Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:42:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 [1099] 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916343 times)
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 03:00:19 AM

Originally, shares were $1 USD each (.1btc @ $10 USD/btc) so 5000 shares required an investment of $5,000 USD.

Now, shares are ~.25btc @ $580 or $145 each.  5000 shares would cost around $725,000 USD

I would like to propose a new tier of board member.  Currently it would seem that board members meet semi-monthly via a text based chat.  What if friedcat created a new tier, a view only board member or 'board viewer' that would be open to those share holders with >= 500 shares.  This would give some incentive for larger holders to hodl and would give smaller holders incentive to buy.

If the existing board members were amiable there could even be a side-channel chat where the viewers could pose questions to the board members with 'speak' and if they like the question, they could pose it to friedcat.

Thoughts?
I like it. But will FC agree? There is no reason for him to agree.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:37:54 AM

Originally, shares were $1 USD each (.1btc @ $10 USD/btc) so 5000 shares required an investment of $5,000 USD.

Now, shares are ~.25btc @ $580 or $145 each.  5000 shares would cost around $725,000 USD

I would like to propose a new tier of board member.  Currently it would seem that board members meet semi-monthly via a text based chat.  What if friedcat created a new tier, a view only board member or 'board viewer' that would be open to those share holders with >= 500 shares.  This would give some incentive for larger holders to hodl and would give smaller holders incentive to buy.

If the existing board members were amiable there could even be a side-channel chat where the viewers could pose questions to the board members with 'speak' and if they like the question, they could pose it to friedcat.

Thoughts?

It would be more work, but it would also help maintain value of AM shares, which would benefit him seeing as how he owns ~250,000 shares
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 10:05:36 AM

It would be more work, but it would also help maintain value of AM shares, which would benefit him seeing as how he owns ~250,000 shares
Yes, but he doesn't sell his shares.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
niniyo

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:09:28 AM

Could ASIC Miner be mining in Discus Fish?  It is now ~25% and has grown a lot in the last couple of months.
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 10:47:45 AM

Could ASIC Miner be mining in Discus Fish?  It is now ~25% and has grown a lot in the last couple of months.
Supposedly at BTC guild.

bitcoin.newsfeed

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:56:47 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 11:11:36 AM by bitcoin.newsfeed

Thoughts?

I like it too. He should listen his shareholders and boardmembers(!)  more, what are they telling him. He doesn't looks like experienced person and steps/decisions from gen1 were simply ... wrong. (Gen2 chip size,Gen3 performance,exchange,lot of promises about better PR,leaving self-mining,stopping production/sales of miners and focusing only on chip sales,very expensive immersion cooling solution and in the end helping the other companies/competitors grow)

After the months of cooperation with almost everybody, and helping everybody with ideas like open-source miners, now, he's shouting : Lets destroy all of them ! The goal is corner all competitors from market ... oh, ok. Show the AM hashrate then. Why is hidden, if you're mining? Something besides talks please, I am tired from talks/promises and plans.

Like in r/BitcoinMarkets we like to use : "Next few weeks are critical"

... Question Everything, Believe Nothing ...
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 11:10:50 AM

I like it too. He should listen his shareholders and boardmembers(!)  more, what are they telling him. He doesn't looks like experienced person and steps/decisions from gen1 were simply ... wrong. (Gen2 chip size,Gen3 performance,exchange,lot of promises about better PR,leaving self-mining,stopping production/sales of miners and focusing only on chip sales,very expensive immersion cooling solution and in the end helping the other companies/competitors grow)

After the months of cooperation with almost everybody, and helping everybody with ideas like open-source miners, now, he's shouting : Lets destroy all of them ! The goal is corner all competitors from market ... oh, ok. Show the AM hashrate. Why is hidden, if you're mining? Something besides talks please, I am tired from talks/promises and plans.
hahaha. My mother in law asked around - does anybody know how to bake a Black Forest cake?  Everybody said it was easy and to do this and that. She then said, why don't I buy all the ingredients and one of you come over to my house.  Bake the cake for me and show me just once.  Everybody shut up, no one came.

AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:26:45 PM

Thoughts?

After the months of cooperation with almost everybody, and helping everybody with ideas like open-source miners, now, he's shouting : Lets destroy all of them ! The goal is corner all competitors from market ... oh, ok. Show the AM hashrate then. Why is hidden, if you're mining? Something besides talks please, I am tired from talks/promises and plans.

Next few weeks will see AM price go back down... $170 is not a realistic price for the security, puts a big valuation on a 1 year old business, especially considering the last few months financial performance...
KarmaShark

Activity: 615
Merit: 554

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:48:53 PM

Thoughts?

Next few weeks will see AM price go back down... $170 is not a realistic price for the security, puts a big valuation on a 1 year old business, especially considering the last few months financial performance...

The next few weeks puts us near the end of August, so I hope you are right with your prognostication. Getting even cheaper shares from shareholders weeks away from close to a years worth of work out of AM sounds like Heaven. Sell back down to IPO, I have the coin waiting.
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:39:11 PM

We don't know the last few months financial performance. If you have such information, share it with the rest of us.

Lophie was saying the same thing last week and sold a load of shares causing the share price to drop to around 0.13 BTC. A couple of days later the share price was back up to 0.3 BTC. He hasn't been heard from since.

Now is just a proper silly time to sell. Mining restarted mid July and divs are set to start getting paid out this month.
KarmaShark

Activity: 615
Merit: 554

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:42:29 PM

We don't know the last few months financial performance. If you have such information, share it with the rest of us.

Lophie was saying the same thing last week and sold a load of shares causing the share price to drop to around 0.13 BTC. A couple of days later the share price was back up to 0.3 BTC. He hasn't been heard from since.

Now is just a proper silly time to sell. Mining restarted mid July and divs are set to start getting paid out this month.

Mabsark, you are your rationality are spoiling the fear and panic induced sell-offs some of us are waiting for. Shhhhhhh!  Grin
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:57:15 PM

Thoughts?

And they said bagholder wasn't belligerent, merely ironic.    Yup, this is the guy who should be communicating with Friedcat on behalf of the shareholders.     Roll Eyes
FUR11

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:55:21 PM

Discus Fish would make sense, I think it was once known as a private Chinese pool, but has been opened up since? If it really has a fee that's too high, I bet AM would be able to negotiate a better deal with their hash rate!

ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:56:30 PM

Shy, modest, genuine, hard-working, intelligent.  Needs to work out more and eat better.  Desperately needs a mama cat.  That's friedcat.

Hahahaha.  This is the best part. 

I never really got what they meant by "desperately needs a mama cat"... I mean... is this some cultural thing and got lost in translation or is it just outright odd? Cheesy
He needs a GF....jk probably something lost in translation

No, please FC, don't get a girlfriend! She would take up all his time and he couldn't work all night anymore Grin I'm all for him to become happy, but right now other things are mission critical, around here!

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:17:22 PM

Shy, modest, genuine, hard-working, intelligent.  Needs to work out more and eat better.  Desperately needs a mama cat.  That's friedcat.

Hahahaha.  This is the best part.  

I never really got what they meant by "desperately needs a mama cat"... I mean... is this some cultural thing and got lost in translation or is it just outright odd? Cheesy

No, please FC, don't get a girlfriend! She would take up all his time and he couldn't work all night anymore Grin I'm all for him to become happy, but right now other things are mission critical, around here!

A man doesn't need a girlfriend to be happy, especially when he can afford an army of top class whores to service all his wildest desires. Where do you think our dividends went?  Sad  Kiss  Grin That's where!
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:21:49 PM

Hahahaha.  This is the best part.  

A man doesn't need a girlfriend to be happy, especially when he can afford an army of top class whores to service all his wildest desires. Where do you think our dividends went?  Sad  Kiss  Grin That's where!

Oh noooooo! Grin That could explain why FC looked that meager. He just partied too hard! He's completely out of energy from having fun! I do believe men need a real significant other to receive true love, you can't get that from a prostitute Smiley

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:24:49 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 06:47:42 PM by hdbuck

keeping track of the 1w share price. BTC/USD rate is bitstamp's. BTC/AM is havelock's.

FUR11

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:44:02 PM

Shy, modest, genuine, hard-working, intelligent.  Needs to work out more and eat better.  Desperately needs a mama cat.  That's friedcat.

Hahahaha.  This is the best part. 

A man doesn't need a girlfriend to be happy, especially when he can afford an army of top class whores to service all his wildest desires. Where do you think our dividends went?  Sad  Kiss  Grin That's where!

Oh noooooo! Grin That could explain why FC looked that meager. He just partied too hard! He's completely out of energy from having fun! I do believe men need a real significant other to receive true love, you can't get that from a prostitute Smiley

Hahaha, yeah! That would be crazy if friedcat indeed used the money to go and have a drink or something Cheesy But actually it wouldn't for us shareholders. I imagine him kicking over his glass of beer and everything spills into the immersion cooling tank, damaging all the freshly installed gen3 blades Sad

FUR11

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:45:47 PM

keeping track of the 1w share price. BTC/USD rate is bitstamp's. BTC/AM is havelock's.

Kudos for making those graphs. I think they nicely visualize AM's price in another way. We're still almost at the all time low (since the downtrend started, or at least since the beginning of the year) in terms of USD-value. I'm really psyched to see what the future holds for those who hold AM!

TheJuice

Activity: 841
Merit: 608

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:18:40 PM

Should've just held BTC. Can you add a graph adding all time dividends to the price of AM shares
Pages: « 1 ... 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 [1099] 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: