack of seeding.

There are also some files on popular websites which die off because of a lack of seeders.

The other factor is that until now all torrent websites have been centralized--they come and go over time. The idea of this (if I understand it right) is to have a decentralized database of magnet links.

This is pretty much going to turn what bittorrent currently is into something more like Kazaa (i.e. easy to use for anyone).

I think the wallet download should include some free funds or there should be a way that anyone from anywhere can start using the program without having to invest first; this would remove a huge barrier of entry.

If vtorrent will ever work it would need the following elements to be succesful in my opinion:
- reward for offering content, not the downloaders pay, but the system. Maybe initially use the 6% premine for that, or make some kind of masternodes to handle the payments.
- a good system not only consisting of a decentralized database of magnet links (which in my opinion is not the key to success), but also  consisting of a good way to read and search in that decentralized database (datamining) without needing to access a website that could go offline anytime.
- a developer that is open about what is happening in development and attracts other good and skilled developers to participate in a joined effort.
- open source code. Closed source will not work because nobody will trust the code. We are talking about wallets here and an anonymous developer.
Blazin604

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 03:02:57 PM

So the only way to get VTR (besides faucet or giveaway) is to buy it?

Do you have any idea of what each VTR would be worth in terms of bandwidth, or is this something that would change over time? Would the reward for lesser seeded torrents be higher?

Good question..and why would people want to go from paying NOTHING when downloading a torrent to PAYING?? what advantages are there of using Vtorrent and paying in VTR than just using good ol torrent for FREE?.

As I said earlier there are many torrent networks that are closed (you can do your own research on the matter); especially for files which have less demand, they can easily die out from a lack of seeding.

There are also some files on popular websites which die off because of a lack of seeders.

The other factor is that until now all torrent websites have been centralized--they come and go over time. The idea of this (if I understand it right) is to have a decentralized database of magnet links.

This is pretty much going to turn what bittorrent currently is into something more like Kazaa (i.e. easy to use for anyone).

I think the wallet download should include some free funds or there should be a way that anyone from anywhere can start using the program without having to invest first; this would remove a huge barrier of entry.

If vtorrent will ever work it would need the following elements to be succesful in my opinion:
- reward for offering content, not the downloaders pay, but the system. Maybe initially use the 6% premine for that, or make some kind of masternodes to handle the payments.
- a good system not only consisting of a decentralized database of magnet links (which in my opinion is not the key to success), but also  consisting of a good way to read and search in that decentralized database (datamining) without needing to access a website that could go offline anytime.
- a developer that is open about what is happening in development and attracts other good and skilled developers to participate in a joined effort.
- open source code. Closed source will not work because nobody will trust the code. We are talking about wallets here and an anonymous developer.

Thank you for your input. Spot on. I really believe as a team we can get this Project going. I really do believe in my gut this is the direction Torrents should be going.

dida
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

SoNiC BooM

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 09:22:19 AM

Any news?
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 10:16:38 AM

Interesting question (I've cross posted it)

Vtorrent looks interesting. Have any of the ideas been implemented ?

is vTorrents working with the SuperNET guys?
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 10:10:50 PM

Any news?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

locohammerhead

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 04:57:34 AM

You could always link up with the Sapience IBTP and let XAINET do the routing for you.  vTorrent then could focus on doing the Kazathing and make those magnetic links useable.

oktogen

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 02:27:12 PM

Dev, please some reasonable ETAs? or how is working on vtorrent going? This is interesting concept, it will be a pity, to lose interest thanks to an absence of communication ...
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 11:12:53 PM

updated for above

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=932096.msg10231367#msg10231367
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 08:52:22 PM

If it continues like this, the coin is going to be delisted from C-Cex due to low trade volume after a week (C-cex announce the new list of coins to be delisted, and vtorrent is one of them)... There are no trades as people don't know what is happening wit this coin. Here comes a question to coin developer (@vtorrent)- do you work on this project currently?

... this space is not for rent ...
ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 09:36:57 PM

profile shows them as active today: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=402107
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 08:32:19 PM

To dump or not to dump that is the question?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

Frazazel

Activity: 340

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 09:42:30 PM

I have news iT Will be removed from cex

https://crypto-income.eu (where crypto become's your income)
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 11:25:07 PM

I have news iT Will be removed from cex
The Dev will have to edit the title now, if he could be bothered, he still hasn't updated coinmarketcap Grin

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

vtorrent (OP)

Activity: 195
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 11:52:45 PM

I sincerely apologize for the delays and absent in this thread due to an unforeseen issue with my real life project/business this month, but I am still working on this project and I do intend to move forward with vTorrent.

In this coming week, I will try my best to keep the community updated along with some screenshot of the current development phrase on the torrent implementation.

Regards,
vTorrent
Frigga77

Activity: 379

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 09:04:46 AM

I sincerely apologize for the delays and absent in this thread due to an unforeseen issue with my real life project/business this month, but I am still working on this project and I do intend to move forward with vTorrent.

In this coming week, I will try my best to keep the community updated along with some screenshot of the current development phrase on the torrent implementation.

Regards,
vTorrent

Would rather like to see some real thing instead of screenshots.
Did anyone test the beta Mac wallet? Guess not, because almost no one is using that OS.
Anyway, hate to say, but this really is a pathetic case of empty promises. The idea of this coin is intriguing, but nothing substantial has come out of it for 2 months now.  I hope that someone will make a decentralised torrentdatabase and searchengine soon, based on blockchaintechnology to reward people for offering content. It most definitely will not be vtorrent.
Frazazel

Activity: 340

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 10:33:32 AM

I want to try test the iMac wallet but sorry I have interested in the 10k coin and make really money
On Vtorrent The only thing that I hear is sorry sorry i do my best and sorry for the delays
It's take me to long to wait sorry sorry for me to
I hope this wil be a great project for the believers

I'm out

Bye

https://crypto-income.eu (where crypto become's your income)
robbo389

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 10:56:17 AM

Regards,
vTorrent

Would rather like to see some real thing instead of screenshots.
Did anyone test the beta Mac wallet? Guess not, because almost no one is using that OS.
Anyway, hate to say, but this really is a pathetic case of empty promises. The idea of this coin is intriguing, but nothing substantial has come out of it for 2 months now.  I hope that someone will make a decentralised torrentdatabase and searchengine soon, based on blockchaintechnology to reward people for offering content. It most definitely will not be vtorrent.

I would be happier if we could see something working even if it's not perfect. A screenshot demonstrates nothing.
Joori

Activity: 192

Just an average guy with an average job!

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:46:24 PM

I actually loaded a VM with OS X on it to try the beta wallet.. it's as the screenshots describe but nothing that excites me. The twitter feed sorta bores me as i don't really pay much attention to twitter anyway and the inbuilt trading isn't bad but could do with other exchanges included tho since C-Cex is delisting this coin, i don't think it would matter much now anyway. Sad that a windows wallet wasn't built aswell... The things added to the client to me doesn't represent what the coin was marketed as in the beginning so i'm not very wow'd by the 'developments' or lack thereof :\

Just my 2 vtr.
dida
Legendary

Activity: 1190

SoNiC BooM

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 07:18:51 PM

I actually loaded a VM with OS X on it to try the beta wallet.. it's as the screenshots describe but nothing that excites me. The twitter feed sorta bores me as i don't really pay much attention to twitter anyway and the inbuilt trading isn't bad but could do with other exchanges included tho since C-Cex is delisting this coin, i don't think it would matter much now anyway. Sad that a windows wallet wasn't built aswell... The things added to the client to me doesn't represent what the coin was marketed as in the beginning so i'm not very wow'd by the 'developments' or lack thereof :\

Just my 2 vtr.

+100

we can rename this coin into "screenshot coin"

good luck to you all guys...Im out.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: