Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:51:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CON] PayCon™ HI POS | LiteStake | Multisend | TOR | Android  (Read 179109 times)
PayCon (CON)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 12:00:06 AM

Just curious

Why the need for new wallet code?
It their a security issue, or just want updated code issue?

Thanks.
 Cool

The current code is very out dated with issues causing fluctuations of 30-90% orphans. It uses an old Bitcoin core. We are wanting to eliminate the orphans issue, bring in newer features and update to later Bitcoin core.

I'm all for fixing the orphan issue and adding new features.

As far as updating bitcoin core, it was my understanding that no one has modified any of the newer bitcoin core versions for POS yet.  Are you saying that CON is going to achieve that and be the first POS with a newer version of Bitcoin core?

If not, what version are you planning on updating to?

I figure answers to these questions would be good for the community to know before they donate funds for updating the wallet.

As a matter of fact you are right, there was a misunderstanding when speaking with the other devs. Our sincere apologies. CON will use Bitcoin core .8. But hey you never know maybe we can make that a future plan of ours down the road eventually.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PayCon (CON)

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 03:43:36 AM

A swap would be necessary, we need to leave the bulky CON to rest in peace, but i would only like to see one if it's done in a good way, like using a chain parsing method, that makes it fair and transparent, allowing people to redeem their coins without deadlines.

We have been discussing the option of a swap to reduce supply. Thank you for your input on the method to use.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2016, 12:51:06 AM

A swap would be necessary, we need to leave the bulky CON to rest in peace, but i would only like to see one if it's done in a good way, like using a chain parsing method, that makes it fair and transparent, allowing people to redeem their coins without deadlines.

MuddaCresty fucked.. forked.. I mean FUCKED KaiDev. What makes you think he won't do it again ?

KaiDev, I'm pretty sure they were sent of a forked chain. The exchange is now listing COL https://btcltc.com/home/index/col_cmc

send of a "forked chain"?? what do you mean?

HELP me please!

i am still missing about 8 billions!!!!! COL, i send all ColossusCoins directly from https://btcltc.com/home/index/col_cmc to my COL Wallet

is btcltc.com SCAM??? Angry

about 8 billions COL unconfirmed!!! please give me some tips

what can i do? 
that makes btcltc.com not really reliable

Huh Huh Huh so bad   Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

PayCon (CON)

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 01:11:29 PM

We have decided that new wallets are the first priority. The CON wallet needs to be completely redone. New code base, new reward structure and new wallet design.
We are asking the community to help with the cost of creating the new wallets. All dev fund addresses will stay public so the community can see our transparency.
We will list those that contribute so if you would like to be listed send a PM with your name, amount and transaction ID.
If you would like to contribute please use the addresses below.
The total amount needed is $500 usd.

BTC Dev Fund Address: 1MpMdBWZhCQLc4tDxUmuRzwBudVVQg4snM
CON Dev Fund Address: PQ1EaFtr5yG3yHRcqNGro3NeL3WX5V9gG7

If you do not have any funds you can send but still want to contribute you can use MultiSend in the PayCon wallet.

WHAT IS MULTISEND?
MultiSend allows a user to automatically send a percent of their stake reward to as many addresses as you would like.
The MultiSend transaction is sent when the staked coins mature.
The only current restriction is that you cannot choose to send more than 100% of your stake using MultiSend.

To access MultiSend in the wallet: Tools --> MultiSend
If everyone sent 15% (4.5 CON) it would not take long to reach our goal.

Donations!!
CryptoHustler - 10,000 CON, 0.00043349 BTC
Woody20285 - 15,000 CON
CryptoTech - 0.00520378 BTC

Thank you to those that have contributed towards the dev fund. There is a small updated wallet coming that was funded by CryptoTech and CryptoHustler. This is not the full wallet update the we are asking funds for. Just a small one to let the community know that CON is being developed and still alive. More details about what changes have been made will be released soon.
SimonTower

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 11:31:51 PM

Thank you to those that have contributed towards the dev fund. There is a small updated wallet coming that was funded by CryptoTech and CryptoHustler. This is not the full wallet update the we are asking funds for. Just a small one to let the community know that CON is being developed and still alive. More details about what changes have been made will be released soon.

Do You have any ETA? Could You give any details?
PayCon (CON)

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 12:09:09 AM

New Wallet Details!

There will be a new wallet released that will help move CON into its next era.

The following updates will be made:
Logo updated to CON's new logo.
Themes will be removed. (New, more professional looking themes may be added later)
Old links will be removed.
Tx fee will be changed to 1 CON. The tx fee will be sent to the dev fund address. These funds will be used to pay for projects to make CON great.

PayCon (CON)

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 12:16:39 AM

Do You have any ETA? Could You give any details?

The dev team will refrain from giving ETAs because issues can arise pushing back releases.
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 12:18:57 AM

What exactly costs 0.65BTC ~500US$??
A new code base and new wallet design shouldn't be so expensive??

Actually, that cost is in the ballpark.
http://thealtcoinguys.com/coin-packages/

As for the orphan issue? Maybe has to do with the stack amounts for staking?
I had them in stacks of 450 and got mucho orphans. Re-stacked into 900 stacks
and most of the orphans disappeared. So, I think it may have to do with the stacking
amounts, more than to do with wallet issues. 450 stacks worked fine up to the beginning
of the year. Probably more larger stacks competing against smaller ones.

Peace, Dennis

Agreed. $500 is indeed in the ballpark. Its similar to what I would charge to launch a new coin for someone. It really depends on how much custom work you are having done too. If there is no custom work, maybe $500 is too much.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
Cryptco

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

BXT BitToken - No premine - Fair launch

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2016, 02:00:30 PM

New Wallet Details!

Themes will be removed. (New, more professional looking themes may be added later)
Tx fee will be changed to 1 CON. The tx fee will be sent to the dev fund address. These funds will be used to pay for projects to make CON great.

Whats wrong with you guys. I can't agree to change to LOGO to a PayCoin Logo!!!! Thats bullsh*t

And I love the PayCON Themes, you should add an option to USE also the wonderful PayCON Themes.
There is much work in these Themes!!

Should PayCon change the Logo??
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1526514.0

You didn't answer my question. What will be done with the PayCON Fund? I do not agree, if these FUNDS will dumped for BTC.

~CryptCo
PayCon (CON)

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 06:39:58 PM

New Wallet Details!

Whats wrong with you guys. I can't agree to change to LOGO to a PayCoin Logo!!!! Thats bullsh*t

And I love the PayCON Themes, you should add an option to USE also the wonderful PayCON Themes.

You didn't answer my question. What will be done with the PayCON Fund? I do not agree, if these FUNDS will dumped for BTC.

~CryptCo

The Logo is being changed to a more professional looking one. We feel that CON needs to be a more professional and serious coin. While PayCon was started in response to PayCoin, there will be a new direction that will get CON thriving again.

The themes are being removed for now. They may be added back at a later time when we have had a chance to update the themes. This is in correlation with CON looking more professional.

We are aware that some people will not like the new changes. We have posted questions asking the community their opinion, created a Skype CON community chat room and a Slake channel where opinions can be shared.

The dev fund will be used to pay for projects that benefit CON. If the CON funds need to be sold for BTC then they will be. We will only sell what is needed and it will not all be sold at the same time. It will be strategically sold as to not cause the price to plummet.
We do agree that collecting BTC to help fund projects would be better but as we have seen with the current BTC fund only a select few are willing to donate.

CON will not be successful if the community expects one or two people to fund all projects and get CON's price rising. CON has a dev team that is willing to work hard and make the coin successful but if the community just wants to sit back hoping to make a profit at the expense of others then CON will not be successful.
Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 09:22:56 PM

I for one like the current themes and logo but, in reality the logo and themes
are not moving the price of the coin. The enthusiastic development team and
ideas to get the  community involved will.

As a side note, when the call went out for donations, I sent 25k CON right away
without thinking of the fact that it would need to be liquidated for BTC, having
a possible negative impact (unless someone is willing to accept CON on the
bet that the development would increase the price). I think the post right after
I sent the donation mentioned the negative of donating CON. Will send a little BTC.

Woody
PayCon (CON)

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 01:22:13 PM

We have decided that new wallets are the first priority. The CON wallet needs to be completely redone. New code base, new reward structure and new wallet design.
We are asking the community to help with the cost of creating the new wallets. All dev fund address will stay public so the community can see our transparency.
We will list those that contribute so if you would like to be listed send a PM with your name, amount and transaction ID.
If you would like to contribute please use the addresses below.
The total amount needed is $500 usd.

BTC Dev Fund Address: 1MpMdBWZhCQLc4tDxUmuRzwBudVVQg4snM
CON Dev Fund Address: PQ1EaFtr5yG3yHRcqNGro3NeL3WX5V9gG7

If you do not have any funds you can send but still want to contribute you can use MultiSend in the PayCon wallet.

WHAT IS MULTISEND?
MultiSend allows a user to automatically send a percent of their stake reward to as many addresses as you would like.
The MultiSend transaction is sent when the staked coins mature.
The only current restriction is that you cannot choose to send more than 100% of your stake using MultiSend.

To access MultiSend in the wallet: Tools --> MultiSend
If everyone sent 15% (4.5 CON) it would not take long to reach our goal.

Donations!!
CryptoHustler - 10,000 CON, 0.00043349 BTC
Woody20285 - 15,000 CON, .025 BTC
CryptoTech - 0.00520378 BTC

A thank you goes out to Woody20285 for his BTC contribution!!
candlesticks

Activity: 345

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 03:50:00 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2016, 04:54:06 PM by candlesticks

Can the new developer compile their own wallets, or is this something that will have to be paid for with every update? I'm all for contributing, obviously https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=937480.msg11628368#msg11628368 , but only if there is rational reasoning behind the changes made.

I could care less about the 1 CON tx fee, especially at 40 sats lol. I do wonder if adding a tx fee might make people less likely to donate, and end up having a smaller dev fund, in the end. It's all a moot point if the dev fund just gets sold on the market anyway.
Is there any reason to remove the themes, besides the logo change? There was a lot of time and energy spent on those, and they were very well received by the community. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=937480.msg11805315#msg11805315
I don't see removing them as beneficial, maybe I'm missing something.
No comment on the new logo, although I haven't figured out yet how it could help our situation.

http://www.paycon.xyz/  Can you CON us? Try your luck at http://con-games.tk/con/blackjack Come chat with us on Slack
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2016, 05:03:40 PM

Can the new developer compile their own wallets, or is this something that will have to be paid for with every update? I'm all for contributing, obviously https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=937480.msg11628368#msg11628368 , but only if there is rational reasoning behind the changes made.

I could care less about the 1 CON tx fee, especially at 40 sats lol. I do wonder if adding a tx fee might make people less likely to donate, and end up having a smaller dev fund, in the end. It's all a moot point if the dev fund just gets sold on the market anyway.
Is there any reason to remove the themes, besides the logo change? There was a lot of time and energy spent on those, and they were very well received by the community. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=937480.msg11805315#msg11805315
I don't see removing them as beneficial, maybe I'm missing something.
No comment on the new logo, although I haven't figured out yet how it could help our situation.

Do I/we really need to spell it out ?

He/they are hustling you for some free and easy money. FFS..

Oh yeah, I didn't make it or nothing to do with it. Client update 5ltc with windows qt if you need it in the future.

It may be worth considering putting the pos out to 9-12 months but it may not matter.

If you need anymore done i can smash em out for about 12 ltc a pop.

Regards

BigVern knows his shit ! Just change a few variables and POOF ! You have a new coin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdOEgAG8PLU&feature=youtu.be&t=420

candlesticks

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 07:15:04 PM

You still crying about your failed vegancoin?  Roll Eyes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTog_NtCEio
Time to move on Cheesy

http://www.paycon.xyz/  Can you CON us? Try your luck at http://con-games.tk/con/blackjack Come chat with us on Slack
Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 09:24:23 PM

Hopefully, they are not just out for a hustle.
Time will tell.
junbi39

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 09:42:39 PM

Two new PayCON images:
 Cheesy

Cheesy such wow
much CON Cheesy
candlesticks

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 09:52:52 PM

Hopefully, they are not just out for a hustle.
Time will tell.

I don't think that, at all. I'm happy to see people enthusiastic to develop Paycon, it just seems like change, for the sake of change. If donations are going to be needed for every update, to pay outside developers, then we should try to update in a financially responsible way. Should also make sure that the masses will go along with it, cause the network decides in the end.

You should pretty much disregard anything hippietech posts. He has opened scam accusation threads, and continually FAILS to post any coherent material, that could even be construed as circumstantial evidence. Always a good laugh though Cheesy

dennislevy

Activity: 300

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 03:15:10 AM

Well Dev Team, I really think you should talk to presstab. He has indicated he is willing
to help you out. You need to discuss with presstab, what you really need. Like if you are
going to go with Bitcoin .8 core for POS. One of you mentioned you worked with the NET team.
Net coin wallet works great. I have had no problem with it, even when POS changed.
Also mentioned you knew how to code wallets, later changed on that. As for themes or
new graphics for wallet? Community seems to like the current ones. Personally, not
crazy about them myself. As for reducing current coin amount, I could go for that, but
not really sure how that is going to affect the price? Annual APR, really depends on the
new quantity. Too low not much incentive to keep wallet opened. Too high brings us back to
mucho coins and low prices again. I really think you should talk to presstab and get a real
idea on how much a newly coded wallet is going to cost us. I would be willing to help pay
presstab for coding a new wallet. I also would send BTC directly to presstab, as I trust him.
Done business with him in the past helping to pay for block explorers, including PayCon.

Put everything on the table as to what you want to do, have community vote on what aspects
they would like to change, or not change. Then talk to presstab on what it is going to cost.
Then let's move FORWARD!

Peace, Dennis

RiotMachine

Activity: 80

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 12:55:52 AM

New Wallet Details!

~CryptCo

The Logo is being changed to a more professional looking one. We feel that CON needs to be a more professional and serious coin. While PayCon was started in response to PayCoin, there will be a new direction that will get CON thriving again.

The themes are being removed for now. They may be added back at a later time when we have had a chance to update the themes. This is in correlation with CON looking more professional.

We are aware that some people will not like the new changes. We have posted questions asking the community their opinion, created a Skype CON community chat room and a Slake channel where opinions can be shared.

The dev fund will be used to pay for projects that benefit CON. If the CON funds need to be sold for BTC then they will be. We will only sell what is needed and it will not all be sold at the same time. It will be strategically sold as to not cause the price to plummet.
We do agree that collecting BTC to help fund projects would be better but as we have seen with the current BTC fund only a select few are willing to donate.

CON will not be successful if the community expects one or two people to fund all projects and get CON's price rising. CON has a dev team that is willing to work hard and make the coin successful but if the community just wants to sit back hoping to make a profit at the expense of others then CON will not be successful.

Could you post a BTC donation address and make it more public?  This way Con doesn't have to be sold and drop the price at all.  Just a suggestion.
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 »
  Print  

Jump to: