Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:06:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CON] PayCon™ HI POS | LiteStake | Multisend | TOR | Android  (Read 179111 times)
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 03:53:06 AM

The developers have ran into quite a few issues while working on the existing code and also attempting with a new code base.

What were the issues?

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptotech

Activity: 393
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 04:55:13 AM

The developers have ran into quite a few issues while working on the existing code and also attempting with a new code base.

What were the issues?

Concerning the old code it's basically just outdated at this point.  Initially the plan was to remove TOR to help with the current orphans issue but once in the code it really wasn't worth the work to go backwards with the code and then try to move forward with newer features.

Concerning the implementation of a new base code was moreless the lack of discussion towards the direction CON is moving. Eg. Coin-Swap or No Coin-Swap, type of POS algorithm, etc. 

My wording "issues" might not have been the correct way to explain it but that should paint a better picture. 

Also, to be blunt about my position is I am doing a lot of learning here as well. I've been part of Crypto for a few years now but never was a dev for a coin.  Was part of the Netcoin foundation for most of my crypto experience thus far.  I know quite a few programming languages; however, my weakest unfortunately is C++.  What better way to learn more though right?  I'm eager to learn more about coin code as well as help out a community in need. I hope this helps everyone get a better understanding of my situation.
FaucetEmporium

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 05:18:09 PM

Faucet Emporium has sent payouts, 6/8/16!

We hope everyone is getting some CON.
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 05:25:19 PM

What were the issues?

Concerning the old code it's basically just outdated at this point.  Initially the plan was to remove TOR to help with the current orphans issue but once in the code it really wasn't worth the work to go backwards with the code and then try to move forward with newer features.

Concerning the implementation of a new base code was moreless the lack of discussion towards the direction CON is moving. Eg. Coin-Swap or No Coin-Swap, type of POS algorithm, etc. 

My wording "issues" might not have been the correct way to explain it but that should paint a better picture. 

Also, to be blunt about my position is I am doing a lot of learning here as well. I've been part of Crypto for a few years now but never was a dev for a coin.  Was part of the Netcoin foundation for most of my crypto experience thus far.  I know quite a few programming languages; however, my weakest unfortunately is C++.  What better way to learn more though right?  I'm eager to learn more about coin code as well as help out a community in need. I hope this helps everyone get a better understanding of my situation.

Eh OOP is OOP, shouldn't have too hard of a struggle with c++ vs others. The struggle is probably more about the familiarity with the giant code base that the coins come from. What also doesn't help is how fragmented all the coins are with codebases.

I think a lot of the problem is that Crestington might have had partial implementations of certain featuers. And yes, adding the TOR thing was a huge mistake imo. It seemed to really cause the code to struggle, which is why I never updated my block explorer to that code.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
Cryptco

Activity: 655

BXT BitToken - No premine - Fair launch

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 05:55:35 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2016, 06:08:44 PM by Cryptco

With the issues now discovered a new code base is still the plan moving forward but we will be keeping the original chain so no coin swap needed.

We do not have an ETA at this time, but if everything goes well we hope to complete this in about 3 weeks.

If you want to follow the news and stay up to date,

join our CON Community Skype Group (https://join.skype.com/rpgzo9hbOUoj) or our Slack group (http://slackin.conslackin.tk). I will send 200CON to everybody who joins us for a minimum of 3 days

Estimated ETA 3 Weeks:

Nice updates!! Please implement Proof-of-Stake-Participation (PoSP).
I think we should change (the colour of) the new CON-Logo
This looks similar to the PayCOIN Logo, and we HATE PayCoin Wink

~~Cryptco
cryptotech

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 06:17:43 PM

What were the issues?

Eh OOP is OOP, shouldn't have too hard of a struggle with c++ vs others. The struggle is probably more about the familiarity with the giant code base that the coins come from. What also doesn't help is how fragmented all the coins are with codebases.

I think a lot of the problem is that Crestington might have had partial implementations of certain featuers. And yes, adding the TOR thing was a huge mistake imo. It seemed to really cause the code to struggle, which is why I never updated my block explorer to that code.

I think you are exactly correct.  The giant code base is honestly just overwhelming.  Yes, TOR seemed to cause a lot of issues which is not uncommon.  Also, seems like most users do not utilize the TOR feature even it is a feature in a coin.  I'm learning with time and we will get CON back on track. I'll keep you updated presstab.
cryptotech

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 06:23:59 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2016, 06:47:33 PM by cryptotech

With the issues now discovered a new code base is still the plan moving forward but we will be keeping the original chain so no coin swap needed.

We do not have an ETA at this time, but if everything goes well we hope to complete this in about 3 weeks.

If you want to follow the news and stay up to date,

join our CON Community Skype Group (https://join.skype.com/rpgzo9hbOUoj) or our Slack group (http://slackin.conslackin.tk). I will send 200CON to everybody who joins us for a minimum of 3 days

Estimated ETA 3 Weeks:

Nice updates!! Please implement Proof-of-Stake-Participation (PoSP).
I think we should change (the colour of) the new CON-Logo
This looks similar to the PayCOIN Logo, and we HATE PayCoin Wink

~~Cryptco

PoSP has been in the discussion for new code base.  It might not be in the first release of the new code base but high possibility that'll be coming shortly there after.

The logo was designed with the infamous PayCoin in mind honestly.  PayCon was obviously formed because of the scam PayCoin but I personally thought PayCon needed a more professional look rather than a guy pissing.  IMO this allows PayCon to stay true to the reason it was conceived while still moving forward with a more professional appearance.  But hey this is just my opinion doesn't count for much. lol
PayCon (CON)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 12:12:03 AM

Hello everyone,

This will be the official account for PayCon. A new OP will be released soon. There are just a few more details to work out. We appreciate everyone's support and will post updates as they are available.
SimonTower

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 09:51:18 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2016, 10:30:45 AM by SimonTower

Hello everyone,

This will be the official account for PayCon. A new OP will be released soon. There are just a few more details to work out. We appreciate everyone's support and will post updates as they are available.

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for PayCon.  Grin
PayCon (CON)

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 10:48:44 AM

Hello CON Community

I would like to open the discussion for a proposed coin swap.  In my opinion a coin swap would be good for CON due to the built up inflation.  There are approx. 23million CON currently in circulation.   I personally would like to do a proportional swap down to say 230k CON or 2.3million CON.  Also, the current avg. yearly APR is around 190%.  I would like to take this down to around 50%.  I believe this would be a good start to get CON back on it's feet while working towards a brighter future.  Once a new wallet has been released either with or without the coin swap new features and projects can then be started moving forward.  I have ideas of my own I would like to add to CON after the new code /wallets have been released but would love to hear from the community on things they would like to see in CON's future as well.

Your opinions and concerns are greatly appreciated.

Also, due to these discussions and important decisions please being patience for the new code/wallet release.  I will be working diligently to get things completed as soon as possible but do not want to my rash decisions when it comes to the future of CON.  I appreciate your patience and support moving forward.

CryptoTech

Please give us your thoughts on this as a swap is a very big decision.
PayCon (CON)

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 11:01:33 AM

I think CON should move away from flat rate stake rewards. A healthy moderate reward is 35% a year - 50% a year. I suggest adding some of the latest technologies I like that I will be implementing into my own coins and they are HODL and POSP.
Vegas

We agree that the stake reward should be an APR %. We have a couple interesting ideas that are unique.
PayCon (CON)

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 09:36:22 PM

Alt coins are used as an investment for profit gains. CON is not going to try and fight against this. We want CON to be an investment coin. With that said, please tell us your ideas of what you would like to see CON used for.
Also, if there is any project you would like to see built let us know.
Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 09:43:36 PM

As a long-time CON holder and enthusiastic supporter,
I appreciate the efforts by the team here. Thank you!
PayCon (CON)

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 11:32:45 PM

As a long-time CON holder and enthusiastic supporter,
I appreciate the efforts by the team here. Thank you!

You are welcome.
SimonTower

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 09:07:53 AM

Only 2 weeks left until the upgraded wallet. It passes so fast because the Euro Cup.  Grin
cryptotech

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2016, 02:02:35 AM

Only 2 weeks left until the upgraded wallet. It passes so fast because the Euro Cup.  Grin

Lets hope so.
PayCon (CON)

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 05:52:04 PM

Lets hope so.

There is some funding that is needed before new wallets can be created. If you would like to donate towards the development of new wallets please do so, PQ1EaFtr5yG3yHRcqNGro3NeL3WX5V9gG7.

CryptoTech is doing what he can to get the wallets done but we need the support of the community.
Cryptco

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2016, 11:06:25 PM

Yobit CON Wallet is OFF

https://yobit.net/en/trade/CON/BTC

Deposit CON
Wallet status: Maintenance

Cryptco

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2016, 11:08:28 PM

Lets hope so.

There is some funding that is needed before new wallets can be created. If you would like to donate towards the development of new wallets please do so, PQ1EaFtr5yG3yHRcqNGro3NeL3WX5V9gG7.

CryptoTech is doing what he can to get the wallets done but we need the support of the community.
How much do you guys need to get the wallets done?
Cryptco

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2016, 11:12:58 PM

Lets hope so.

You should ask Vegasguy. I think he can make you a good offer as a long term CON supporter.
~CryptCo

So the next step in the plan is to heavily promote our wallet compiling services. To bring value to fly, we will only accept fly. For those of you not aware, here is what we are offering. Its in the price of btc, and customer must buy equivalent of fly:

We are able to compile for the following platforms:
Windows 32 bit and 64 bit - .06 BTC for either or .12 BTC for both
Mac OS .1 BTC
Rasberry Pi .1 BTC
Android .3 BTC (Includes required backend server hosting, free forever. This electrum server is hosted at our datacenter with our lightning fast 1Gps upload and download speed on our own private fiber optic internet)

SPECIAL NOTES ON ANDROID WALLETS

There are 3 options for android wallets we can compile, and its important to know the differences. There are pros and cons to each.

OPTION 1:

We can create a typical android wallet that is lightweight and works well even on older android based phones. This is the "Lightweight,NON staking version". It does not stake (POS) and it does NOT store its blockchain on the phone. Making it lightweight and fast. Cost is .3 btc (Non negotiable).

OPTION 2:

We can also create the second kind of Android wallet that is better suited for much newer and more powerful phones like the Samsung Galaxy S4 or S5.
This version acts almost identical to the desktop version where it DOES have the blockchain stored on the phone, and it can stake blocks.
This kind of wallet does NOT require any kind of server and runs completely from the phone. The downside is it will drain the battery on the phone at a much more rapid rate, and it will produce more heat.
I cant tell you to what extent this version will drain the battery, or how much extra heat will be created, because each phone will react differently, so please dont ask. Cost is 1 btc, non negotiable. Paid upfront.

OPTION 3:

There is a third option which is the best option and that is to have us create BOTH. That way your user can download the staking version and see how it reacts with their phone.
If it drains the battery too fast, they can download the "Lite" version that does not stake. Cost for both is 1.2 BTC. Paid upfront, non negotiable.

With our powerful data center and lightning fast internet we are able to offer the fastest seed nodes and Block explorers in the world!! Here is the prices for seed nodes and block explorers :

6 months of block explorer .06 BTC
12 months of block explorer .1 BTC FLY
6 months of seed nodes .06 BTC
12 months of seed nodes .1 BTC

Purchase of both seed nodes and block explorer for 6 months costs: .9 BTC

Purchase of both seed nodes and block explorer for 12 months costs: .15 BTC

As we have 3 full time very talented devs, there are many other services that we offer. We also have 2 extremely talented graphics artists that can give your wallet a new look.

We can also code custom UI and custom graphics for your wallet. Custom graphics for your wallet will be accepted in the form of btc only and is at the cost of .5 btc - 1 btc depending on your needs. 1btc is the extreme UI change (SEE XDE2 wallet):

Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 »
  Print  

Jump to: