Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:34:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DASH/XDN/XMR/SDC] Comparison between the most known anonymous coins (MUST READ)  (Read 33668 times)
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2015, 11:45:48 PM

lol scam and spam photoshop shadowcrap going nut!

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 03:41:34 AM

lol scam and spam photoshop shadowcrap going nut!

Photoshop this: http://youtu.be/WbMpeAL95m8
BitcoinBob530

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 10:14:24 AM

Buy and Hold your coins guys.This coin will be worth double the amount in a few days Grin
Dofus (OP)

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 12:43:19 PM

Buy and Hold your coins guys.This coin will be worth double the amount in a few days Grin

Double ? Ahahah, well... We'll see Wink
Dofus (OP)

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 12:48:15 PM

Shadow Bug & Bounty Program

Donation Address: SdcbugSrxsYSBzxB2cVfiAYdqwjftLBaF1

According to Linus’ Law, “given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow”. That’s one of the reasons why Shadow’s source code is publicly available; but merely making the source code available doesn’t accomplish anything if people don’t read it!

For this reason, Shadow has a series of bug bounties. Similar to the bounties offered by Mozilla and Google, Shadow bug bounties provide an opportunity for people who find bugs to be compensated. Unlike those programs, however, Shadow’s bounties are not limited to security vulnerabilities.

Depending on the type of bug and when it is reported, different bounties will be awarded. Bounties are paid out in SDC, at the 3-day average of each to a fixed US Dollar value.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bug Bounties and Rewards

$1500

Deanonymize ShadowChat or ShadowSend (proof that a protocol is not anonymous)

$750

A flaw in the protocol that allows for theft or loss of funds

$500

A bug in the reference client that leads to consensus issues

$250

A bug which causes data corruption or loss

$100

A bug which causes the application to crash

$50

Other non-harmless bugs

$10

‘Harmless’ bugs, e.g. cosmetic errors

*Bounties will be paid out for bugs found in the master branch of the official GitHub repositories.

More informations here : http://aboutshadow.com/index.php/bug-and-bounty-program

Github : https://github.com/SDCDev/shadowcoin
X68N

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 04:02:30 PM

Two fixes for comparison:

- Monero: it has a web wallet: mymonero.com
- DarkNote: it has a lite GUI wallet (the official one is LITE - it doesn't download blockchain to PC)

I miss in this comparsion ANC = Anoncoin, it the first coin on this anon topic.
BTC38 is in the china market well known. look -> http://www.btc38.com/trade_en.html

greetings

YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM meine Steuerdatei:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612741.msg19244732#msg19244732
safecoin

Activity: 35
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2015, 03:20:33 AM

It seems to me that Coakcoin should be in this list as well.

I realize earlier versions were lacking, but they've done significant development.

Any comments on the coin, or why it's currently ommited?
ffmad
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 01:46:47 PM

I realize earlier versions were lacking, but they've done significant development.

It's exactly like I said for NavajoCoin, we don't need to add shitcoins to that comparison.

For Boolberry, is developement still going on that coin ?

For ANC, did they delivered something at last ? Last time I checked, they had still delivered nothing new :/

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀                  ▀████
███▀   ▄████████████▄   ▀███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    ████      ████    ███
███    █████████████▀   ▄███
███    ████            ▄████
██    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
fparticlf█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀ ▀ ▀                    █
█                          █
█    ▀▀█▄                  █
█       █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█      █
█        █▄       ▄█▀      █
█         █▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀        █
█          █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █
█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█      █
█       █▀█      █▀█       █
█   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
█        ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄        █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.Infinite .
.Markets.
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ████  ████  ████  ████  █
.Public or..
.Private  ...
█ ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█          ▄▄▄▄▄           █
█         █▀   ▀█          █
█        █▀     ▀█         █
█      ▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄       █
█       ▄▀▀▄   ▄▀▀▄        █
█       ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀        █
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
safecoin

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 08:16:52 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2015, 09:06:09 PM by safecoin

It seems to me that Cloakcoin should be in this list as well.

It's exactly like I said for NavajoCoin, we don't need to add shitcoins to that comparison.
For ANC, did they delivered something at last ? Last time I checked, they had still delivered nothing new :/

I'm not currently affiliated with any of these coins, and I can appreciate that perspective.

May I ask, in your opinion, what is the technical difference between Cloakcoin and Darkcoin, other than price, that makes one go on the list and the other not?

Both have shady histories and distribution questions.

Both lack decentralized anonymity

Both, despite other questions, have never had their anonymity broken.

Clarification would be appreciated.   Not looking for an arguement, just seeking a technical comparison.

p.s....maybe change "darknote" to "digitalnote"?

bbreconomy

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 09:22:43 PM

Boolberry development continues, but is in great condition already as demonstrated by the comparison chart above
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=985039.msg11792253#msg11792253

https://github.com/cryptozoidberg/boolberry
Lead developer has made recent commits to GitHub and has stated that BBR is still his primary project. Has been busy with another cryptonote PoS project for several months. See bitcointalk comments. Cryptozoidberg will be back to work on BBR more.
ffmad
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 01:25:26 AM

Boolberry development continues, but is in great condition already as demonstrated by the comparison chart above
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=985039.msg11792253#msg11792253

https://github.com/cryptozoidberg/boolberry
Lead developer has made recent commits to GitHub and has stated that BBR is still his primary project. Has been busy with another cryptonote PoS project for several months. See bitcointalk comments. Cryptozoidberg will be back to work on BBR more.

Looks like he is more active, but as no real development was done since January it may be interesting to add BBR only if it continues.

I'm not currently affiliated with any of these coins, and I can appreciate that perspective.

May I ask, in your opinion, what is the technical difference between Cloakcoin and Darkcoin, other than price, that makes one go on the list and the other not?

Both have shady histories and distribution questions.

Both lack decentralized anonymity

Both, despite other questions, have never had their anonymity broken.

Clarification would be appreciated.   Not looking for an arguement, just seeking a technical comparison.

p.s....maybe change "darknote" to "digitalnote"?

If Dash was 90th on marketcap it wouldn't even be in the comparison, but too many people buy it because of it's "anonymity" feature ... It may be why it needs to be compared to real anon coins.

And you can't compare a pump & dump like Cloakcoin (many many people were burnt on that coin), and a coin like Dash that kept a good value after each pump.

You're right on "digitalnote", comparison should be updated next week.

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀                  ▀████
███▀   ▄████████████▄   ▀███
███    █████████████▀   ▄███
███    ████            ▄████
██    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
fparticlf█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀ ▀ ▀                    █
█    ▀▀█▄                  █
█       █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█      █
█        █▄       ▄█▀      █
█         █▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀        █
█          █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █
█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█      █
█       █▀█      █▀█       █
█   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
█        ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄        █
.Infinite .
.Markets.
.Public or..
.Private  ...
█ ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█          ▄▄▄▄▄           █
█         █▀   ▀█          █
█        █▀     ▀█         █
█      ▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄       █
█       ▄▀▀▄   ▄▀▀▄        █
█       ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀        █
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
safecoin

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 07:33:40 PM

If Dash was 90th on marketcap it wouldn't even be in the comparison, but too many people buy it because of it's "anonymity" feature ... It may be why it needs to be compared to real anon coins.

And you can't compare a pump & dump like Cloakcoin (many many people were burnt on that coin), and a coin like Dash that kept a good value after each pump.

You're right on "digitalnote", comparison should be updated next week.

True to your subject heading, then, the focus is on the most known, rather than the most anonymous.   Which is interesting, but unfortunate that the two are far from the same thing.

A couple questions:

Have you looked at cloakcoin since their dpos3 implementation?   IMHO they have evolved far past the "shit coin" stage, but curious as to what impact others thinks this has.
http://cloakcoin.com/downloads/posa3wp.pdf

Is Monero truely anonymous?   I am not so sure.   More interesting still, some Monero Devs will Admit that the coin isn't fully anonymous, with known solutions, yet none have been implemented.
https://lab.getmonero.org/pubs/MRL-0004.pdf

Based on this, IMHO, the only Truly anonymous Cryptonote coin (other than the Digitalnote hybrid) is Boolberry.     

Granted:  Boolberry is far less popular, has less value, and there are big questions around future DEV involvement, as you've pointed out.

But unfortunately, "well-known" does not necessarily imply true anonymity.   
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 12:39:44 AM

True to your subject heading, then, the focus is on the most known, rather than the most anonymous.   Which is interesting, but unfortunate that the two are far from the same thing.

Why don't you make your own thread then? I see nothing wrong with comparing the most known anonymous coins, although it certainly isn't the only way to compare coins or to choose coins to compare.
safecoin

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 03:51:11 AM

Why don't you make your own thread then? I see nothing wrong with comparing the most known anonymous coins, although it certainly isn't the only way to compare coins or to choose coins to compare.

I don't see anything wrong with it either, nor so I see a point to splitting the topic into tow threads.  I just wish that the most anonymous coins were more synonymous with the most known "anonymous" coins.

ffmad has also alluded to this.   I don't think there's much arguement there.    Whether some of the other anonymous coins make the "most known" list or not, I feel this is a good home for discussion on them and comparison of them.
erok

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 03:42:43 AM

I don't see anything wrong with it either, nor so I see a point to splitting the topic into tow threads.  I just wish that the most anonymous coins were more synonymous with the most known "anonymous" coins.

ffmad has also alluded to this.   I don't think there's much arguement there.    Whether some of the other anonymous coins make the "most known" list or not, I feel this is a good home for discussion on them and comparison of them.
imo cloak hasn't delivered shit yet and you are being polite yet trying to be persistently persuasive with crappymomstyle questioning. "Don't you feel like you SHOULD invest just a little in Enron while it's climbing? I mean, they say it is a sure thing and it sounds nice..." NO MOM! just... no. put down the bonds and take a step back from the etrade account for a bit. While I do not care for the taste cloak left in my mouth and ass, I tried to keep an open mind with the relaunch until recently.

Obvious reasons for ineligibility good sir in my humble opinion:
1. It is not open source.
2. Has not proven through a 3rd party that it can do shit. Just some beta testers yelling "DID YOU SEND IT?" "YA I GOT IT" "I AM SENDING BACK" "DID YOU SEND IT" and so on... I understand an audit is coming but the after effects WWE-style promo for the 17th didn't help shit when it turned out to be delayed then beta then no posa3 yet then they say they are not open sourcing it.
3. Didn't have a comparable market cap when thread was started because it came out that the source was scrapped for worthlessness.
4. Cloak was a pump game shill coin aimed at fomo whores and was a perfect example of such. Someone rebooting the coin will have to address 1-3 of the aforementioned before anyone will give a shit and 1+2 will be much easier than 3 as the marketcap usually follows those that deliver consistently. Sometimes it follows those that deliver the wrong things but you can't win em all.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
RajRambo

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 03:58:24 AM
Last edit: July 21, 2015, 04:08:48 AM by RajRambo

Hey Dofus! Why you no add BBR??  Shocked
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:33:17 AM

Not at all clear it is among the 'best known' at this point. Not even on the first page of coinmarketcap.
safecoin

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2015, 06:36:19 AM

imo cloak hasn't delivered shit yet and you are being polite yet trying to be persistently persuasive with crappymomstyle questioning.

Yes, I am being polite, and I am sorry you see that is a red flag.   No, I do not have a vested interest in any of these coins at this point in time.  That includes cloak.  In fact, I would say that if a coin were to be added to the list at this time, the front-runner would probably be boolberry.   I am sorry you had a bad experience with cloak.  
erok

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 07:40:58 AM

imo cloak hasn't delivered shit yet and you are being polite yet trying to be persistently persuasive with crappymomstyle questioning.

Yes, I am being polite, and I am sorry you see that is a red flag.   No, I do not have a vested interest in any of these coins at this point in time.  That includes cloak.  In fact, I would say that if a coin were to be added to the list at this time, the front-runner would probably be boolberry.   I am sorry you had a bad experience with cloak.  

While I do appreciate bbreconomy's direct approach to advertising bbr and putting things in nice bulletpoints...  

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
RajRambo

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 02:05:31 PM

Not at all clear it is among the 'best known' at this point. Not even on the first page of coinmarketcap.

Fuck off Monero dev!!! 

Everythread is your spam.  Who the fuck are you to say what coins should be listed here?  See any other coin devs spamming their shit like you and attacking people on other threads?

Go eat some spam.  You're a disgrace to developers.

https://i.imgur.com/t4GLNFo.png
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: