Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:44:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Next poll
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bullion (CBX) 'the Digital Precious Metal' | 2019 Roadmap published  (Read 359431 times)
llildur

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:35:19 AM

Very interesting changes ahead, my question is, the funds required to make this changes would come solely from donations? or there are some plan to incentivize new investors to contribute?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FiniteByDesign
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 10:41:59 AM

Over 1 million blocks of CBX have now been generated. Thats quite a milestone.

cryptobullion.io (OP)

Activity: 152
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 11:15:08 AM

Very interesting changes ahead, my question is, the funds required to make this changes would come solely from donations? or there are some plan to incentivize new investors to contribute?

Yes, we are reliant on donations for project funding. These would most likely come from owners of CBX that have a vested interest although we hope as well that others will take advantage of this opportunity of a low price point for CBX and invest in some for themselves and also invest in the development effort to result in a net gain as we grow. The incentive to new investors for contributing would come on the back end of their associated CBX purchases.

FiniteByDesign
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 06:45:01 PM

I know that some had reported problems experienced with withdrawing larger amounts of CBX from Cryptsy. Just wanted to report I successfully withdrew a sizable chunk. Took about 12 hours which is certainly not ideal, but it worked.

cryptobullion.io (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:08:31 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2015, 11:54:47 AM by cryptobullion.io

June 1, 2015 Announcement – Community Support Needed

Please note that this is an edit to our May 29th announcement that has better streamlined the technical project plans and added in a new team member appointment.

First we would like to welcome VonSpass to the team as our Marketing Strategy Director! VonSpass brings professional experience in marketing and financial markets to the table and will be in charge of spearheading Crypto Bullion's marketing campaign (much more to come on this). Welcome!

Secondly, The CBX Core Team is proud to announce some ambitious development plans to unfold in the coming months. We are confident that when executed, these developments along with our new marketing plan will catapult CBX back into the top tier of crypto coins and redefine it as the premier crypto-currency/commodity that fully fills the niche of a distributed, low mint, low inflation storage of wealth – truly ‘The Digital Precious Metal’.

The technical portion of our plan has been reviewed and consolidated to 1 distinct stage (outlined in our to be released white paper), requiring a hard fork. The estimated time for development is 2-4 months. Our lead developer, raizor has the skill-set to implement this evolution of CBX as he has evidenced in his top-notch work already contributed to the project, but it will take a significant amount of his time.

We are reaching out to the current Crypto Bullion community, and any who care to come along for the ride to help in making this project come to fruition. We have set a target fund raising goal of 20 BTC (10 BTC for technical development and 10 BTC for marketing). This is a great opportunity for each individual to take ownership of the project and help to control the resurgence of CBX. CBX hit an all-time high in December of 2013 of over $5 per coin so it has shown the ability to grow 100x its current price.

* Hard Fork: 2-4 months development / Cost 10 BTC
Fork 1: Remove PoW completely. Fortify PoS Security by removing coinage and rewarding active nodes. Max annual PoS (2% per year * total coin supply) will be distributed among coins actively staking. (White paper to be released soon)

Additional Updates/Features that raizor has committed to:
a)   IRC incorporation into CBX client (update coming soon)
b)   CBX Marketplace incorporated into CBX client (tbd)

Elambert has already kick started the development fund with a 1 BTC investment. Our friends at Finite By Design have committed to also add a 1 BTC donation bringing us to 10% of our goal. Please consider supporting this project by donating to BTC Address: 1D1oyugjRQFAyJ9sRYBvWS2aUbJ9KnUsVG

We are excited to move forward with this project. Join us and lets take Crypto Bullion back to the top tier of crypto-currencies.

~ CBX Core Team

Kyle1836

Activity: 112

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 03:43:23 AM

Guess I can't mine it as it's going to SHA-256. Soon to be raped by mining warehouses looking to mine currencies other than Bitcoin to get their profit up. Most SHA-256 coins don't last in profitability long, but good luck!

VonSpass
Legendary

Activity: 894
Merit: 1064

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 04:03:40 AM

Guess I can't mine it as it's going to SHA-256. Soon to be raped by mining warehouses looking to mine currencies other than Bitcoin to get their profit up. Most SHA-256 coins don't last in profitability long, but good luck!

No worries, the only new CBX coins will be Staking rewards. Scrypt PoW was a necessary evil to fairly distribute CBX early on, but it is seen today as a costly waste of energy and costly arms race to buy mining equipment.

No SHA256 and no more Scrypt as per latest announcement: network security will rely on those who stake, and payout will be proportional to the amount of CBX present in staking wallets.
VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 04:53:42 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2015, 05:18:37 AM by VonSpass

June 1, 2015 Announcement – Community Support Needed

Please note that this is an edit to our May 29th announcement that has better streamlined the technical project plans and added in a new team member appointment.

First we would like to welcome VonSpass to the team as our Marketing Strategy Director! VonSpass brings professional experience in marketing and financial markets to the table and will be in charge of spearheading Crypto Bullion's marketing campaign (much more to come on this). Welcome!

We are excited to move forward with this project. Join us and lets take Crypto Bullion back to the top tier of crypto-currencies.

~ CBX Core Team

Thank you for the warm welcome;

I think it is still true in 2015 that Crypto-Currencies are the uncharted lands of the present, and some will represent life changing potential gains for those who commit themselves and accept to put in a bit of effort or invest a little money; CBX was created with a strong and sound ideological foundation and today aspires to become a major currency that even people from outside the crypto-currency economy one day will want to own.

The current CBX team is (has always been) very dedicated to bringing you the best possible software and network integrity to lay the foundation of a solid coin.  My job, as Marketing Strategy Director will now allow CBX to pursue a new, until now unapproached, dimension: all aspects that will make CBX seen and accepted more, first in the Crypto-Currency community and second, in the regular economy (where widespread awareness will be pursued, in good time).

There are many reasons to like CBX, our Crypto Bullion; but soon the inital community we form today will like it even more. To be fair to everyone, I hereby disclose to the universe that I am in the process of acquiring a significant amount of CBX, at today's basement bargain prices (thank you so much, to all dear sellers, for this unique opportunity!) - so you can be assured this stake will keep me committed and highly motivated to the success of CBX.

Today's opportunity: 200$ investment today buys you almost 5 000 CBX, which is 1/2% of all current monetary mass of CBX, again thank you all sellers.

Also, I have contributed my 1 BTC to our cause towards the development fund - sometimes you have to spend a little to earn a lot (tx d278930b30a25437ff3993e82ef8c395615667839f3bb8d5b601eace13cbd31d ). I believe this 1 BTC I am donating to this fund will come back to me multiplied many times fold. I encourage all CBX family members and believers to do the same.

I will announce shortly many new available marketing positions. There is much work to do.

cryptobullion.io (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 10:26:44 AM

Your point is well understood Kyle1836, thank you. The current dilemma with mining (sha, scrypt, whatever algo) is that what is best for the coin (high hashrate) is NOT what is best for your everyday solo-miner. The solo-miner however is the key to decentralization and the high hashrate is provided by mining farms that become more and more centralized daily.

Our distribution strategy is to favor the solo-miner and the concept of decentralization but if necessary for security, we could cater secondarily to mining farms. As was outlined, this would have meant to allow 25% of newly minted coins to be generated by the mining farm entities while the major remaining share of 75% being allotted for those who simply owned some CBX and kept their vault running to help further secure the network.

After some intense deep-dive discussions, the conclusion was reached that our proposed PoS innovation and implementation run without any PoW would be the best solution by providing the desired vault-like maximal network security, while removing the small fraction that would have catered to the mining farms and their journey to centralization. Hence the move to abandon PoW completely in lieu of Proof-of-Stake-Participation (a brand new security/distribution model created specifically for CBX). Lets give the full 100% reward for protecting the network to the solo-miner types who can mint coins simply by owning one, downloading the CBX vault and connecting via the internet - no mining equipment arms-race, no extreme waste of resources.

Of course until the point of implementation, scrypt mining will continue so feel free to take advantage of this opportunity Kyle1836. We are doing our best to keep you and the rest of the decentralized population in mind as we progress into the future.

Thank you for your involvement.

FiniteByDesign
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 11:16:33 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2015, 02:35:23 PM by FiniteByDesign

Finite By Design would like to assist however we can in this fundraising event and if no one has any objections, we would like to donate up to 5 1-troy ounce of .999 fine silver, unloaded  'Cryptogenic Bullion' bars (retail at $75 each plus shipping and handling) to be used as gifts for every BTC donated. (For those new to CBX, Cryptogenic Bullion (CGB) was the name prior to rebranding.)

A small batch of 50 of these proof struck bullion bars was created with only an inventory of 16 left in stock. They are rare like CBX itself and can be loaded with CBX by the owner/collector (10 CGB/CBX face value).

Basically will work like this:
1) Donate 1BTC to the CBX development fund
2) Have the CBX team confirm receipt, validate that it was from you and give f*D the green-light
3) Provide f*D with your shipping address
4) We will ship a CBX bullion bar to you!

VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 04:45:35 PM

We will actively solicitate investor help when we reach a certain point, and we are not there yet: before that time certain things have to be put in place.
VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 04:46:34 PM

Finite By Design would like to assist however we can in this fundraising event and if no one has any objections, we would like to donate up to 5 1-troy ounce of .999 fine silver, unloaded  'Cryptogenic Bullion' bars (retail at $75 each plus shipping and handling) to be used as gifts for every BTC donated. (For those new to CBX, Cryptogenic Bullion (CGB) was the name prior to rebranding.)

A small batch of 50 of these proof struck bullion bars was created with only an inventory of 16 left in stock. They are rare like CBX itself and can be loaded with CBX by the owner/collector (10 CGB/CBX face value).

Basically will work like this:
1) Donate 1BTC to the CBX development fund
2) Have the CBX team confirm receipt, validate that it was from you and give f*D the green-light
3) Provide f*D with your shipping address
4) We will ship a CBX bullion bar to you!

This is so cool! I want my bullion bar!!!!
VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 05:24:14 PM

Open CBX team position - China liaison agent

China is a big market in the Crypto-currency universe as we all know, and at this moment we are not really talking to them. I think we should work on CBX awareness in China: we need someone who fluently speaks the Mandarin language, who will help translate crucial parts of the website and also negociate with chinese crypto exchanges to have CBX listed there.

Please PM me if you are interested.
VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 05:41:31 PM

Open CBX team position: Russian liaison agent

Russia is going through economic hardship and the Ruble is under much pressure.  The Crypto-currency market provides a very smart value protection option for Russians so I would like CBX to extend its digital arm to Russia as well. My russian is not that great, so we need help to translate crucial parts of the website to the russian language, as well as keeping an online presence in Russian crypto forums.

дaвaйтe! нaм нyжнa вaшa пoмoщь...

Please PM me if you are interested.
FiniteByDesign
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 12:03:52 PM

Our 1BTC donation has been made.

VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 03:27:49 PM

There is a nice chunk of 2000 CBX asking only 0.00024453 or .5 BTC on special at Cryptsy. Great chance for anyone to get a significant participation in this hot market...

When buying at unfair basement low prices, to make sure you do not ruin your Karma always have a thankful thought for the generous seller.

I am leaving this opportunity to the community; in a few hours if these CBX are still available I guess I will have to oblige.
hf100

Activity: 68

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 03:36:23 PM

...... Hence the move to abandon PoW completely in lieu of Proof-of-Stake-Participation (a brand new security/distribution model created specifically for CBX). Lets give the full 100% reward for protecting the network to the solo-miner types who can mint coins simply by owning one, downloading the CBX vault and connecting via the internet ...

Roughly how long will it be until you swap to using Proof-of-Stake-Participation?

I have known some proof of stake coins to have networks that almost froze because nobody was staking. Are there new concepts in Proof-of-Stake-Participation that encourage people to stake?

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
cryptobullion.io (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 04:01:30 PM

...... Hence the move to abandon PoW completely in lieu of Proof-of-Stake-Participation (a brand new security/distribution model created specifically for CBX). Lets give the full 100% reward for protecting the network to the solo-miner types who can mint coins simply by owning one, downloading the CBX vault and connecting via the internet ...

Roughly how long will it be until you swap to using Proof-of-Stake-Participation?

I have known some proof of stake coins to have networks that almost froze because nobody was staking. Are there new concepts in Proof-of-Stake-Participation that encourage people to stake?

Right now we are securing funding in order to have the resources necessary to begin the project. We have 3 BTC so far donated so we are on the way but a bit of a ways to go still. Once funding is secured, we anticipate 2-4 months for coding and extensive testing before launch.

Yes, there are new concepts in PoSP that will encourage people to stake. The algo is ALL about staking - encouraging staking is what this algo is specifically designed for as this is what secures the network. Security is #1 priority. The last thing we will have to worry about is people staking, trust in that.

fredeq
Legendary

Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 07:18:47 AM

Official block explorer is down, please fix.
http://blockexplorer.cryptobullion.io/chain/CryptoBullion

https://whattomine.com - Check what to mine Smiley
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 08:23:42 AM

http://altcoinsfoundation.com/ site is Live!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: