Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:34:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916266 times)
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 07:18:32 PM

Update

The market finds a way for more liquidity. What we want to emphasis again is that we are neutral towards all shareholders, treating each share and shareholder with no difference. We neither support nor disapprove any non-harmful usage of our shares. And we are not involved in any form of derivatives. We also take no benefits from them besides their positive externality.

We were not great timeline holders so we would like to keep us from giving empty estimated dates. But the next week may possibly see our occupation of more portion in the whole network. Also the second batch is on its way and we are becoming much more prepared to them.

We are fully aware of that we currently owe the board members more active contact and the community the samples. But we have to put effort to the shareholders' side most. We have a lot of plans and ideas to share with the board, and will keep the promise to deliver the trial boards.

Using satoshis to represent share numbers, is both an asking for confirmation and an assurance to us that the transaction will be legal with each week's modification by trading.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 07:35:25 PM

Update

The market finds a way for more liquidity. What we want to emphasis again is that we are neutral towards all shareholders, treating each share and shareholder with no difference. We neither support nor disapprove any non-harmful usage of our shares. And we are not involved in any form of derivatives. We also take no benefits from them besides their positive externality.

We were not great timeline holders so we would like to keep us from giving empty estimated dates. But the next week may possibly see our occupation of more portion in the whole network. Also the second batch is on its way and we are becoming much more prepared to them.

We are fully aware of that we currently owe the board members more active contact and the community the samples. But we have to put effort to the shareholders' side most. We have a lot of plans and ideas to share with the board, and will keep the promise to deliver the trial boards.

Using satoshis to represent share numbers, is both an asking for confirmation and an assurance to us that the transaction will be legal with each week's modification by trading.

Thanks for the update....

Can you elaborate on where you are hashing at the moment and under which usernames/IDs.... So we can keep track of our hashing power :-)
matauc12

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 07:41:15 PM

Update

Can we at very least know what and where we are hashing? Was kinda hoping for that this week...
velacreations

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 08:12:45 PM

Can we at very least know what and where we are hashing? Was kinda hoping for that this week...
It really should be part of every weekly update...

Gabit

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 09:04:17 PM

Could shareholders get a dedicated forum?
SmiGueL

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 09:06:51 PM

Can you elaborate on where you are hashing at the moment and under which usernames/IDs.... So we can keep track of our hashing power :-)

I would also like to know that Smiley

The ~4 TH/s on BTCGuild is pretty clear,
But I'm not sure whether to add Anonymous from ozco.in to the graph of ASICMINER Hashing Speed.
(When the  bitfountainx user stopped, the Anonymous user hashrate rised as mentioned here. And the next morning the opposite happened as I mentioned here.

IF that is true, that would mean an average Hash Speed of 7 / 8 TH/s at the moment.

Asicminer Hashrate Charts @ www.asicminercharts.com

Donations BTC: 1SmiGSGWXzD5aZhmw3jyfpBFCgiki45MT
JaredR26

Activity: 219

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 09:08:33 PM

I would also like to know that Smiley

The ~4 TH/s on BTCGuild is pretty clear,
But I'm not sure whether to add Anonymous from ozco.in to the graph of ASICMINER Hashing Speed.
(When the  bitfountainx user stopped, the Anonymous user hashrate rised as mentioned here. And the next morning the opposite happened as I mentioned. here.

IF that is true, that would mean an average Hash Speed of 7 / 8 TH/s at the moment.

Honestly I'd rather them not tell us.

If we know where/how much we are hashing, our competition can make estimates and move to counter our hashing.  The lack of knowledge about our hashpower may make them hesitate(or rashly bite off more than they can chew).  If they get in the habit of keeping things under wraps now, ultimately shareholders may benefit more than the comfort of having numbers.
bitfair

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 09:42:54 PM

Keeping an eye on the competition: BFL chips have arrived in the packaging facility, scheduled for packaging on Wednesday (subject to change).

In other words, they still have a long way to go before their customers can start hashing. I would guess at least another two weeks...

Replying to myself here with another speculation:

BFL is expecting 5000 chips in their first batch, clocked at 350 MHz, with 16 cores each. Multiply them all together, looks like their first batch is only 28 TH/s. That is a lot lower than the estimates I have seen earlier, around 150 TH/s -- but that was probably their total number of preorders.

Also no news on their packaging.

TLDR; BFL won't be a serious threat for a long time yet.
phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 10:01:18 PM

Keeping an eye on the competition: BFL chips have arrived in the packaging facility, scheduled for packaging on Wednesday (subject to change).

In other words, they still have a long way to go before their customers can start hashing. I would guess at least another two weeks...

BFL is expecting 5000 chips in their first batch, clocked at 350 MHz, with 16 cores each. Multiply them all together, looks like their first batch is only 28 TH/s. That is a lot lower than the estimates I have seen earlier, around 150 TH/s -- but that was probably their total number of preorders.

BFL has actually 75000 Chips in preorders. They are expected to bring around 750 TH until june 2013 (BFL-Time)

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
interlagos

Activity: 496

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 10:15:39 PM

BFL has actually 75000 Chips in preorders. They are expected to bring around 750 TH until june 2013 (BFL-Time)

Add to this around 1 Petahash in June from these guys:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=146371.msg1580984#msg1580984

And around 40 TH (500 units x 80 GH) from these guys within next week (if they are real):
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=148832.msg1597462#msg1597462

So the mining landscape is changing drastically. Avalon and BFL don't look all that scary anymore.

I hope friedcat has some serious plans for the summer period.
I'm not sure anybody can compete with 28nm SOI at the moment (as in the first linked thread), but ASICMINER can work together with them!
Deprived

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 11:11:04 PM

And around 40 TH (500 units x 80 GH) from these guys within next week (if they are real):

So the mining landscape is changing drastically. Avalon and BFL don't look all that scary anymore.

I'm not sure anybody can compete with 28nm SOI at the moment (as in the first linked thread), but ASICMINER can work together with them!

The 40 TH one is definitely a scam.

The 1 Petahash one could be real or could be scam - no way to know yet.  If some company bites on their offer then that company will find out based on whether they get given a demo or asked for some cash up front for some unforeseen problem that just cropped up.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1077

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2013, 11:19:05 PM

...we currently owe the board members more active contact and the community the samples.

WHY? I understand it right that someone will get an asic right? But first its said all shareholders will be treated the same and then a sample should be given to someone? That doesnt make sense to me. Even when it would be to start the selling of asics it wouldnt make sense at this point anymore because everyone knows quite fine now that the asics work.

I would have appreaciated to get info about what part of work is the thing that slows down everything so that we could think about a solution.

Anyway... i appreciate the work you guys do and thank you for it. Plus the dividends i got so far... Smiley But please give some more informations to the shareholders so they dont have to guess so much fruitlessly... i mean writing a post is a matter of some minutes only...

Honestly I'd rather them not tell us.

If we know where/how much we are hashing, our competition can make estimates and move to counter our hashing.  The lack of knowledge about our hashpower may make them hesitate(or rashly bite off more than they can chew).  If they get in the habit of keeping things under wraps now, ultimately shareholders may benefit more than the comfort of having numbers.

I think theres no danger. Each of these companies are working as hard as they can... at least they should... because time is money. It wouldnt change anything if they knew that asicminer is mining with 62GH now... Smiley Going after your argumentation it could even be the opposite... that they feel like giving up and lose hope because they see others dominating the market...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
matauc12

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 11:35:58 PM

I am fine with updates not talking about the future, your every move, Q&A. Even the financials, if they are not done time is better spent somewhere else.

But current available information that basically just needs confirmation bugs me a bit. At least if I have to wait another week for it.
interlagos

Activity: 496

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 11:58:40 PM

The 40 TH one is definitely a scam.

My crystal ball says they are not, but we will find out soon enough Smiley

The 1 Petahash one could be real or could be scam - no way to know yet.  If some company bites on their offer then that company will find out based on whether they get given a demo or asked for some cash up front for some unforeseen problem that just cropped up.

Those guys look way too serious to be a scam, but I agree that prices and unexpected costs might be a set back for some.
They promised to make a joint public announcement with their two approved B2C partners by the end of March.

Interesting times ahead!
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 11:59:52 PM

I think theres no danger. Each of these companies are working as hard as they can... at least they should... because time is money. It wouldnt change anything if they knew that asicminer is mining with 62GH now... Smiley Going after your argumentation it could even be the opposite... that they feel like giving up and lose hope because they see others dominating the market...

It did cost alot of money, sweat and blood for this to deserve the TH instead of GH. It is the least you can do man....

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2013, 12:37:06 AM

It did cost alot of money, sweat and blood for this to deserve the TH instead of GH. It is the least you can do man....

Right... that result would be a bit poor... Smiley

VeeMiner

Activity: 752

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 08:27:23 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2013, 08:38:08 AM by VeeMiner

PrimeAsic is 95% a scam, the other company seems interesting, but we will have to wait for further development. The only other asic than ASICMINER and Avalon, which will likely deliver is currently BFL. However it might take them months to deliver enough machines to make any difference in difficulty. In these months ASICMINER will mine a lot of BTC and they will have capital for enlarging the business. Friedcat proved to be a very good enterpreneur and I believe that the company will not only reach 50 Thash but also will be selling ASICS for "home" use in next months. As a shareholder I also hope that we will be the first ones to be able to order a working miner for home use.

I think that ASICMINER should work on developing "home" mining devices because it's not good to centralize the mining too much. Not good for Bitcoin overall I mean.
Gabit

Activity: 145

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 08:44:52 AM

Agree, in multiple levels (assuming these 28nm guys are legit, and their product is superior):
1) Buying a percentage of their production, would secure our share of the network
2) Making boards our selves would reduce the cost, hedging against those who would buy them assembled (=other miners have to pay profits of the assembly company)
3) Asicminer would be able to sell those assembled boards. Those would secure some of our profit / hashrate out there.
4) Asicminer should sell as much as possible those boards to shareholders, thus generating extra value to them (I'm greedy, I know)
5) Reduced R&D costs

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2013, 11:21:05 AM

but also will be selling ASICS for "home" use in next months.

I hope that time wont come so fast because then the profits would move to single persons instead to the shareholders in a whole. Plus... who will be favored to get a unit? And i hope the prices for the asics will be really high. When i see avalon that is selling the unit for $1299 and this unit is earning this:

Coins   Dollars
per Day   ฿7.48    $321.97
per Week   ฿52.39   $2,253.82
per Month   ฿227.51   $9,788.01

Then thats an extremely stupid thing to sell it at this price i think. You create competition, earn less this way and would have made way more in one single week. I mean think about it... you sell something and could have done twice as much as you sell it for in one week. So you sold it for peanuts for a one time gain while you could have earned way way more over time. Only in one year a hundred times as much. So if the shareholders would be asked i would never say yes to such stupid prices. Plus you create competition that leads to less own miningearning.

But at least that time wont come so soon.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1042

👻

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 11:50:39 AM

but also will be selling ASICS for "home" use in next months.

I hope that time wont come so fast because then the profits would move to single persons instead to the shareholders in a whole. Plus... who will be favored to get a unit? And i hope the prices for the asics will be really high. When i see avalon that is selling the unit for $1299 and this unit is earning this:

Coins   Dollars
per Day   ฿7.48    $321.97
per Week   ฿52.39   $2,253.82
per Month   ฿227.51   $9,788.01

Then thats an extremely stupid thing to sell it at this price i think. You create competition, earn less this way and would have made way more in one single week. I mean think about it... you sell something and could have done twice as much as you sell it for in one week. So you sold it for peanuts for a one time gain while you could have earned way way more over time. Only in one year a hundred times as much. So if the shareholders would be asked i would never say yes to such stupid prices. Plus you create competition that leads to less own miningearning.

But at least that time wont come so soon.
When people actually get their avalons, the difficulty will increase by so much that you shouldn't use that "calculator".
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: