Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:57:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436013 times)
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 10:12:52 AM

Where can I find the 2FA settings in the wallet?

On the password section.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 10:15:40 AM

Where can I find the 2FA settings in the wallet?

On the password section.

Thank you. It's not there if you build it from the source code but I see it in Windows version now.

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 10:24:13 AM

First off the new wallet is pretty slick with some nice features, but over all I'm disappointed that no torrent features were released today, as I was expecting:( This is why I sold half of my coins today, I will keep 200k as this is still has potential.

Having to wait until at least the new year for the hard forks, so we can finally get torrents implemented also sucks.

That being said, the Dev has finally made some progress and actually released something Smiley

As for the price, who knows what will happen over the coming weeks or months, I would also like to add that this project does not look like so much of a gamble now.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 10:37:16 AM

First off the new wallet is pretty slick with some nice features, but over all I'm disappointed that no torrent features were released today, as I was expecting:( This is why I sold half of my coins today, I will keep 200k as this is still has potential.

Having to wait until at least the new year for the hard forks, so we can finally get torrents implemented also sucks.

That being said, the Dev has finally made some progress and actually released something Smiley

As for the price, who knows what will happen over the coming weeks or months, I would also like to add that this project does not look like so much of a gamble now.

I bet the dev is waiting for kimdotcom on 2017 for something big to happen. This will go hand in hand with megaupload 2.0 Wink
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 10:40:05 AM

You've completely discounted how difficult 2fa is to build and what positive contributions this will make to crypto. Even if it's got bugs. Its great progress. All the fuckers out there that use exploits like teamviewer to login and steal peoples coins, in-wallet 2fa will make it harder to steal coins.  I know people that have lost thousands to these fuckers.

This is a huge contributions to crypto by the VTorrent dev(s). Thanks!

If the dev(s) can do that, torrent functionality is within their capabilities. You should buy back all those coins you sold and just accept the hit on the mistake you made. I told you to ice your wallet and go out for a walk for about a year. lol.
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 10:43:53 AM

As someone who only recently became familiar with the project I had a similar reaction to the release. It's SDC's wallet with a couple of additions (Bittrex trading, which the old version had anyway, and 2FA, which I'm pretty sure Google makes easy enough for developers to implement). No torrent features after nearly two years of development is pretty disappointing and again there's nothing here to show that the developer is capable enough of producing original code that would overcome the technical challenges involved. Good luck to the hardcore believers, but I've seen enough for now.

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 10:56:45 AM

Can anyone tell me how one can enable the trading bot functions on the wallet? And those little goodies like notifications?
If anyone here on this thread is a developer, maybe he can provide more feedback on the latest update on the wallet? Simple folks like me cannot easily understand those things which were just recently added on the wallet and what are the possible uses they can be right now or in the future updates. Smiley
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 11:10:49 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2016, 11:29:01 AM by spartak_t

As someone who only recently became familiar with the project I had a similar reaction to the release. It's SDC's wallet with a couple of additions (Bittrex trading, which the old version had anyway, and 2FA, which I'm pretty sure Google makes easy enough for developers to implement). No torrent features after nearly two years of development is pretty disappointing and again there's nothing here to show that the developer is capable enough of producing original code that would overcome the technical challenges involved. Good luck to the hardcore believers, but I've seen enough for now.

That's not entirely true. I am part of a team with 12 members and we are developing a cryptocurrency since April, 2014. I can tell you that it is extremely hard to work without significant funds (like they are doing with the scammy ICO's) and I can tell that the case with vTorrent is probably pretty much the same. The developer has a personal life and he is probably working on VTR in his free time. I've had used a 420MH scrypt asics since May, 2014 until early 2016 and I was mining vTorrent for quite some time. But unfortunately I wasn't that patient and I was forced to sell my entire holdings at some point.

I'm not sure if I have to disclose this, but I know the developer who helped with vTorrent's 2FA and I can vouch for him! Can't say if its hard to implement, because I'm not a coder, but I can tell you that the guy is very very good! I'm sure that the VTR's dev has some skills too.

P.S. Keep in mind that I own 0 VTR and the guy who helped with 2FA didn't gave me any "inside information"!
P.S.2. The reason for sharing that with you is because I know how hard it is to work like the VTR developer is working and we should all support the valid projects. Its hard, it may cause you money and nerves, but nobody said it would be easy...

Cheers,
Spartak

NextTrade

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 11:25:49 AM

if implementing 2fa is that easy as you say then how come even coins with millions market cap with well funded dev still couldn't figure it out?!
ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 12:27:30 PM

The point about torrent features still not being here is valid.

But by the same token there is no point in releasing anything torrent related until its completely solid.
It'll get ripped off an put into a thousand coins within 10 minutes.

It's also imaginably a difficult thing to develop because of the fake seed ratios etc.

Lets hope we see something of it soon!
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 01:06:50 PM

The point about torrent features still not being here is valid.

But by the same token there is no point in releasing anything torrent related until its completely solid.
It'll get ripped off an put into a thousand coins within 10 minutes.

It's also imaginably a difficult thing to develop because of the fake seed ratios etc.

Lets hope we see something of it soon!

If it's already in progress

About the torrent implementation, currently uploading and seed ratio to generation of TOKEN (which is interchangeable to VTR in client) by seeding algorithm is already implemented but we are now in the process of implementing an anti-cheat system in our BitTorrent Engine as there are many known ways for users to spoofs their upload and cheat their share ratio with tools such as Tracker-Pro, RadioMaster, mRatio and GreedyTorrent which acts as a proxy between client and tracker.

If users are able to cheat their seed ratio, our whole system would then be corrupted.

Regards,

vTorrent

Then a video is all that's needed for the next few months.  That will enable people to judge the value of this project in terms of its stated goals.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 06:33:00 PM

Seems like I'm doing more than my fair share of posting.

I've spent a few hours reading over the related history and I'm more convinced by this project than at any time over the past 18 months.

I think the dev is actually devs, plural. Not sure if we've got payments going around or just huge stakes built up over time. If it's the latter, I'm going to do what I can to make them filthy rich.

We've had a pretty decent update, but the OP pics are still the old ones and the Twitter feed is still out of date by over a year.

My best guess is that these guys want the project to do well, but are mostly concerned by the detail. Well that's just fine with me. Stick to whatever you're good at.

So we need to do some promotion work now we're not that far off. Unless I've misread some of the dev updates, it sounds like we're into a countdown phase for go-live: two pre-defined hard forks?

It's also worth noting devs have a decent Chinese speaker. That will come in handy for translations.

If you were hoping for some time to do slow accumulation, sorry bud. You had since December 2014.
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 06:46:00 PM

Then a video is all that's needed for the next few months.  That will enable people to judge the value of this project in terms of its stated goals.

From the other hand, why the Dev should release this video? He obviously is not interested in pumping the coin value, or promoting it in any way, until he has everything working. I would even suppse the low value is preferable for him, as it allows to accumulate cheap coins, getting ready for the moment when things are really ready.

Saying all that, I would like to add that I still (as always) am pretty much confident in this Dev's abilities. Even his lack of communication skills (close to "autism", as someone noted here Smiley ) is a sign of competence in my personal view. The main question to me is - whether he is working alone (maybe with few temporarily hired devs), or as a permanent team... The implementation of torrents on a blockchain is a huge task, and I rally doubt even highest skilled developer could implement it alone, without at least consulting and discussing it with other smart people...

... this space is not for rent ...
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 06:59:08 PM

Stick to whatever you're good at. So we need to do some promotion work now we're not that far off.

Now you are starting to THINK. Smiley All I've read so far (since I'm not following the thread for quite some time) is "The dev is online", "When we can expect updates?", "Which Sunday?". Remember that buying a coin doesn't necessarily mean you are supporting it. This is not the way to build a community. I'm not gonna try acting like an expert or something, but believe me, developers SUCK at this (marketing) and more over - its not their job.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 07:06:56 PM

Stick to whatever you're good at. So we need to do some promotion work now we're not that far off.

Now you are starting to THINK. Smiley All I've read so far (since I'm not following the thread for quite some time) is "The dev is online", "When we can expect updates?", "Which Sunday?". Remember that buying a coin doesn't necessarily mean you are supporting it. This is not the way to build a community. I'm not gonna try acting like an expert or something, but believe me, developers SUCK at this (marketing) and more over - its not their job.

It was your post about the 2fa contribution that got me wondering about the likelihood of there being more than one dev. Cheers for that, it helped to connect a few dots.
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 07:19:12 PM

It was your post about the 2fa contribution that got me wondering about the likelihood of there being more than one dev. Cheers for that, it helped to connect a few dots.

Would you like me to give you some other hints? The dev who worked on 2FA with vTorrent has been developing it (not specifically for VTR) since February, 2014. He also have helped to a lot of coders (personally I know about at least 4-5) in here and I also have him arranged conversations with other developers (there was even one Bitcoin core dev). He's GOOD.... VERY good...

Can't say anything about VTR dev and if he's legit or not, but I think that the guy did nothing wrong so far. You'd better start building your community and let him "stick to whatever he's good at". Smiley

Good luck,
Spartak

drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 07:50:07 PM

Would you like me to give you some other hints? The dev who worked on 2FA with vTorrent has been developing it (not specifically for VTR) since February, 2014. He also have helped to a lot of coders (personally I know about at least 4-5) in here and I also have him arranged conversations with other developers (there was even one Bitcoin core dev). He's GOOD.... VERY good...

Can't say anything about VTR dev and if he's legit or not, but I think that the guy did nothing wrong so far. You'd better start building your community and let him "stick to whatever he's good at". Smiley

Good luck,
Spartak

I think I know which Dev you are talking about, Spartak Smiley. Yes, as far as I know he is really good one.

But the main question (as to me) remains - do they work as a permanent team, or the dev you speak about, is just helping the vTorrent dev from time to time? I am confident in vTorrent dev, but if he mostly works alone, I am not so sure this huge task will be successfully fulfilled in reasonable time...

... this space is not for rent ...
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 07:58:54 PM

Good luck,
Spartak

I worked it out earlier. Makes no odds. Team work is team work. The guy making the coffee is just as important to contributing to the team effort as the next guy in the team.

I already helped get the fisrt article in Cointelegraph published. Just need the dev to throw some more scraps of info and we can get more articles done, twitter tweeting and trolboxes trolling.

Getting a version of VTR onto download.com will help a lot with promotion. But it can wait a while.

spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 08:03:38 PM

Good luck,
Spartak
I think I know which Dev you are talking about, Spartak Smiley. Yes, as far as I know he is really good one. But the main question (as to me) remains - do they work as a permanent team, or the dev you speak about, is just helping the vTorrent dev from time to time?

I really can't say. Not because I don't want to, but because I don't know. These things could be treated as an "inside information" and this is something I don't want to be associated with... even if it is a coin on which I'm working.

I worked it out earlier. Makes no odds. Team work is team work. The guy making the coffee is just as important to contributing to the team effort as the next guy in the team.

I already helped get the fisrt article in Cointelegraph published. Just need the dev to throw some more scraps of info and we can get more articles done, twitter tweeting and trolboxes trolling.

Getting a version of VTR onto download.com will help a lot with promotion. But it can wait a while.

Then it looks like you can contact the dev and offer your help. Wink

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 11:36:11 PM

@Dev

It will take a while to get listed on Polo.

I've been told it's better if you apply:

https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

Once you do that, we can follow-up elsewhere.

If you need some help with the wording on some of the fields, please PM.
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: