Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:58:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Next poll
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bullion (CBX) 'the Digital Precious Metal' | 2019 Roadmap published  (Read 359434 times)
avariahb

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 09:06:26 PM

The third solution could boost CBX.
CBX would compete with the inflationary development phase of Spark.

However  you must be sure that crypsy will never return the coins, and that there is really no way to find the propiaitaire of the coins so as not to harm anyone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 01:27:57 AM

Why not invent a way to give back the coins to original stakeholders. I've lost over 20,000 CBX for example.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that BTCat

How would you propose doing this? One would literally have to track through the history of all the coins in the Cryptsy wallet to determine what the last address was prior to shipment into Cryptsy. As all addresses and owners are anonymous, how would one be able to determine which previous addresses were still Cryptsy and which were the last non-Cryptsy ones? It is a very interesting idea though...

as i posted a while back this is the main cryptsy wallet, if you ever had a deposit address with Cryptsy it highly likely it will be in here
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/cbx/wallet.dws?2930.htm - Cryptsy(scam) - 15.655377 CBX, 9049 known addresses

here are other known addresses that i was hoping would have been tagged by now on Cryptoid

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/cbx/address.dws?124197.htm - Cryptsy Class Action Receiver - 124,649.167564 CBX (unmoved since receiver took ownership of them, coins swept from 2930)

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/cbx/wallet.dws?107709.htm - Banx.io (closed) - 0.0 CBX, 55 known addresses
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/cbx/wallet.dws?123705.htm - Cryptomic (closed)  8.553224 CBX, 12 known addresses
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/cbx/wallet.dws?8245.htm - CoinEX (scam) - 339.165943 CBX 953 known addresses
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/cbx/wallet.dws?95022.htm - Crypto-Trade (closed) - 197.290188 CBX, 36 known addresses
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/cbx/wallet.dws?65213.htm - Coins-E - (scam) 12,675.897554 CBX, 221 known addresses

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/cbx/wallet.dws?94382.htm -Old CBX Foundation wallet - 503.358041 CBX, 52 known addresses
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/cbx/wallet.dws?125039.htm - Current CBX Foundation wallet - 28,217.735193 CBX (down from 90,000 swept into here earlier in the year, later 60,000 appears to have moved to the SPK ICO, comments from SPK devs about this? ), 1 known address
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/cbx/wallet.dws?129033.htm - SPK Quintessence dev fund - 186,866.538076 CBX
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/cbx/wallet.dws?127822.htm -  SPK Quintessence ICO escrow wallet - 0.0CBX (moved to the devs wallet after ICO completed, about 1 third of the CBX received came from previously tagged foundation addresses)

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/cbx/wallet.dws?98254.htm - Yobit 5,003.39733 CBX -  519 known addresses
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/cbx/wallet.dws?98857.htm - Cryptopia 20,807.4499 CBX - 854 known addresses

Bittrex also had CBX market in the market but I have no information with which to identify their wallet (requires a few different users who have deposited or withdrawn CBX from there)
Some screenshots from Cryptoid
Largest by Address count
Largest by Net worth

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 01:50:32 AM

The coins should be left alone, invalidating them goes against the spirit of cryptocurrencies and blockchain.  They belong to the class action now as part of everything else they seized, and the owners who registered as claimants would receiving a part of that regardless of whatever individual altcoins they had held on Cryptsy. 

There is no need to destroy and then make up for lost CBX as any sell off into markets will redistribute the CBX just. i would expect it would conducted in a similar manner to the US Marshall auctions of Silk Road Bitcoins, so there is no threat of a surprise dump, if anything it will help the market as those that interested in acquiring a significant amount of CBX at that time will be able to do so, or prepare their orders in the markets.

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
VonSpass
Legendary

Activity: 894
Merit: 1064

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 06:47:32 AM

Smart Action > Inaction

that has always been my motto.

I have voted to destroy the stolen CBX, and increase interest/inflation to match what would have been today's market offer in one year, still with PoSP parameters. This could save CBX, IMO.

Nice initiative!
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 07:24:02 AM

digit is correct , destroying the coins is a bad idea.

The Lawsuit against cryptsy is a Class Action, which means the Lawyers are going to be the ones to get rich.

You destroy those coins and the class action attorneys can say you deprived their clients.
In other words , it gives the attorneys cause to go after you , if they so choose.
Just recently the asshat attorneys are going after coinbase , in reference to the cryptsy case.

Destroying those coins won't be a smart move, it will be a dumb move.
But hey, if you do destroy them , I will get some popcorn.

Cool
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 09:53:11 AM

I do not prefer to see others benefit from my stolen coins, even though I may like the community.

And I do agree that cbx must watch out to not get hunted by the receiver either so perhaps this is only possible by finding agreement with the receiver.
For them those 124,000 CBX may be of little to no value.

Thanks Digit for your overview, it looks as investigation can bring us a lot of information in case we need it.

The options I suggest may not be cared for by people that haven't lost anything. But it's not just for a chance to get my own coins back but to repair the community
and the trust of the many people that did lose them. CBX needs their fans back and repair the underlying issues of why the price has gone down and why there's so little interest
to trade them. CBX is currently not in the race to be seen as a serious cryptocurrency and that saddens me.

For me option 2 and 3 are a no-go and option 1 does not help us in any way either. I won't vote on the poll.
malafaya

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 03:25:57 PM

I'm not sure who's in charge of the blockchain explorer at Cryptoid  (maybe we all are Grin), but it will expire soon: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/payments.log.dws?cbx.
m33
Legendary

Activity: 1064

Never invest with borrowed coins

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 06:16:53 PM

So VonSpass has stated that spk can't move forward , till 124k Cbx is resolved , we can't burn ! So what the hell can be done . Are we to sit and wait till crap shit is over , could well be crypto 4.0 by than . Time is money . Could some come up with a better idea .

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

YOUR DIGITAL PRECIOUS METAL 
PoSP | BNP Masternodes | 65 Second block time
Bullion MarketPlace

Cryptopia | NovaExchange |
Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 09:06:26 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2016, 09:53:40 PM by VonSpass

The Lawsuit against cryptsy is a Class Action, which means the Lawyers are going to be the ones to get rich.

You destroy those coins and the class action attorneys can say you deprived their clients.
In other words , it gives the attorneys cause to go after you , if they so choose.
Just recently the asshat attorneys are going after coinbase , in reference to the cryptsy case.

Cool

The legality of destroying coins is that, technically they are not destroyed - it's just that we switch to another fork where they no longer exist. The original blockchain where the stolen coins exist is still in existance, although not too many people will be staying on it - key thing is, we are free to do anything we want, as long as our actions are not causing a loss to someone else. If this legal firm who has current ownership of these coins stays on the old blockchain, they can have their coins, it's their decision. It's also our decision to create and switch to a new blockchain with these coins gone. They can't sue anyone of us for stopping CBX's support and creating a new coin, we are not obligated to support CBX in any way.

Essentially we are creating a new coin - CBX2 or whatever we choose to call it (name has to be different enough); but CBX will continue if people want to stay on that fork.

So these lawyers who stole our coins are free to continue with their stolen coins on that fork if they want, and we are free to switch to the new fork with these coins removed, or not.

Other aspect is CBX does not have a very bright future with this threat hanging over our heads; CBX also has a stubborn whale problem, but this is another issue.
VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 09:15:58 PM

So VonSpass has stated that spk can't move forward , till 124k Cbx is resolved , we can't burn ! So what the hell can be done . Are we to sit and wait till crap shit is over , could well be crypto 4.0 by than . Time is money . Could some come up with a better idea .

SPK is going forward, with or without CBX. I am getting a Linux alpha wallet pretty soon, according to the programmer...
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 11:29:45 PM

The legality of destroying coins is that, technically they are not destroyed - it's just that we switch to another fork where they no longer exist. The original blockchain where the stolen coins exist is still in existance, although not too many people will be staying on it - key thing is, we are free to do anything we want, as long as our actions are not causing a loss to someone else. If this legal firm who has current ownership of these coins stays on the old blockchain, they can have their coins, it's their decision. It's also our decision to create and switch to a new blockchain with these coins gone. They can't sue anyone of us for stopping CBX's support and creating a new coin, we are not obligated to support CBX in any way.

Essentially we are creating a new coin - CBX2 or whatever we choose to call it (name has to be different enough); but CBX will continue if people want to stay on that fork.

So these lawyers who stole our coins are free to continue with their stolen coins on that fork if they want, and we are free to switch to the new fork with these coins removed, or not.

Other aspect is CBX does not have a very bright future with this threat hanging over our heads; CBX also has a stubborn whale problem, but this is another issue.

LOL,

VS you are killing me.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Definition of theft

1    a :  the act of stealing; specifically :  the felonious taking and removing of personal property with intent to deprive the rightful owner of it
          b :  an unlawful taking (as by embezzlement or burglary) of property

I will get the popcorn ready.  Wink

Cool
m33
Legendary

Activity: 1064

Never invest with borrowed coins

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 12:59:12 AM

SPK is going forward, with or without CBX. I am getting a Linux alpha wallet pretty soon, according to the programmer...

If that is the case , I'm with the wining vote , what ever it take to move forward . As for ppl who lost in crapsy , I would like to state I lost 400$ in orbs , and I feel you pain . Tekcoin dev lost so much , he can't get over . And left the coin to its own device . I hope that will never happen here

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

YOUR DIGITAL PRECIOUS METAL 
PoSP | BNP Masternodes | 65 Second block time
Bullion MarketPlace

Cryptopia | NovaExchange |
Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 01:44:50 AM

Cool

Great idea, create a new coin and leave the toxic cryptsy coins on the original chain for whoever wants to stay there. Let people burn into the new coin, pick a new name, then onwards and upwards.
elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 01:45:28 AM

LOL,

VS you are killing me.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Definition of theft

1    a :  the act of stealing; specifically :  the felonious taking and removing of personal property with intent to deprive the rightful owner of it
          b :  an unlawful taking (as by embezzlement or burglary) of property

I will get the popcorn ready.  Wink

Cool

What Von Spass is suggesting is not theft. CBX is open source and would continue to run as it does now. This would be a consensus group that would switch to the new fork (including any devs that opt for same).
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 05:31:56 AM

What Von Spass is suggesting is not theft. CBX is open source and would continue to run as it does now. This would be a consensus group that would switch to the new fork (including any devs that opt for same).

Hmm,
If your update only targets specific addresses to be left out, your argument won't hold.
But hey, do what you want, but don't say you were not warned.

Popcorn is ready , Proceed with your fork.  Wink

Cool

BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 09:35:27 AM

The rightfull owners were and should be the people in CBX community, none of it was stolen before the receiver claimed ownership so that it could benefit people that were robbed from other coins.
It's like a robbery after a robbery. Someone get's stolen from then others steel from others to pay back the first victims, creating even more victims. It's ridiculous.
elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 12:01:18 PM

Hmm,
If your update only targets specific addresses to be left out, your argument won't hold.
But hey, do what you want, but don't say you were not warned.

Popcorn is ready , Proceed with your fork.  Wink

Cool

First off, nothing has been decided so no procession is in order at this time. What is occurring is a discussion and community consensus vote to determine options and support of those options.

Re: Theft - perhaps we are not doing a good job of explaining the proposed "destroy stolen coins option". I will give it one more try in the hopes we can all understand this better.

CBX will continue as it is. All of CBX currently in circulation will continue to be honored by the network (including Cryptsy theft coins). This coin (current CBX) is listed on exchanges and has a real world exchange rate today.

The proposition can be viewed as starting a new coin with a new name (like any of the thousands of forks of Bitcoin). However, the distribution model would not be mining or more traditional models, but rather would be in accordance to a snapshot of CBX network holdings (sans stolen Cryptsy funds).

So this new coin would be owned by all that own CBX (at same quantity) - with only the stolen funds omitted. The new coin would have to go through the process of getting listed on exchanges and would not be an overwrite of CBX.
cryptobullion.io (OP)

Activity: 152
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 12:07:02 PM

Language in the poll has been adjusted to better explain the options (I hope).

avariahb

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 12:56:40 PM

First off, nothing has been decided so no procession is in order at this time. What is occurring is a discussion and community consensus vote to determine options and support of those options.

Re: Theft - perhaps we are not doing a good job of explaining the proposed "destroy stolen coins option". I will give it one more try in the hopes we can all understand this better.

CBX will continue as it is. All of CBX currently in circulation will continue to be honored by the network (including Cryptsy theft coins). This coin (current CBX) is listed on exchanges and has a real world exchange rate today.

The proposition can be viewed as starting a new coin with a new name (like any of the thousands of forks of Bitcoin). However, the distribution model would not be mining or more traditional models, but rather would be in accordance to a snapshot of CBX network holdings (sans stolen Cryptsy funds).

So this new coin would be owned by all that own CBX (at same quantity) - with only the stolen funds omitted. The new coin would have to go through the process of getting listed on exchanges and would not be an overwrite of CBX.

If I understood correctly, by making the parallel with ethereum
Ethereum = cbx
Ethereum classic = cbx2 = cbx - 124k crypsy

cryptobullion.io (OP)

Activity: 152
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 10:42:42 AM

If I understood correctly, by making the parallel with ethereum
Ethereum = cbx
Ethereum classic = cbx2 = cbx - 124k crypsy

Yes, this is a good comparison.

Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: