Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:13:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: In 2015, faucets are bad for bitcoin  (Read 25895 times)
bitcoinboy12

Activity: 518
Merit: 254

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 08:35:58 PM

I think faucet is the one that helps me a lot and faucet is the first known sources of bitcoin
that i know before this forum and campaign..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 12:13:29 PM

Faucets creates transactions which just empowers the bitcoin eco system.
Faucets gives new people a chance to get free bitcoin and learn about bitcoin

So..
How could this be bad?

Yup! I Agree with you HarryKPeters I love faucets because of the free bitcoin I get even it is very low that doesn't matter with me because faucets for me are just extra income for me, because without 0.00000001 satoshi there would be no 1 bitcoin that is the way think Grin
SweetAnna

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 03:42:23 PM

Faucets creates transactions which just empowers the bitcoin eco system.
Faucets gives new people a chance to get free bitcoin and learn about bitcoin

So..
How could this be bad?
I Agree with you
I think faucets are essential to the bitcoin ecosystem
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 04:34:49 PM

I think faucet is the one that helps me a lot and faucet is the first known sources of bitcoin
that i know before this forum and campaign..

Very true. Thumbs up here. Example of starters like us. If you want someone to be pulled through bitcoin. You can make him start by faucets. Then he can be the one to get more knowledge on how to profit more.
Conclusion is you are going to have one more bitcoin user.
Most

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 01:01:15 PM

If you consider also doge faucet,they aren't so bad, in a couple of hours you have enough to play properly on low stakes.
Btc ones are totally bad on the other hand
FaucetRank.com

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 04:26:11 PM

My personal story I learned about bit coin using moon bit coin , free bitco.in etc faucet so it's fact that faucet brings newbies for bit coin.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .SCAMMERS.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .EXPOSED.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
Nomad88
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1268

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 04:27:10 PM

My personal story I learned about bit coin using moon bit coin , free bitco.in etc faucet so it's fact that faucet brings newbies for bit coin.

I met bitcoin through faucets as well.

creepland

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 04:51:29 PM

But with faucet not easy money... Because If you wanna earn something normal you need to claim all time so it's not easy as you think... It's hard...

FaucetRank.com

Activity: 868

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 04:59:31 PM

But with faucet not easy money... Because If you wanna earn something normal you need to claim all time so it's not easy as you think... It's hard...

For some reach countries faucets are only dust machine but for some countries faucets are good way to earn some money but not much.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .SCAMMERS.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .EXPOSED.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
defaultking

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 05:00:07 PM

So it's 2016 now does that mean faucets are good for bitcoin. Or are we keeping the same attitude that faucets are bad for bitcoin in 2016. I think it's a new year and we should start a new post with a new outlook saying faucets are good for bitcoin in 2016! Roll Eyes
pjsonowal

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 05:29:36 PM

When BTC started, nobody had any and it was worthless, so it was right to give away thousands of BTC to make it popular. All that has changed. Now that BTC's worth something, now that companies are building on BTC, now that serious business transactions are made with bitcoin, it's about time for faucets to adapt.

BTC is real. It's money, and you've got to work to earn some. I hope all faucets will disappear in 2015. Faucets are hurting bitcoin by making some people believing you can get it while doing nothing sitting in your home. No, BTC isn't like that, and it shouldn't be any easier to get than any fiat currency. Even for small amounts.

I disagree with the statement that faucet are the ones behind it. Well as statement by gadman2(1st page, 1st reply) that "Faucets give people bitcoin to experiment with.". Faucets are there to promote bitcoin as much as possible they try to keep in interest amongst the bitcoin lovers.

For the part that people sitting back at home thinking that it gonna feed them by not going to work its their thinking which is wrong. Well FAUCET and BITCOIN were never made to play with people lives like this , but it is the thinking of those peoples. Well more sooner you GET AWARE ABOUT THE REAL FACT , MORE BETTER IT WILL BE FOR YOU.

I will say CHANGE YOUR MIND AND OPEN YOUR EYES and you will get back to the track again (for those who think faucets gonna feed the sitting back at home).

YuginKadoya
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 12:54:02 PM

So it's 2016 now does that mean faucets are good for bitcoin. Or are we keeping the same attitude that faucets are bad for bitcoin in 2016. I think it's a new year and we should start a new post with a new outlook saying faucets are good for bitcoin in 2016! Roll Eyes

Faucets will not be bad for bitcoin or what so ever will be bad even in the in pending year ahead faucets are the one promoting about bitcoin and giving newbie's a glimpse about what is bitcoin and experimenting with it.
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:20:42 PM

Yes, you only earn too little for too much time spent. But even if you only earn dust, those dust accumulates. Faucet is good if you have a lot of free time but if you'll rely on faucet for main source of income,  that is bad.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 01:44:05 PM

Faucets are good for testing wallets without risking anything. They also help to understand the working of the Bitcoin core. I'm not sure why anybody would think of them as an income source though. As a testing medium they are good for Bitcoin. I think they do more damage to the Bitcointalk forum, as the boards are littered with people who think Bitcoin is a form of employment, or a source of free money. Please remember it is a payment method, and a safe method of saving money, not a magic cash tree.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
capcher

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

This user is currently ignored.

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 09:01:33 PM

I don't think the transaction volume involving faucets is large enough to have significant effect (good/bad) on bitcoin ecosystem.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:40:52 PM

I don't think the transaction volume involving faucets is large enough to have significant effect (good/bad) on bitcoin ecosystem.

Yup! faucets only distributes small amount of bitcoin for newbies only and because faucets is the easiest way to earn bitcoins for them, knowledge is very important with bitcoin and knowing what faucets can do for you is great.
eli113

Activity: 358
Merit: 254

void

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 09:59:33 AM

I think faucets are like free small samples some companies sharing to try their products.

Of course there is no bitcoin company behind them  Grin but it is people running some
banners or advertising or even promoting their site , same deal almost.

But some poor people over all world hunting free samples systematicaly.
there are people claiming they eat only from tickets and freebies ...  Cheesy
to do that with faucets it sounds very optimistic however , but perhaps
for some persistent persons with some referals it can be a free lunch/week?

I dont think it is bad for bitcoin ecosystem the existance of faucets.
ANY USE of any altcoin at least keeping it ALIVE after all !

void
YuginKadoya
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 10:09:14 AM

I think faucets are like free small samples some companies sharing to try their products.

Of course there is no bitcoin company behind them  Grin but it is people running some
banners or advertising or even promoting their site , same deal almost.

But some poor people over all world hunting free samples systematicaly.
there are people claiming they eat only from tickets and freebies ...  Cheesy
to do that with faucets it sounds very optimistic however , but perhaps
for some persistent persons with some referals it can be a free lunch/week?

I dont think it is bad for bitcoin ecosystem the existance of faucets.
ANY USE of any altcoin at least keeping it ALIVE after all !

yup! free sample will always be like that and some people like free samples in the supermarkets there are free sample shown to people and many customers fall in line with these stuff that is why faucets are free and faucets are for newbies a simple task and they can attain small amount of bitcoin to experience it and how it works! just like free samples on supermarkets
grosminer

Activity: 718

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 03:57:11 PM

Yup! faucets only distributes small amount of bitcoin for newbies only and because faucets is the easiest way to earn bitcoins for them, knowledge is very important with bitcoin and knowing what faucets can do for you is great.

+1
Ryananda

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 04:29:15 AM

I think every year is very bad for bitcoin faucet because if play we will get bitcoin faucet with a very little amount. If the valves we can get a lot bitcoin exceed signature campaign surely the people will turn to the tap rather than to the signature campaign.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: