Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:03:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: In 2015, faucets are bad for bitcoin  (Read 25895 times)
beaknuke

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 07:10:00 AM

faucet has wasted my time and my energy but atleast faucet has been introduced bitcoin for newbie, maybe there's a rule to regulate how much faucet paid people just sugesst  Cheesy

this is exactly what i feel but there is a massive explosion in them right now!

Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BIT-Sharon

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 07:50:55 AM

When BTC started, nobody had any and it was worthless, so it was right to give away thousands of BTC to make it popular. All that has changed. Now that BTC's worth something, now that companies are building on BTC, now that serious business transactions are made with bitcoin, it's about time for faucets to adapt.

BTC is real. It's money, and you've got to work to earn some. I hope all faucets will disappear in 2015. Faucets are hurting bitcoin by making some people believing you can get it while doing nothing sitting in your home. No, BTC isn't like that, and it shouldn't be any easier to get than any fiat currency. Even for small amounts.

Though faucets wouldn't help you gain or even accumulate relevant money, it still is a good way on familiarizing yourself on the basic concepts of bitcoin. Having experience being paid by bitcoin is a first step of adoption. Interest may soon follow.

If interest grows, then it is very likely that the user will soon adopt the concepts and therefore use it in the future.

it is true
afriezalie

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 02:45:31 PM

faucet has wasted my time and my energy but atleast faucet has been introduced bitcoin for newbie, maybe there's a rule to regulate how much faucet paid people just sugesst  Cheesy

this is exactly what i feel but there is a massive explosion in them right now!
There are many bitcoin faucets created today and tomorrow. They taught me about bitcoin and now i know bitcoin because of their helps. Many newbies like me, know about bitcoin from faucet. They can earn it free, then learn how to trade and invest from faucet.
In my opinion, bitcoin is still alive and grow because of faucets. Many users start they journey from a small faucet, included me Smiley
cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 04:56:25 PM

You have to think that with a faucet a newbie that does not know bitcoin can try to get some,to create a wallet a to make transactions

no newbies does not use faucets because they know faucets are not profitable

True but it's still a waste of time and newbs usually realize this eventually. They'd be far better off spending their time either trying to do small tasks in the real world for cash and then buy coins or even better joining a signature campaign here. Even a newb can earn more posting here than collecting from faucets and you soon move up rank. Get a higher account and you can earn some decent money eventually.

the role of faucets is for introducing only, there is no long term with them, they are good for introducing newbie to the bitcoin world, and they do this well, so no they aren't bad for bitcoin

there is basically a ladder to do for newbie with bitcoin, first you try faucets, then join a signature, and then you can start trading, and become good at it
Exactly my thoughts, Good for newbies as they get in touch with bitcoin and when they see it is not enough they will want more,and they will find new ways that bitcoin world give us
kinnu

Activity: 552
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 05:00:55 PM

Only faucet owners will make money from ads, better to avoid faucets.

P  A
              █████
▀████▄    ▄████▀
  ▀███   ████▀
    █▀ ▄███▀
      ███▀
    ▄██▀ ▄█▄
   ██▀   ████
 ▄█▀      ████▄
█▀         ▀▀▀▀▀

F  U  L

ЛУЧШAЯ P2P ПЛATФOPMA ДЛЯ CДEЛOК C БИTКOИHOM
                    ▄█████▄▄▄                                        ▄██▀██████▄
         ▄██████ ▄▄▄███▄                                  ▄███▀▀ ████████
        ▄█████████ ▄▄▄ █                                ▄███ █▄██ ▀▀▄▄ █
        ████▀███▀ █████▀█                               ██▀█▄▄███ ██▄█▀
       ███▀ ▄  ██▀███ █                                ▄▄█▀██████▀▀
      ▄███▄▀███▄▄██▄ █                                █▄▄▄█████ █▄
     ███████▄ █ ████▀ █ █    ▄█████████▄                 █ █▀███▀▄████
     ▀███████ █ ██████▀██    ███ ▄▄ ████                  ▀▀▀▀▄▄███████
       ▀███████▄ ▀▀▄▄█ █     ███ ▄▄  ███                       █████████▄▄
          ▀▀██████ ▄▄▄██     ███▄▄▄▄▄███                     ▄▄ █████▀▀ ███▄▄▄
           █▄▄▄▀██ ▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     █████▄         ███▄ █▀ ▄▄██ ▀  █████▄
     ▄▄███▄▄▀▀██ ▄▄▄         ███████████      █████▄       █  ▀█  ████ ██████   ███▄
   ▄██████████▄  ████▄        ▀▀▀███▀▀▀        █████ █▄   █    ██▄▄▄███   █▀     ███▄
   ███████████████████           █▀            ▀▀▀▀ ██  █▀▀██▄  █████▄▄█▀ ▄▄█▄██  █
  █████████████████████                       █▀████████ ███ ███▀▀█████▀ ▄████ ██▄██ 
  ██████ ███████████▄▀██      ▄█████            █▄ ▀█████▄ ▀█ ▀█▄  ███▀ ▄█████  ███ █
  ██████▄████████████▄ ▄   ████████▀             ▀█████████ ▀██ █▄▄█▀ ▄████████▀▀ ██▀
 ▄████▀▀█ ████████████ █  ██ ▀▀▀ ▄                   ▀▀█████ █▄ ▀██ ▄████  ▀█▀▄█████
 █▀▄▄▄▀▀█ ▄ ████████▀  ▄▄█████████                     ▀██ ▄███▄▄▄██ ██     ███▀ ███
 █▀▄▄▄██  ██████▀▀▄▄██████████▄▄█                      ██ ▄▄█▀█████ █ ███  ▄██▀  █████
  ████████ ▀▀ ▄▄███████▀▀                               ▀███▄▄▄▄▄██▄█▄▄██████▀  ██████
g-unit

Activity: 432

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 07:01:07 PM

You can actually make decent money with the moon bitcoin faucet. And you don't have to do anything except collect your coins a few times a day.
Raimonn
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 07:19:18 PM

Faucets are good for introducing new users to bitcoin, they can test the bitcoin network, wallets without any cost for them with the free bits that received from faucets.
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 07:23:36 PM

Whether you love it or hate it one thing is for sure.Faucets are the first source of free bitcoins to most of newbies like myself.Where else one can get something as precious as bitcoin for free Wink

christycalhoun

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 07:51:55 PM

Faucets are just a way for newbies to get a few bits and figure out how bitcoin works. There are some people from third world countries that try to hit up all of the faucets in hopes of making money though.

leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 07:52:55 PM

I don't understand your reasoning behind faucets being a bad thing?

Many new people who have just read about Bitcoin might want to play around with a few coins before they actually invest, buy some.  I know for myself that is how I got started, I wanted to get familiar with the transactions and how wallets work.  Without Faucets bitcoin probably wouldn't get too many new people.
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 08:03:48 PM

Many new people who have just read about Bitcoin might want to play around with a few coins before they actually invest, buy some.  I know for myself that is how I got started, I wanted to get familiar with the transactions and how wallets work.  Without Faucets bitcoin probably wouldn't get too many new people.

+1
without faucets I would not be here.
The faucet principle is the best invention of the 21th century (lol)

mirana12345

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

PM me to buy traffic for your site!

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 08:04:46 PM

I completely agree. Even i got my first bitcoins with faucet, even tho it was quite possible to mine with a CPU back then. There was a faucet that was giving away 5 btc per
user (i believe it was based on the rule ; 1 claim per email). If i didn't get that amount to check how it was really using bitcoin, i probably wouldn't be here today.

Faucets serve their purpuse, and i'm glad they still exist, even tho i don't use them anymore - no reason to anymore.
leex1528

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 08:10:50 PM

I completely agree. Even i got my first bitcoins with faucet, even tho it was quite possible to mine with a CPU back then. There was a faucet that was giving away 5 btc per
user (i believe it was based on the rule ; 1 claim per email). If i didn't get that amount to check how it was really using bitcoin, i probably wouldn't be here today.

Faucets serve their purpuse, and i'm glad they still exist, even tho i don't use them anymore - no reason to anymore.

Holy Cow, 5 Bitcoins?Huh  When did you start using Bitcoins that gave out 5BTC?  I am sort of jealous my first Bitcoins were hard to earn and took lots of stuff to actually earn over 1 BTC.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 08:12:49 PM

Faucets are just a way for newbies to get a few bits and figure out how bitcoin works. There are some people from third world countries that try to hit up all of the faucets in hopes of making money though.

without faucets people would be forced to buy some bits in order to test bitcoin by sending and receiving transactions. faucets have a good purpose.
mirana12345

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 08:33:35 PM

Holy Cow, 5 Bitcoins?Huh  When did you start using Bitcoins that gave out 5BTC?  I am sort of jealous my first Bitcoins were hard to earn and took lots of stuff to actually earn over 1 BTC.

Don't be surprised too much, it wasn't worth much at the time, it was also considered dust amount as faucets are percieved today. In 5 years or so, people will probably
be amazed by the 1000 satoshi faucets we have today.
leex1528

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 08:35:35 PM

Don't be surprised too much, it wasn't worth much at the time, it was also considered dust amount as faucets are percieved today. In 5 years or so, people will probably

I know that, but I was just looking at your account and it looked relatively new so I was curious when you actually started using Bitcoin.  I started about 3 years ago (roughly) so I was just curious when you did.
mirana12345

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 08:51:07 PM

I know that, but I was just looking at your account and it looked relatively new so I was curious when you actually started using Bitcoin.  I started about 3 years ago (roughly) so I was just curious when you did.

I first ran into it in in 2008 or 2009, but like i said, i just tried out some faucets, making some transactions and mining, and didn't think much of it. Or rather - didn't think that a decentralised
currency could ever challange fiat, so i left it at that, along with bitcoins i had (deleted the wallet). I only returned to it in 2010 i believe or so, and after some lurking, i opened accounts at exchanges and forum.
leex1528

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 09:15:26 PM

I first ran into it in in 2008 or 2009, but like i said, i just tried out some faucets, making some transactions and mining, and didn't think much of it. Or rather - didn't think that a decentralised
currency could ever challange fiat, so i left it at that, along with bitcoins i had (deleted the wallet). I only returned to it in 2010 i believe or so, and after some lurking, i opened accounts at exchanges and forum.

Ugh that sucks!!  You know I heard about Bitcoin back then and I swear I was mining back then just for giggles, but I did it one day and I have no idea what wallet I used or anything about it.  It also could just be a dream, but I thought I had around 125 Bitcoins...maybe a dream?

How many did you end up losing?
MissionPhailed

Activity: 583
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 09:20:36 PM

I think faucets are literally too small to have a negative impact on the phenomenom Bitcoin. We're talking about fractions of a cent here.

Faucets are fun to dice with 'em. I just treat them as points and try to set records. Current record is 25000 out of 200.
Harry Hood

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 09:20:44 PM

What a self entitled attitude! The faucet didn't waste your time, YOU wasted your time! It's your decision to use a faucet. Take some responsibility for your actions!

It's nearly the end of 2015,  and faucets are still here. They help people knew to bitcoin get familiar with it...they'll serve a purpose until the adoption has gotten much higher. If you don't like them, don't participate in them!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: