Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:50:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LTC][Pool][PPS]notroll.in PPS Pool -scam alert-  (Read 76427 times)
juice

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:33:13 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2013, 11:36:29 AM by juice

ahhhhhr ok,
that is what other pools also paying!
was my first time on notroll and i thought good payment here  Shocked

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Slushpuppy

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:34:33 AM

if you have more than 50 LTC ready to withdraw, it will not work.

however, if you f5 until the very second a new block is solved, and hit withdraw, it should work
serge79

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:13:27 AM

ahhhhhr ok,
that is what i had become from other pools !
was my first time on notroll and i thought good payment here  Shocked

I think payment on notroll.in is good if you want a pps pool. We can't complain about that.

The 25% haircut on our balances it's another story. Having 1/4 of your "savings" plundered (not your "gains" during bonus time) sucks!

Current situation to understand withdrawal problems:

Greedy Cyprus politicians impose haircut on citizens bank accounts > trust is lower, citizens want to bank run > banks impose limits on withdrawals

Ah no it's Notroll.in and Litecoin

The admin plundered miners saving > trust is lower, now even newbie miners want to move every single penny to their wallet in order to avoid another plunder > Pool Wallet is now empty > Hashing power of the pool is still high so new blocks are often discovered and 50 coins go to pool wallet > people pressing F5 and withdrawal button again and again (and have less than 50 coins on balance) get paid :-)
Shaban

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:19:44 PM

I can finally post here.

First of all, Nicksasa, sorry about your hospitalization, feel better soon. Second of all, I'm sorry your pool messed up and caused you a ton of stress and server side problems.

Now that that has been said, you should not punish your miners for your server mistakes. You took all those litecoins from all those people. I wasn't effected badly, but I have heard of people who were. You need to find a way to repay YOUR miners. Keep a reputable pool going, it'll be better for you in the long run. Whether that means repaying all the coins you took, or removing all fees for at least a month. Something needs to be done. Next, hire someone to help you... YOU NEED IT. You've had a ton of people jump ship on your pool and even new miners do not want to deal with this pool because it seems shady. Build up your pool reputation and regain peoples trust. Also, start updating people a little more often... one reply with two sentences every other day isn't cutting it.

Goodluck
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:46:47 PM

I can finally post here.

First of all, Nicksasa, sorry about your hospitalization, feel better soon. Second of all, I'm sorry your pool messed up and caused you a ton of stress and server side problems.

Now that that has been said, you should not punish your miners for your server mistakes. You took all those litecoins from all those people. I wasn't effected badly, but I have heard of people who were. You need to find a way to repay YOUR miners. Keep a reputable pool going, it'll be better for you in the long run. Whether that means repaying all the coins you took, or removing all fees for at least a month. Something needs to be done. Next, hire someone to help you... YOU NEED IT. You've had a ton of people jump ship on your pool and even new miners do not want to deal with this pool because it seems shady. Build up your pool reputation and regain peoples trust. Also, start updating people a little more often... one reply with two sentences every other day isn't cutting it.

Goodluck

He don't need to, he can take 25% and still have roughly the same MH hashing away at his pool, maybe 5% miners jumped ship, the vast majority still mining at his pool. With time this incident will be forgotten, and he can still happily charge 4% fee + house take on the next incident. So there's nearly zero motivation for him to fix things fairly.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
Shaban

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:39:49 PM

I can finally post here.

Goodluck

He don't need to, he can take 25% and still have roughly the same MH hashing away at his pool, maybe 5% miners jumped ship, the vast majority still mining at his pool. With time this incident will be forgotten, and he can still happily charge 4% fee + house take on the next incident. So there's nearly zero motivation for him to fix things fairly.

Let me make it simple for him to understand from my own personal experience...

I run a pawn shop, and one night we were broken into and some of our customers items were stolen. We lost $800k worth of stuff and insurance only paid us $125k. We used the $125k +some of our own money to buy and replace items for our customers... That's how we kept our reputation, and our customers appreciated it and kept coming back to us.
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:29:52 PM

I can finally post here.

Goodluck

Let me make it simple for him to understand from my own personal experience...

I run a pawn shop, and one night we were broken into and some of our customers items were stolen. We lost $800k worth of stuff and insurance only paid us $125k. We used the $125k +some of our own money to buy and replace items for our customers... That's how we kept our reputation, and our customers appreciated it and kept coming back to us.

Yeah, but notroll has a different situation, notroll's customers(miners) don't care, only 5% left (these are the ones that probably had a large balance kept on the pool) and the rest 95% just keep mining like nothing happened (probably these were setting payout at 1 LTC and don't keep balance on the pool). So as long as 95% of notroll miners don't keep balance on the pool, it doesn't matter to these 95% whether notroll is taking money from other 5% high balance accounts. I guess the take away from this incident is: Don't keep anything more than the bare minimum on any pool.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
TwinTurbo

Activity: 91

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:55:10 PM

Yeah, but notroll has a different situation, notroll's customers(miners) don't care, only 5% left (these are the ones that probably had a large balance kept on the pool) and the rest 95% just keep mining like nothing happened (probably these were setting payout at 1 LTC and don't keep balance on the pool). So as long as 95% of notroll miners don't keep balance on the pool, it doesn't matter to these 95% whether notroll is taking money from other 5% high balance accounts. I guess the take away from this incident is: Don't keep anything more than the bare minimum on any pool.

The bad part about all this is it wasn't my intention to keep 137 LTC on the system. I had my auto-payout set to 10 LTC. Of course, it never auto paid anything. I only mined here for 2-3 days, not knowing what had transpired regarding the double payouts. I am beginning to think that Nick is never going to formally address the large players. Silence on the matter might as well be admission of inaction.

Even if I could withdraw only 10% it would still be better than nothing.
poohbah

Activity: 59

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:00:46 PM

What a load of crap. I wasn't even mining during the supposed "double payment" period, yet my tiny balance got whacked. SHADY.
serge79

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:19:23 AM

Still waiting for admin to clarify situation...
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:08:08 AM

I am glad i did not choose this pool! Btcguild would have never acted this way.
Peleus

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:44:14 AM

Look on the bright side, when you consider the market value now he comparatively stole a lot less then before  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
chungenhung
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:50:15 AM

i have about 200LTC... and it is all stuck. not sure how much was taken.
Mrkeety

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:04:08 AM

yes! was able to withdraw out 110 of my LTC just now
chungenhung
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:45:26 AM

yes! was able to withdraw out 110 of my LTC just now
well aren't you lucky
TwinTurbo

Activity: 91

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:11:46 AM

Maybe it's time we start a list of who is owed how many LTC.

I'll start.

TwinTurbo: 137.10070427

Maybe then we will get some kind of response as to if/when/how this is going to be addressed when it becomes publicly obvious how wrong things are right now with notroll.in

At the very least, I'd advise anyone who yields a high hash rate not to mine on this pool, as it may become near impossible for you to get large numbers of LTC out.
jmmichael93

Activity: 45

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:35:04 AM

I really don't think there is going to be any resolution to this situation.  The pool owner has logged on at least 3 times that I've noticed since his last posting and hasn't said another word, even with several dozen new posts of people complaining on multiple threads.  He said over a day ago he was going to post something here or on his website about how he planned to rectify this situation, but haven't seen anything yet.  Given that no one has really stopped mining there, he's just going to keep right on going.  I find it interesting that the pool's hot wallet is empty, so most of those major miners are probably not getting their auto-withdrawals since the pool is only paying out when a block is found to the first people to request until that is used up.  You'd think they would notice that by now, but maybe they just don't check on their operation that often.  Also, if the hot wallet is empty, where the heck did all the coins that he took go?
chungenhung
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:14:24 PM

I'll start.

Maybe then we will get some kind of response as to if/when/how this is going to be addressed when it becomes publicly obvious how wrong things are right now with notroll.in

At the very least, I'd advise anyone who yields a high hash rate not to mine on this pool, as it may become near impossible for you to get large numbers of LTC out.
500LTC. I am going to switch my machines today.
What are some other good pools that use stratum?
SeGram

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:52:41 PM

I'll start.

500LTC. I am going to switch my machines today.
What are some other good pools that use stratum?

SeGram: 117.2947063 Ltc missing.
JayBee66

Activity: 53

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:21:08 PM

At last I can post!

Just to let everyone know that I have had no problems with getting money out (eventually) or having LTC taken from my account.

I have used Stratum throughout and always cashout small amounts.

I never leave anything on the account overnight, if I can help it.

Yes, I have had the wrong address error but I just persevere with hitting the withdrawal button, every minute or so, until I do get a payout, usually within 30 minutes.

I am sticking with notroll.in!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: