Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:13:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sfards:SF100, the first 28nm Dual-Mode Miner is accepting pre-order now  (Read 129567 times)
jekecoin

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 08:50:47 AM

We are sorry we didn't update the information for a long time.
Due to the uncertainty of crypto currency industry, to lower down the risk, we adjusted our strategy. We suspended our retail market, and focus on our VIP customers and the data center setup by ourselves. Because retail market need a bigger team to provide marketing, sales, customer service and technical support etc. It means the higher operating costs.
We are very happy to announce that our new batch will be ready at the end of Nov. The most machines are already booked out, only left very limit amount of machines. We suspend the plan to add machines in our farm, and now open the remaining batch for sale,  the price will be $1150 for each, and only accept 100+ order. it will be ready to ship at the end of Nov.

P.S.
We already added new wafer order, now we accept the booking for chips and miners.
SF3301: qty:2000+ , $25 per chip, the greater the number of the more discount
(We already open source our miner spec, please find it from https://github.com/sfards)

SF100(or same hashrate, new model): $1050 per miner, qty from 100+

Shipping date: Jan, 2016
Thanks for the news Smiley

Hard obsoleto                    VPS: Digitalocean                     Cloudmining: Cex.io · EOBOT                    Gambling: Primedice

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 08:55:53 AM

Due to the uncertainty of crypto currency industry, to lower down the risk, we adjusted our strategy. We suspended our retail market, and focus on our VIP customers and the data center setup by ourselves. Because retail market need a bigger team to provide marketing, sales, customer service and technical support etc. It means the higher operating costs.
We are very happy to announce that our new batch will be ready at the end of Nov. The most machines are already booked out, only left very limit amount of machines. We suspend the plan to add machines in our farm, and now open the remaining batch for sale,  the price will be $1150 for each, and only accept 100+ order. it will be ready to ship at the end of Nov.

P.S.
We already added new wafer order, now we accept the booking for chips and miners.
(We already open source our miner spec, please find it from https://github.com/sfards)

Thanks for the news Smiley

way too high for price and I think most folk on here would not (even if they could) buy bulk 100 of these puppies..just saying..its like a ride in space via SpaceX..nice to know I could buy a ticket and get my cute little NASA astronaut pin...but unfortunately the price is too high Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 09:16:01 AM

P.S.

Thanks for update.  I had a feeling it went to internal mining.  Did not think I would ever know if true.

Nice to see you are transparent now about mining them yourself.   Will these be new machines or are you selling machines that have been used in data center?
Sfards (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 09:54:53 AM

P.S.

Thanks for update.  I had a feeling it went to internal mining.  Did not think I would ever know if true.

Nice to see you are transparent now about mining them yourself.   Will these be new machines or are you selling machines that have been used in data center?

We will ship the truly new machines. If we will sell used machines, we will state clearly. Smiley
MarkAz

Activity: 687
Merit: 511

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 10:52:28 AM

Boy, it's so hard to evaluate this miner - what makes it cool (the dual mining aspect), also makes hard to compare.  The efficiency of the SHA256 side is slightly better than an S5, so based on it's hash rate (assuming you pay $400 for it) you're looking at a SHA256 value of $588... The efficiency of the scrypt side is far more interesting, since it's close to a Titan, and pretty much all the scrypt gear sells for ~$8/MH, so about $448.  Combine those, and you get $1036 - pretty close to their number.  

I've wanted to pick one up just to play with and see what it's like and whether it was worth picking up a bunch, but the min quantity 100 is a deal killer - and if that's their quantity 100 pricing, forget it.  It's a shame, apart from the pricing it looks like a cool piece of kit - but really, when it comes to mining, very little matters more than pricing.  Wink
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:19:05 PM

Dual miner Grin
I am wandareing what the hell of buggy fork will be able to efficiently mine on two !SEPARATE! Pools Grin ltc/btc simultaneously ...
And I liked the part when BTC price move up all of us get exited and order and order and finaly all of us home miners get fucked...
The winers are China brothres for sure selling long premined  new machines Grin

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 11:24:23 PM

The real problem, just like they ran into on the GC3355, is that the SHA256 side is not all that impressive, and will be unprofitable far too soon to be able to RoI the machine - and the Scrypt side is reliant on a coin that seems to be losing any chance at staying power, making it really hard to figure if you will even RoI the scrypt side or not.

The whole "dual miner" concept should never have been revisited, you end up with a machine that's halfway obsolescent far too soon for way too high a premium.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 12:53:39 AM

The real problem, just like they ran into on the GC3355, is that the SHA256 side is not all that impressive, and will be unprofitable far too soon to be able to RoI the machine - and the Scrypt side is reliant on a coin that seems to be losing any chance at staying power, making it really hard to figure if you will even RoI the scrypt side or not.

The whole "dual miner" concept should never have been revisited, you end up with a machine that's halfway obsolescent far too soon for way too high a premium.

Agreed.  The thing is the whole "dual miner" feature is something that will mainly interest hobby miners.  The 1050$ price point isn't half bad but I'm not all that worried about great efficiency or fast RoI.  I just want a space heater for the winter and I just don't feel right with such a low energy bill and no fans whirring 24/7.  I'm about to throw my 7950s back in the old milk crates and fire those about again if I don't get one of these or an S7.  So quiet and cold around here with no mining.  Sad

So yeah, it seems like they are focusing on the wrong audience.  I maybe interested in a group buy or if anyone creates a decent stick miner from the chips though.
carlosmnk

Activity: 572
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:43:03 AM

Dual miner Grin
I am wandareing what the hell of buggy fork will be able to efficiently mine on two !SEPARATE! Pools Grin ltc/btc simultaneously ...
And I liked the part when BTC price move up all of us get exited and order and order and finaly all of us home miners get fucked...

Hi, it can run separatelly pools, you need to put the pools on each side separatelly  Wink

Played with: USB RedFury - BlackArrows Prospero X1/X3 - Butterfly Monarch- Spondoolies SP20E - Avalon 6 - Antminer U3/S3/S3+/C1/S5/S7 Batches 3-7-8 - Sfards SF100 - Innosilicon A2 Terminator - Alcheminer 96/256 - KNC Titan - Etherum Rigs
carlosmnk

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:43:57 AM

P.S.

Chips are what I am excited for 25$ a chip, lets get someone on making a custom miner stat!

I'm very interested on that!!

The scrypt eficiency is very good!!

Played with: USB RedFury - BlackArrows Prospero X1/X3 - Butterfly Monarch- Spondoolies SP20E - Avalon 6 - Antminer U3/S3/S3+/C1/S5/S7 Batches 3-7-8 - Sfards SF100 - Innosilicon A2 Terminator - Alcheminer 96/256 - KNC Titan - Etherum Rigs
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:52:47 AM

Dual miner Grin

Hi, it can run separatelly pools, you need to put the pools on each side separatelly  Wink

Yes from what I've read you can set different pools as it's needed.  One will be a BTC pool, and one a LTC pool.

Hopefully we hear more soon.  It could be interesting.
carlosmnk

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 02:00:42 AM

Dual miner Grin

Yes from what I've read you can set different pools as it's needed.  One will be a BTC pool, and one a LTC pool.

Hopefully we hear more soon.  It could be interesting.

I love this miner, i can consider to enter into a group buy...  Grin

BTW it is controlled by a raspberry pi using USB (nice detail)

lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 05:01:10 AM

$1050...eh, I'd consider it just for the hell of it.  100 though?  Not a chance.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:03:09 AM

P.S.

We will ship the truly new machines. If we will sell used machines, we will state clearly. Smiley

Heh as a PROMO idea you should probably from that aspect sell some units on here via bitcointalk from all the promo we've done for your home miner product (yet can't get in 100 lot sizes). Just saying ..it would be a small pain in the butt for big rewards word of mouth wise imho....(then again I'm just rambling to myself now)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 10:52:33 AM

The other problem with the 100 minimum is that most folks will end up having to buy from a reseller - which will make the already TOO HIGH price WAY TOO HIGH.

I'm also still very concerned about the longevity, given the serious issues reported by the only ones anyone has reported about "in the wild" to date.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:19:51 AM

The other problem with the 100 minimum is that most folks will end up having to buy from a reseller - which will make the already TOO HIGH price WAY TOO HIGH.

I'm also still very concerned about the longevity, given the serious issues reported by the only ones anyone has reported about "in the wild" to date.

It might take a group buy to get one of these.  A 100 goal is a little hard even at group buy.

Someone trusted would likely need to do a group buy, and work with them on a lower MOQ for a certain area to buy.
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 05:31:17 PM

Dual miner Grin

Hi,
I suppose it is closed source fork and each side is ....?
10x

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 10:42:37 AM

Does they still offer their miners?..  Huh

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
jadefalke
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 11:43:22 AM

Who cares, they are not interesting anymore for that price, since BTC Diff Skyrocketed. You will never ever ROI.
carlosmnk

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 02:34:22 PM

Who cares, they are not interesting anymore for that price, since BTC Diff Skyrocketed. You will never ever ROI.

Only with the Scrypt part; 220w for 50/54 Mhs is not as bad...  Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: