Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:31:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: In 2015, faucets are bad for bitcoin  (Read 25895 times)
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 02:27:43 AM

When BTC started, nobody had any and it was worthless, so it was right to give away thousands of BTC to make it popular. All that has changed. Now that BTC's worth something, now that companies are building on BTC, now that serious business transactions are made with bitcoin, it's about time for faucets to adapt.

BTC is real. It's money, and you've got to work to earn some. I hope all faucets will disappear in 2015. Faucets are hurting bitcoin by making some people believing you can get it while doing nothing sitting in your home. No, BTC isn't like that, and it shouldn't be any easier to get than any fiat currency. Even for small amounts.

i think,faucet must be keep alive,just because many people have new experiment with bitcoin,and they should try a free bitcoin without risk,without worrying that they can lose their money cause a bitcoin price,they should be have many experiment and know about everything about bitcoin include bitcoin faucet,and i think nowdays faucet have a limited and very small amount of free bitcoin,and while i post this,i think many faucet was closing their website with any reason  Grin

What the hell is that even supposed to mean?

What can someone test with half a cent worth of bitcoin, that you can't just search up and/or ask? Thinking about it, there's literally nothing that gives you profound knowledge in holding a micro-micro-micro amount of bitcoin. LBH, that's what the Beginners and Help section is for; ask!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yenxz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 02:59:54 AM

i dont think so,faucet is good for bitcoin newbie  Grin
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 03:34:30 AM

Most faucets are waste of time, but if I managed to find faucet which pays with up to 0.0001 bitcoins, or 10 000 satoshis, every 5 minutes.
It is more that standard faucet payment, right? As, you can earn 0.0012 BTC for hour from it. Do you know any better faucet?
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 05:58:23 AM

not really . I think now bitcoin has a high enough price increase. for this faucet is a good thing. but for the owners of this website faucet is a bad thing.

Oh god your english gave me eye cancer. I assume you are talking about the owner of any faucet site and no this forum, the owners of faucets usually make profit from them, they close the faucet if they are not getting profit but i can tell you the top faucet owners make a lot of money.

Hahaha your post made my day! "eye cancer" Cheesy

Is that what he's trying to say? hehe I was thinking the other way around, owner of faucet make lots of money from users using their faucet, they are profiting by showing ads to users and they give just a small amount of satoshi that is why they profit a lot.
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 08:40:49 PM

The one who is profit from faucets is companies of advertisements,and one of the top earning is just google,is selling maybe around 10 to 25% more with the faucets traffic ,and well they dont wanna to allow it to be used to buy their products,makes no sense they put ads to your faucet when they dont support the coin involved into faucets,but well the results should be good otherwise google wouldnt be into faucets.Besides admin of faucets get some income that is getting hard since there is thousands of faucets,and a small group of active collectors.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 11:52:12 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2015, 07:55:57 AM by gogxmagog

you dont have too research very deep to see that faucets do not pay well. pennies at best. no one is going to get rich and only a fool thinks otherwise. what faucets ARE good for is proving how great btc is for MICROTRANSACTIONS!

there are PTC sites that pay cash money. they pay a fraction of a cent per every click to your account but you can not withdraw until you reach a minimum for payout. i've only looked casually once years ago but i seem to remember the minimum was something like 5 dollars. you would have to make tens of thousands of clicks to reach minimum. I am sure many suckers went in thinking they could squeeze a quick fiver out of these sites only to waste a few hundred hours to make less than a dollar before giving up and letting the site keep the money already earned. site just got many many free clicks. brilliant!

with btc faucets there are minimums too, but they are much lower. around 10 thousand satoshis IIRC. if a faucet pays 1000 sat per hour you can conceivable make payout threshold in a day or two of casual visits. not hard to do even if you only earn 4 cents worth of btc, it is still achievable to actually get paid those 4 cents.

the whole thing is a great illustration of the value of btc as a micro payment system. it also shows the potential of btc as a content reward based advertising system. if you like my post/article/comment... you can easily send me a few bits (AND DONT EVEN MENTION CHANGETIP! %^&^$#)
just throw your wallet address around and maybe someone will make it rain.

oh yeah.... 1EPWs2GwcAkt2zoLS4M6bz59h9Piy5fDwr

so, in a nutshell... faucets; educational YES, profitable NO

bad for bitcoin? thats like saying giving a begger a penny is bad for money. it doesnt reflect on btc at all, just further proves it has enough value that some people will chase the tiniest amount.
bb2ebb

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 05:42:18 AM

very bored  for palying faucet. earn it's too small and need long time for get rich many bitcoin from faucet
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 06:14:55 AM

very bored  for palying faucet. earn it's too small and need long time for get rich many bitcoin from faucet
Yes faucets are created to cure the boredom, but faucets itself giving us boredom. No one can expect to get rich by faucet earning of bitcoins.
Faucets are just to understand the bitcoin ecosystem not to make money.
hangar18

Activity: 676

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 06:58:22 AM

I don't really think existence of faucets affect bitcoin in anyway. People who don't want to try out faucets are free to stay away. its mostly for the newbies anyways
bb2ebb

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 07:28:57 AM

I don't really think existence of faucets affect bitcoin in anyway. People who don't want to try out faucets are free to stay away. its mostly for the newbies anyways

you are right, even though faucet is very boring, but without it, bitcoin will be get deficiency investor from newbie
YuginKadoya
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 07:32:16 AM

The one who is profit from faucets is companies of advertisements,and one of the top earning is just google,is selling maybe around 10 to 25% more with the faucets traffic ,and well they dont wanna to allow it to be used to buy their products,makes no sense they put ads to your faucet when they dont support the coin involved into faucets,but well the results should be good otherwise google wouldnt be into faucets.Besides admin of faucets get some income that is getting hard since there is thousands of faucets,and a small group of active collectors.

I think google is not involve in faucets why would you say such things, just because you are using google browser to claim faucet that is why you come up with such idea? but there are applications in google play that involve faucets in such case,

and you are thinking the other way around faucets are the one that is profiting from advertisements that they flag into faucets just like in TV commercials the one who is gonna profit is the channel corporation that the commercial had been shown, product endorsers profit when consumers buy some product that are shown on TV commercials.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 09:29:43 PM

I think google is not involve in faucets why would you say such things, just because you are using google browser to claim faucet that is why you come up with such idea? but there are applications in google play that involve faucets in such case,

and you are thinking the other way around faucets are the one that is profiting from advertisements that they flag into faucets just like in TV commercials the one who is gonna profit is the channel corporation that the commercial had been shown, product endorsers profit when consumers buy some product that are shown on TV commercials.
Nothing personal but did you saw somewhere there is google adsense?Im talking about their service,and sure they getting more and more incoem with the traffic from faucets,since some user can easy make 5 clicks on diferente faucets.Without the faucets google would have some competitor as some people advertising from others companies besides adsense.The fact is bitcoin maid people use faucets for the thinking of free bitcoins,people dont do math what they earn and how much they pay montly from energy.
GannickusX

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 05:27:37 PM

Nothing personal but did you saw somewhere there is google adsense?Im talking about their service,and sure they getting more and more incoem with the traffic from faucets,since some user can easy make 5 clicks on diferente faucets.Without the faucets google would have some competitor as some people advertising from others companies besides adsense.The fact is bitcoin maid people use faucets for the thinking of free bitcoins,people dont do math what they earn and how much they pay montly from energy.

Do faucet owners use google adsense? As far as i know google adsense only allows like 3 ads per page in your site and faucets generally have like 15 ads covering almost every space.
Bud Spencer

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 07:41:44 PM

o you realize how little BTC faucets give you? It takes weeks to have any amount to spend on something. I guess it's as wasteful as walking around all day dropping pennies on the ground because most people don't have the patience to accumulate enough bitcoin to do anything with so it ends up sitting in a wallet in < $1 balances.

The gambling component of faucets often allows the BTC to go back to the faucet user and then the facets ads are viewed at the same time (which is the real business faucets are in, advertising.)
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 09:13:16 AM

Yup! that is why most faucets are hard to claim and has different task you need to do when you are using faucet sites, because mining is hard and not free that is why they are giving just a small amount on faucets it is unfair if they give large amount of money in faucets because bitcoin really starts in mining, the only good thing about faucets it is absolutely free.

Bro they give you small amounts of money because they want to profit aswell and believe me some faucet owners make a ton of money with their faucets, the ''tasks'' are there to prevent people from using bots to claim. Websites like freebitco.in make a lot of money each month

In the end, it is all about business. Running and maintaining sites costs money too, so we only get small amount on faucets. But it is enough for a newbie to get it going. I remember when I was still very young in Bitcoin, I am satisfied if I earn 50000 satoshis in a day. Now, looking back, it is very small amount in relation to the amount of time you spend on it. My point is, faucets are for beginners. If they want to explore more, well and good. If not, that means bitcoin is not really for them.
FrostStick

Activity: 361

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 09:15:40 AM

This is not true. I mean, everyone starts off distrusting the currency. Then they find bitcoins profitable. They go to a faucet, then some time later they become and established bitcoiner. I don't see how faucets are bad for bitcoin, in fact, it's of the most beneficial nature.
AlexBits

Activity: 239

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 09:45:33 AM

Altcoins is nice if you want to get some experience how all works or just for expirement.

But yeah doesnt matter anymore is almost 2016 Cheesy
Blue_Tiger

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 09:49:28 AM

They are bad as you barely earn anything and it takes forever to do them.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 09:55:14 AM

Yup! google adsense may seem be in some faucets, but not all faucets have google adsense, because faucets has multiple advertisement and I think google will ban certain people who's ads are a maximum of 3, and I think many advertising company out there grab this faucet for there common good, and putting advertisement on sites google is the one who is paying the post ads and not the faucets, so technically faucets earn a lot because of the views they get.
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 10:21:28 AM

I don't agree. Most people get into bitcoin through buying it, or being offered it as a payment. But some people online come to bitcoin through faucets. I believe we are still attracting new Bitcoin users through faucets, and we will continue to.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: