Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:12:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Next poll
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bullion (CBX) 'the Digital Precious Metal' | 2019 Roadmap published  (Read 359437 times)
stariodine

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:56:05 PM

The project looks really nice, good luck dev.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:11:20 PM

Morning all

As the snow falls here in England I was clearing out some old documents and I came across the following I (believe) I posted a while back - possibly as a PM, its still relevant and certainly something I would like to see added to the CBX roadmap - so here it is again, open for discussion:

There is a fair amount of ‘super wallet anxiety’ in the crypto world, the issue being amplified when dealing with a coin with a limited supply (such as CBX) as at any time (most likely when the price starts to rise) a super wallet owner could dump their collection on an exchange and walk off with everyone's money, crashing the price in the process. I would like to believe that the majority of CBX holders at this point are in it for the long haul, the trouble is there is no way (currently) of knowing what a super wallet owner is planning to do in the future...

To solve this I would like to propose the addition of a publicly verifiable (block-chain based) voluntary fund locking mechanism for individual wallet addresses. The idea being that someone who has a large (or small) collection of coins can selectively ‘time lock’ a portion of their total wallet’s contents for a defined period of time; the amount chosen is then totally un-spendable until the period chosen by the user expires. This period could be weeks, months or even years but provides a literally unbreakable public, verifiable contract that n coins cannot be moved for x time. New coins can be still be transferred into this ‘locked’ address but not removed - providing a secure ‘savings’ account that can still accumulate the 2% interest but not be moved or spent.

The key to all of of this is making it publicly verifiable on the block chain, so if you were a new investor in CBX you would look at the total supply but also (crucially) you would look at the total supply that was still liquid/unlocked. If you are a super wallet holder (lucky you!) you could lock your coins away for a set period to encourage investment by others and perhaps even get a slightly higher rate of interest on the locked coins than on free floating ones.

Apologies if you have seen this before BUT as I say I still think it could go a long way to alleviating super wallet anxiety if and when CBX is considered a long term / stable commodity that other might choose to invest in Smiley

FR

does this mean that when we start a masternode for cbx, like power up of steam dollars, and when we want to release from the masternode need to power down, time frame like in steemit also

I don't think the answer is forceable lock down of coins. I think the answer is increasing incentive to accumulate and hold and punishments for rapid dumping. I have already posted some nice ideas that I know some other huge projects are working on too. If we could implement these then we would be top 100 bound very quickly.

sorry i might have miss your post but is it possible to give a link so that i can have a read what your ideas are , thanks  a bullion for the ideas

Well I didn't post them on the thread. I posted them directly to the devs since you know its cool if cbx could start developing them before others get the ideas. I only know that some other huge projects are working on similar things because the dev actually PM me to say he was doing so. That project is going to be a top 10 project at some point i have no doubt.

m33
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Never invest with borrowed coins

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 06:10:44 AM

Morning all

As the snow falls here in England I was clearing out some old documents and I came across the following I (believe) I posted a while back - possibly as a PM, its still relevant and certainly something I would like to see added to the CBX roadmap - so here it is again, open for discussion:

There is a fair amount of ‘super wallet anxiety’ in the crypto world, the issue being amplified when dealing with a coin with a limited supply (such as CBX) as at any time (most likely when the price starts to rise) a super wallet owner could dump their collection on an exchange and walk off with everyone's money, crashing the price in the process. I would like to believe that the majority of CBX holders at this point are in it for the long haul, the trouble is there is no way (currently) of knowing what a super wallet owner is planning to do in the future...

To solve this I would like to propose the addition of a publicly verifiable (block-chain based) voluntary fund locking mechanism for individual wallet addresses. The idea being that someone who has a large (or small) collection of coins can selectively ‘time lock’ a portion of their total wallet’s contents for a defined period of time; the amount chosen is then totally un-spendable until the period chosen by the user expires. This period could be weeks, months or even years but provides a literally unbreakable public, verifiable contract that n coins cannot be moved for x time. New coins can be still be transferred into this ‘locked’ address but not removed - providing a secure ‘savings’ account that can still accumulate the 2% interest but not be moved or spent.

The key to all of of this is making it publicly verifiable on the block chain, so if you were a new investor in CBX you would look at the total supply but also (crucially) you would look at the total supply that was still liquid/unlocked. If you are a super wallet holder (lucky you!) you could lock your coins away for a set period to encourage investment by others and perhaps even get a slightly higher rate of interest on the locked coins than on free floating ones.

Apologies if you have seen this before BUT as I say I still think it could go a long way to alleviating super wallet anxiety if and when CBX is considered a long term / stable commodity that other might choose to invest in Smiley

FR

does this mean that when we start a masternode for cbx, like power up of steam dollars, and when we want to release from the masternode need to power down, time frame like in steemit also

I don't think the answer is forceable lock down of coins. I think the answer is increasing incentive to accumulate and hold and punishments for rapid dumping. I have already posted some nice ideas that I know some other huge projects are working on too. If we could implement these then we would be top 100 bound very quickly.

sorry i might have miss your post but is it possible to give a link so that i can have a read what your ideas are , thanks  a bullion for the ideas

Well I didn't post them on the thread. I posted them directly to the devs since you know its cool if cbx could start developing them before others get the ideas. I only know that some other huge projects are working on similar things because the dev actually PM me to say he was doing so. That project is going to be a top 10 project at some point i have no doubt.

oh ok, wow thats so exciting could you pm me too, really like to know what that is about, but if you have to kill me after please dont lolol

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

YOUR DIGITAL PRECIOUS METAL 
PoSP | BNP Masternodes | 65 Second block time
Bullion MarketPlace

Cryptopia | NovaExchange |
Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
VonSpass
Legendary

Activity: 894
Merit: 1064

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:13:42 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2017, 09:05:08 AM by VonSpass

Roadmap 2017-2018 status report!

Has anyone noticed what just appeared at the CBX block explorer today?

As announced earlier, we have found the culprit in the hashing problem and have been able to fully sync the new codebase Vault 3.0.0 (without any help, without a bootstrap), and run it side by side with the other Crypto Bullion nodes on the network; this part of the job is finally a done deal!

I know I have been promising an alpha test release for the longuest time, and accordingly we will have something we need to test out soon - what we need to test at different locations is making sure this new codebase will sync without any issues everywhere, just like it did here; and while we are here you will be able to experience firsthand and comment on the new interface (albeit still being worked on). Stay tuned for this.

What is technically left to do until we Vault 3.0.0 is complete?   Windows compilation, support for PoW miner (for testnet only!), create a file to manage the map of block mutex, addition, suppression, check, etc...;
 Migrate current codebase to Zerocoin, pictures update, implement a better startup system for masternodes, implement a Qt Wallet launcher, add the hardfork logic in the code, add a customizable message in the Qt wallet.
On protocol switch (hardfork) activation, change VerifyScript2 to VerifyScript.

Things are definitely moving, but we are not finished yet; most importantly, we did not lose too much time with the hashing issue.
jcarl987

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:35:24 AM

This is awesome news! Thanks so much for all your hard work.

Killiz

Activity: 750
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:33:44 PM

As announced earlier, we have found the culprit in the hashing problem and have been able to fully sync the new codebase Vault 3.0.0 (without any help, without a bootstrap), and run it side by side with the other Crypto Bullion nodes on the network; this part of the job is finally a done deal!

I know I have been promising an alpha test release for the longuest time, and accordingly we will have something we need to test out soon - what we need to test at different locations is making sure this new codebase will sync without any issues everywhere, just like it did here; and while we are here you will be able to experience firsthand and comment on the new interface (albeit still being worked on). Stay tuned for this.

What is technically left to do until we Vault 3.0.0 is complete?   Windows compilation, support for PoW miner (for testnet only!), create a file to manage the map of block mutex, addition, suppression, check, etc...;
 Migrate current codebase to Zerocoin, pictures update, implement a better startup system for masternodes, implement a Qt Wallet launcher, add the hardfork logic in the code, add a customizable message in the Qt wallet.

Things are definitely moving, but we are not finished yet; most importantly, we did not lose too much time with the hashing issue.

Awesome news!

Its good to see there's a definitive goal in sight.

Apologies to the dev team for my earlier criticisms. Born of frustration  Sad
pedrillo0

Activity: 1732
Merit: 502

Nada y Tú?

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:13:19 PM

Thanks for the update Ben.

Sent to all communities this great news ... Cheesy
VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:12:16 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2017, 08:35:01 AM by VonSpass

Awesome news!

Its good to see there's a definitive goal in sight.

Apologies to the dev team for my earlier criticisms. Born of frustration  Sad

No need to apologize! This thread is where Bullionaires exchange ideas, always in a civilized way. Something to appreciate in this crypto sphere...
cryptobullion.io (OP)

Activity: 152
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:45:09 PM

Poll removed due to no longer being relevant. Long live CBX!

mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:07:42 PM

Poll removed due to no longer being relevant. Long live CBX!

But i can not see Vault 3.0 in https://chainz.cryptoid.info/cbx/#!network
Still have :

Sub-version   Protocol   Count   Network Share
/Vault:2.4.3/   node list   60010   62   96.9 %   96.9 %
/Vault:2.4.0/   node list   60010   1   1.6 %   98.4 %
/Vault:2.4.2/   node list   60010   1   1.6 %   100.0 %
Why?
VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:45:05 PM

But i can not see Vault 3.0 in https://chainz.cryptoid.info/cbx/#!network
Still have :

Sub-version   Protocol   Count   Network Share
/Vault:2.4.3/   node list   60010   62   96.9 %   96.9 %
/Vault:2.4.0/   node list   60010   1   1.6 %   98.4 %
/Vault:2.4.2/   node list   60010   1   1.6 %   100.0 %
Why?

Vault 3.0.0 was seen on the network as it was running a test: we were making sure it would sync by itself. Now that this test is complete, more things need to be worked on so it won't necessarily be online at all times.
VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:24:43 PM

End of sparktokens ICO CBX refund period

I have been notified that there are still some Quintessence ICO investors who have not claimed yet their CBX contribution back from that ICO which did not gather enough CBX for development. While what is left is only a small percentage of the total ICO contribution, we don't want to make people who want their CBX to lose it.  There was ample time for SPK contributors to answer back to the email which was sent to all and claim their CBX but this claim period will now close in 30 days, starting today. After this 30 day period is over, it will not be possible to claim ICO CBX and the leftover CBX from the ICO shall be transfered to Foundation and used for development and bounties. To make a claim now, the best way is to reply to the official email which was sent to you (none bounced back) using that same address which was entered in the ICO program; otherwise please write to me by PM, here in Bitcointalk, and please provide your email address that you had given at ICO time and we will proceed to verify your credentials.

End of sparktokens ICO CBX refund period today

This period for claiming back any unclaimed CBX from the failed Quintessence ICO will end today, December 14th 2017.
VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:32:53 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2017, 08:13:20 PM by VonSpass

Nice surge in Crypto Bullion nodes from Japan, which is a positive sign of things to come. Welcome to Japanese Bullionaires 本当にようこそ!

Also, dev team needs some help to properly serve the japanese crypto market, if you are from Japan or if you know the japanese crypto industry please contact me by PM.
elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:44:20 PM

Nice surge in Crypto Bullion nodes from Japan, which is a positive sign of things to come. Welcome to Japanese Bullionaires 本当にようこそ!

Also, dev team needs some help to properly serve the japanese crypto market, if you are from Japan or if you know the japanese crypto industry please contact me by PM.

Very interesting, welcome!
Killiz

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:51:28 AM

Very interesting, welcome!

Welcome Japan.

18 Japanese vaults online now.

Any update on Vault 3.0?
Killiz

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:07:16 AM

Anyone think we need a new logo?

I'll give 50 CBX to the best logo anyone can come up with, whether the dev team uses it or not.

Current logo looks either like the end of a penis, or the view from a voyeur toilet spy cam. Never liked it.

So... 50CBX for a bit of logo fun?
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:17:40 AM

I'll give 50 CBX to the best logo anyone can come up with, whether the dev team uses it or not.

Current logo looks either like the end of a penis, or the view from a voyeur toilet spy cam. Never liked it.

Kind of guess we do. Especially as we are no longer cgb but cbx

Although kinda liked the colours and metal effect like bullion.

VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:51:46 AM

I didn't quite see it like that (!), but why not modernise the logo to make it reflect a whole financial system rather than just a 'coin'.

I wanted to be platinum instead of the usual gold for Vault 3.0.0 - we can still incorporate the idea of platinum in a more corporate looking logo.

A friend is interested to help out, thanks to your generous offer...

PS. 日本からの人々、私はあなたの返答を待っています。
m33
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Never invest with borrowed coins

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 09:20:47 AM

omg we need to start reading Japanese now, glad my twitter help we grow by almost 200 members for the short time that i was on it

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

YOUR DIGITAL PRECIOUS METAL 
PoSP | BNP Masternodes | 65 Second block time
Bullion MarketPlace

Cryptopia | NovaExchange |
Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:01:21 PM

I didn't quite see it like that (!), but why not modernise the logo to make it reflect a whole financial system rather than just a 'coin'.

I wanted to be platinum instead of the usual gold for Vault 3.0.0 - we can still incorporate the idea of platinum in a more corporate looking logo.

A friend is interested to help out, thanks to your generous offer...

PS. 日本からの人々、私はあなたの返答を待っています。

A new logo could be interesting, I will put in 50 CBX on this as well...
Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: