Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 05:31:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DASH/XDN/XMR/SDC] Comparison between the most known anonymous coins (MUST READ)  (Read 33668 times)
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 04:29:33 PM

Secondly I have already answered this ... if ECDSA is cracked all your DRK funds, private keys, transactions are mine.

What do you mean my transactions are yours, how do you know which transactions or private keys are mine?
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 05:03:02 PM

Should we talk about technologies that are flawed or talk about those who are flawless?

SDC is flawless. So let's talk about it

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
00Smurf

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 05:04:57 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2015, 05:26:25 PM by 00Smurf

The part with his momma was completely unecessary.
I am a DRK/Dash-investor and I enjoy this thread and the discussion, please stay on topic.

I just can't resist momma jokes for some reason. It was inappropriate, I made a mistake and I apologize. Sometimes when spending too much time on this forum it's easy to forget there are also civilized people reading. I edited my post and hope you will edit the quote as well.

"Yo mamma so short, she can hang glide on a Dorito!"

Sorry i just love that one. Wink

Since this is about the tech i'll render it in code.

"If we were to code your mom in a C++ function she would look like this: double mom (double fat){ mom(fat);return mom;}; //your mom is recursively fat."
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 06:05:13 PM

"If we were to code your mom in a C++ function she would look like this: double mom (double fat){ mom(fat);return mom;}; //your mom is recursively fat."

One of my favorites:

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
P3RS3US

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 06:31:16 PM

One of my favorites:

WTF just happened lulz
Tings 'bout to kick off

BTW: DRK getting slammed hard… where r their minions?
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 06:45:23 PM

Yeah sorry about that, we darkcoin minions are gluid to our monitors for some days now watching the price of Darkcoin keep rising and rising.
I dont know what you guys are doing in this thread but it seems to have a positive effect on Darkcoin's price.
keep at it guys...

Thanks

qwizzie

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 06:52:42 PM

Your all hammering on about splitting ball hairs over what anon is more bullet proof than another - it doesn't matter.

What matters is having everything in a reasonable balance, all monetary properties. Great - you got a ultra sooper-dooper only 3 years old, rubber stamped by cryptographers anon technology. Know what ? Anonymous money has worked for 5000 years without it.

Darkcoin / DASH's is as bullet proof as a cryptocurrency can reasonably get right now while still retaining some semblance of useability and adoptability within the current infrastructure. That all of these are going to continue to improve and develop is a given.

Meanwhile, people can say what they like about DASH's dual layer network, but it's already delivering major practical innovations and solving some big problems. It's only going to continue because a service oriented network architecture is what made the internet explode and it's currently torching a load of cryptocurrency problems. Near instant transaction confirmation was one of the first but there are plenty more in the pipeline.

So while everyone else is busy scraping the next nth decimal percentage point of anon-security to the exclusion of everything else, DRK/DASH will be getting on with business  Wink

othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 07:07:06 PM

What you just said is, Darkcoin is no player in the anonymity space and it's irrelevant for this discussion.

I think we can all agree on that. Not sure why you are talking about Dashcoin, thats a cryptonote based currency  tho.

PS: Your little GFX is a joke isn't it?

etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 07:11:52 PM

What you just said is, Darkcoin is no player in the anonymity space and it's irrelevant for this discussion.

I think we can all agree on that. Not sure why you are talking about Dashcoin, thats a cryptonote based currency  tho.

PS: Your little GFX is a joke isn't it?

You said that,behind that,did you realize all shit you said won't affect price and only hurt your dumbass useless coin ?

Please continue,dash will be mainstream before your realize it won't affect anything  Cheesy
othe

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 07:14:43 PM

Sir, your sentences make no sense, did you sniff too much Dash washing powder?

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 07:24:18 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2015, 11:15:17 PM by toknormal

I absolutely did not say that. I said it's the ONLY anon player that has a reasonable relevance to the current commercial landscape IMO. I also don't deny that Cryptonote transactions are potentially more theoretically encrypted than blind signature mixed ones.

But I don't think they're more practically encrypted. I don't think the regular joe has a snowballs chance in hell of de-anonymising any of them. I don't even think a dedicated hacker has. Be my guest and prove me wrong. No doubt people have been working at it for months because it's not as if there isn't an incentive right now.

I'm also saying that all of this stuff - across the board - is in a state of constant development and improvement. Just because something is one way now doesn't mean it isn't going to accumulate its strength of security as time goes on. At the start, Darkcoin didn't have pre-emptive, multiple redundant mixing. It wasn't even on the roadmap. Then late last summer it appeared. Thats been the significant characteristic of the project since it started - continual pragmatic evolution and keeping options open.

LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:01:10 PM

You should add "Bus/Truck Factor" to the spreadsheet on the OP.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bus_factor

Shadow = 1
Monero = 3
Darkcoin = 1
Darknote = 1

That's just factoring cryptographers/devs. I'd be interested to have a directory of each project's full dev team.
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:15:49 PM

Sorry, but with current state of Boolberry (not even in top 100 marketcap - no development since months) and the few differences with XMR or XDN, it doesn't seem to be useful to put Boolberry in the comparison

Unlinkable transaction upgrade to CryptoNote and blockchain bloat reduction are probably the two biggest upgrades to any CryptoNote currency so far. XMR has probably done a bunch of stuff too but I can't think of a specific thing off the top of my head that could be more important than those two upgrades. XMR devs plan to do their own versions of these upgrades down the line, but they have a lot on their plate so I wouldn't expect them anytime soon.

CryptoZoidberg is still around. He's done a lot of work and it's a bit silly that you would dismiss that and have the balls to put Ducknote above BBR in relevance.

I agree with Este Nuno. BBR should be on the list over XDN. Boolberry, while low in marketcap at the moment is part of the SuperNET collection of coins with big plans/uses in the future on that platform. Darknote was trading at 12 satoshis just 2 months ago before it had a 600% increase. It's more of a traders coin than a working currency practicing anonymity. Give them cred, they chose a good platform but it's been a joke most all it's life.

Pline

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:40:16 PM

Smiley
that is a biaised "comparison". goal = promo for shadowcoin.

i like how the subject say "...the most known..."  like, is SDC really that known?

where is navajo? where is stealthcoin?  and there are others too...

I don't think navajo is worthy to be added since it is a centralized system with no plan on how to decentralize it, from my understanding.  From section 2.2.8 of their whitepaper:

Node Maintenance

The nodes will be decentralized, but to begin
with they will be maintained by the Navajo
Coin Foundation. We are working to find a
secure way that we could distribute the code
for users to setup their own nodes, while still
being able to guarantee the integrity of the
Anonymous Network

http://navajocoin.org/files/navajo_whitepaper_march2015.pdf

I asked about this in their thread and they simply told me that it is still the best anon coin ever, even this way.  Yet it seems doubtful.
othe

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:48:47 PM

Sounds like a mixer, prolly taken from TIPS/Fedoracoin, which was the first with an inbuilt mixer in the wallet.

Not worth talking about.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 09:13:38 PM

But if you want to play this game lets play.

For arguments sake lets say ECDSA is broken ... so now for every address that has ever made a transaction we can derive the private key.
So as a average crypto user; I could simple import this private key into my wallet and reindex. Voila! I now have every transaction that address every made. Good luck with your dual network or whatever you call it as simple chain analysis will reveal all!

Darksend does not reuse addresses.

And that is all you can say? whether it uses or not is irrelevant ... I can de-anonymize 100% of the network for all completed transactions.

I buy Darkcoins from a party that is KYC compliant, and transfer them to my wallet address A. Now the address A can be linked to me.

Next I put them through the Darksend mixing process, and now instead of having coins in address A, I have coins in addresses B1, ..., B10 for example. Then I proceed to spend the money in address B5 by sending it to a public donation address of WikiLeaks.

However, you strongly oppose WikiLeaks and everyone who supports it, and want to know who that B5 is. You import private key of the address B5, and then what?

I'm no cryptography expert or part of any dev team so could you please explain that example I gave.

Firstly I am not cryptography expert or ever claimed to be.

Secondly I have already answered this ... if ECDSA is cracked all your DRK funds, private keys, transactions are mine.

Can you simply explain how you are going to link the donation to WikiLeaks address to my known address A. Because that's what you said, you "can de-anonymize 100% of the network".
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 10:32:44 PM

However, you strongly oppose WikiLeaks and everyone who supports it, and want to know who that B5 is. You import private key of the address B5, and then what?

Consult the masternode logs. Profit.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 10:48:15 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2015, 11:08:34 PM by smooth

Take the time and can unravel the "randomization" - well that's what it's designed to prevent. It removes the link from inputs to outputs. There is no correlation in the blockchain anymore.

It isn't true there is "no correlation." Obviously there are all sorts of correlative coinjoin attacks, timing attacks, sybil attacks, etc. That's why darksend does what it does with mixing ahead of time, multiple rounds, denominations, etc. -- to try to defeat these correlations over multiple rounds. However, there is really no way to know how many rounds are needed, how long to wait after receiving coins to start mixing them, how long after mixing to use them, etc. Are 3 rounds enough or do you need 300?

The mathematical analysis that is presented on this to give numbers like 0.0000001% is flawed and deliberately misleading. They are mostly treating as independent events things which may not be independent and also are assuming an ideal model with no leaks (even probabilistic) in each stage. I don't believe it is possible to accurately compute these numbers in a real-world adversarial context. And that's just for public blockchain analysis. Once you include additional information from masternode logs the problem gets even messier.

To be fair various combinatorial, timing, etc. attacks exist with cryptographically-private systems such as cryptonote too. The main difference is the lack of additional inputs (masternode logs) from untrustable third parties, and also the lack of a simultaneity requirement for mixing.

Joshuar

Activity: 504

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 11:00:36 PM

Masternodes are centralized because they are hosted on servers online, which are centralized. The large majority of masternode owners host their nodes on the internet, I'd say that's pretty centralized.

Were else does a digital currency live?

You are an idiot. If it's on the internet its centralized. Where is this off planet distributed system you are alluding to?

Obviously by the internet, I meant servers such as those provided by Amazon which is exactly what I typed above the text enlarged, dont be a troll. Does hosting bitcoin nodes online impact the currency in any negative way that might hinder it's most important features? No, but hosting darkcoin's masternodes on servers online, of which most are, could potentially end darkoin's anonymity for a undefined amount of time should an attacker take down the servers drk's masternodes are hosted on.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 11:06:46 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2015, 11:33:32 PM by smooth

Firstly, if the cryptography is compromised the least of my worries is remaining anonymous; you would have alot of other things to worry about.
Secondly, there is something called "stealth address" oh and of-course if that cryptography is broken well then sir you have more more to worry about than remaining anonymous.
Thirdly, see 1 and 2 and oh yeah why not send a note to Satoshi about it whilst you was as it about how dumb his idea was of creating a crypto currency.

That is a very common fallacy. Or maybe you just have nothing to hide?

When the cryptography securing on chain anonymity is broken, everything in there will be revealed. New algorithms will be implemented to secure everything else from future attacks like your coins so they can't be stolen, but what has been put into the chain will be there and can't be made anymore secure.

In order to "reveal everything" you would have to break both unlinkability and untracability. These come from two entirely different cryptographic methods (ring signatures based on EdDSA, and ECDH). If one or the other were broken there would be some degree of leakage but far from a total reveal.

In the event that one or the other were broken, it would be replaced, coins could be moved around some more and linkages to the past severed. Only a double-break would expose everything.

Furthermore there is always some degree of off-chain mixing that occurs naturally in an economy as coins move through merchants, exchanges, p2p casual transactions, gambling sites, lending, etc. much as happens naturally with cash. Are you aware that some (?) banks now record the serial numbers of cash going in and out for each customer using a scanner? Yet because cash moves around "off-chain" in the normal economy, cash transactions between private parties are still fairly private. Likewise even total exposure of the blockchain would still leave a lot of questions unanswered. This is true of Bitcoin as well of course.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: