Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:29:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH  (Read 450930 times)
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 3970

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 04:40:15 AM

For the best heat dissipation wouldn't it be more efficient to have the fans go bottom to top since the chips are releasing heat at the top?

or simply a large fan blowing air toward the miner-worked great for me in S1.
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 04:41:35 AM

That still works for S4 and S5   Grin

For the best heat dissipation wouldn't it be more efficient to have the fans go bottom to top since the chips are releasing heat at the top?

or simply a large fan blowing air toward the miner-worked great for me in S1.

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 04:43:00 AM

Hummmmmmmm  Will pass that on to sales team!   Wink

sorry to make fun of your username, but I initially thoght it was something else toward the end of the username as "e" instead of "a"   Grin

I'd still like to use some of my S3, S4, and C1 coupons for some S5's.

Most people ask me how well I play the saxophone. So that's a new one.
MyRig
Donator

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 04:51:50 AM

My mind had to be in the dirty side today....   Grin Grin Grin

Hummmmmmmm  Will pass that on to sales team!   Wink

sorry to make fun of your username, but I initially thoght it was something else toward the end of the username as "e" instead of "a"   Grin

Most people ask me how well I play the saxophone. So that's a new one.

Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
heslo
Legendary

Activity: 1183
Merit: 1032

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 05:14:20 AM

Please enjoy MOQ 1 while supply last!!!   Grin Grin Grin

Did they get rid of the purchasing 2 requirement?

You nearly had me there. Had my finger over the buy button but just couldn't do it with the shipping as well. I'd really really like an S5 but just at the current cost/difficulty level plus what I pay for electricity I just can't bring myself to do it. Coupons may sweeten the offer though Wink

But really, thank you for listening to your customers. I know there's a lot of whinging and complaining here about certain things but as a whole I've had a good experience with you guys (Tim, your support guy especially) Smiley
dance191

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 05:58:52 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2016, 04:00:37 AM by dance191

Employ a single person without an office and company to act as middleman? Not sure if it's against the law, but there's still cost of salary + cost of shipping miners to that person.
Having the miners go to EU by ship? Maybe, but you will get your miners 1 month later than everyone else.
The cost of shipping large batches of goods should be significantly lower than if you ship separate packages to separate people...

Loading up LD3 containers is always cheaper than UPS.  I am surprised Bitmain (or other suppliers) don't do this.  

By the way, I used to pay over $1,000,000 a year to UPS for shipping, so I know how low they can go.   UPS can never ship 100 shipment (with 100 customs clearances - the real hidden cost in all of this) cheaper than 1 air freight shipment with 1 customs clearance (with the same amount of goods as the 100 orders).  

Personally, I think BitMain just focuses on other things and hasn't put the energy into making this happen (which is fine if they have more pressing things).  However, if you can move weight, air freight then UPS (or whoever) to deliver in country will always be cheaper.  I havnt looked into prices lately, but our rate was about $900 for each LD3 moving 1/3 of the way around the globe.  This is for 1500 KG, so you are talking about $2.00 to ship a S5 across the world.  UPS will not move a S5 any distance for $2.00, let alone across the world.  

BitMain - I or someone else can make it happen, look into it!! Smiley

Its not in the best interests of the customer. I ran the numbers and you can fit about 200 S1s into a fully laden LD3, which is ~800-900kg. Its highly unlikely that any country will have 200 of anything going to it on the same day, so customer orders would then have to be held. Once it arrived in the destination country, it would then have to be delivered to another national warehouse, where its emptied and individual boxes are relabelled, and then reshipped. The turnaround would take 1.5-2.5 days depending on courier pickups, for the boxes to re-enter the courier network. Then, Bitmain has to pay to have them shipped a second time.

So you've said $2 per S5 for 1/3 of the way round the world.
Fixing your size estimations to actually make them fit, it becomes $6 per unit.
Fixing your destination so they actually arrive in the right country becomes $10 per unit.
Fixing your speed of delivery to match UPS becomes $20 per unit.
Having units delivered to a national warehouse, handled and relabelled becomes $26 per unit.
Then handing each unit back to an air courier once in the destination country (for the US) or by express land) becomes $40-55 per unit.
This all assumes you've got 100% occupancy and on every single day or near enough you can fill an LD3 per country.

Meanwhile, you just increased the time of delivery to the customer by 4-7 days.

Dogie,

While I appreciate the effort you put into things, this is why people don't like you.  You make mostly incorrect guesses and pass them off as fact.  

You are just making armchair guesses at how things are done, with made up numbers.  Anyone can do this, but for some odd reason you do this and then pass off your guesses as fact to the public.  You think you are so smart, but rather than taking the opportunity to learn (which is what a smart person would do), you take it as an opportunity to flaunt your ignorance.  A smart person would ask me how to do this and learn from my experience.  

Your whole argument is just silly.  You are saying any business that imports will be more expensive than buying direct from overseas.   Let me ask you, if I want to buy something on Amazon that is made in China, is it cheaper to buy it on Amazon or is it cheaper to have UPS ship it from China (I am talking about products sold by Amazon, not 3rd part sellers)?  Think about it.  Everything I buy on Amazon is made in another country, yet everything is shipped domestically for a reason.  

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 06:45:27 AM

I was thinking the same thing. I have a load of S3, S4 and C1 coupons I'm never going to use. Would be nice to have the option of applying/converting them towards S5's (and S6's) in the future.
aclass

Activity: 381
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 07:27:30 AM

No gonna happen. Thise coupons are issued so they can sell those specific miners, not the newest one Smiley
They might issue new coupons for S5 to selected group of good customers at some point.

I was thinking the same thing. I have a load of S3, S4 and C1 coupons I'm never going to use. Would be nice to have the option of applying/converting them towards S5's (and S6's) in the future.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 07:38:04 AM

@IITravel01,

1200W for 3 S3+ is a bit too high...

We have low efficient PSU and Kill-a-Watt showing 1087-1107W.

PM us your e-mail, someone from the company will send you a beta firmware for the S3 and S3+

Some are already floating around I think, but if you want the authentic version, PM us and will have someone e-mail it you.

I tried both 120v and 230v (with a step up voltage converter and a true sine wave UPS and a 240v Kill-A-Watt) with a Gold 1200w (showed 91% efficiency with 2 X S3+) and also used a Platinum 1600w power supply.  You can check my earlier posts for more info.  3 x S3+ at default took about 1,200w at the wall (but is rated at 355w x3 = 1,065w).

Can I get some beta testers for a new S3 firmware please? Download link is here, it *should* be good to go but as you know....

Rolls back to the last good patch in Oct (1024), but fixes voltage adjustment and the important reset button. Hopefully.... let me know.

MD5: 7DF1B12D28B25E10AAC37E2EAFC7397B

hey dogie, i tried to flash the bin and get solid red and solid green lights on the s3.  when i try to reach the miner i get "network is unreachable."  Does this mean that I have to take out the card and reflash it with firmware, or something else?  So far this beta doesn't work for me.  I think I read the same thing prior but nonetheless tried it out.

The firmware works fine, its been tested by a lot of people now. Was the process interrupted in any way or did it appear to complete? In what state is your miner in now - mining or inaccessible?

Edit: Nevermind

I got the new firmware to work!  I had some intermittent phases of red and green lights both solid and flashing.  I manually reset the miner and was then able to access it.  DHCP settings are slightly different so it took me a little while to get it sorted out.  But its hashing away now.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 07:42:36 AM

The problem here is Dogie claims to remain indifferent in how it claims to rate each company. No individual can remain completely unbiased when you are employed by one of them. If you go through many of his posts in other forums, they are usually one liners auto scripted, at times taken out of context. In bitmain forums, he rarely helps anyone to completion. Rather he hands off the problem to bitmain directly, wasting everyone's time.

The final straw, he has insulted way too many people here. No company with any logic would hire him with his lack of community.

Pat, we all know what you're doing - you need to make some more accounts if you want to keep flaming from secret.

Dogie, please confirm that the highlighted text is a typo, that you actually meant pak as in pak13 the author of the text, and that you were in no way referring to me. Again.

Just to be ensure there is no confusion.

No I mean Pat, or workinginconcertwithPat. This entire string is off topic though so please take it elsewhere.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 07:45:24 AM

You nearly had me there. Had my finger over the buy button but just couldn't do it with the shipping as well. I'd really really like an S5 but just at the current cost/difficulty level plus what I pay for electricity I just can't bring myself to do it. Coupons may sweeten the offer though Wink

But really, thank you for listening to your customers. I know there's a lot of whinging and complaining here about certain things but as a whole I've had a good experience with you guys (Tim, your support guy especially) Smiley

That's why the MOQ was there in the first place, as its represents better value to the consumer. No one (including Bitmain) likes paying delivery charges for a single miner.

MyRig
Donator

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 07:45:43 AM

S5 B2 is on Amazon Direct from Bitmain.  It is still a bit pricy but at least it is direct from Bitmain.  

Direct Shipping From Amazon Prime is not that cheap but may be possible later.

For now, for a short period of time, for USA customer, you can buy Antminer S5 on Amazon.  Please go to the Batch 2 item page on Bitmain website and click on the link to Amazon.  (Seller Name is Bitmain)

MyRig
Donator

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 07:47:58 AM

Just Click "BUY" !!!   Grin

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 07:48:15 AM

S5 B2 is on Amazon Direct from Bitmain.  It is still a bit pricy but at least it is direct from Bitmain. 

Direct Shipping From Amazon Prime is not that cheap but may be possible later.

For now, for a short period of time, for USA customer, you can buy Antminer S5 on Amazon.  Please go to the Batch 2 item page on Bitmain website and click on the link to Amazon.  (Seller Name is Bitmain)

Here is the link
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00RCTIY4G/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Note the different shipping times regarding the prices.

sbogovac
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192

I don't believe in denial.

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 09:15:07 AM

@IITravel01,

1200W for 3 S3+ is a bit too high...

We have low efficient PSU and Kill-a-Watt showing 1087-1107W. [...]

I am running my S3's in groups of 3 on respectively:

- Seasonic SS1250X (gold rating); and;
- Corsair AX1200 (gold rating).

Both PSU types run nice with 3 S3's attached (I must add the Seasonic runs best, but both without any major issues with the S3's frequencies set on 225).

0x7442A5c37E513D335F53843cD20c00F77eAC7867
PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 11:37:25 AM

No I mean Pat, or workinginconcertwithPat. This entire string is off topic though so please take it elsewhere.

That’s what I thought.

Seeing as you felt it appropriate & not off topic enough in the first place to try & demean my reputation by dragging my name into one of your arguments with another forum member again, on this very thread, I believe it is wholly appropriate to reply to your accusations on this thread.

I was recently contacted by both BitmainWarranty & Yoshi regarding your insulting & accusatory behaviour towards me & other forum members on this & other forum threads, both of whom have apologised on your behalf, not just for the negative & conspiracy based feedback you decided to leave on my trust rating - but also for your attitude in general. Both BitmainWarranty & Yoshi have been kind, helpful & understanding towards me throughout our various communications ever since I first became a customer of theirs - as one would expect from a Company of Bitmains stature. They also assured me that they would investigate your remarks & try to rectify the situation - it seems however that this has not yet happened, as you continue publicly to slur me & others at any & every opportunity you get.

I neither require, need or want any alias/shill/troll accounts as you so eloquently accuse me of having. Many manufacturers & forum members alike have all my personal details due to transactions done either directly with them or via my sales thread or my Amazon BTC service thread. Every transaction I have ever done on this forum has been without escrow - I deal entirely on trust, I also have a 100% trust rating on ebay. All these details are open & transparent for everyone to see on my threads - I have absolutely nothing to hide & have no wish to do so. Do you seriously think I would indulge in the activities you accuse me of & risk my reputation here?

Now, with regards to your latest insult:

The problem here is Dogie claims to remain indifferent in how it claims to rate each company. No individual can remain completely unbiased when you are employed by one of them. If you go through many of his posts in other forums, they are usually one liners auto scripted, at times taken out of context. In bitmain forums, he rarely helps anyone to completion. Rather he hands off the problem to bitmain directly, wasting everyone's time.

The final straw, he has insulted way too many people here. No company with any logic would hire him with his lack of community.

Pat, we all know what you're doing - you need to make some more accounts if you want to keep flaming from secret.

Dogie, please confirm that the highlighted text is a typo, that you actually meant pak as in pak13 the author of the text, and that you were in no way referring to me. Again.

Just to be ensure there is no confusion.

I have never had any contact with forum member pak13, but I will PM him/her a copy of this post & request that he/she makes it clear to you that there is no collusion/connection whatsoever between us & never has been - however they choose to do that it up to them, & weather you choose to believe it is up to you.
I will also send a copy of this post to BitmainWarranty & Yoshi, for the record, and formally demand that you not only make a public apology for your public outbursts against me & others on this & other threads, but also that you remove the negative & derogatory comments you have made on both this forum as well as my & others trust rating.

You seem to have convinced yourself that anyone who complains/disagrees/corrects or comments about you anywhere is actually me in disguise, which is deluded & worrying. The simple truth is dogie, is that I am not the only person on this forum who happens to have a similar point of view about you, and that number seems to be growing every day judging by the amount of feedback there is about you lately. You need to learn to accept the fact that when you are wrong or make stupid/derogatory/insulting comments against either Bitmain customers or people in general, they will reply to those remarks - and it is not because they are all me or because the world is colluding against you - it is because they have every right to do so.

I will not enter into any private PM conversation with you, so don’t bother. I want this to be open & transparent so that everyone can see what a complete idiot you have been, and continue to be. The sooner Bitmain do something about your disgusting & unsociable behaviour towards their customers, the sooner Bitmain can restore customers faith in their Support group. I can see they are trying to improve it already - but you seem intent on working against both them & their customer base, for whatever reason.

I'm not sure why Bitmain allow you to publicly insult their customers this way, but it really is time that they put a stop to it.

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
firewire2013

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 11:55:42 AM

Price is far too high!  Embarrassed

BTC: 1BbJmzqcxnJEc3gPcBFbjoUnRB9WGHZ3Cf
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 03:47:58 PM

Anyone who knows how large the batches are?

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
MyRig
Donator

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 03:53:37 PM

Big enough to cate all paying cusotmers! and batc was opened up and batch 2 is still open.

Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 04:04:40 PM

Big enough to cate all paying cusotmers! and batc was opened up and batch 2 is still open.

If anyone else knows I would really like to know some numbers.

Edit: If moderator will delete any such information please let me know.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: