Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:19:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SMAC - Accounts have been suspended project closed  (Read 65797 times)
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 02:53:54 PM

No surprise (of course) but the delisting threat has returned and no surprise the devs continue to be AWOL.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 06:32:40 PM

Since the devs don't even have the decency to show their faces here it might be useful for us to discuss amongst ourselves some solutions to the current issues. 

Someone suggested a community takeover previously - I'm not sure how that would work given the inability to access the developers.  Perhaps the source code could be used to create a new fork?  Unfortunately I don't have the coding knowledge or expertise to know how viable this would be. 

Obviously a community takeover would mean a separation from any revenue derived from the Social Media accounts that the devs control.  I suppose this illustrates the problems of centralised control pretty well.  With delisting imminent and the ever shrinking buy back revenue that was being provided it was ultimately useless (no volume=no exchange=no buyback) - which had been one of the reasons people such as myself kept pushing the agenda of doing something to increase volume.

A takeover would need to address the question of utility, volume and ultimately if there would be any actual point in doing this.  The social media advertising idea still has some merit and could still work but could it be reintegrated or incorporated in some way with a post community takeover coin?  For one thing I think it would be best to rebrand to a new name like SMART - Social Media Advertising and Related Technologies - it would help differentiate the new coin.  (I'll refer to the takeover coin as SMART to avoid confusion.)

As for other changes one idea I have is of integrating advertising into the wallet clients, including a new mobile wallet (once developed).  Though this would be accessing a niche audience as a target (i.e. those who are interested in or hold cryptocurrencies) for certain types of advertising (e.g. tech related) it might actually be quite valuable to the right companies. 

The mobile wallet would require new development and would be a combined wallet for Bitcoin (and perhaps Litecoin) as well as SMART, with the aim of getting non-SMART users using it for their mobile BTC transactions.  This would both grow the audience for advertising too as well as creating free advertising for SMART.  Obviously in order to do this the wallet would need to be as good if not better than the current mobile solutions for Bitcoin - not an easy task (perhaps not even possible). Eventually the wallet could grow to incorporate the top 10 (or however many you want) cryptocurrencies.

Furthermore I would suggest using advertising revenues to fund development of SMART and the multi-mobile wallet rather than buying back coins or burning them.  Instead volume could be created by allowing advertisers to buy ads at a discount using SMART.  I would also suggest looking into integration with SHAPESHIFT.io as a matter of urgency once volume is re-established.

Anyway these are just suggestions and may be limited by my lack of knowledge so I would love to hear what others think and what other or alternative suggestions they may have.
penoze
Legendary

Activity: 1235
Merit: 1003

https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 02:04:11 PM

Nobody is buying...

Looks like this is really over in a few days.
Zero volume with a delisting warning....

Smac-Team still here of did they really leave the project.

Hope they get a word out soon....

Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 02:21:55 PM

Nobody is buying...

Looks like this is really over in a few days.
Zero volume with a delisting warning....

Smac-Team still here of did they really leave the project.

Hope they get a word out soon....

Well only a fool would buy a coin with no developers and hence no future.  We don't know for sure what happened because the developers don't have the balls to come on here and tell us anything.  Right now the only thing that can be done is some kind of community takeover - hence my previous post.
wurstgelee

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:44:06 PM

the game plan for the devs at this stage is probably just to let the coin get delisted. they win, you all lose.

Probably.

However, I decided that I don't let them silently bury SMAC that way, at least not yet. I want to see what happens at the end of the month.
Two weeks of bittrex added. :p

dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 04:43:10 AM

This could be wishful thinking but just hear me out..we have here a coin with a very small total coin cap, the distribution was not good, do you think it possible that the devs went silent only to drop a bombshell latter hoping that the large holders like myself had dumped and moved on ?
probably not but it's food for thought, the website is still up and running that needs to be paid for does it not?
anyways im still holding haven't dumped any at all, crypto is a gamble 90% of the time, if you want a sure thing check out SDC..im not shilling or spamming im doing you a favor it's seriously the best product not just in altcoins but in crypto in general it is better then BTC in every way all it lacks is adoption come help out with adoption, just check it out at least, it has a proven track record of honesty and the team working on it is the best in the business.
p.s i was buying BTC at below $1 i know a thing or 2
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 04:46:11 AM

just check this out, do a virus scan first if you don't trust me http://shadow.cash/ tell me that don't look amazing, and it's all real..very real
Clminer

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 02:57:46 PM

This could be wishful thinking but just hear me out..we have here a coin with a very small total coin cap, the distribution was not good, do you think it possible that the devs went silent only to drop a bombshell latter hoping that the large holders like myself had dumped and moved on ?
probably not but it's food for thought, the website is still up and running that needs to be paid for does it not?
anyways im still holding haven't dumped any at all, crypto is a gamble 90% of the time, if you want a sure thing check out SDC..im not shilling or spamming im doing you a favor it's seriously the best product not just in altcoins but in crypto in general it is better then BTC in every way all it lacks is adoption come help out with adoption, just check it out at least, it has a proven track record of honesty and the team working on it is the best in the business.

I am still holding, havent sold any....just waiting whats going to happen.  Wink
Penn.3D

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 03:56:26 PM

Holy shite dadon....you were buying btc at below a DOLLAR!!!?Huh  Shocked

dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 10:26:33 PM

I am still holding, havent sold any....just waiting whats going to happen.  Wink
Better then dumping for nothing,the crypto jungle is a crazy place you never know whats up the sleeve.
Quote from: Penn.3D
[/quote

Holy shite dadon....you were buying btc at below a DOLLAR!!!?Huh  Shocked

sure was brother we used to buy it via western union i bought thousands!! hahaha but lost most of them, but im still here chasing the dream, i'll get there one day.
odyjm

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 08:08:52 AM

We will get delisted tomorrow on Bittrex. Go see. We don't have enough volume.
foxkyu

Activity: 938

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 08:16:22 AM

No. This coin will not get delisted from trex
look at this
one week volume trading was BTC2.1411, so it's not going to be delisted you should watch chart before comment  Wink
wurstgelee

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 08:28:21 AM

No, it won't. Read my post from earlier this week.

Edit:

the game plan for the devs at this stage is probably just to let the coin get delisted. they win, you all lose.

Probably.

However, I decided that I don't let them silently bury SMAC that way, at least not yet. I want to see what happens at the end of the month.

Translation: Enough volume for one week was generated. Smiley

Penn.3D

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 11:40:46 AM

Something else to keep in mind.....

Yes I sold 1.8 btc to the devs, but rather than run with that money, I immediately put it up as buy support for SMAC.

Point is, I had good intentions....I just definitely played my cards wrong.

Ok, i'll shut up now.
Relax not a big deal, you needed to be sure, now you are  

Ummm.....that is what you call a D-E-L-A-Y-E-D reaction!  Tongue  (you do realize that you are replying to a post that I posted on June 2nd, right?  Huh)
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 09:54:08 PM

Thanks for doing that but I fear that it might be wasted BTC (unless you bought from yourself in which case it would be a smaller amount of wasted BTC).  I've virtually given up on this now.  Some kind of miracle (from the devs) would be required to turn this around.
wurstgelee

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 10:31:40 AM

Thanks for doing that but I fear that it might be wasted BTC (unless you bought from yourself in which case it would be a smaller amount of wasted BTC).  I've virtually given up on this now.  Some kind of miracle (from the devs) would be required to turn this around.

Minimal costs. Wink

nara1892

Activity: 1610
Merit: 686

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 12:28:25 PM

Dev .. buy back again please  Cry

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Galangeka

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:02:18 PM

so I do not get a lot of money gaese
penoze
Legendary

Activity: 1235
Merit: 1003

https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 09:21:51 AM

I am not quite sure why you all are freaking out we have done everything we have promised thus far we have not sold ANY OF OUR COINS and continue to execute the back buys every month AS PROMISED. The forum/marketplace is still under development as stated in the  last newsletter...

2 weeks ago.....

The end of the month is almost nearing.
I saw the smac-team wasn't online since this message.

I think it should be time to update the community to gain some trust back....

Tell us how things are going now...

wurstgelee

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 06:42:29 PM

Well, seems like the official seednode is down now. Also the blockchain stalled.

Edit: And just after sending  this: a new block. However, that was the first block after ~75 minutes.  Net stakeweight is down to 2252 - close to nothing.

Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: