Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:56:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 [743] 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916355 times)
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 08:42:14 PM

Do you think that AM is still retaining something from dividends? I don't think so, from where? For last div we had 375 BTC from mining & 170 from franchising, it gives you 0.00136/share (without expenses), despite this we received awesome 0.0029/share (more than double), thanks to HW sales maybe. This week seem to be slowest ever, AM is not in rush and we'll likely see another ATL dividends.

Im pretty sure divs are retained. Since friedcat claimed this will move on some weeks and the divs constantly dropped over the weeks. If the retaining would have stopped then iam sure we would have seen a bigger div one week. I doubt that the retaining only is 10% so that we wouldnt notice when it stops.

You say bigger divs ... from where? BTCs aren't growing on trees, AM has BTCs from mining,sales and franchising.

1. Please show me from where should be these BTC retained?
2. And tell me for what? AM has already millions cash on accounts another millions in products and thousands of BTCs surplus in AM wallets, check last financial statement

AM has the biggest income from selling since a longer time. And the going down of divpayments are pretty consisting. We dont have the sales figures, it only shows in divs. So when friedcat retains we wont check it.
AM might have much money but friedcat stated they want to collect much funds to fund the development of newer tech and all the employees for this. Something like that.

I might be wrong but im relatively sure we would see at least a light jump in divs once the retaining stops.

I really would like to see friedcat communicating... i didnt get an answer to my latest pm too. He was different at the start of asicminer. He answered all pm's. I liked that definitely more. Maybe he doesnt know how to delegate.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 08:49:14 PM

The divs are just peanuts now, and will certainly get closer to zero soon. This is only for a period of time, but meanwhile who cares if we get 0.001 instead of 0.002? Or even zero? FC could retain 100% that would be ok for me: I believe he'll make a proper use of it, while on my side it would be just a bit of dust currently.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
bitcoin.newsfeed

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 09:01:30 PM

I really would like to see friedcat communicating... i didnt get an answer to my latest pm too. He was different at the start of asicminer. He answered all pm's. I liked that definitely more. Maybe he doesnt know how to delegate.

You know, people change, at the start he was a smart China geek, now thanks to the bitcoin community, he is sitting on one of the biggest stacks of btc worth millions, this can definitely change the man ... but who knows, maybe its just a shortage of time instead of lack of care about humble shareholders.

Like others, I would also like the regular updates. Now its Sunday in China and we'll likely see CUBE announcement, maybe with some other news ? Lets see

... Question Everything, Believe Nothing ...
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 10:07:15 PM

Might be but i had a different impression of friedcat when i started. I doubt he got corrupted now. At least he could hire a PR-Person that is with him and can bring infos online. It shouldnt be so hard to do and would give many people peace of mind.

Ha, that sounds like all the complaints about yxt. Very honest people, but at times just a tad too silent. Cheesy
Better than the other way around, at least!

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 10:26:07 PM

Might be but i had a different impression of friedcat when i started. I doubt he got corrupted now. At least he could hire a PR-Person that is with him and can bring infos online. It shouldnt be so hard to do and would give many people peace of mind.

Ha, that sounds like all the complaints about yxt. Very honest people, but at times just a tad too silent. Cheesy
Better than the other way around, at least!

Sure. But i get allergic about this noncommunicating behaviour in bitcoin land. Im switching between anger and resigning on this topic. What would i give for securities that consequently communicate even in the later stages...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
antirack

Activity: 489
Merit: 500

Immersionist

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 01:18:20 AM

People shouldn't assume it is a slam dunk super duper money maker.

Cooling aside, don't forget the infrastructure side of things. Assuming the plan is at least half baked and nothing happens to Bitcoin, this will be a super "super duper money maker".

The first system is tested with gen1 blades and basically just sits there waiting for something more powerful to come up. When AM gets new hardware, they can simply deploy the new boards where the 5000 gen1 blades are now sitting, the doc states they can handle the power and heat. The factory is probably a stone throw away from the farm. They don't even need to touch a power supply or LAN cable. That's how cloud hardware  should be built IMHO. If truly mobile, they could populate the farm at a factory and move it to the data center without work being done there. Or just park the container near a power feed and plugin an internet connection. This process can be repeated as many times as needed till the end-game.

Not sure on the 40nm or 28nm specs, but if it would be anything like KNC Jupiter (4 boards per 550GH/s unit?) they'd be replacing more than 5000*10.7Gh/s with over 678,500 GH/s within a matter of days or even hours (assuming they have enough Chinese factory workers to stick 5000 boards into backplanes). They don't even need to install a single power supply or LAN cable, it's already there. Who else could do that, and how? As the document said, "its implications go beyond this simple description". I think the question is not if it happens, it is when it happens. For all we know, if the container means anything there could be multiple locations doing the same thing at the same time.

But i get allergic about this noncommunicating behaviour in bitcoin land. Im switching between anger and resigning on this topic. What would i give for securities that consequently communicate even in the later stages...

FC has so far over-delivered not only once. They only sell what they have, they don't hype...
If we force him to spend his time communicating things that may change at a later point, or holding our hands on a daily basis, we are forcing him to give up one of the big advantages that we have.
backbone1106

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 10:02:30 AM

how to export my AM shares and sell? and what's the Fredcat's email address?
Endlessa

Activity: 335

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 10:15:02 AM

FC has so far over-delivered not only once. They only sell what they have, they don't hype...
If we force him to spend his time communicating things that may change at a later point, or holding our hands on a daily basis, we are forcing him to give up one of the big advantages that we have.

No your watching revisionist tv.  FC has never ever ever delivered the network hashrate AM was suppose to have mining.  FC has never sold an item with a fair price that offered break even value given the difficulty.  Also, most people aren't asking for "daily communication", but would like to know why the fuck they shouldn't sell their share given there has been nothing offered up but something "amazing" is coming and "wait till the next announcement"

P.S. fuck you if your response is "It's more profitable to rip our customers off than to mine with our equipment" (Why mine with something you know will not return more money than you can rape a bunch of "losers" (sarcasm) for?")

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 10:36:01 AM

No your watching revisionist tv.  FC has never ever ever delivered the network hashrate AM was suppose to have mining.  FC has never sold an item with a fair price that offered break even value given the difficulty.  Also, most people aren't asking for "daily communication", but would like to know why the fuck they shouldn't sell their share given there has been nothing offered up but something "amazing" is coming and "wait till the next announcement"

P.S. fuck you if your response is "It's more profitable to rip our customers off than to mine with our equipment" (Why mine with something you know will not return more money than you can rape a bunch of "losers" (sarcasm) for?")

Do you know of any asic that can make a profit? Literally every asic sold as of now and probably in the future will not "make a profit" but people realize this and are ok with it. AM has delivered the hashrate AM was supposed to have.. At one point AM had 20% of the network hashrate but then when the "gold rush" begain with bfl shipping AM sold a bunch of asics that might or might not reach ROI and made a substantial profit to fuel next gen research and development..

You need to understand the costs involved with running an Asic business. FC started with 144nm tech which they got out faster than any other asic manufacturer and that payed off. You say that nothing has been announced but this is completely inaccurate. We know exactly what AM is planning to do which is investing in gen2 chips that will use either 65/55/45nm tech and then gen3 which is 28nm announced for 1st quarter of 2014. If you haven't noticed the Asicminer cube is nearly as efficient as anything on the market right now but that doesn't mean AM can profit from using 144nm tech any further for solomining. They already filled their datacenter and are now waiting for gen2 to simply swap out the old tech with the new.

But please keep reading your source that provides literally no facts and keep spreading misinformation on the forum.
velacreations

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 02:20:10 PM

FC has never ever ever delivered the network hashrate AM was suppose to have mining.  
AM had 30% for a while, 20% for longer than that, and over 10% even longer than that.
What percentage was he "supposed" to have?

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 02:54:01 PM

People shouldn't assume it is a slam dunk super duper money maker.

Cooling aside, don't forget the infrastructure side of things. Assuming the plan is at least half baked and nothing happens to Bitcoin, this will be a super "super duper money maker".

The first system is tested with gen1 blades and basically just sits there waiting for something more powerful to come up. When AM gets new hardware, they can simply deploy the new boards where the 5000 gen1 blades are now sitting, the doc states they can handle the power and heat. The factory is probably a stone throw away from the farm. They don't even need to touch a power supply or LAN cable. That's how cloud hardware  should be built IMHO. If truly mobile, they could populate the farm at a factory and move it to the data center without work being done there. Or just park the container near a power feed and plugin an internet connection. This process can be repeated as many times as needed till the end-game.

Not sure on the 40nm or 28nm specs, but if it would be anything like KNC Jupiter (4 boards per 550GH/s unit?) they'd be replacing more than 5000*10.7Gh/s with over 678,500 GH/s within a matter of days or even hours (assuming they have enough Chinese factory workers to stick 5000 boards into backplanes). They don't even need to install a single power supply or LAN cable, it's already there. Who else could do that, and how? As the document said, "its implications go beyond this simple description". I think the question is not if it happens, it is when it happens. For all we know, if the container means anything there could be multiple locations doing the same thing at the same time.

You make it sound as if plugging in power supplies and lan cables is the tricky and expensive part, while producing 28nm chips is the cheap and easy part. You may want to rethink that. To answer your hypothetical question: KnC could do that, their datacenter is right next to their assembly plant, Cointerra claim they will be able to do that.

But even if the datacenter is at the other part of the globe, you are only shaving off a few days, possibly weeks of deployment time, while AM is many months behind the competition.
Plazma

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 05:33:36 PM

hey guys. I'm casual and i have 1 share. can some1 tell me what I need to do to keep my share?

BTC: 1A1Mwjfw2mTko4N2UuVQ3RK4hXJunsPA3j
XMP: AcT3PK4wofjCMt6irN4HXENUqPvoBJRWk3
apollojmr

Activity: 311

The Power Of The Coin Is Awesome!!

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 06:41:33 PM

I believe ASICminer Will rise high again. We have seen nothing yet as a company that is capable of doing the things of this company is capable of. It is probably fair to say that at 5 bitcoins a share it was overpriced. If the bitcoins stay at $300 a coin I would say that at 3.5 coin a share would be right where it belongs. I just cannot stand all of the naysaying that I read here,  please stop. This is a company that has made a lot of people rich and a lot of people upset chasing the Dragon. However it is just like any other turbulent company with it's ups and downs. With the recent things that ASICminer has done it could be one of the most advanced companies in the world for one of the most advanced things in the world,  bitcoin mining. I hope you read this friedcat and you know that there are supporters still and that we are behind you but we need more communication. Communication will be the key to keeping this company going strong. If you stop communicating then the shares will drop. I for one am hanging on to my shares until I feel completely satisfied with this company will no longer produce.BTC

What you think you become. Bitrated user: apollojmr.
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 06:50:28 PM

When things go up, nobody really cares about communication.

When things go down, everyone wants to be reassured.
professorY

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 07:11:40 PM

Truth.

But I don't so much mind the naysayers. Leads to people panic selling = more cheap shares for those of us who still believe in AM's upside potential.

NotePad.io - Free, secure online notepad. Create & share (or keep private) rich notes, text and images.
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 07:22:40 PM

Truth.

But I don't so much mind the naysayers. Leads to people panic selling = more cheap shares for those of us who still believe in AM's upside potential.

That and the looming shadow of the SEC over the exchanges Smiley
internetguru

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 07:53:34 PM

I'm looking to buy shares PM me

Anyone have a history list showing how much dividends were paid out per share?

Oct 17, 2013 - 2.44 BTC
arnuschky

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 09:04:59 PM

https://www.havelockinvestments.com/fund.php?symbol=AM1#ui-tabs-3
velacreations

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 09:31:36 PM

that's only a partial list.  it doesn't include all of them.

msm595

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 09:54:20 PM

that's only a partial list.  it doesn't include all of them.

Here's a list I've been keeping, I think one or two values may be slightly off, but it should be generally accurate.
Code:
date	                p/s
2/28/2013 16:51:38 0.02354454
3/6/2013 16:52:57 0.01916298
3/13/2013 14:59:50 0.023786
3/20/2013 15:00:31 0.02599802
3/24/2013 16:20:00 0.00750846
3/27/2013 15:54:30 0.003775
4/3/2013 15:52:40 0.00255553
4/10/2013 15:17:01 0.00695565
4/17/2013 15:40:42 0.00696732
4/24/2013 15:46:59 0.00773063
5/2/2013 4:10:15 0.00735415
5/8/2013 14:44:33 0.01108519
5/15/2013 11:44:00 0.0362225452
5/22/2013 14:36:31 0.02084164
5/29/2013 15:36:59 0.02653753
6/5/2013 15:16:20 0.03814687
6/12/2013 13:41:51 0.03628311
6/19/2013 16:34:51 0.01810108
6/26/2013 16:26:31 0.01938069
7/3/2013 17:24:28 0.02297025
7/10/2013 16:33:40 0.02075485
7/17/2013 15:30:53 0.02536692
7/24/2013 17:47:17 0.02405901
7/31/2013 17:03:20 0.01858868
8/7/2013 16:41:27 0.02457145
8/14/2013 16:40:42 0.02097289
8/21/2013 12:58:29 0.01226019
8/28/2013 17:49:18 0.01239987
9/4/2013 16:32:16 0.01404192
9/11/2013 16:01:58 0.01355608
9/18/2013 15:52:18 0.00967485
9/25/2013 9:41:33 0.00879957
10/2/2013 9:01:42 0.00800337
10/9/2013 16:29:57 0.0054807496
10/16/2013 16:43:24 0.00403284
10/23/2013 16:59:35 0.00374772
10/30/2013 18:00:54 0.0035336
11/6/2013 15:17:07 0.00290692

Pages: « 1 ... 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 [743] 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: