Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:56:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SMAC - Accounts have been suspended project closed  (Read 65795 times)
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 10:14:29 PM

Well, seems like the official seednode is down now. Also the blockchain stalled.

Edit: And just after sending  this: a new block. However, that was the first block after ~75 minutes.  Net stakeweight is down to 2252 - close to nothing.

Are you sure?  My wallet isn't showing any errors and last block was 1 minute ago.
wurstgelee

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 10:45:33 AM

Well, seems like the official seednode is down now. Also the blockchain stalled.

Edit: And just after sending  this: a new block. However, that was the first block after ~75 minutes.  Net stakeweight is down to 2252 - close to nothing.

Are you sure?  My wallet isn't showing any errors and last block was 1 minute ago.

Yes, I am/was - double-checked it with block explorer and 2 wallets.

But the block creation rate seems to be back to normal today - at least currently. Wink

Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 05:10:04 PM

Yes, I am/was - double-checked it with block explorer and 2 wallets.

But the block creation rate seems to be back to normal today - at least currently. Wink

It's academic at best now anyway.  This coin is dead thanks to the gutless developers.
Penn.3D

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 04:08:44 AM

With all the financial and moral support that we all gave them, the least they could have done was to come on here and by honest with us. The fact that they just disappeared is absolutely disgusting. I'm sorry to everyone that lost money with this piece of shit.

See you guys on other coins hopefully (check out Ambercoin, btw.....it's an international Amber mining/trading company based in London that is using the blockchain as company shares. THAT is a solid investment!.....thank me later Wink).

Ok, that's all I have to say. Wish I could SMAC those fuckers around for doing this to us.....

Actually I need to SMAC myself for investing so much in this. God DAMN I am naive!  Embarrassed

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 09:03:43 AM

With all the financial and moral support that we all gave them, the least they could have done was to come on here and by honest with us. The fact that they just disappeared is absolutely disgusting. I'm sorry to everyone that lost money with this piece of shit.

See you guys on other coins hopefully (check out Ambercoin, btw.....it's an international Amber mining/trading company based in London that is using the blockchain as company shares. THAT is a solid investment!.....thank me later Wink).

Ok, that's all I have to say. Wish I could SMAC those fuckers around for doing this to us.....

Actually I need to SMAC myself for investing so much in this. God DAMN I am naive!  Embarrassed

At least you admit it and who is the ONLY responsible party of your particular disaster. You all were told as far as 3 months ago: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=952083.msg11287936#msg11287936
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 01:37:54 PM

Agreed.  I must also apologise for anyone that invested in this because of my recommendations.  I truly believed this had a chance as it was a good idea and a means to get around the legal issues related to paying dividends on company shares by essentially using cryptocurrency buybacks.

With the above in mind I would be careful with Amber Coin.  The claims they are making don't make sense.  For a London based company it would be impossible to issue shares on the blockchain the way they are claiming without falling foul of UK laws/regulations.  There are no real company details, names etc on the website which one would expect for a real registered company (which would be required in order to issue shares).  Also the website appears to have been written by someone who is not a native English speaker which is also very strange for a London based company. It generally looks very amateur (even for a crypto website).
Overall even if (and that is a big IF) the operators of the coin are genuine and are a real company what they are doing would not be legal in the UK so anyone who invested would stand to lose everything if the authorities decided to intervene (which they most certainly would if it became a success).  Sorry to be negative but this one seems to be an obvious scam to someone from the UK.
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 03:45:38 PM

I agree the devs have been quiet as fuck, but do you really think dumping down to 1k really helps my god, pull your fucking sell orders people are you really that desperate for money?
talk about weak hands.
i have been in crypto since 2011 and never seen weaker hands it's pathetic.
a whale could come along and pump this or the devs could drop a bomb shell.
and the community has dumped down to 1k unfucking believable.
penoze
Legendary

Activity: 1235
Merit: 1003

https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 03:49:38 PM

I agree the devs have been quiet as fuck, but do you really think dumping down to 1k really helps my god, pull your fucking sell orders people are you really that desperate for money?
talk about weak hands.

Let's watch first if they show up with another buy-back.
People are really frustrated here.

dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 04:06:28 PM

talk about weak hands.

well it's a bit late sorry,  if the devs didn't fuck the coin by taking off and leaving.
 the community did by dumping it down to 1k and scaring any future investors away with nothing but bitching and moaning, i have been in plenty of projects where devs rarely post, because they are developing!!!
If the devs make a buyback tomorrow and announce release of market.
your all going to look and feel stupid.
devs are here to develop not chat.
penoze
Legendary

Activity: 1235
Merit: 1003

https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 06:01:17 PM

talk about weak hands.

well it's a bit late sorry,  if the devs didn't fuck the coin by taking off and leaving.
 the community did by dumping it down to 1k and scaring any future investors away with nothing but bitching and moaning, i have been in plenty of projects where devs rarely post, because they are developing!!!

We shall see whats happening next days.
Hope they suprise everybody

xamido

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 06:04:12 PM

How is boxxa still happily tweeting. You people should harass him.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 12:09:36 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2015, 12:37:39 AM by Soul_eater_123

well it's a bit late sorry,  if the devs didn't fuck the coin by taking off and leaving.

Sorry mate you made sense until the last bit.

This is not a case of devs being on infrequently because they are beavering away and working on important things.  

This is a coin with zero volume, declining buybacks, broken deadlines, a forgotten roadmap and a development team which refused to answer reasonable questions and then buggered off without a word.  

We all tried to help and were willing to find new ways to overcome these problems. People only started bitching and moaning after the devs stopped answering questions and vanished.

Get it straight and stop trying to blame the community for the ineptitude of these bunch of losers.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 12:31:41 AM

How is boxxa still happily tweeting. You people should harass him.

It only works for big companies or celebrities because they have something to lose.  Try tweeting him or the others and see what happens.  You'll most likely get no response.  There is no fucking way they are unaware of what is going on here or how badly they have let us down.  This is a deliberate silence.  Anyway if anyone thinks it's worth trying again here are the twitter handles:

@SMACteam
@boxxa
@SMAC_CEO
@ibankomedia
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 05:27:31 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2015, 07:48:54 AM by dadon

Sorry people was having a bad day yesterday and t spoke before thinking we are all disappointed i understand that.
Don't let my behavior yesterday change your opinion of me.
seriously i feel bad now  Embarrassed
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 01:10:22 PM

Sorry people was having a bad day yesterday and t spoke before thinking we are all disappointed i understand that.
Don't let my behavior yesterday change your opinion of me.
seriously i feel bad now  Embarrassed

Don't feel bad we all do it:)
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 04:04:05 PM

So last day of the month was yesterday and there was obviously no buyback - not that I expected it to happen anyway.  Anybody have any suggestions or are we going to declare this well and truly dead?
Penn.3D

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 04:18:21 AM

dadon, you are a good guy and like me you lost a lot of money with this. Soul_eater, I am merely a dude with some money to invest so I would have no idea whatsoever what to do with this coin. Obviously, if someone can take it over and make it work, I am all for it. But until that day, I'm afraid I am going to assume this coin is dead.

I would say Devs go FUCK YOURSELVES, but the problem is they will almost never come on here to read what we are writing so I might as well save my breath.

scammedbysmac

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 10:28:36 AM

I was scammed by SMAC.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/michael-evancoe/98/404/a9a
@IbankoMedia
@michaelevancoe
Michael Evancoe Co-Founder at SMAC Media, LLC

https://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanbenway
@boxxa
Bryan Benway
Unified Communications Engineer, Web and Development Operations, Emerging Technologies
Buffalo/Niagara, New York AreaTelecommunications

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/jacob-schmidt/a9/4a8/b87
@SMACteam
@SMAC_CEO
Jacob Schmidt
Social Media Publisher/Crypto Currency developer
Greater St. Louis AreaInternet
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 01:26:02 PM

I'm trying to think but can not see how this could be saved
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 02:52:30 PM

I tried tweeting to all the team members.  The only person who responded was Boxxa and he told me that his involvement ended after the first few weeks once the main development work was done.  He doesn't know what has happened since with the other team members.  I didn't see this mentioned anywhere on this forum (I suppose I could have missed it) - would have been nice to know this earlier.  Perhaps this was a deliberate attempt by the remaining team members to hide this rather important information - if Boxxa was the main person doing the development work then it seems rather short sighted to let him go without replacing him since so much still needed to be done - (e.g. marketplace etc.).

Also Penn, Dadon and everyone else, I can't see how this can be saved either.  We'd need someone with sufficient programming/coding ability and some sort of plan for what to do as a substitute for the social media advertising aspects (which is obviously under the control of the dev team).
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: