Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:33:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Halcyon v1.1.1.0 ~ NeoScrypt PoW and up to 100% PoS  (Read 73200 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Mario241077
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

ORB has a good chance to grow.

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 04:31:48 AM

Believe what the other? is the chance better in ORB or in HAL where nobody does anything! I seem to be the only one Miner in HAL!
any pools available? or are you solo from wallet?

here is the pool

http://hal.dnb.io/

Are you a part of the ORB Community or want to be it, then gives your vote! here!! One of the first 30 currencys in the World is Orbitcoin DEV Forum - don't forget free ORB's are here ORB Faucet, tell your friend's - With PoW (without Asic's)/PoS Hybrid-System everyone can mine ORB with general purpose pc-hardware. The PoS (Proof of Stake) generation features very low energy consumption. Green Stake over PoS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mario241077
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 04:35:46 AM

How can you remove orphans from the transaction log?

In the newest paycon wallet there is a button in the meny: tools -> repair wallet, that removes them. But the repair wallet command don't remove orphans in halcyon.

Any estimates on what the annual POS rate actually is now?

In my last 50 blocks 77% have been capped at 5 coins.

wait for update, ghost the dev, has this feature in ORB since 12/2014 too, so i believe
He will also integrate this here

Are you a part of the ORB Community or want to be it, then gives your vote! here!! One of the first 30 currencys in the World is Orbitcoin DEV Forum - don't forget free ORB's are here ORB Faucet, tell your friend's - With PoW (without Asic's)/PoS Hybrid-System everyone can mine ORB with general purpose pc-hardware. The PoS (Proof of Stake) generation features very low energy consumption. Green Stake over PoS
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020

No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 05:32:32 AM

In the newest paycon wallet there is a button in the meny: tools -> repair wallet, that removes them. But the repair wallet command don't remove orphans in halcyon.

If you restart the wallet, your orphans will be hidden. I'll put the manual repair option in the next release.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
Mario241077
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 05:37:52 AM

If you restart the wallet, your orphans will be hidden. I'll put the manual repair option in the next release.

nope Wink

after restart now

Mario241077
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 05:42:53 AM

the problem off this wallet is,

sometime, will staked block no longer transmitted to the network, even though I have permante nodes!

This happens by accident, sometimes it works without error 24 and sometimes I have to restart every few hours

they do not transfer block, remain in your wallet as an orphan.

Orphan blocks which have been repudiated by the network, they disappear after restart

ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 06:02:29 AM

nope Wink

after restart now

Alright, I'll fix it, too.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 06:32:09 PM

Do anyone got an estimate on what the annual POS rate is now?

And what is the optimal block size?
Mario241077
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 06:54:45 PM

POS rate still 200%

100 HAL is a good input

shtako

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 06:59:20 PM

POS rate still 200%

100 HAL is a good input

Its not 200% when most blocks get capped at 5 coins.
griffen1102

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 01:27:23 PM

POS rate still 200%

100 HAL is a good input

My understanding is it is 200% interest up to a certain amount, which is 5 HAL. In order to optimize your staking you should be staking different sets of 100 HAL. So if you have 1000 HAL set it to stake sets of 100 HAL 10 times because 100 HAL inputs will give you 5 HAL interest the most amount of times.
griffen1102

Activity: 229

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 01:46:00 PM

It's also crazy how little resistance HAL has to more value. It doesn't even take an entire 1 BTC to make the market go x4 and I remember when we were listed on Bittrex that the resistance to 10k sats was also incredibly low.

Mario241077
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 05:24:39 PM

POS rate still 200%

100 HAL is a good input

My understanding is it is 200% interest up to a certain amount, which is 5 HAL. In order to optimize your staking you should be staking different sets of 100 HAL. So if you have 1000 HAL set it to stake sets of 100 HAL 10 times because 100 HAL inputs will give you 5 HAL interest the most amount of times.

if you get staked 100 HAL = 20x 100 HAL input staked, so it will stake again, and again and again...

What is the min input for stake??? Ghost? 

shtako

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 06:54:54 PM

I split the coins in blocks of 200. When they stake, sometimes they get split into two blocks of 102,5 (or 101,6486168 if it dont hit stake cap).  But sometimes they don't split and i get blocks of 205 coins. Why is this?

Is 100 the optimal block size now as griffen1102 suggest?

Blocks around 100 never splits btw.

shtako

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 02:42:29 PM

I thought a bit more about the real POS rate.

Total coin supply is now: 2.330.801

Maximum POS coins created in 1 year: 1.051.200
(60/2,5)*24*365*5=

Potential maximum pos % : 45,1%

But the average pos block reward is less then 5 coins and this brings the true pos rate even lower. If we do the same calculation with an avarage block reward of 4 coins instead of 5 ( this is probably more accurate), the yearly POS is only 36%.

To sum up:

It is really misleading to call this a coin with 200% pos when the actual pos return is around 36%. Of course, if you catch a block below 5 coins and you do this every time, you will get 200%, but that is not possible. On the other hand. Many people don't mint at all, so the actual POS rate for those who actually mint is much higher then 36%.

I would vote for a block size increase to meet the average pos reward of 200%. High pos coins are really popular now, and the coin supply is low. This would bring more interest and higher coins supply at the exchange.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 03:09:40 PM

(60/2,5)*24*365*5=

But the average pos block reward is less then 5 coins and this brings the true pos rate even lower. If we do the same calculation with an avarage block reward of 4 coins instead of 5 ( this is probably more accurate), the yearly POS is only 36%.

To sum up:

It is really misleading to call this a coin with 200% pos when the actual pos return is around 36%. Of course, if you catch a block below 5 coins and you do this every time, you will get 200%, but that is not possible. On the other hand. Many people don't mint at all, so the actual POS rate for those who actually mint is much higher then 36%.

I would vote for a block size increase to meet the average pos reward of 200%. High pos coins are really popular now, and the coin supply is low. This would bring more interest and higher coins supply at the exchange.

And wouldn't that be a scam, in fact? Because if you go for what is popular -but unsustainable-, that's the anatomy of a scam, isn't it? Any and all treatments in economy that I have read, point out to the fact that any currency, crypto or otherwise, with a rate of inflation beyond 2-3% is actually  non viable. The whole crypto movement is, in big part, an answer to the depreciation of FIAT which has lost 96% of it's value in the last 100 or so years. And it's average of inflation has been quite low, in fact (that's why it has taken so long to lose value).

So yes, high (or hyper, as they are called) POS coins are popular right now. But they are all scams. All. Non-viable vehicles created with the sole purpose of getting money from the greedy "investors" blinded by the high staking... while the right people dump on them "responsibly" (what a term, ah?). Is that what you want this project to be? At this stage, it may very well be a scam worth trying to make some money out of an investment obviously gone bad, but "we" don't want to be scammers outright, do we?
dickwhite

Activity: 225

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 03:34:09 PM

I can't agree. More coins just means lower value.
Look at PHS. 50% POS, valuable and enduring.
With it's fundamentals, this coin should be worth a lot more than it is. Something like ORB. I've bought a bunch of HAL and I'm sure it will reward me. All it needs is some advertising. And maybe change the OP to "up to 200%".
Coins that tend to survive are honest, stable, and have dedicated devs and communities. Changing protocol willy-nilly will only chase away serious investors. JMHO.
shtako

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 03:37:23 PM

(60/2,5)*24*365*5=

To sum up:

And wouldn't that be a scam, in fact? Because if you go for what is popular -but unsustainable-, that's the anatomy of a scam, isn't it? Any and all treatments in economy that I have read, point out to the fact that any currency, crypto or otherwise, with a rate of inflation beyond 2-3% is actually  non viable. The whole crypto movement is, in big part, an answer to the depreciation of FIAT which has lost 96% of it's value in the last 100 or so years. And it's average of inflation has been quite low, in fact (that's why it has taken so long to lose value).

So yes, high (or hyper, as they are called) POS coins are popular right now. But they are all scams. All. Non-viable vehicles created with the sole purpose of getting money from the greedy "investors" blinded by the high staking... while the right people dump on them "responsibly" (what a term, ah?). Is that what you want this project to be? At this stage, it may very well be a scam worth trying to make some money out of an investment obviously gone bad, but "we" don't want to be scammers outright, do we?

I really don't understand what you are trying to say. The inflation % (in a POS only coin) dont really matter. If it is 2%, 36% or 200% and you own 1% of the supply, you will have that same 1% of the supply as long as you help secure the network.

If the coin was to become a common means of exchange, it would have been optimal with a fixed price pegged to a fiat currency, and the inflation would then have to be the same as the fiat currency. But on the other hand, bitcoin is a great mean of exchange without a pegged price thanks to the payment processors.

I don't know what you define as a scam. I look at most coins as pure scams. But changing the pos percentage would not make this any more or any less of a scam, since it would not benefit some on the cost of others. All would keep their share, and that share would not change no matter what the pos percentage is.

The goal should be to improve the hashrate, both pos and pow, to improve the security of the blockchain. Higher demand for the coin and higher price, whatever comes first, would achive that.
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 12:47:22 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2015, 01:00:59 AM by ghostlander

POS rate still 200%

100 HAL is a good input

if you get staked 100 HAL = 20x 100 HAL input staked, so it will stake again, and again and again...

What is the min input for stake??? Ghost?  

There is no minimum. However smaller inputs are more likely to get stuck without staking due to a 7.5 day age limit.

To sum up:

The reward rate will decrease to 100% as scheduled by block #420K which comes in 5 months or so. It will stay at this nominal rate forever. The actual reward may be lower depending on difficulty and luck. It's a fair play.

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 01:37:38 AM

(60/2,5)*24*365*5=

To sum up:

I really don't understand what you are trying to say. The inflation % (in a POS only coin) dont really matter. If it is 2%, 36% or 200% and you own 1% of the supply, you will have that same 1% of the supply as long as you help secure the network.

If the coin was to become a common means of exchange, it would have been optimal with a fixed price pegged to a fiat currency, and the inflation would then have to be the same as the fiat currency. But on the other hand, bitcoin is a great mean of exchange without a pegged price thanks to the payment processors.

I don't know what you define as a scam. I look at most coins as pure scams. But changing the pos percentage would not make this any more or any less of a scam, since it would not benefit some on the cost of others. All would keep their share, and that share would not change no matter what the pos percentage is.

The goal should be to improve the hashrate, both pos and pow, to improve the security of the blockchain. Higher demand for the coin and higher price, whatever comes first, would achive that.

We may have a communication problem because I don't understand you either and what I do understand, doesn't make sense, to me, at all. Lets see: Phantom owns at least 70% of the total coins currently in circulation -I'm sure quite a bit more than that since he stated that a long time ago and he for sure has been staking tens of thousands of coins-. Who do you think stakes -and would stake- the vast majority of coins if your suggestion was to be accepted? See, the ONLY reason why not a single coin that is overtaken by a community has been or will ever be successful, is that the only reason for the "take over" y to try and protect the interests of those bagholders who own the majority of the coin. So, in fact, every attempted "revival" of a coin is, in fact, the launching of a new coin... only with massive pre-mine. Except that that pre-mine is called "big bagholders" but it amounts to the same thing. A project without more or less KNOWN fair distribution, cannot possibly be actually successful -the incredible NEXT being the exception, and only partially so since, given the qualities and potential of the project, it should be worth 10 times more, at least, that its current market cap and the only thing impeding it is that "distribution problem" that it has.

No one with a minimum common sense will ever buy this coin, no matter how big or small the staking or the mining. With only a 10% of his holdings, Phantom could manipulate it to have a price near zero, imagine if it would reach a decent enough price, what he could do at will with it. People has learned no not put any money in project where they could lose it all at the whim of one of a few owners. That's why take-overs are never successful. And that's why this project, otherwise technically as viable as many other with a much higher market cap, will continue going to the ground inevitably.
shtako

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 10:30:06 AM

We may have a communication problem because I don't understand you either and what I do understand, doesn't make sense, to me, at all. Lets see: Phantom owns at least 70% of the total coins currently in circulation -I'm sure quite a bit more than that since he stated that a long time ago and he for sure has been staking tens of thousands of coins-. Who do you think stakes -and would stake- the vast majority of coins if your suggestion was to be accepted? See, the ONLY reason why not a single coin that is overtaken by a community has been or will ever be successful, is that the only reason for the "take over" y to try and protect the interests of those bagholders who own the majority of the coin. So, in fact, every attempted "revival" of a coin is, in fact, the launching of a new coin... only with massive pre-mine. Except that that pre-mine is called "big bagholders" but it amounts to the same thing. A project without more or less KNOWN fair distribution, cannot possibly be actually successful -the incredible NEXT being the exception, and only partially so since, given the qualities and potential of the project, it should be worth 10 times more, at least, that its current market cap and the only thing impeding it is that "distribution problem" that it has.

No one with a minimum common sense will ever buy this coin, no matter how big or small the staking or the mining. With only a 10% of his holdings, Phantom could manipulate it to have a price near zero, imagine if it would reach a decent enough price, what he could do at will with it. People has learned no not put any money in project where they could lose it all at the whim of one of a few owners. That's why take-overs are never successful. And that's why this project, otherwise technically as viable as many other with a much higher market cap, will continue going to the ground inevitably.

I agree in everything you say, but a higher pos % would not really change much. A higher pos % would lead to more coins on the exchange and in the long run a better distribution. But if phantom owns more then 50% of the supply, this coin is doomed to fail no matter what, unless he spread  the "wealth" and reduces his holdings. Selling cheap (sell walls at market price), giving awy bounties etc.

Halcyons market cap is now $4908. But the real value of halcyon is much lower and equal to the combined buy orders. Halcyons true value is at this time is 0,3325 btc, or $93,1.

One more point when you talk about unfair distributions. One of the worst distributed coins ever, dashcoin, is nr. 4 on coinmarketcap. Dashcoin was extremly instamined, and right after the instamine the block rewards and total coins was reduced dramatically. They have even changed the name of the coin 3 times and people still buy into that scam. Everything is apparantly possible. Smiley 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: