Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:09:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916268 times)
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1077

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 08:02:07 PM

Grab what you can afford and watch friedcat's posts religiously.

I wrote a bot that scrapes his "Latest Posts" page and sends me an email and text message when he posts anything.

That's the closest thing to religion that I practice.

I can suggest the best firefox extension for alarms for changes in webspages. AlertBox.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 08:20:37 PM

I've just created a new site which combines all my ASICMINER hashrate charts (almost) full-screen on 1 page  Cool

www.asicminercharts.com

In the next days/weeks I'll improve it by creating a light & dark version, and maybe some thumbs at the top or side to quickly navigate to the desired chart Smiley

Great... i had the problem with some charts in google docs that i only could see the left part... the right part was hidden when the browser was too thin and there was no bar to move it. This website solves this... thanks...

By the way... is the other google docs, from the other user, gone that auto updated the shareprices too? I only see a google login for it.

Nope the google doc is still working at least mine is
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkPdXsQFT-vIdHRVUjQ5Ql9BQWR6OENLMkhyUktUblE#gid=12
Not sure what url your using though

That said the company is interesting
Bullish sentiment is high and rightly so
But pondering is it justified == Warren or Apple or just caused by a damn big dividend XD
That said I keep a base position I won't sell easily and then a speculator side ha-ha but am a long runner Smiley
He-he I get to be the bear sometimes hmm those need a nickname too Tongue

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 08:43:16 PM

I've just created a new site which combines all my ASICMINER hashrate charts (almost) full-screen on 1 page  Cool

www.asicminercharts.com

In the next days/weeks I'll improve it by creating a light & dark version, and maybe some thumbs at the top or side to quickly navigate to the desired chart Smiley

Great... i had the problem with some charts in google docs that i only could see the left part... the right part was hidden when the browser was too thin and there was no bar to move it. This website solves this... thanks...

By the way... is the other google docs, from the other user, gone that auto updated the shareprices too? I only see a google login for it.

Nope the google doc is still working at least mine is
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkPdXsQFT-vIdHRVUjQ5Ql9BQWR6OENLMkhyUktUblE#gid=12
Not sure what url your using though

That said the company is interesting
Bullish sentiment is high and rightly so
But pondering is it justified == Warren or Apple or just caused by a damn big dividend XD
That said I keep a base position I won't sell easily and then a speculator side ha-ha but am a long runner Smiley
He-he I get to be the bear sometimes hmm those need a nickname too Tongue

Thats SmiGuels chart... there was another chart of another user who had a chart with all shareprices automatically updated. I cant reach it anymore now.

freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 10:11:38 PM

The maximum share price possible would be approximately 20,999,950 (maximum number of bitcoins that could ever exist anywhere - the unspendable 50 coins generated in the genesis block by Satoshi) / 400,000 (outstanding shares of ASICMINER).

Not considering bitcoin that was or is lost or detroyed, the max it could ever be per share would be 52.499875 BTC.

So we have a ways to go.  Wink

You're forgetting the transaction fees, which are essentially infinite if we just have enough transactions, so thus the maximum price would be (infinite-50)/400K.

I also have a nice, red bridge for sale, if you want that. One owner only, located in San Francisco. 1,000 BTC only, you send first.

.b

The larger issue is that his math assumes that the only value for bitcoin would be to buy ASICMINER shares, which is impossible for a number of reasons, both logistical and economical.

The best answer for ASICMINER's top possible value: "The most anyone is willing to pay for it." Smiley

That and that maximum number of bitcoins is past our length of duration XD
Well unless we become cyborgs and ASIC miner develops cyber life chips
Now I'm just being silly  Tongue

And to Sebastian ah thought it was that one not sure then, sorry about that

GuiltySpark343

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 11:25:01 PM

Not considering bitcoin that was or is lost or destroyed, the max it could ever be per share would be 52.499875 BTC.

Haha you must be the one who has 1 AM-PT share asking at 52.499875 on BTC-TC website! Smiley

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
Ƀ:17wbDetEw2aESM5oWXbm5ih9NSdDruyWNT
SmiGueL

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 11:48:21 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2013, 11:42:29 AM by SmiGueL

I was aware of this problem (by accident because I've worked on 1280, 1680, and 1920 pixels wide monitors this week)
And I see it as a Google Docs bug...
The size of the chart depends on the monitor resolution when you create it..
So the sheet (I think it was this one) was created at a 1920 pixels wide monitor, and everyone who is viewing it in a lower resolution won't see the right and lower part of it :|
I've edited it now (don't ask how I did it Tongue) to be better viewable on lower resolution monitors, but on full HD monitors you now have a lot of white space around it  Undecided

The charts on the site always adjusts to the width of the monitor resolution Smiley
*Currently changing the host, so may be down for a short time

Asicminer Hashrate Charts @ www.asicminercharts.com

Donations BTC: 1SmiGSGWXzD5aZhmw3jyfpBFCgiki45MT
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 01:54:13 AM

Im going to say it. I have a target of 10BTC for Asicminer before fall. 5BTC within 30 days.
Aureum_Coffee

Activity: 130

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 02:25:02 AM

I can suggest the best firefox extension for alarms for changes in webspages. AlertBox.

How do you configure AlertBox? 

Installed and chose one of Friedcat's post, right click on Friedcat and added an alert to the element.

The pages keep adding up in the forum.  AlertBox checks updates on a single page.  Maybe I am missing something here?
Aureum_Coffee

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 02:37:40 AM

Guys let's not get too excited here.

Sometimes companies pay out a one time special dividend that's way above normal.  Microsoft did that once.  The most recent case is Costco and Wynn Resorts (of Las Vegas fame).

There are some companies on Nasdaq or NYSE that pays out 90% of taxable income.  These are the investment trust companies.  These companies pays out 90% of the income to get tax advantages.  Try ticker symbol MPW, HGT.

More about HGT: http://seekingalpha.com/article/608191-hugoton-royalty-trust-how-to-buy-60-cents-for-a-dollar

Full Disclosure: I am not endorsing any companies mentioned.  Using them as example only.
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 04:12:56 AM

Sometimes companies pay out a one time special dividend that's way above normal.  Microsoft did that once.  The most recent case is Costco and Wynn Resorts (of Las Vegas fame).

There are some companies on Nasdaq or NYSE that pays out 90% of taxable income.  These are the investment trust companies.  These companies pays out 90% of the income to get tax advantages.  Try ticker symbol MPW, HGT.

More about HGT: http://seekingalpha.com/article/608191-hugoton-royalty-trust-how-to-buy-60-cents-for-a-dollar

Full Disclosure: I am not endorsing any companies mentioned.  Using them as example only.

Yes, my prediction is that if it's AM policy to pay out earnings after only retaining enough for operations, future hardware orders and R&D for next-generation chips (rather than retain earnings for new ventures), that dividends will be relatively high in the near future from a sales bonanza on blades and sticks, then decline as customer demand for hardware declines (they'll either drop the price on blades or be content to sell fewer of them).

AM will not try to smooth out dividends to keep the share price high, and I don't have a problem with it. It will cause more volatility in the share price, though, which makes investing for the short-term riskier.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 04:15:00 AM

Yes, my prediction is that if it's AM policy to pay out earnings after only retaining enough for operations, future hardware orders and R&D for next-generation chips (rather than retain earnings for new ventures), that dividends will be relatively high in the near future from a sales bonanza on blades and sticks, then decline as customer demand for hardware declines (they'll either drop the price on blades or be content to sell fewer of them).

AM will not try to smooth out dividends to keep the share price high, and I don't have a problem with it. It will cause more volatility in the share price, though, which makes investing for the short-term riskier.

True with risk comes rewards but it will scare people in the short-term
That said breaking 0.2

ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 04:21:15 AM

That said breaking 0.2

I'm selling at best price on Bitfunder and BTCTC for a limited time. Sorry for the cheesy promo, but I know some of you will appreciate it.
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 04:37:35 AM

That said breaking 0.2

I'm selling at best price on Bitfunder and BTCTC for a limited time. Sorry for the cheesy promo, but I know some of you will appreciate it.

Gradually getting to 50,000 is a noble goal so cheesy promos are good Smiley

romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 04:55:53 AM

AM is going to pop or not relies on the 2nd gen
rethaw

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 05:14:21 AM

Aren't half of the shares kept by friedcat itself?

Yep, got it

Aureum_Coffee

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 05:35:14 AM

Honest question.

What does this mean by best price for a limited time?
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 06:10:26 AM

Honest question.

What does this mean by best price for a limited time?

Limited until someone notices it's a good deal and snaps it up.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 08:51:01 AM

How do you configure AlertBox? 

Installed and chose one of Friedcat's post, right click on Friedcat and added an alert to the element.

The pages keep adding up in the forum.  AlertBox checks updates on a single page.  Maybe I am missing something here?

AlertBox monitors a single webpage, a div on a page or something similar for changes. You can specify everything in detail too. Regex is possible too.
In case of friedcats posts i would do the following. Click on friedcats name, then on show last posts. There is a div around the last post. So when you rightclick in the free space between profile info at the left and last posts in the middle you go to alertpay in rightclickmenu and there chose the option "add alert for changes in clicked element" and before you click you see a black rectangle. Then you have an alert. You then can rightclick again and chose go to inbox. There you see your alarm. You can edit the time for re-check by clicking and editing, you can dropdown the entry by clicking on free space in the line. There are options too.
If you want to get an email alert for new posts you need to enable this in the options for this entry, then go at the top of the inbox there is settings, create an account at the website there enter the logins and save them. You can get a sound alarm only too of course.

ragmondo

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 09:01:09 AM

Aren't half of the shares kept by friedcat itself?

Yep, got it

And so every week, the man takes home a (50% of that figure above ) * (1 - 2%) dividend of that .

Every week.

OMG.
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 09:16:07 AM

The charts on the site always adjusts to the width of the monitor resolution Smiley
*Currently changing the host, so may be down for a short time
IMHO it would be much more readable if you added a bit more space on the left and on the right, like 10-15% of the page width at least.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
Pages: « 1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: