Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 03:01:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH  (Read 450941 times)
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:17:03 PM

Isn't DiffS the stale shares?
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 06:22:06 PM

I struggled to find anywhere where it was actually spelt out. The closest I found was in the cgminer dossier. There is already a stale column, so if DiffS was just difficulty adjusted stale it would be a basic calculation. And so it would seem weird that it was broken.

Each column is as follows:
A:  The total difficulty of Accepted shares
R:  The total difficulty of Rejected shares
HW:  The number of HardWare errors
WU:  The Work Utility defined as the number of diff1 shares work / minute
     (accepted or rejected).

alternating with:
 ST: 22  SS: 0  NB: 2  LW: 356090  GF: 0  RF: 0

ST is STaged work items (ready to use).
SS is Stale Shares discarded (detected and not submitted so don't count as rejects)
NB is New Blocks detected on the network
LW is Locally generated Work items
GF is Getwork Fail Occasions (server slow to provide work)
RF is Remote Fail occasions (server slow to accept work)

coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:24:07 PM

What is the average shipping/delivery time for these units?

3 days to Canada - hard to believe. Very impressed. Used UPS and it cost me ~$75.00 but worth it IMO.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:31:10 PM

I struggled to find anywhere where it was actually spelt out. The closest I found was in the cgminer dossier. There is already a stale column, so if DiffS was just difficulty adjusted stale it would be a basic calculation. And so it would seem weird that it was broken.

Each column is as follows:
A:  The total difficulty of Accepted shares
R:  The total difficulty of Rejected shares
HW:  The number of HardWare errors
WU:  The Work Utility defined as the number of diff1 shares work / minute
     (accepted or rejected).

alternating with:
 ST: 22  SS: 0  NB: 2  LW: 356090  GF: 0  RF: 0

ST is STaged work items (ready to use).
SS is Stale Shares discarded (detected and not submitted so don't count as rejects)
NB is New Blocks detected on the network
LW is Locally generated Work items
GF is Getwork Fail Occasions (server slow to provide work)
RF is Remote Fail occasions (server slow to accept work)
Just look at the S1.
Pool   URL   User   Status   Priority   GetWorks   Accepted   Rejected   Discarded   Stale   Diff   Diff1#   DiffA#   DiffR#   DiffS#   LSDiff   LSTime
It lists A, R, S, and then DiffA, DiffR and DiffS
It's been broken since the S1 days though, I've never seen a stale share on an S1.
*Edit: Nevermind, I looked through mine and I found one that had some stale shares on the backup pool. DiffS was still 0 though.
KeezAZA

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:39:32 PM

3 days to Canada - hard to believe. Very impressed. Used UPS and it cost me ~$75.00 but worth it IMO.

I went with the EMS option. I guess mine might take the full 11-12 days.  Undecided
Holding thumbs there are no issues with the delivery.
Thanks

Dr.Miner

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:47:38 PM

let us know what we can do
What can be the problem?Overheat?PSU?
A have a coolermaster V700.
So i'm thinking about the pool, but seems fine.

Well, if it's beeping, it's getting power...

You might have a bad Ethernet cable or connector.
When it does run, you should be able to see the temps on the interface. anything under 60 Celsius is good.

Finnaly!!! Yesterday I've got 24 hours running.Yes my network cable wich comes with the router is messed up,so cheap one.
I have only one fancy cisco cable but thats for the internet modem.
About the PSU: 700W coolermaster V700 modell is fine with 2 cable,cables are warm close the psu then they  cooling down to nothing.
They warm around half an inch at the modular part.
No burning garage.And buy fancy lan cables.
cheers

ad3000

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 08:07:13 PM

Couple notes:
Over 30 units, batch2-4, they seem stable with the jan 7 firmware. Prior to the Jan 7 firmware, we had them dropping a board randomly cutting hashing power in half.
Consistency is pretty decent, although we have 1 unit with an over 10*C spread between the two boards.

Noise is pretty bad. I was looking to run one at home (for heat) but it's quite loud (as everyone else has observed). Has someone actually enclosed the unit (I believe someone mentioned saran wrap earlier) and recorded any results? I'm just not sure it's worth the hassle of replacing the fans for a few decibels quieter noise, especially for the increased cable mess, etc. I wish the firmware gave the option to set fan speed manually, or target temperature. Even at below 50*C it's quite loud, and doesn't seem to reduce the fan speed that much at all.
IITravel01

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 08:09:06 PM

Someone else posted this before, but thought I would repost this idea as I received one and tested it for a short time on the fan that comes with the S5 (it's removed from the S5 so I hooked it up directly to a power supply).  This might be the easiest and cheap solution for the noisy fan (warning that the controller device gets hot).  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004LL8KF6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  You can set the desired speed of the fan with the switch on VR and then set the switch to PWM to let it be controlled by the miner.  This makes it easy, so when you're home and want the S5 fan quieter, you put it on VR and the green light comes on, or when you want to set the fan to S5 controller (faster and louder) you can switch to PWM and the red light comes on.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 09:58:33 PM

I was looking to run one at home (for heat) but it's quite loud (as everyone else has observed). Has someone actually enclosed the unit (I believe someone mentioned saran wrap earlier) and recorded any results?

It involves taping the heatsink closed [top or top + bottom] and drops about 2C off the temps. Not enough to budge the fan's speed though.

ATCkit

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 11:10:14 PM

Yup same here...and it spent as much air travel time in US as it did traveling within Canuckistan. It was a day faster than previous shipments from Bitmain.

Question about antMiner temperatures:

How hot is too hot for an S3 or S5? I freak and open more windows if any of mine get over 40 C. (My S5 is flirting with 46 C right now as it is warmer outside tonight -ie: -6 C). Anyway, I see others mentioning 50 - 60 C and they seem unworried about it. Is it safe to assume < 60 is ok?

EDIT: Yes i did GPU mine back in the day. I was happy to keep them under 75 C....and started turning down the clock if they got over 80.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 12:15:47 AM

Is it safe to assume < 60 is ok?

tldr, yes.

TrevorS

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 12:46:36 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2015, 04:36:35 AM by TrevorS

I Monday received shipment confirmation of two S5 from Bitmain and Tuesday verified they've completed sort in Shenzen for EMS shipment to me on the US East Coast.  Current plan is to replace the fan with S3 push/pull, modest underclock, construct a metal cover for the top, and use a single Corsair MX750M (560W S5 spec, dual PCI-E and dual Molex-PCI-E cables and underclock being key).  Am I overlooking anything that I shouldn't?
No, you are good to go. The psu for single S5 right?
Yes indeed, currently using one CX750M per S3, and want to continue in that vane, but don't want to risk the PSU.  Noise is an issue and my impression is that Push/Pull fans alone may not be enough, hence a mild underclock!
Received the two S5 this afternoon (batch  4), definitely a quick shipment (thanks Bitmain and the Postal Service).  I replaced the single push fans with S3 push/pull pairs using 6" 4pin PWM adapter cables and brought them up one at a time. Doesn't appear there's a need for a top cover since the pull fan grabs virtually all the push flow, very little escapes via the top.

The file system installed is the latest (Wed Jan 7 14:05:02 CST 2015), but CGminer is still 4.8.0.  The units are on a free standing shelf about 37" high with the back-to-back CX750M power supplies sandwiched between them.  I set the clocks to 312.5MHz and one S5 reported board temps of 51/50 (fans 2640/2640), the other 53/48 (fans 2640/2760).  The average hash rates report as ~1,020GH/s.  Sent an email to EastHash to see if they might have an S5 compatible CGminer 4.7.0 in the works.

I haven't tried the 4.9.0 CGminer yet, but if the miners remain stable, I'll give it a whirl.  They've been running roughly five hours now.

PS.  Am also giving 306.25MHz a try (maybe also 300MHz), would like to get closer to 1TH/s, hopefully a good round PSU conserving number.  Smiley

PPS.  Room temp is roughly 65F estimated via laser gun thermometer.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 8997

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 02:03:51 AM

Received the two S5 this afternoon (batch  4), definitely a quick shipment (thanks Bitmain and the Postal Service).  I replaced the single push fans with S3 push/pull pairs using 6" 4pin PWM adapters and brought them up one at a time. Doesn't appear there's a need for a top cover since the pull fan grabs virtually all the push flow, very little escapes via the top.

The file system installed is the latest (Wed Jan 7 14:05:02 CST 2015), but CGminer is still 4.8.0.  The units are on a free standing shelf about 37" high with the back-to-back CX750M power supplies sandwiched between them.  I set the clocks to 312.5MHz and one S5 reported board temps of 51/50 (fans 2640/2640), the other 53/48 (fans 2640/2760).  The average hash rates report as ~1,020GH/s.  Sent an email to EastHash to see if they might have an S5 compatible CGminer 4.7.0 in the works.

I haven't tried the 4.9.0 CGminer yet, but if the miners remain stable, I'll give it a whirl.  They've been running roughly five hours now.

PS.  Am also giving 306.25MHz a try (maybe also 300MHz), would like to get closer to 1TH/s, hopefully a good round PSU conserving number.  Smiley

PPS.  Room temp is roughly 65F estimated via laser gun thermometer.

Why do you want to lower the hashrate? There are no efficiency gains that way, same ~0.55W per GH/s or whatever it is.
valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 02:12:00 AM

Hey

I wanted to try to put 2 S1 fan on a push pull setup on my S5 but the cable are way to small.

Anyone know where I can find a 4 pin to 4 pin extender.  Tongue

Thanks Bitmain S5 is awesome. Except for the noise!  Grin

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
TrevorS

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:01:55 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2015, 03:37:01 AM by TrevorS

Why do you want to lower the hashrate? There are no efficiency gains that way, same ~0.55W per GH/s or whatever it is.
Three reasons:
1) Heat is a real problem and I need to reasonably minimize it.  The S3 tends to stay under 50C all year 'round, but that's clearly not the case for the S5, which apparently easily lifts above 70.  Come summer, I can always paddle around in my underwear, but that doesn't help with cooling the S5.

2) Noise is a real problem and I need to reasonably minimize it.  The S3 push/pull fans help tremendously, but they still sound much more earnest than the S3's sharing the same room.  (Near 2:1 fan speed and over 10C difference.)

3) According to "BitmainWarranty", they experienced reliability issues after a few weeks of running the S5 with the Corsair CX750M.  I want to ease the load and re-use the PSUs I already own (previously powered the now displaced S3s.)
CoolMaster 1000W PSU will be 1 x S5.  2 will die or see lots of lovely Xs

Also, Corsair cx750m will work for now, but may experience high failure rate about 3-4 weeks into it or later, and HX850 is recommended.

S5 is out in the market for only 2 weeks.  So, you may not experience much failure yet but we have used CX750 in heavy miner deployments in the past and seen what it does.  (360w-400W sure, but not when it is pulling 590-600W constant)

PSU, please remember, you will need minimum 2 rails of 12v with TICK GAUGE PCI-E cables or else, it will get hot and may melt or may catch fire.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
 ▀███▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 03:32:49 AM

Three reasons:
1) Heat is a real problem and I need to reasonably minimize it.  The S3 tends to stay under 50C all year 'round, but that's clearly not the case for the S5, which apparently easily lifts above 70.  Come summer, I can always paddle around in my underwear, but that doesn't help with cooling the S5.

2) Noise is a real problem and I need to reasonably minimize it.  The S3 push/pull fans help tremendously, but they still sound much more earnest than the S3's sharing the same room.

3) According to "BitmainWarranty", they experienced reliability issues after a few weeks of running the S5 with the Corsair CX750M.  I want to ease the load and re-use the PSUs I already own (previously powered the now displaced S3s.)
CoolMaster 1000W PSU will be 1 x S5.  2 will die or see lots of lovely Xs

Also, Corsair cx750m will work for now, but may experience high failure rate about 3-4 weeks into it or later, and HX850 is recommended.

S5 is out in the market for only 2 weeks.  So, you may not experience much failure yet but we have used CX750 in heavy miner deployments in the past and seen what it does.  (360w-400W sure, but not when it is pulling 590-600W constant)

PSU, please remember, you will need minimum 2 rails of 12v with TICK GAUGE PCI-E cables or else, it will get hot and may melt or may catch fire.

I've had 4 CX750Ms running overloaded for the last YEAR and they're all fine. They're really 825W PSUs, and as long as you keep their intake and exhausts clear they'll treat you well.

dog1965

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:52:07 AM

Three reasons:
1) Heat is a real problem and I need to reasonably minimize it.  The S3 tends to stay under 50C all year 'round, but that's clearly not the case for the S5, which apparently easily lifts above 70.  Come summer, I can always paddle around in my underwear, but that doesn't help with cooling the S5.

2) Noise is a real problem and I need to reasonably minimize it.  The S3 push/pull fans help tremendously, but they still sound much more earnest than the S3's sharing the same room.

3) According to "BitmainWarranty", they experienced reliability issues after a few weeks of running the S5 with the Corsair CX750M.  I want to ease the load and re-use the PSUs I already own (previously powered the now displaced S3s.)
CoolMaster 1000W PSU will be 1 x S5.  2 will die or see lots of lovely Xs

S5 is out in the market for only 2 weeks.  So, you may not experience much failure yet but we have used CX750 in heavy miner deployments in the past and seen what it does.  (360w-400W sure, but not when it is pulling 590-600W constant)

I've had 4 CX750Ms running overloaded for the last YEAR and they're all fine. They're really 825W PSUs, and as long as you keep their intake and exhausts clear they'll treat you well.

Why dogie I run a S5 stock and a S3 with a freq setting of 256mhz "512" on a EVGA Supernova 1300 watt G2 and its single rail and the connectors don't even get warm you should get a brand new PSU the technology is better.

what are TICK GAUGE PCI-E cables you mean thick Huh?

TrevorS

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:05:21 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2015, 04:49:55 AM by TrevorS

Thanks for the input, man!  I've touch checked the two supplies and both cases feel cool and the fan exhausts likewise.  Plus, although the PCI-E and Molex cables near the PSU show some warmth, it's very mild.  I'm certainly hopeful! Smiley

You're responding to a quote from a Bitmain staff member, presume it to be a typo!  Smiley

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
 ▀███▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
dog1965

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:59:02 AM

You don't need to 12v rails it will do fine on one single rail with 100 amp or more. I am a disabled hardware engineer since the 80's. A single rail is better get it right Dogie. I don't see how you guys even work for BITMAIN. No wonder why the s3 is messed up. Can I get a job there to.

dog1965

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:00:13 AM

Thanks for the input, man!  I've touch checked the two supplies and both cases feel cool and the fan exhausts likewise.  Plus, although the PCI-E and Molex cables near the PSU show some warmth, it's very mild.  I'm certainly hopeful! Smiley

You're responding to a quote from a Bitmain staff member, presume it to be a typo!  Smiley

Am I suppose to be impressed Trevor s Huh

Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: