Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:12:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436036 times)
NextTrade

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 03:54:16 PM

So can anyone explain why we are still trading with 4 zero in front?

even with current price (2000 satoshi) is like a joke cus its still way cheaper than most shit coin on Bittrex.

Shocked
Delita Heiral

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 03:57:12 PM

The dev's already said that this release won't have the torrent features.

When?

New wallet and some insight into our progress.

He's referring to this, but didnt look at the date:

I had the same feeling about the screenshot that it looks pasted especially around the 'TORRENT' button area, but after I went through their source code on github, I found that the button itself and some of the torrent related stuff is actually there in the source code but disabled or commented out for some reason.

Here some of the stuff I've found

SOURCES += src/qt/torrent/torrentmodel.cpp \
             src/qt/torrent/shutdownconfirm.cpp
}
} #torrent_enable

Anyway, I might be wrong but this looks very legit to me, but I still don't know why dev would remove all of the torrent related stuff in this released.

Hello,

Good job in digging in our mess Cheesy

We have decided to remove all the torrent related stuff on the first release since it was still in a very early development stage, and as we stated in the first post that currently only download function is available making it pretty much gimmick. We will release it when its ready.
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 04:05:53 PM

even with current price (2000 satoshi) is like a joke cus its still way cheaper than most shit coin on Bittrex.

Shocked

The video was of vTorrent Core 0.8.1, but they didn't click on the torrent tab, how disappointing. Sad

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 04:11:22 PM

I've used the 0.8.1 version that was released privately to me and it had the torrent section disabled. I did go through the code as much as possible and there were references to torrents and certain things that made it seem plausible that the torrent section actually exists but has not been publicly released as of yet.
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 04:11:53 PM

Shocked

Until the new wallet gets released with torrents implemented no one is going to buy (only gamblers), the rest are cautiously waiting in the wings, when it does get released expect a massive move in price.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 04:13:35 PM

Shocked

The video was of vTorrent Core 0.8.1, but they didn't click on the torrent tab, how disappointing. Sad

The upload date for the youtube video was 12th of Aug.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 05:21:48 PM

Shocked

The upload date for the youtube video was 12th of Aug.

Still, nice to see an SPV in action
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2016, 09:19:26 PM

The dev's already said that this release won't have the torrent features.

When?

New wallet and some insight into our progress.

He's referring to this, but didnt look at the date:

I had the same feeling about the screenshot that it looks pasted especially around the 'TORRENT' button area, but after I went through their source code on github, I found that the button itself and some of the torrent related stuff is actually there in the source code but disabled or commented out for some reason.

Here some of the stuff I've found

SOURCES += src/qt/torrent/torrentmodel.cpp \
             src/qt/torrent/shutdownconfirm.cpp
}
} #torrent_enable

Anyway, I might be wrong but this looks very legit to me, but I still don't know why dev would remove all of the torrent related stuff in this released.

Hello,

Good job in digging in our mess Cheesy

We have decided to remove all the torrent related stuff on the first release since it was still in a very early development stage, and as we stated in the first post that currently only download function is available making it pretty much gimmick. We will release it when its ready.

Oh you're right, my mistake I thought that was a recent post.

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
OrsonJ

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2016, 09:23:52 PM

Shocked

Until the new wallet gets released with torrents implemented no one is going to buy (only gamblers), the rest are cautiously waiting in the wings, when it does get released expect a massive move in price.

It's frustrating trying to get concrete information on this project. Even this video that's just surfaced could quite easily just be the SDC wallet rebranded and with a couple of renamed tabs for show. I suppose we'll know for sure when the update comes. Lol, I guess I don't need to tell you guys this though after you've been living with this kind of frustration for almost two whole years.  Cheesy

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 09:30:24 PM

Shocked

It's frustrating trying to get concrete information on this project. Even this video that's just surfaced could quite easily just be the SDC wallet rebranded and with a couple of renamed tabs for show. I suppose we'll know for sure when the update comes.

The wallet is from SDC, but it's an SPV and seems to be syncing VTR blockchain.

It's Sunday, let's see what the roadmap is like.
OrsonJ

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2016, 09:31:30 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2016, 09:44:37 PM by OrsonJ

Shocked

It's frustrating trying to get concrete information on this project. Even this video that's just surfaced could quite easily just be the SDC wallet rebranded and with a couple of renamed tabs for show. I suppose we'll know for sure when the update comes.

SDC's wallet has SPV built in, that's what I mean. But yeah I'm eager to see what comes on Sunday. For me, investing anything substantial at this point would be a gamble like the man said.

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 09:46:12 PM

Shocked

It's frustrating trying to get concrete information on this project. Even this video that's just surfaced could quite easily just be the SDC wallet rebranded and with a couple of renamed tabs for show. I suppose we'll know for sure when the update comes. Lol, I guess I don't need to tell you guys this though after you've been living with this kind of frustration for almost two whole years.  Cheesy

I know very frustrating at times, especially when your left holding the bag, many times I thought about dumping and walking away. Hopefully it will pay off soon.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

NextTrade

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 12:24:22 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2016, 12:34:28 AM by NextTrade

Shocked

SDC's wallet has SPV built in, that's what I mean. But yeah I'm eager to see what comes on Sunday. For me, investing anything substantial at this point would be a gamble like the man said.

You are right about SDC has SPV build in.... but I've checked everywhere and I have never seen one coin with wallet running on iPad even SDC itself!

So it is clear that our dev is skills and not just someone with ability to copy and paste.... just saying
darkagentx

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 03:12:51 AM

Is there any ETA for the new wallet release?

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 05:18:05 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2016, 06:38:20 PM by leigh2k14

Rightscorp win a court case against US ISP, for allowing users to download copyrighted content, this sets a dangerous president.

https://torrentfreak.com/rightscorp-threatens-every-isp-united-states-160812/

Little do Rightscorp, the MPAA or any other of  these organisations know they are all about to get fucked deep in the ass with a 12 inch black strap on called "vTorrent".

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 06:45:30 AM

VTR would be worth much more if it competed with Netflix. What's the point of an economic incentive built in if everyone can't earn something out of it, including rights holders?

Just imagine Disney promoting VTR. Just imagine James bond being officially released through VTR. Just imagine game of thrones back episodes being released through VTR.
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 04:03:08 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2016, 05:50:26 PM by leigh2k14

Dev said that he was going to have to hard fork the coin for the new release some pages back, so Bittrex would have to close the wallet too.

Anyone know what time zone dev is on?

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 07:47:35 PM

No. But he did say "next Sunday". I don't know if that meant this Sunday right now (which would've technically been "the coming Sunday") or the Sunday next week.

Beats me.
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 07:54:06 PM

No. But he did say "next Sunday". I don't know if that meant this Sunday right now (which would've technically been "the coming Sunday") or the Sunday next week.

Beats me.
I assumed next Sunday is the coming Sunday.

The day is not over yet, I'm on UK time, dev could be on US time?

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

OrsonJ

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2016, 09:00:29 PM

Beats me.
I assumed next Sunday is the coming Sunday.

The day is not over yet, I'm on UK time, dev could be on US time?

Lol, well he's been online at least once today, how hard would it have been for him to clear up any confusion if it isn't being released today?

Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: