Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:50:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dank Bank Deposits - dank's soul is claimed! - New music Nov 30th  (Read 128824 times)
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 12:42:01 AM

I'm looking for people interested in helping with the music festival.  What we're looking for:

1000 Acres land
Stage equipment
Audio equipment
Audio technician
Lighting equipment
Lighting technician
Contractor (build bathrooms)
Electrician
Fireworks + pyro Smiley

Optionally, we will also set up some carnival type rides if we could get a volunteer for them.

Help be a part of history by taking the end of the year off of work and working together, as one, to form the biggest music festival ever.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with Lending or Long-term Offers.

logansryche put more effort into planning his theatre restoration than you've put into this.  You're literally less capable of planning something than logansryche.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MildBill

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 12:57:33 AM

logansryche put more effort into planning his theatre restoration than you've put into this.  You're literally less capable of planning something than logansryche.
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 01:03:11 AM

We will see about that. Smiley

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
MildBill

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 01:29:28 AM

We will see about that. Smiley

Dank, are you at all aware of the fact that, with your timeframe, most people wouldn't plan a wedding?  That's like 999,500 less people.  Do you have any conception at all of how big a job you're talking about?

Edit: Have you ever organized, or been involved with organizing, an event for more than a thousand people?  Hell, have you ever been involved with organizing an event for 40 people?
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 01:31:58 AM

Where there's a will, there's a way!

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
MildBill

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 01:40:10 AM

Edit: Have you ever organized, or been involved with organizing, an event for more than a thousand people?  Hell, have you ever been involved with organizing an event for 40 people?
repentance

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 01:50:29 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2012, 07:02:54 AM by repentance

Edit: Have you ever organized, or been involved with organizing, an event for more than a thousand people?  Hell, have you ever been involved with organizing an event for 40 people?

He's just the "ideas guy".  You don't expect him to do any of the actual work do you?  That's what the audio technician, lighting technician, contractor and electrician are for!  What else could possibly need organising?

dank should learn to play this song.  I have a feeling it's going to be his life anthem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 07:23:36 AM

No, orchestrating an event like this is no work.

Anyways, I learned how to make my guitar laugh. Smiley

Monster-Ant

Activity: 112

The ants came marching one by one

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 07:40:59 AM

Dank, you have no clue what the hell you are even planning. You HAVE to be trolling or posting for attention.

But I'll play along, just to show what an ignorant fool you are.

First of all, you are talking 1,000 acres. A square mile if 440 square acres. You are asking for two square MILES to be donated.

You're hoping for 1 MILLION people. That's 500K people per mile. A mile is 28,000,000 square feet. That means you have 56 million square feet. That means 56 square feet per person. That's a 9x6 area. Now, this is before even the facilities.

Let's build this like a military logistics base.

First of all, we need an area for vehicles. That's always first and foremost. So, we'll need room for emergency services vehicles and a helipad in case of emergency. (Irony is that during Woodstock the US military provided helicopter medevacs as well as bringing in supplies) We'll lop 2 acres off for that. You'll probably ignore that part and figure you don't need to worry about it, since you'll just pedal your bike there and expect everyone else to do the same, and you won't need helicopters, since this is all "positive karma" which, of course, Woodstock lacked, right?

Now, we need living quarters for staff. Nobody willing to work on the staff of music entertainers are going to be willing to stay in military surplus tents, so we'll have to provide trailers, and nice ones. Probably 20/30 footers. We better snatch away 5 acres for that. Not to mention the cost of the trailers. But you'll probably half-ass this and ignore it.

Now parking. For 1 million people. We better consider at least 750,000 cars. Better use truck size. There will be buses, motorhomes, and all of that. So we better go with slicing off at least 30 acres for that. (I've seen a military decommissioning depot with over a million vehicles in it, it was twelve square miles, nothing but vehicles as far as the eyes could see) But I guess you figure everyone will hitchhike and walk so you'll probably ignore vehicle storage.

Security. If you think you won't need security, you're a goddamn fool. Even Woodstock had security. Depending on local laws, you might have to hire a private security firm. Better find one willing to volunteer the time. They'll need to be bonded. Unbonded 'volunteer' security guards opens you up to major lawsuits when one of them beats a guy half to death or rapes a woman. You'll probably figure you don't need security, after all, this is the dank music festival and you don't have to worry about it. So you'll ignore this.

Medical: You'll need medical tents. For 1 million people you'll need the equivelant of a military field hospital, without surgical areas. Your best bet is 1 qualified medic per 500 people. That means you'll need TWO THOUSAND medics. You might want to contact the Army there, champ. Even if you decide to half-ass this, life everything else in your life, you'll need QUALIFIED people to administer first aid, anything else you'll end up with lawsuits when your drunken volunteers fair to treat frostbite and people start losing toes. You can expect, with 1 MILLION fucking people, that there will be an average of 20% of them suffer cold weather injuries, not to mention dehydration, injuries from fighting or the press of a million person crowd (I've been to massive concerts, like Monsters of Rock in the 80's, and just being in the front of the crowd left bruises on my ribs), rapes, assaults, drug overdoses, women going into labor, and just plain stupidity.

Now lets get to things that even YOU can't ignore.

Electrical: Without electricity you won't be doing anything but wishing. Unless you plan on running extension cords from some unwitting farmer's barn, you'll need generators. If you were stupid enough to think the extension cord and free electricity route, you'll find out that you'll lose ALL the electricity in that distance, not to mention possibly catching the cables on fire and burning down everything. So, you'll need generators, and not the little ones your grandpa has in the garage for when the power goes out. You'll need FEMA/military/Construction rated ones. We're talking the big 60KW generators. The generators you'll need cost about $1,200 a DAY to rent, unless you think the Army will be nice enough to loan a dipshit like you a VERY expensive generator.

Light sets: We aren't talking a few spotlights like in your high school theater. You're going to need a concert lighting set. Have you ever been to a concert, Dank? We're talking literally dozens, if not hundreds, of lights, the steel scaffolding to support them, the cabling and controls to run electricity to them. Those light sets cost tens of thousands of dollars, Dank. Nobody is going to lend you $150,000 in lights, not now.

Sound Equipment: This is NOT your high school's PA system, this isn't the sound system you had in theater class in community college. This is a multi-thousand dollar system. Do you realize just how much those systems cost to rent, move, set up? Have you ever SEEN one of those systems? You need a  TEAM of audio engineers.

Sewage Handling: This isn't a couple porta-potties, Dank, this is literally a few thousand for your "Million Man Concert", and they have to be emptied at least every day, every other day at the least. But you probably figure everyone can just shit on the ground, get dystentary, and die.

Dank, this is without getting into the problems of the fact you intend on holding this concert, outdoors, IN THE WINTER, in the North America. I know you probably think "Oh, the desert! I'll do it there!" but are you even aware that in the desert temperatures easily drop below freezing at night? I can tell you from experience that desert nights are COLD. You hold your concert outdoors, in the winter, if it's a multi-day event, PEOPLE WILL DIE if you don't have tents for everyone, medical care, medevac facilities. People will get drunk and pass out, and people will die of exposure.

Don't try to wave this shit away with "Where there's a will there's a way" bullshit. We're talking the real world, not Dank's Imaginary World of Hookahs & Free Money.

While I could set up a military encampment in an hour or so, I'm drawing on centuries of doctrine, procedure, and knowledge to do so. There's manuals for how to do it. I'm TRAINED in how to do it.

You aren't trained to lead ants to a picnic with a jar of honey.

Dank, setting a concert up takes WEEKS of planning. The people who host Burning Man have been doing this for like 20 years, they have massive amounts of experience, and even they take months to plan everything out, make sure they've covered their bases.

I'm serious, you could really benefit from a hitch in the Army or Marines, a tour or two of Afghanistan.

And don't give me that crybaby shit about killing people. 3/4 of the jobs in the military have nothing to do with combat. Go into transportation or supply or another logistics branch, and you'd get an idea of the massive amount of effort and planning it takes to even arrange a convoy.

Take a job with a shipping company. Hell, get a job working for Wal-Mart in the warehouse and you'll get a feel for what it takes.

Right now, Dank, you're an idea man. That's ALL you have, is ideas. You don't have the education, the knowledge, or the experience, or hell, even the goddamn intelligence to understand the depths of your ignorance or what you need to learn to about.

Dank, quit wishing and coming up with ideas and do something. Complete ONE fucking project. In the time you've spent rubbing your face and/or ass against the string of your guitar someone who had taken lessons, even someone with no musical talent and a tin ear, could play simple songs that are beyond you.

Get a job, or just accept your family's help to go to college.

There are people who join the military, go out to fight and die, for the military's promise of college money, because otherwise they will never get the chance to attend college, and you spurn an offer than a significant and measurable amount of the US citizenry cannot afford to do without sinking themselves massively into debt.

Don't waste that opportunity, Dank. Go to college, get an education.

Make your dreams happen.

Right now you aren't even educated enough to understand in what ways you are ignorant, and why you are a laughingstock on these forums.

1B6RGmWBSWyFHuoZtUjbvjSp58rPfoubGC - Oh God what is that?
AndyRossy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 07:56:44 AM

why on earth would he post it here? Is this linked to his low-risk deposit scheme?
MildBill

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 01:09:36 PM

Right now, Dank, you're an idea man. That's ALL you have, is ideas. You don't have the education, the knowledge, or the experience, or hell, even the goddamn intelligence to understand the depths of your ignorance or what you need to learn to about.

Dank, quit wishing and coming up with ideas and do something. Complete ONE fucking project. In the time you've spent rubbing your face and/or ass against the string of your guitar someone who had taken lessons, even someone with no musical talent and a tin ear, could play simple songs that are beyond you.

Get a job, or just accept your family's help to go to college.

Ant, I just want to say that if you ever need an investor for anything (in fiat), just send me a PM.  I don't even really care what it is.

Dank, I love that in the face of pages and pages of quality advice, your response is "I taught my guitar how to laugh".  I mean... wow.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 02:33:14 PM

Dank, Ant has some very good points.  You might want to reschedule the concert until after Dec 21st, when people will undergo a spiritual change and be more likely to do volunteer work and give up possessions for free.

Less than 2 months to go!  WOOHOO!

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
capn noe

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 04:08:17 PM

Seems every region of the US has a 2012 festival already in place for December 21st.

No problem!

I'd put together a bid for lighting, stage building, and projection mapping services but I'm 100% positive that the labor would be wasted. Christmas season flights for the staff alone would cost a fortune, and road tripping 6-8 staff is always a catastrophe (unless in rented vehicles, of course). Staff would have to be giving up their Christmas as well, which given the lack of notice would be a hard sell. It would have to pay pretty darn well, and there would have to be a sizable deposit.

Ever traveled across the country to do work on a show that, in the end, was counting on attendance in order to pay staff? NEVER AGAIN, I say!
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 04:12:11 PM

Thanks for your input, monster, always great to hear what you have to say.  We won't need medics, sickness is caused by the soul and we'll have plenty of love to go around.

We have two months to make this happen, plenty of time, in my opinion.

BorderBits

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 05:11:57 PM

Dank is obviously just trolling at this point.  However Dank, why not just get some experience in the adult world by actually just doing SOMETHING?  If you live in a college town, just set up "Dankfest" and try to get some good local bands and college kids to come by.  That would be a relatively easy thing to do, and if executed properly it could probably make you, as the promoter, some money. 
Snaer

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 06:09:33 PM

Aww Dank, I thought you were serious hon. But after hearing you just hand wave what Ant has to say away, I'm really disappointed. Sad

You really do need medics hon, what if someone falls? What if they get lacerations? It's not about someone getting sick, it's about someone having an accident.

-Zoey
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 07:22:04 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2012, 07:35:50 PM by dank

Dank is obviously just trolling at this point.  However Dank, why not just get some experience in the adult world by actually just doing SOMETHING?  If you live in a college town, just set up "Dankfest" and try to get some good local bands and college kids to come by.  That would be a relatively easy thing to do, and if executed properly it could probably make you, as the promoter, some money.  
No, really not.  Is organizing a million man concert and playing guitar not doing something?

Aww Dank, I thought you were serious hon. But after hearing you just hand wave what Ant has to say away, I'm really disappointed. Sad

You really do need medics hon, what if someone falls? What if they get lacerations? It's not about someone getting sick, it's about someone having an accident.

-Zoey

Don't you think any of the 1 million people would have a medical education?

Regarding Monster's post, does nobody else see how it's riddled with negativity, doubt and hate?

Dank, you have no clue what the hell you are even planning. You HAVE to be trolling or posting for attention.
Nobody is going to lend you $150,000 in lights
But you probably figure everyone can just shit on the ground, get dystentary, and die.
That's ALL you have, is ideas. You don't have the education, the knowledge, or the experience, or hell, even the goddamn intelligence to understand the depths of your ignorance or what you need to learn to about.
Complete ONE fucking project. In the time you've spent rubbing your face and/or ass against the string of your guitar someone who had taken lessons, even someone with no musical talent and a tin ear, could play simple songs that are beyond you.
I'm serious, you could really benefit from a hitch in the Army or Marines, a tour or two of Afghanistan.
And don't give me that crybaby shit about killing people. 3/4 of the jobs in the military have nothing to do with combat.
So 3/4 jobs in the military have to do with helping other people kill people with taxpayers' money, great.

And college will help me play guitar, really?  Unless you really want to study something in particular, it's an expensive joke.

capn noe

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 07:40:10 PM

Boycott all dank threads.
repentance

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 07:49:27 PM

Don't you think any of the 1 million people would have a medical education?

Don't you think that without appropriate equipment that medical education is going to be pretty useless for anything other than administering bystander CPR (which has a devastatingly low success rate).  The original Woodstock had to have medical supplies and equipment flown in by helicopter (and had to medivac people out) - what on earth makes you think that an event twice that size isn't going to need either?  Not to mention the fact that the indemnity insurance of medical workers isn't going to cover them practising medicine at an event which isn't even going to have public liability insurance.  

Atlas actually got banned for dank's kind of ridiculousness.  I suspect that the only reason the mods haven't moved dank's thread to Off-topic is that it's already located in the scammer forum.

Treacheroso Von Pahnzi

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 07:51:33 PM

Now now, Chief of Security, do not interfere with the competition.  We will win in the free market and the karma market and the pony market.  The future of karmic banking is now:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=119703.0
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: