Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:18:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Next poll
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bullion (CBX) 'the Digital Precious Metal' | 2019 Roadmap published  (Read 359437 times)
Killiz

Activity: 750
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 05:45:32 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2015, 06:27:07 PM by Killiz

Congrats on the new shiny bullion bar BTCat, a very well deserved gift!

I was also wondering about the banner in your sig. Ive been wanting something like that myself CBX related. Tried using a couple of banner sites to put one together but they all spit out a code using image url's and they are not allowed on here for use in banners unfortunately.
Any pointers on how I can put one together or links to a guide? Cheers.

Thanks Killiz.
The banner is from a signaturecampaign so someone designs them. I guess you could get some examples from older campaigns you like.
There's a lot of links here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=615953.0

Thank you BTCat, was hoping you had put it together yourself. Followed a few links and it seems a little knowledge of html is required to make one from scratch.

Am doing fine! Loving Bullion so far, look's to be a safe bet and I would be interested in working with the team  Cool

We are always looking for community involvement! What is your skillset and how do you feel you could best contribute?

For one, I am very active, I am usually online 8-12 hours a day. Secondly, I have experience in preventing DDoS attacks (could be useful for a website, pool, node, etc), basic HTML, and I plan on creating a 0% fee pool.

Kyle, are you any good at making banners or signatures or whatever those things are at the bottom of BTCat's posts Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 07:29:46 PM

Good news regarding Cryptsy...

Seems the wallet issue has been identified and resolved.

A few keys from frozen malicious accounts were causing the errors on their end so they have been removed.

Should be good going forward. Thank you all for your patience.
Killiz

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 07:57:17 PM

A few keys from frozen malicious accounts were causing the errors on their end so they have been removed.

Great!! Thanks elambert! Fingers X'd my withdrawal goes through this time, let you guys know how I get on.
raizor

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

Some people just want to watch the world dance.

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 10:27:25 AM

Good news for sure Smiley Glad that things are resolved over at Cryptsy, and hopefully for a good while now!

Good luck Killiz. I'll wait for your word before I try withdraw.

cheers,

raizor
raizor

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 10:38:39 AM

Hi guys,

I've just been having a chat with Elambert on the subject of reducing blockchain bloat. He pointed me towards Cryptonite and their Mini-Blockchain project.

I've had a brief read over their solution and they are essentially discarding the contents of blocks once all funds in the block have been spent (sent on to another address). They retain only the block header/hash for spent blocks, which keeps the size of the blockchain file down. I had mentioned something along these lines to Elambert when we discussed this before and I still feel it's probably the best solution for us. I would like to offer the option of running either a full node (which retains all blocks in full) or a compact node (which prunes spent blocks and retains only the header/hash). We could also provide a means of incentivising the running of a full node in future (need to think on that some more).

I'm interested in your thoughts on this, or any other potential solutions that you may be aware of. Please share if you have an info or ideas.

On the subject of IRC Client integration in the CBX Vault Client, I've started work on this and I'm also considering a means of utilizing this for ad-hoc tipping. There will likely be instances where the IRC functionality is used to get technical support and assistance (from members of the CBX community) and a means of easily sending a small tip as a 'thank you' would be pretty neat I feel. I'm open to ideas on this too, so please feel free to share any ideas you have for this or the enhancements to the CBX Vault in general.

cheers,

raizor
elambert
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 11:19:48 AM

Also, request for the community...

For those looking how they can assist in a non-technical manner:

1) Research project for someone who has a little bit of time. Would like to identify the uniquenesses exhibited by CBX in relation to the slew of other coins in the market place. Ex: I know there were at a time a few different coins employing the Hybrid algorithm (PoW/PoS) but many move to solely PoS as that was the flavor of the month. Are PPC and CBX the only ones still standing?

2) CHINA. This was a major target for us back in the tail end of 2013 but we never quite made it. We want someone from the community to step up and band with us to organize translations and assist us in injecting CBX into the Chinese markets.

Lots of discussion points and opportunities here from raizor and my recent posts. Please chime in after you read through and lets get this train up to speed again. Starting it takes the most effort but once up to speed, a train is hard to slow down or stop.

elambert
Killiz

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 11:57:01 AM

Good news for sure Smiley Glad that things are resolved over at Cryptsy, and hopefully for a good while now!

Good luck Killiz. I'll wait for your word before I try withdraw.

cheers,

raizor

Still pending since my last post. Maybe I should of requested in smaller amounts I dunno.
Sent them a support message this morning, got the usual automated shrug of a response from cryptsy. Will follow it up when I finish work in a couple of hours.

Maybe someone could try a small withdrawal to see how that goes.

Edit. Here's the reply I got earlier.

Hello,

I am sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you.
The wallet was offline and just recently turned back on.
Your withdrawal should process shortly.
Thank you kindly for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Elen
Customer Service Manager
Cryptsy.com
raizor

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 12:10:15 PM

Still pending since my last post. Maybe I should of requested in smaller amounts I dunno.
Sent them a support message this morning, got the usual automated shrug of a response from cryptsy. Will follow it up when I finish work in a couple of hours.

I've requested a withdrawal of 20 CBX, Killiz. Will post back once there's some movement. I noticed earlier that Cryptsy had frozen trades globally for maintenance, so they may be doing some work that's holding things up.
raizor

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 12:57:32 PM

I've requested a withdrawal of 20 CBX, Killiz. Will post back once there's some movement. I noticed earlier that Cryptsy had frozen trades globally for maintenance, so they may be doing some work that's holding things up.

My 20 CBX withdrawal has completed and my local wallet has picked up the confirmed transaction.
Killiz

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 02:59:48 PM

My 20 CBX withdrawal has completed and my local wallet has picked up the confirmed transaction.

Thanks raizor, I suspect the scenario mentioned by Digit a few days ago may be the cause, here is an explanation I've copied from reddit.

"A transaction is a set of inputs that get grouped together and form new outputs (usually the target address you are sending to and the remaining amount in a change address for which that your wallet knows the private keys). The old inputs are marked as spent (and gone forever) and those generated outputs are the now inputs for the addresses to which they were sent.
You can have 'almost' as many coins as you want in a given input, but if you have lots of tiny amounts then it can take many many inputs to add up to the number of coins you want to send. Each input that gets included in a transaction adds a little more to the transaction size.
What counts is the size (in bytes) of the transaction -> so more inputs tend to cost more as a fee -> and eventually it's just too large to include in a block -> that's what happened to you I expect...
So, the qt wallet will take all the inputs it can see on the blockchain for the addresses it knows the private keys to and make them appear as a nice logical singular balance and in general it does a good job of picking which inputs to use for your transaction -> but sometimes when there are lots and lots of inputs it's better to pick the inputs yourself...
If you turn on coin control (preferences or options or something like that) then on the send screen you will see a button to select inputs. Here you can select which inputs to use and see the size of the transaction (in bytes) and if you have some larger transactions -> by selecting a larger one to use up most of the total you want to send and then adding smaller ones until you cross the total you can probably get a size small enough to make a valid transaction.
For cases where there are lots of transactions leading to many small inputs we usually run separate solutions to merge the little ones into fewer inputs with more coins in each one (mining wallets/pools/exchanges) sometimes with scripts and sometimes custom software.
I don't know why we don't have automatic consolidation routines (merge tiny inputs into larger ones in the background) in the normal wallets, but there are people that want to make it harder to trace transactions -> and while there is a little merit in that approach it does lead to awkward situations like yours at times.
"

I could probably wait until the majority of small imputs in cryptsys wallet have been used in smaller withdrawal transactions, and there is more meat for larger ones, as I believe this will correct itself in time if this is the case. But I'm going to ask them to cancel my withdrawal so I can send out in smaller increments and hopefully chew through a good pile of dust in doing so.

Killiz

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 03:00:57 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2015, 08:05:52 PM by Killiz

Also, request for the community...

For those looking how they can assist in a non-technical manner:

1) Research project for someone who has a little bit of time. Would like to identify the uniquenesses exhibited by CBX in relation to the slew of other coins in the market place. Ex: I know there were at a time a few different coins employing the Hybrid algorithm (PoW/PoS) but many move to solely PoS as that was the flavor of the month. Are PPC and CBX the only ones still standing?

2) CHINA. This was a major target for us back in the tail end of 2013 but we never quite made it. We want someone from the community to step up and band with us to organize translations and assist us in injecting CBX into the Chinese markets.

Lots of discussion points and opportunities here from raizor and my recent posts. Please chime in after you read through and lets get this train up to speed again. Starting it takes the most effort but once up to speed, a train is hard to slow down or stop.

elambert
Hi guys,

I've just been having a chat with Elambert on the subject of reducing blockchain bloat. He pointed me towards Cryptonite and their Mini-Blockchain project.

I've had a brief read over their solution and they are essentially discarding the contents of blocks once all funds in the block have been spent (sent on to another address). They retain only the block header/hash for spent blocks, which keeps the size of the blockchain file down. I had mentioned something along these lines to Elambert when we discussed this before and I still feel it's probably the best solution for us. I would like to offer the option of running either a full node (which retains all blocks in full) or a compact node (which prunes spent blocks and retains only the header/hash). We could also provide a means of incentivising the running of a full node in future (need to think on that some more).

I'm interested in your thoughts on this, or any other potential solutions that you may be aware of. Please share if you have an info or ideas.

On the subject of IRC Client integration in the CBX Vault Client, I've started work on this and I'm also considering a means of utilizing this for ad-hoc tipping. There will likely be instances where the IRC functionality is used to get technical support and assistance (from members of the CBX community) and a means of easily sending a small tip as a 'thank you' would be pretty neat I feel. I'm open to ideas on this too, so please feel free to share any ideas you have for this or the enhancements to the CBX Vault in general.

cheers,

raizor

Raizor, IRC integration, allowing users instant communication and support between each other will be an invaluable addition to the client IMO. With added tipping, all the better!

When you say 'The option for running a full node, or a compact node' do you mean the user will have the option of downloading a full node client, or a compact client? I feel for some users using laptops or older PC's with less storage, the option of a compact client would increasingly be necessary as time goes by.
Although I've been a PC user myself for many years, with the advance of mobile technology, I'm finding myself using my mobile phone more than I use my computer these days. Maybe in the near future a phone app would be a good idea so those who don't own, or spend little time on a computer can hold and use CBX too.

Also I had an idea for the Vault to maybe include a file encryption option. As it is a vault, maybe not only CBX could be stored with it.

Elambert, first coin I googled. Novacoin. Still uses POW. I pay little attention to most other alts, but when I have some time over the weekend (It's a bank holiday weekend here in the UK  Grin) I will try to find some time to dig a little deeper.

What I find unique to CBX is the fact that, eventually, when serious investment comes in when crypto-currencies are on the cusp of becoming a part of every day life, used by millions of merchants and billions of people. CBX will stand out above all others as an honest, fair and rare commodity, with a great fundamentals and a great history.
cryptobullion.io (OP)

Activity: 152
Merit: 112

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:34:54 PM

Added BTC address for CBX development fund donations:

Donate to the CBX Foundation Development Fund:

CBX 5oS6SK8411DUdxritrohRW96rZmHC9DX7d
BTC 1D1oyugjRQFAyJ9sRYBvWS2aUbJ9KnUsVG

Will be coming up with a list of projects with estimate time tables and associated costs shortly.

BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:51:13 PM

Will be coming up with a list of projects with estimate time tables and associated costs shortly.

I have 665 CBX left to spend or if you need them I send them back.
elambert
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 01:54:52 PM

I have 665 CBX left to spend or if you need them I send them back.

Hold tight for the moment. Working on finishing up a community announcement Smiley
FiniteByDesign
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 10:07:35 AM

Seems to be slowly climbing at Crytpsy. Just 6 BTC would double price/market cap.

BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 11:24:16 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2015, 01:55:02 PM by BTCat

Hi guys.

I would like to ask some assistance with ideas for the CBX video. It would be fun if community members can give their input and have some discussion going at the same time.

So I've gathered some text from the website as example. The script is most important to have done well since it will be the foundation. This is first stage (1.1 - 1.6).
Second stage is to gather ideas for visualisation, how to put it in pictures. Do we use text on screen or voice-over, what are the best illustrations to show when, etc. (let's call it 2.1 - 2.6)

Please concidder it should be as short and essential as possible. Below text fits in about 50 seconds but there should be room for music/athmosphere.
So anyone who likes, please contribute and thanks in advance. I've numbered the paragraphs for easy discussion.

-------------------------------

1.1 CryptoBullion (CBX) is a cryptographic secure peer-to-peer cryptocurrency that allows people to send money to anyone all around the globe. It was first introduced in June 2013.

1.2 CryptoBullion is Exceptionally RARE with less than 1 million CBX in circulation and 2% Maximum Annual Inflation. It is Interest Bearing, has Fast Transaction Speeds, PoW/PoS Hybrid Security, Active Dedicated Development Team and Community.

1.3 CryptoBullion is a descendant of Bitcoin and Peercoin but employs an advanced security model, which is more efficient and more secure. It is designed to emulate the properties and supply of gold while providing the bearer with interest.

1.4 [ A call for action ]

1.5 CRYPTO BULLION - THE DIGITAL PRECIOUS METAL!

Twitter: @CryptoBullionX
Exchange: cryptsy.com/markets/view/CBX_BTC

---------------------------------
FiniteByDesign
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 01:10:10 PM

Looking good BTCat, hope we can get some interaction going on this project - would be a good one. Also, perhaps target a Chinese translation version as well - I know that is a target market.

One suggestion I have after a quick read is to clarify in 1.2 the the inflation is maximum of 2% per year (or annual inflation). I know some get confused on this so never hurts to specify. I agree this is one of CBX strengths and a high point of interest for me personally.

Also, I received your PM and will be sending your bar out as soon as possible. I apologize for the delay with the forums being down.

Killiz

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 12:47:53 AM

Hi guys.

I would like to ask some assistance with ideas for the CBX video. It would be fun if community members can give their input and have some discussion going at the same time.

So I've gathered some text from the website as example. The script is most important to have done well since it will be the foundation. This is first stage (1.1 - 1.6).
Second stage is to gather ideas for visualisation, how to put it in pictures. Do we use text on screen or voice-over, what are the best illustrations to show when, etc. (let's call it 2.1 - 2.6)

Please concidder it should be as short and essential as possible. Below text fits in about 50 seconds but there should be room for music/athmosphere.
So anyone who likes, please contribute and thanks in advance. I've numbered the paragraphs for easy discussion.

-------------------------------

1.1 CryptoBullion (CBX) is a cryptographic secure peer-to-peer cryptocurrency that allows people to send money to anyone all around the globe. It was first introduced in June 2013.

1.2 CryptoBullion is Exceptionally RARE with less than 1 million CBX in circulation and 2% Maximum Annual Inflation. It is Interest Bearing, has Fast Transaction Speeds, PoW/PoS Hybrid Security, Active Dedicated Development Team and Community.

1.3 CryptoBullion is a descendant of Bitcoin and Peercoin but employs an advanced security model, which is more efficient and more secure. It is designed to emulate the properties and supply of gold while providing the bearer with interest.

1.4 [ A call for action ]

1.5 CRYPTO BULLION - THE DIGITAL PRECIOUS METAL!

Twitter: @CryptoBullionX
Exchange: cryptsy.com/markets/view/CBX_BTC

---------------------------------

Hello guys.

My 2 Satoshi's worth of ideas for video.

Text headers for each of your points with a voice over explaination for each in a little more detail.
Visualisation of an open vault with stacks of gold bullion bars inside.
Camera slowly zooming into the vault throughout the video until at the end a close up of of one of the bars reveals it is made up of a matrix of 1's and 0's. With a slogan at this point

Crypto Bullion
Virtually Solid Gold

lab rat hoax

Activity: 1030
Merit: 502

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 02:23:39 AM

yes..............less like a wallet and more like a vault   

elambert
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 10:23:47 AM

Keep the ideas coming guys please! This is a perfect project for the community to collaborate on!

One thing I would like to add is with regard to using the word 'virtual'. I think we should refrain from using this term even though per some of its definitions 'carried out, accessed, or stored by means of a computer, especially over a network' it is accurate, however, others can be misleading. Some of the synonyms that can be misleading (and I worry how this term translates for these reasons) are 'simulated, artificial, make-believe'.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: