Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 07:01:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436050 times)
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 08:44:05 PM

After a few months away from crypto, I'm glad to see that the Dev didn't run away.

I'm still holding my 150K, this might actually turn out to be one of my better investments, time will tell.

Another whale. I'm keeping track now.

leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 09:29:33 PM

After a few months away from crypto, I'm glad to see that the Dev didn't run away.

I'm still holding my 150K, this might actually turn out to be one of my better investments, time will tell.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

danieluk9

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 11:43:31 PM

I'm not trashing here, I even have some partial investment in this coin.
But how does the dev posting something that looks like 1hr or less of dev work / photoshop after months and months restore everyones trust, I want some real proof that this guy isnt a shitgoblet and im not wasting my money and time
ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:43:40 AM

But how does the dev posting something that looks like 1hr or less of dev work / photoshop after months and months restore everyones trust, I want some real proof that this guy isnt a shitgoblet and im not wasting my money and time

I hold a decent stake in this, and if you've been following this thread you'll note that the dev has always said he doesn't want to advertise features or hype up this idea before it is fully done.
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 05:06:51 AM

Read coins101 previous post, he's been testing the new wallet.

Hmm. Looks like upgrading to Win10 breaks VTR.

I'm waiting to catch-up with the chain so I can see if -rescan rebuilds my wallet.

@dev

There have been several people, on this and other torrent projects, asking for the payment model to be like this, or like that.

It seems to me that the new wallet gives you the flexibility to build multiple types of revenue models. From free, to charge by bandwidth, to charge per file, to charge per priority.  Let the users decide the best revenue model, but that would mean building market options.

Obviously, we're all waiting to see something working first, before getting ambitious.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 05:15:11 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2015, 05:27:37 AM by mishax1

You should keep track of my 5K as well, as this will probably be poorly executed and mega dumped the second the price rises.

Only a few hold vtr, how is the coin even relevant to the application ? What happens when the app is released but the coin is being held by a few?

We have no idea who the developer is or his skills. He obviously couldn't care less about the community..

I'm sorry but this is project is on the verge of scam.  Undecided

A fork and a decent coin distribution (if even the coin is needed) would be probably inevitable.
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 06:21:30 AM

You should keep track of my 5K as well, as this will probably be poorly executed and mega dumped the second the price rises.

Only a few hold vtr, how is the coin even relevant to the application ? What happens when the app is released but the coin is being held by a few?

We have no idea who the developer is or his skills. He obviously couldn't care less about the community..

A fork and a decent coin distribution (if even the coin is needed) would be probably inevitable.

Why post negative comments all the time?  Why not just dump your 5K and leave this thread?

You ask how is this coin relevant to the application? As of right now it's not, but when the dev does release the new wallet with torrents on the blockchain, it will. Here in the UK, the censorship for torrent sites is awful, one of the worst countries for it, this wallet will solve that problem. That's massive!

30 million+ people use torrents daily, about 0.5 million people use Crypto daily, this coin could bring a flood of new people into the scene who have never even heard of crypto, let's not forget about rewarding seeders and uploaders with coin, this would also strengthen the torrent network.

Here's the top address's : http://www.multifaucet.tk/index.php?blockexplorer=VTR&top_addresses=100

The distribution isn't the best, i'll admit. Why shouldn't those people who held this coin while others dumped when they thought this was a scam get rewarded? They will take their profit from the people on the sidelines who are waiting for the dev to release before investing.

I know the developer isn't the best either, in fact he comes across as an ass in my opinion, but none of that will matter when the wallet is out, the code will speak for it's self.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 07:47:57 AM

I'm waiting to catch-up with the chain so I can see if -rescan rebuilds my wallet.

@dev

There have been several people, on this and other torrent projects, asking for the payment model to be like this, or like that.

It seems to me that the new wallet gives you the flexibility to build multiple types of revenue models. From free, to charge by bandwidth, to charge per file, to charge per priority.  Let the users decide the best revenue model, but that would mean building market options.

Obviously, we're all waiting to see something working first, before getting ambitious.

I've been testing my patience, but that's about it.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 07:56:30 AM

I dont think its a scam, but I think that the dev has pretty bad community management skills.

Which is both a pro & contra. For a dev this is not a requirement, however altcoin projects dont have a separate manager, usually the dev & manager is the same. If you would have a separate manager, a PR guy, and the DEV separately, then this issue would be resolved.

The PR guy would keep the community updated, and the dev would work quietly on the project.

This way everybody will be updated and the dev would not be disturbed by frequent questions. What do you think guys?

mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:02:26 PM

Why post negative comments all the time?  Why not just dump your 5K and leave this thread?

You ask how is this coin relevant to the application? As of right now it's not, but when the dev does release the new wallet with torrents on the blockchain, it will. Here in the UK, the censorship for torrent sites is awful, one of the worst countries for it, this wallet will solve that problem. That's massive!

30 million+ people use torrents daily, about 0.5 million people use Crypto daily, this coin could bring a flood of new people into the scene who have never even heard of crypto, let's not forget about rewarding seeders and uploaders with coin, this would also strengthen the torrent network.

Here's the top address's : http://www.multifaucet.tk/index.php?blockexplorer=VTR&top_addresses=100

The distribution isn't the best, i'll admit. Why shouldn't those people who held this coin while others dumped when they thought this was a scam get rewarded? They will take their profit from the people on the sidelines who are waiting for the dev to release before investing.

I know the developer isn't the best either, in fact he comes across as an ass in my opinion, but none of that will matter when the wallet is out, the code will speak for it's self.

Releasing a blockchain based torrent app as it is wouldn't be enough, it needs uploaders, and someone who controls these uploaders (for their content,viruses,fakes) with some sort of signup system, it needs to be operated by multiple staff members, otherwise it would be just another emule app with coins.. 
And all these make it centralized instead of decentralized.. I would love to know how he deals with this issue..
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:05:04 PM

@dev

I've been testing my patience, but that's about it.

My bad, I thought you were testing Sad

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:09:20 PM

Releasing a blockchain based torrent app as it is wouldn't be enough, it needs uploaders, and someone who controls these uploaders (for their content,viruses,fakes) with some sort of signup system, it needs to be operated by multiple staff members, otherwise it would be just another emule app with coins..  
And all these make it centralized instead of decentralized.. I would love to know how he deals with this issue..

Wouldn't a voting system weed out the fakes and viruses?

After someone downloads the torrent, they could and a +1 if it's any good, and -1 if it's bad, the bigger the vote count the safer the download.

That would keep it decentralized.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:30:52 PM

You can't trust votes on brand new and fresh application..
ancientOne1

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:38:10 PM

-- snipped--

After someone downloads the torrent, they could and a +1 if it's any good, and -1 if it's bad, the bigger the vote count the safer the download.

How do you prevent scammers from voting on their own torrent?
Look at how it currently works:

-A few brave ones risk it and download the file: as reward they are the first to have the file.
-They keep seeding (at least some do)
-What is seeded the most is most likely real*
- Fake ones that rise to the top are weeded out by admins.

*However, I think there are ways in which this can be tricked too.
But there is a solution. I believe someone already mentioned it here.
Trusted members of the community can sign the torrent to prove it is legit.
That way we also do not require admins.
ik_do

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 02:48:26 PM

-- snipped--

How do you prevent scammers from voting on their own torrent?
Look at how it currently works:

-A few brave ones risk it and download the file: as reward they are the first to have the file.
-They keep seeding (at least some do)
-What is seeded the most is most likely real*
- Fake ones that rise to the top are weeded out by admins.

*However, I think there are ways in which this can be tricked too.
But there is a solution. I believe someone already mentioned it here.
Trusted members of the community can sign the torrent to prove it is legit.
That way we also do not require admins.

I think to see the true value of vTorrent or a similar system you have to consider a few points:
-altcoin is better than bitcoin--giving new users bitcoin isn't easy, giving a new user VTR from a faucet or similar is much easier
-TPB and major sites have huge reliability issues--changing TLDs every other day and inconsistent search results
-Closed sites such as for music will be much better through a decentralized network than any of the closed networks that exist today. Music is perhaps a losing point for torrent at the moment, unless you happen to be within a closed website; the availability of little-known musicians is bad. You had to compete with impossible upload ratios to the point that people will never download anything and only seed, thus making it impossible to keep a positive ratio. Personally I've shared about 6-7TB just on music over the past year.

Not to speak on behalf of VTR's creator but I believe this system will exist for those of us that want 'legal linux ISOs' now and we don't mind paying for them. The alternative channels are too slow to bother with.

Anyway, I'm sure there is no solid answer, once the release actually happens with torrent implementation it will be a learning experience. There is never going to be a sure answer for how to introduce money into torrents.

I for one am willing to donate a decent amount to any in-app faucet that appears (perhaps a lottery system to keep it fair)--to put it out there in numerical form I am willing to donate 40,000 VTR for this purpose (over a period of time)
rakesh1_90

Activity: 686

Fall seven times, stand up eight.

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 03:19:11 PM

Cheesy :DLol, you guys still here!! This is what i call making a complete fool out of yourselves.
ik_do

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 04:11:49 PM

Cheesy :DLol, you guys still here!! This is what i call making a complete fool out of yourselves.

Watch and learn when the release of this software comes out; even if it doesn't do you really believe anyone is stupid enough to put all their eggs in one basket?

Cryptocurrency is an investment and a risk in its own. Whether it comes out positive or negative no one really knows.

To spend time to demean those who have placed an investment is more hilarious a waste of time than those who have taken the risk.

If your name wasn't all too familiar on altcoin threads then we could perhaps lend it more credence but 'raskesh' only comes across as a joke to me at this point in time.

Whether I lose hard because of this investment or gain at least a few percent I will only ever laugh at your name.

I'm sure that even in your most serious stake you are one of those that claim to have "0.1 BTC" to risk in an investment. To put your position in perspective I've already spend several BTC on just this cryptocurrency as well as a few select others.

So please save us your yawn/yarn of a statement belittling those that dare to invest where you cannot. In a few years we'll either be at a complete loss or a complete gain--that is what a risk is.

All I can say of this dev is that he held the key to my own wallet worth a decent stake and never sought to steal it and provided me with the means to gain what I had initially invested.  Although his/her updates have been sporadic at best the idea is what attracts me to this cryptocurrency and I hope that we soon see a development.

The dev has been consistently held in his/her belief that they shouldn't advertise a service which as of yet doesn't exist and for this reason has been sporadic in updates.

Take it or leave it, if you're too cheap to invest then I can only provide laughter. I've invested semi-decent paycheques into this idea as well as others and whether they come to fruition or not is when we realize the term 'investment' / 'risk'.

If your IQ is too little to understand what is happening here then I only hope you find somewhere better to conjur your bullshit.
rakesh1_90

Activity: 686

Fall seven times, stand up eight.

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 12:19:26 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2015, 12:33:47 PM by rakesh1_90

Watch and learn when the release of this software comes out; even if it doesn't do you really believe anyone is stupid enough to put all their eggs in one basket?

Cryptocurrency is an investment and a risk in its own. Whether it comes out positive or negative no one really knows.

To spend time to demean those who have placed an investment is more hilarious a waste of time than those who have taken the risk.

If your name wasn't all too familiar on altcoin threads then we could perhaps lend it more credence but 'raskesh' only comes across as a joke to me at this point in time.

Whether I lose hard because of this investment or gain at least a few percent I will only ever laugh at your name.

I'm sure that even in your most serious stake you are one of those that claim to have "0.1 BTC" to risk in an investment. To put your position in perspective I've already spend several BTC on just this cryptocurrency as well as a few select others.

So please save us your yawn/yarn of a statement belittling those that dare to invest where you cannot. In a few years we'll either be at a complete loss or a complete gain--that is what a risk is.

All I can say of this dev is that he held the key to my own wallet worth a decent stake and never sought to steal it and provided me with the means to gain what I had initially invested.  Although his/her updates have been sporadic at best the idea is what attracts me to this cryptocurrency and I hope that we soon see a development.

The dev has been consistently held in his/her belief that they shouldn't advertise a service which as of yet doesn't exist and for this reason has been sporadic in updates.

Take it or leave it, if you're too cheap to invest then I can only provide laughter. I've invested semi-decent paycheques into this idea as well as others and whether they come to fruition or not is when we realize the term 'investment' / 'risk'.

If your IQ is too little to understand what is happening here then I only hope you find somewhere better to conjur your bullshit.

Sob Sob Sob Sob **  Ik_do repents not investing in bitcoin when it was worth $1 and now wants to make it big with VTR** Sob Sob Sob!! Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

Lol!!! And the risk your taking and are talking about is just a piece of turd to me!
ik_do

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 01:10:44 PM

All I can say of this dev is that he held the key to my own wallet worth a decent stake and never sought to steal it and provided me with the means to gain what I had initially invested.  Although his/her updates have been sporadic at best the idea is what attracts me to this cryptocurrency and I hope that we soon see a development.

Sob Sob Sob Sob **  Ik_do repents not investing in bitcoin when it was worth $1 and now wants to make it big with VTR** Sob Sob Sob!! Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

Lol!!! And the risk your taking and are talking about is just a piece of turd to me!

Don't need to respond much more than pointing out that your signature prominently advertises another altcoin. I'm sure you'll make it big too (wow, their domain name expired and they aren't releasing any more updates, I guess you didn't make it big with that one!)
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 05:59:01 PM

Don't need to respond much more than pointing out that your signature prominently advertises another altcoin. I'm sure you'll make it big too (wow, their domain name expired and they aren't releasing any more updates, I guess you didn't make it big with that one!)

Rakesh got wrecked on Vior and Sbit, he was the top wallet.

Fall seven times, stand up eight. Sounds like he's bagholding a lot of shitcoins.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: