Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 08:19:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin dead?  (Read 110806 times)
Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 03:16:46 PM

i think no. may be in another country there are any situations like that.
but, that is not in all country when they use it right?
cause for me, the price of bitcoin as long as time will be hight.
have fluktuation is a normal friends. but dead. is not.

I think the Greece people has been known about the bitcoin.
Since they have limits on their banks to withdraw.
The bitcoin would be perfect for them to be a main currency on their country.

Yea, that's what I think too and we are talking about it in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1130886.0
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 03:31:12 PM

They just analyze the fluctuation and also the trend so they can easily now when the price of bitcoin goes up or down. They just used their common sense.
g3rszpi

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 03:32:41 PM

They just analyze the fluctuation and also the trend so they can easily now when the price of bitcoin goes up or down. They just used their common sense.
But how many % of the greece people got btc? it's a think to know about it, another to have it
wearepoor

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 04:04:26 PM

Fluctuation would be a part of bitcoin till it exists, there is no alternative then fluctuations would simply disappear, but yes the fluctuations can be controlled if the adoption level goes high, and that would bring the stability in the price of bitcoins.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 04:07:48 PM

It's holding steady, but I would not call that dead.  We have even went up to 300 in not far past.  And of course dropped to current.

When I think of dead I think of sub 100 numbers.  That hopefully will not happen.

I think that there is nothing to make panic about the bitcoin price.
It is normal as we know from the past that the bitcoin price change more often that any other currency.
So ~280$ is not a bad price at the moment. It can be better of course.

Yes I think $280 is stable price for bitcoin this time and this is not a bad price but with some people it becomes matter to them since they bought it at the highest peak that hope it will rise again but the reality bitcoin price drop significantly. That will make them stress enough but I do hope in the next few months bitcoin price will start rising again  Grin
smith coins

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 09:44:07 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2015, 01:47:26 PM by smith coins

Bitcoin is alive guys, it will be so, if satoshi decided to close this great coin
he other developers of the system stopped hearing from him in 2010
 and plenty of speculation turned up about his real identity.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 10:14:04 PM

It's holding steady, but I would not call that dead.  We have even went up to 300 in not far past.  And of course dropped to current.

When I think of dead I think of sub 100 numbers.  That hopefully will not happen.

It is normal as we know from the past that the bitcoin price change more often that any other currency.

Yes I think $280 is stable price for bitcoin this time and this is not a bad price but with some people it becomes matter to them since they bought it at the highest peak that hope it will rise again but the reality bitcoin price drop significantly. That will make them stress enough but I do hope in the next few months bitcoin price will start rising again  Grin

280 is perfect, it keeps people on the sidelines waiting for a 300 range, and as soon as 300 reaches, people tend to sell which pushes back the price to 280. I hope this lasts for another year so I can keep buying cheap bitcoins every month.
Prasmatic

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 10:25:59 PM

But how many % of the greece people got btc? it's a think to know about it, another to have it

I would not like how many percent but how many promile 0/00
how is it called lol. It is really a small amount if we convert it to percentage.
I don't think much people are involved in bitcoin by the Greece side.
Cinnob0n

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

-Credits (CRE) Miner/Enthusiast

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 12:38:28 AM

Bitcoins is not even close to being dead. Things aren't going to change fast, it's a gradually development.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 05:30:28 AM

280 is perfect, it keeps people on the sidelines waiting for a 300 range, and as soon as 300 reaches, people tend to sell which pushes back the price to 280. I hope this lasts for another year so I can keep buying cheap bitcoins every month.

Exchange rates are not that important. Even if Bitcoin drops to $100 per coin, I will not say that Bitcoin is dead. But the worrying factor is that the usage is declining. Fewer and fewer people are using Bitcoins to do online shopping. A number of businesses, who were accepting Bitcoin as a mode of payment earlier, have eliminated that option (WordPress for example). These are worrying trends.
Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 06:50:35 AM

at the moment i think it is a bit dead but good time to buy

It's holding steady, but I would not call that dead.  We have even went up to 300 in not far past.  And of course dropped to current.

When I think of dead I think of sub 100 numbers.  That hopefully will not happen.

You and other people here have no idea what you are talking about, you are judging if a coin is dead by it's price which is totally stupid, bitcoin won't die if it goes sub 100 or even sub 10, bitcoin would die only if people stop using it or miners stop mining suddenly, price has nothing to do with it.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
g1974ak

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 06:59:50 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2015, 07:17:56 AM by g1974ak

I think it is.

Bitcoin use adoption has stalled. Media interest has dissipated. Prices have only slowly continued to decline for a long time now. Bitcoin securities have always been and still are a complete mess, with a near 100% failure (scam/fraud/incompetence/etc) rate. Mining has been concentrated in the hands of a few giant players, eliminating much of the advantage/security/democracy of thousands of individuals being the money processors. Alternative forms of online payment with US dollars (and other fiat currencies) are now cheaper, faster, and more secure than bitcoin (and of course far more usable to buy/sell real goods/services), eliminating any of its advantages as a payment system. Continued decline of bitcoin and strength in fiat currencies has put the lie to the idea of bitcoin as a store of value; there are far better more reliable hedges against inflation. Meanwhile the real economy is firing on all cylinders, stock markets are at all time highs, corporate earnings are higher than ever, unemployment is low, etc. Even amid the boom, no one cares about bitcoin any more. Bitcoin was a fad that lasted a few years, and is now on its way to being forgotten.

Thoughts? Anyone seriously disagree with this conclusion?

The destiny of bitcoin is not in the hand of some (whatever they are). Bitcoin is a technology which will disrupt to many ways of our lives. It is yet a child and have to grow up. Its technology will be in every kind of our life. Even in places which no one can imagine. Bitcoin as a currency is one of aplications and will benefit from this technology for sure and forever.

So it is stupid even to tell that bitcoin is or will be dead.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:10:08 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2015, 04:28:24 PM by Amph

at the moment i think it is a bit dead but good time to buy

You and other people here have no idea what you are talking about, you are judging if a coin is dead by it's price which is totally stupid, bitcoin won't die if it goes sub 100 or even sub 10, bitcoin would die only if people stop using it or miners stop mining suddenly, price has nothing to do with it.

price is the reflection of bitcoin health, if people start to not use bitcoin the price fall as a consequence which mean that bitcoin is dying off, you can't say that price is not important, this is a bullshit at 100%
Prasmatic

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:20:06 PM

Bitcoin is alive today. I like that the bitcoin price has been changed today.
And the price has been more than 280$ per bitcoin.
And we can see that the other alternative coins are higher too.
HeroCat

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:47:25 PM

Bitcoin is not dead. It is largest and most popular crypto currency Grin
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 02:28:45 PM

Yes they tend to dump all of it but if we can maintain the dump I guess the price will continue to rise again and I guess in the end of this year the price will be more than $300. Keep on buying is a good thing if you want to get a long investment in bitcoin but remember about the adoption too so you wont fall to far if it drop significantly

Dotakels

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 03:52:15 PM

Exchange rates are not that important. Even if Bitcoin drops to $100 per coin, I will not say that Bitcoin is dead. But the worrying factor is that the usage is declining. Fewer and fewer people are using Bitcoins to do online shopping. A number of businesses, who were accepting Bitcoin as a mode of payment earlier, have eliminated that option (WordPress for example). These are worrying trends.
Yeah thats right exchange rates are no so very important you should focus on how you are going to help the people who doesn't have any idea with bitcoin and also keep on earning.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 06:05:58 PM

It's far from dead, as long as the devs can come up with a reasonable solution to not end up ruining it, which I think has very low possibilities of happening. We are still 0.11 version so we have a long way to go. Hopefully the blocksize limit problem is solved before we hit 0.2..
smith coins

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 10:31:14 AM

No bitcoin is rising, like the other coins, there are good days guys to buy and to sell bitcoin.
Dotakels

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 05:14:38 PM

No bitcoin is rising, like the other coins, there are good days guys to buy and to sell bitcoin.
days that some of stock market crashed down then its greatly affect the price of bitcoin, so you must wait that time or maybe you just make your own way on how you can sell your coins high and buy coins in low price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: