Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:16:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dank Bank Deposits - dank's soul is claimed! - New music Nov 30th  (Read 128824 times)
BorderBits

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 11:23:05 PM

I think the predictions that String Theory makes aren't really testable, so it's more an idea than a theory.

Sure they are testable.  That is what the LHC is doing right now!

Gonna go play some BF3 right now.  Smiley

I think at this point there is no indication that the LHC can operate at the energy levels thought to be required to observe phenomena at that level.  But I digress, it's a field I know little about beyond reading The Elegant Universe. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 11:26:16 PM

I didn't bring string theory up - you did.  Seriously, point out the error in this statement: The universe is one thing, it literally means "All existing matter and space considered as a whole," the universe makes everything, therefor everything is made of the same thing.  Everything is made of the universe, which is god, love, conscious, pure energy.

It makes perfect sense, to me, and everyone else that believes we are all connected.

I bolded your error in logic.    The toymaker makes all the toys, therefore all the toys are the same.

I understand it makes perfect sense to you, that is why it is your opinion.
No, it's like saying the toymaker makes all the toys out of wood, therefor all the toys are made of wood.  Actually, it's doesn't make any sense to compare a man made thing to the cosmos.

There was no error in the bolded part.  If the universe makes up everything, what is everything made of?  The universe.

How could we possibly be separate conscious beings, when consciousness is the universe and there's only one universe?  That would require the universe to be separate from itself, which it's not because it is a whole.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
kentrolla

Activity: 1540
Merit: 565

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2012, 11:29:07 PM

Kentrolla, then explain to me how, and what different energies can comprise mass within our universe?  If everything in the universe is made up of the universe, how does a second energy make up the universe?

I'm not going to explain anything to you. I just wanted to see if you were arrogant enough to not admit your faulty logic.

Here's your question with different words:

If everything in this painting is made up of paint, how does a second paint make up this painting?

basically the flaw in your logic comes down to this: the same as != made up of.

If trees are the same as trees, then all trees are made up of the same trees.

You see how stupid that sounds?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
kentrolla

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2012, 11:32:00 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2012, 11:44:00 PM by kentrolla

I didn't bring string theory up - you did.  Seriously, point out the error in this statement: The universe is one thing, it literally means "All existing matter and space considered as a whole," the universe makes everything, therefor everything is made of the same thing.  Everything is made of the universe, which is god, love, conscious, pure energy.

It makes perfect sense, to me, and everyone else that believes we are all connected.

I bolded your error in logic.    The toymaker makes all the toys, therefore all the toys are the same.

I understand it makes perfect sense to you, that is why it is your opinion.
No, it's like saying the toymaker makes all the toys out of wood, therefor all the toys are made of wood.  Actually, it's doesn't make any sense to compare a man made thing to the cosmos.

There was no error in the bolded part.  If the universe makes up everything, what is everything made of?  The universe.

How could we possibly be separate conscious beings, when consciousness is the universe and there's only one universe?  That would require the universe to be separate from itself, which it's not because it is a whole.

Lets replace the word universe (noun) with the word toymaker (noun).
your statement becomes:

If the toymaker makes everything, then everything is made OF the toymaker.

NOT

If the toymaker makes everything, then everything is made BY the toymaker

the second sentence is logically sound no matter what noun you replace.

its also funny in your post how you lead with the definition of the word universe and then change the definition to your opinion at the end. 

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
▬▬▬▬▬
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 11:45:29 PM

I realized that after I posted it, it doesn't change the validity of what I'm saying.

Except, we are made of and by the universe.  We are literally particle byproducts of the big bang.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 11:48:31 PM

How could we possibly be separate conscious beings, when consciousness is the universe and there's only one universe?

Sigh.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
kentrolla

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2012, 11:50:21 PM

I realized that after I posted it, it doesn't change the validity of what I'm saying.

Except, we are made of and by the universe.  We are literally particle byproducts of the big bang.
there you go trying to redefine words (universe) again to support your faulty logic.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
▬▬▬▬▬
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 12:07:04 AM

Quote from: dank
We are literally particle byproducts of the big bang.

And the relationship between the Big Bang and consciousness is...what? 

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 12:19:40 AM

Universe: All existing matter and space considered as a whole.

This means one.

Well the big bang is the creation from a single point of consciousness, and it's still going on today, but what I was saying here is that the we are byproducts of the big bang, directly made of and by the universe.

It seems to me most of you are arguing for the sake of arguing and not trying to grasp a higher understanding of what I'm saying.

kentrolla

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2012, 12:35:06 AM

you're using the words matter and mass interchangeably. they are not the same thing.

Matter is any substance made of particles with mass. Mass is a property of matter equal to the ratio of the external force applied to the matter to the acceleration imparted by that force. Mass also is proportional to the total energy content of the matter at rest. Mass and energy are both (related) properties, while matter is a substance. The distinction between properties (like mass, energy, color, momentum) and substances (particles, puppies, blue berry jam) is the subject of much confusion, it seems.

So, even though your logic would be faulty anyways:  energy != matter.

E=MC^2  does NOT mean "energy = matter times the speed of light squared." The M in the equation stands for MASS not MATTER (two completely different things).  I don't know why you brought that up and started talking about the definition of the universe.

The universe is one thing, it literally means "All existing matter and space considered as a whole," the universe makes everything, therefor everything is made of the same thing.  Everything is made of the universe, which is god, love, conscious, pure energy.

This is an example of trying to change the definition of a word.  You lead by giving the correct definition (note it says "matter" and NOT "mass") and then end by changing the definition to YOUR OPINION.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
▬▬▬▬▬
Rarity

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 12:39:12 AM

rarity, its obvious he's not responding to you because he can't play mary had a little lamb. I have a friend that is like him. He "plays" the guitar by spamming notes and moving his fingers around and he has no clue what its going to sound like.  He can't play the same thing twice and doesn't know what a musical scale is. He doesn't even know the difference between a whole step and a half step. Basically, he has no clue how a guitar even works.

I've heard danks "music." It sounds almost exactly like my friend's.  He obviously has that spam style where you press random things on the guitar not knowing what it's going to sound like.  

This is probably a coincidence, but hes also a lot like dank. He's completely retarded but he thinks he's a genius. He's terrible at everything so he sticks to subjective stuff that can't be measured like art, music, and philosophy.

I do not believe this to be the case.  Just because you don't personally find his music to your taste does not mean that he is not a talented musician.  Dank is a person with exceptional intelligence and musical skill, he will have no trouble playing a simple beginner's song. 

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
fgervais

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 12:39:56 AM

This means one.

Well the big bang is the creation from a single point of consciousness, and it's still going on today, but what I was saying here is that the we are byproducts of the big bang, directly made of and by the universe.

It seems to me most of you are arguing for the sake of arguing and not trying to grasp a higher understanding of what I'm saying.

Unarguably, computers all came from the big bang.

However, unless you add networking gear, they are not linked, at least in the sense that they cannot share their information.

At least I figured out why you keep saying that people actually working for a living and helping expand human knowledge make you smarter by proxy, under your model well all share the same know how.

In that case, your outlandish claims of having a 150 IQ is stupid. It would be an IQ of 100, since that common know how means we have all the exact same capacities, hence we all must be exactly on the mean.

IQ values are floating and are a representation of social averages.

Also, I think you took your test online, and you should know that such tests are heavily weighted towards the upper end of the spectrum to try to motivate you to buy their vanity certificates. Pics of the results of an evaluation conducted by an accredited neuropsychologist or STFU.

ITT dank tries to argue that he is getting smarter everyday while sitting on his ass mangling a guitar.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3055

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2012, 12:43:24 AM

Also, I think you took your test online, and you should know that such tests are heavily weighted towards the upper end of the spectrum to try to motivate you to buy their vanity certificates. Pics of the results of an evaluation conducted by an accredited neuropsychologist or STFU.

I don't think he took a test at all.  He states it is "over 150".  If I had an IQ above 150, I would proudly state the exact number and tell everyone who hadn't ignored me my Mensa ID.

He made up the number to make his opinions carry more weight.

Based on what I've observed, I guesstimate his IQ to be 90-95, just below average.  (It's not an insult Dank, half the people in the world have below average intelligence.)  Sadly, I believe he was smarter when he was younger, but prolonged use of marijuana while his brain was still growing has damaged it irreversibly.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3055

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2012, 01:03:03 AM

Well, I am off for the night to watch the fate of the Edmonton Eskimos.  If they lose tonight they are out of the CFL playoffs.  Sad

Dank, I look forward to trying to teach you logic tomorrow.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 01:06:15 AM

I'm not saying science is wrong, I'm saying we're both right...  What's wrong with that?

I took a test as a young kid, I didn't know the result until around a year ago, my parents don't remember the exact number.  Not that it matters.

If none of you are interested in understanding my perspective, there is no point of debating it, since I'm not debating against science.

Rarity

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 01:13:15 AM

A test you took as a child is not relevant to your current mental abilities. Marijuana use lowers IQ.  

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-57501243-10391704/smoking-marijuana-regularly-as-a-teen-may-lower-iq-scores-as-an-adult/

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
kentrolla

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2012, 01:14:57 AM

I took a test as a young kid, I didn't know the result until around a year ago, my parents don't remember the exact number.  Not that it matters.
It definitely matters. My nephew (who introduced me to bitcoin) has an IQ of 148 and his life will never be normal.  It seems kinda like a burden. He's always getting pressure from people that want to take advantage of his intelligence. He's smart enough to recognize it though. But, it seems like it would get annoying.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
▬▬▬▬▬
fgervais

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 01:20:52 AM

I'm not saying science is wrong, I'm saying we're both right...  What's wrong with that?

I took a test as a young kid, I didn't know the result until around a year ago, my parents don't remember the exact number.  Not that it matters.

If none of you are interested in understanding my perspective, there is no point of debating it, since I'm not debating against science.

This means one.

Unarguably, computers all came from the big bang.

However, unless you add networking gear, they are not linked, at least in the sense that they cannot share their information.

At least I figured out why you keep saying that people actually working for a living and helping expand human knowledge make you smarter by proxy, under your model well all share the same know how.

In that case, your outlandish claims of having a 150 IQ is stupid. It would be an IQ of 100, since that common know how means we have all the exact same capacities, hence we all must be exactly on the mean.

IQ values are floating and are a representation of social averages.

ITT dank tries to argue that he is getting smarter everyday while sitting on his ass mangling a guitar.

tl;dr your shit is so convoluted you're arguing against yourself on the IQ, but more importantly, you seem to think that you get smarter by bleed through, linearly.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 01:38:31 AM

I did not bring my IQ into this conversation.  Go back to the SA forums if you want to talk shit, this thread is not for that.

The problem is love, or truth, destroys ego, so anybody with an ego in the way will not be receptive of this information.  You all will have to find the truth for yourself, while one can explain it, it's up to you to find it within you and accept it.

Rarity

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 01:46:33 AM

I agree all this trash talking is off topic, can we talk about the real focus of this Bank thread as outlined in the original post?

I'm calling upon individuals to help support me as I, and others, share this mesasge of love among mankind.  I would like to organize a music festival, larger than woodstock, by the end of the year, and believe it is possible, with the conscious, united effort of humanity.

Dank, I would like to know where you are holding this festival and if no location has yet been chosen if you would consider the Tampa/St.Pete/Clearwater area.  It is a good location that has hosted many large events like yours such as the Super Bowl so it has appropriate infrastructure for large crowds.  The weather in this area of Florida is generally appropriate for outdoor events in December which may be a problem in other locations. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: