Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:00:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dank Bank Deposits - dank's soul is claimed! - New music Nov 30th  (Read 128824 times)
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 11:51:15 PM

Someone mentioned Tom Cruise? What I can't stand are organisations who take advantage of addiction sufferers - organisations like Scientology.

Yup, somehow an organisation that kills (Lisa McPherson, look it up, there are others), and poses as a religion whilst taking hundreds of millions of dollars from people isn't really in the position where they should be preaching morality.

Not to mention that they're fucking creepy, ever seen some of the stuff they do?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXBeXVbHh2g

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rarity

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 12:08:05 AM

Again, religious topics are in no way relevant to the topic of Dank's Bank, please stop trying to derail this thread.

undermining dank's success.  Nice work.

The drug abuse problems are the only thing undermining this otherwise stellar business.  Don't shoot the messenger.

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 12:44:22 AM

Ok, group effort, no more comments to Rarity.  She died.  Go.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
SMTB1963

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 01:01:51 AM

Again, religious topics are in no way relevant to the topic of Dank's Bank, please stop trying to derail this thread.

Isn't that simply adorable!

Like religion, drug use/abuse/policy topics are in no way relevant to the topic of Dank's Bank.  If dank has admitted publicly that he huffs cheeba, it is no different than Jamie Dimon admitting to drinking a martini (as far as running a business is concerned).  It's a non-issue.  Your fixation on the matter is psychopathic.

The drug abuse problems are the only thing undermining this otherwise stellar business.

Proof, please.  You will have to show that dank's substance use has had a direct effect on his business (as described in this thread), and his customer's returns.  Good luck!  (facts count, your speculation does not)
Rarity

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 01:07:07 AM

I have already posted the reasons there are for concern.  Drug addicts are more likely to steal, which puts customer funds at risk.  Drug addicts are more likely to miss work, which puts the business at risk when the owner is the one with the drug problem.  Drug use damages the brain and the ability to think, which makes it more likely an owner might make bad decisions.  Drug users face risk of arrest which could threaten the existence of the business if the owner is in jail.  Driving while under the influence also risk arrest as well as a likely chance of death of the owner.  These are all facts any potential investor should be aware of. 

Dank's personal religious beliefs do not carry such risks, and are thus off topic due to the lack of relevance to the business.

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
SMTB1963

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 01:17:48 AM

I have already posted the reasons there are for concern.  Drug addicts are more likely to steal, which puts customer funds at risk.  Drug addicts are more likely to miss work, which puts the business at risk when the owner is the one with the drug problem.  Drug use damages the brain and the ability to think, which makes it more likely an owner might make bad decisions.  Drug users face risk of arrest which could threaten the existence of the business if the owner is in jail.  Driving while under the influence also risk arrest as well as a likely chance of death of the owner.  These are all facts any potential investor should be aware of.

Yeah...thing is, it doesn't matter what drug addicts are more/less likely to do - since you haven't proven dank is a drug addict.  Your speculations don't qualify as facts. (hic)
Rarity

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 01:21:42 AM

Yeah...thing is, it doesn't matter what drug addicts are more/less likely to do - since you haven't proven dank is a drug addict.  Your speculations don't qualify as facts. (hic)

He has admitted his drug use and frequently driving under the influence, I need not prove what he has admitted.

Shadow383

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 01:25:58 AM

Ok, group effort, no more comments to Rarity.  She died.  Go.
Kay.
So, what are you doing with deposits? I understand you have your designs business but you don't need deposits for that, so what are you doing with them currently?
SMTB1963

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 01:33:03 AM

He has admitted his drug use and frequently driving under the influence, I need not prove what he has admitted.

Using marijuana and admitting DUI does not equal being an addict.  Prove that dank is an addict, or STFU.

Rarity, your story is not new.  Weak weak weak sauce, dude.
Rarity

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 01:42:05 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2012, 01:59:03 AM by Rarity

Being high 80% of the time you drive is clear evidence of addiction.  It implies daily use at all hours of the day.  He will of course deny this heavy use and dangerous behavior means he is an addict but that is just part of the disease.  

Here is what addicts in denial sound like, we've seen examples of all of it from him in this thread.  The rationalizing and democratic disease state being extremely prominent, in addition to trying to avoid and manipulate the discussion by trying to discuss random topics like religion. There has been constant minimizing of the dangers of drugs and constant references to how other problems also kill people which is classic comparing.  

http://www.tgorski.com/clin_mod/dmc/denial_checklist.htm

1.  Avoidance: "I'll talk about anything but my real problems!"

2.  Absolute Denial: "No Not Me, I Don’t Have Problems!"

3.  Minimizing: "My Problems Aren’t That Bad!"

4.  Rationalizing: "If I Can Find Good Enough Reasons For My Problems, I Won’t Have To Deal With Them!"!"

5.  Blaming: "If I Can Prove That My Problems Are not My Fault, I Won’t Have To Deal With Them!"

6.  Comparing:  "Showing That Others Are Worse Than Me Proves That I Don’t Have Serious Problems!”

7.   Compliance: "I’ll Pretend To Do What You Want If You’ll Leave Me Alone!"

8.  Manipulating: "I’ll Only Admit That I Have Problems If You Agree To Solve Them For Me"

9.    Flight Into Health: - "Feeling Better Means That I’m Cured!"

10.  Recovery By Fear: "Being Scared Of My Problems Will Make Them Go Away!"

11.  Strategic Hopelessness: "Since Nothing Works, I Don't Have To Try!"

12.  Democratic Disease State: "I Have The Right To Destroy Myself & No One Has The Right To Stop Me!"

Shadow383

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 01:43:04 AM

Mother of god I do love the ignore feature. This thread is so much less irritating than it was a few hours ago.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 02:12:52 AM

Being high 80% of the time you drive is clear evidence of addiction.

Please provide evidence that dank is high 80% of the time he's behind the wheel.  Thanks in advance.
She doesn't know the difference between present and pass tense.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Rarity

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 02:19:24 AM

Being high 80% of the time you drive is clear evidence of addiction.

Please provide evidence that dank is high 80% of the time he's behind the wheel.  Thanks in advance.

Dank himself admitted it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=93003.msg1157522#msg1157522

Only an addict would be under the influence at all hours of the day every day, unable to stop even to avoid being a public hazard on the roadways and exposing himself to arrest. 

Rarity

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 02:46:05 AM

Dank himself admitted it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=93003.msg1157522#msg1157522

Only an addict would be under the influence at all hours of the day every day.  

You mean this?

I've only gotten into car accidents sober, never while high, though not all my fault.  I used to be high >80% of the time driving.  I drive faster sober, though not as much recently.

http://asakite.com/11/what-kills-more-people-than-pot

So dank used to be high 80% of the time he got behind the wheel.  Do you understand the use of tense in a sentence?  Apparently not.

Please provide evidence that dank is high 80% of the time he's behind the wheel NOW.  Thanks in advance.

I understand tense perfectly, you do not understand addiction in the least.  It is an incurable disease that never goes away.  He was an addict yesterday and he is an addict today and he has admitted he still uses drugs. 

Every risk of addiction is still a potent risk for a drug using addict regardless of what they say about their current use.  Addicts are notorious liars, not because they are bad people but because that is what the disease does to them. 

Lying is so common among people with addictions that it is often thought to be part of the process of addiction. But why do people with addictions lie? And what can you do about it?
They Lie To Cover Up the Addiction

Although not all addictive behaviors are against the law, many are. Even those that aren't are highly stigmatized, even if they are socially encouraged in moderation. It becomes second nature for people with addictions to cover up their addictive behavior.
Tip: Don't take lying personally
They Lie to Avoid Confrontation

Although family members often find people with addictions to be confrontational, in reality, they often want to avoid confrontation. They rely heavily on their addictive behavior as a way of coping, and often do not have other well-developed ways of coping with the demands and stresses of life. Being confronted by another person is very stressful, and that is something they have a hard time coping with.
Tip: When tackling a difficult topic, try to stay matter-of-fact about it. Use language to reflect your own perspective, rather than blaming the person with the addiction.
People With Addictions Don’t Want to be Forced to Change

People with addictions tend to have a stubborn streak. Even though they may find their addictive behavior pleasurable in the early stages, intense persistence is required for an addiction to develop. They have to continue doing it despite unpleasant consequences.

This makes it very hard for them to handle criticism. They know first hand that what they are doing isn’t in anyone’s best interests, especially their own, but they have decided that it works for them, and they are sticking to it. Neither you nor anyone else will persuade them otherwise.

People with addictions can and do change, often without help. However, they do this when they feel ready, or when they realize the consequences of their behavior will continue to worsen unless they change. They will lie, often about the extent of their addictive behavior, because they want to avoid you pressuring them to change.
Tip: Try to give information that might influence the person to make their own mind up to change, rather than trying to persuade them to change.
They Want to Escape Negativity

People with addictions often see their behavior as a kind of holding pattern, hoping that things will work themselves out and they won’t need the addiction any more. A good example is the gambler who believes he will quit after one big win.

The last thing someone with an addiction wants is to be reminded of negative aspects of their behavior, especially if it is in a blaming way. Relationships can become very negative experiences for them if they feel constantly criticized by their loved ones, and so they feel they have to cover up their behavior all the time with lies.

Tip: Try to focus on what will be better if things change, not what will be worse if they don’t.
Others Often Go Along With the Lies

You know your loved one has told a lie. You know what really happened. But for some reason, you allow them to lie without letting them know that you know.

This sends one of two messages:

Either: "You told a lie and I didn’t notice – so if you lie again, I might not notice next time either."

Or: "You told a lie and I did notice, but I’m pretending to believe you – so if you lie again, I’ll pretend I believe you that time as well."

Tip: Either avoid discussing the subject completely, or simply state what you know happened, rather than asking questions and going along with the answers.
People Don’t Make It Clear What They Want and Expect

You hate that your loved one goes out drinking, taking drugs, or engaging in addictive behavior all the time, but you think they will dislike you or think you aren’t “cool” if you say anything about it. You reason that what they are doing isn’t really hurting anyone, and isn’t really that bad. You think, “I’ll wait until something bad happens and then I’ll mention it.”

The problem for the person with the addiction is that they didn’t even know you had a problem with what they were doing. By the time they sense disapproval, they are entrenched in their addictive behavior, and lying seems like the simplest thing to do.

Tip: Give feedback gently and early, preferably as soon as their behavior bothers you.
Life Without an Addiction Can Seem Like a Void

When people become addicted, their lives revolve around their addictive behavior or substance. Although they may wish to quit “one day,” for today, life without their addiction can seem frighteningly empty. If you don’t understand how this emptiness drives people back into their addictive behavior, they will tune in to that, and lie to shut you up.

Tip: Mention in a kind and positive way what you would like to see happening instead of the addictive behavior, preferably before addictive behavior becomes part of your routine.
People With Addictions Feel Ashamed

No-one likes being humiliated. And addictions often make people behave in ways that cause them embarrassment and regret. Having this pointed out by another person, particularly someone they want to think well of them, causes them great shame.

Many theorists believe that shame underlies the process of addiction. John Bradshaw, a recovered alcoholic who went on to be a counselor and prominent author, believed that toxic shame keeps people stuck in addictions and past problems.

Patrick Carnes, a leading authority on sex addiction, also considers shame to be the driving force behind compulsive sexual behavior. This view is supported by authors such as Susan Cheever, a self-proclaimed sex addict and recovering alcoholic.

Remembering that your loved one feels ashamed, embarrassed or humiliated by certain subjects, and particularly their shortcomings arising from their addictions, can be helpful in being more compassionate. However, going along with what you know to be a lie is a form of enabling that may avoid outward embarrassment, but will do nothing to relieve your loved one’s inner emotional pain.

Tip: Build up your loved one’s pride in areas of their life that are unrelated to their addiction.

http://addictions.about.com/od/familyrelationships/a/lyinglovedone.htm

Giving up the drugs is the only way to avoid the pitfalls of addiction, and Dank has not done so. 

We know that addiction is a chronic disease, now remember, there are permanent brain changes that occur, that last forever; once an addict, always an addict. So if you want to stay in recovery, you pretty much have to apply yourself for the rest of your life. It's like any other chronic disease, for example if you've got high blood pressure under control with medication and lifestyle changes, but then you remove the medicine or the lifestyle changes, the symptoms are going to come back. The same principle applies to addiction, you can go to a substantial inpatient program, but if you don't continue to engage in some accountable, after-care program, it's very very likely that the symptoms of alcoholism or addiction will come back.

http://www.alltreatment.com/rehab-interviews-physiology-of-addiction

Rarity

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 03:08:06 AM

I have not claimed he was high 80% of the time now, I have merely pointed out that only addicts get high for all hours of the day every day and Dank has admitted doing so.  Addiction is a permanent condition and he is still, by his own admission, using. All the concerns you would have for an active drug addict are on the table.  A concerned investor does not have the luxury of simply taking an addicts word for it that despite their continuing drug use they are in control of all of their faculties.

SMTB1963

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 03:18:24 AM

I have not claimed he was high 80% of the time now, I have merely pointed out that only addicts get high for all hours of the day every day and Dank has admitted doing so.  Addiction is a permanent condition and he is still, by his own admission, using. All the concerns you would have for an active drug addict are on the table.  A concerned investor does not have the luxury of simply taking an addicts word for it that despite their continuing drug use they are in control of all of their faculties.

Your claim is that since dank is a drug addict, Dank Bank is a (relatively) high risk investment.  You have yet to offer ANY factual evidence to support to your claim.
Rarity

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 03:20:51 AM

I have not claimed he was high 80% of the time now, I have merely pointed out that only addicts get high for all hours of the day every day and Dank has admitted doing so.  Addiction is a permanent condition and he is still, by his own admission, using. All the concerns you would have for an active drug addict are on the table.  A concerned investor does not have the luxury of simply taking an addicts word for it that despite their continuing drug use they are in control of all of their faculties.

Your claim is that since dank is a drug addict, Dank Bank is a (relatively) high risk investment.  You have yet to offer ANY factual evidence to support to your claim.

As I have said, Dank has admitted to using drugs for greater than 80% of the day every day which is a behavior only addicts engage in and  has admitted he is currently still using drugs.  He has admitted what I have accused him of so I have no need to provide proof.

If he would consent to regular drug tests from a testing firm of my choosing I would be happy to pay for it so we can get the documented truth out there about his current use of illegal substances.

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 03:25:03 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2012, 05:19:23 AM by CoinCidental

I have not claimed he was high 80% of the time now, I have merely pointed out that only addicts get high for all hours of the day every day and Dank has admitted doing so.  Addiction is a permanent condition and he is still, by his own admission, using. All the concerns you would have for an active drug addict are on the table.  A concerned investor does not have the luxury of simply taking an addicts word for it that despite their continuing drug use they are in control of all of their faculties.

Your claim is that since dank is a drug addict, Dank Bank is a (relatively) high risk investment.  You have yet to offer ANY factual evidence to support to your claim.

i would say it too

investing in a drug addicted person  IS a high risk investment

even if dank wasnt an anonymous  idiot who needs cars and mansions and crack pipe shops it still consider him more of a scam than an investment

at least pirate had the decency to fake intelligence with his scam ......
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 03:29:46 AM

I never said that Rarity, go back to 3rd grade and work on your reading comprehension skills.

Coin, good thing I'm not addicted to anything.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 03:30:34 AM

Addiction is a terrible affliction. Drug use itself - legal or illegal - doesn't have to be overly negative. Moderation is key.

What is also true is that prohibition causes more harm - drugs aren't going away, so reduce the harm by regulating them.

Someone mentioned Tom Cruise? What I can't stand are organisations who take advantage of addiction sufferers - organisations like Scientology.

I agree that legalising drugs would be a good thing. I dont think I would invest bitcoins with a drug addict though.  Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: