Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:34:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 428 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AMP - The Currency That Powers Your Attention On Synereo  (Read 879155 times)
murt9000

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 05:47:21 PM

Ping ya back in 1 year and we can check out the price of AMPs together.

Thanks for your constructive input.

Max amount of AMPs in the foreseeable future is 62.5M + 44M = 106.5M.

Source? If you can actually back that up with a legitimate source confirming that there are no plans to distribute the rest of the AMPs in the future, then it would actually address the concerns of many potential investors.

Let me save you some time. You can't back it up because the AMPs wouldn't have been created if there wasn't plans to distribute them in the future. I'm not psychic but I can foresee the effect that will have on the price.

The last I heard, the next crowdsale is 1.5 years after this one is finished.  The first crowdsale had ~400M AMPs for sale.  This crowdsale only has a MAX of 44M AMPs for sale.  I doubt any future crowdsale will have more than 44M AMPs for sale, imo most likely less, and they're all going to be spaced at least 1.5 years apart from one another.  Founders AMPs are locked up, and I seriously doubt they sell any significant portion any time soon.  The rest of the AMPs are allocated to bounties, content creators, and user signups.  None of these are going to result in a large dillution or any one person holding a large sum of AMPs.  The crowdsales are going to be the major source of new AMPs coming to market, and as seen from the announcement, not many are up for grabs.  The crowdsale AMPs are the funding source of Synereo, and they're not going to burn through them.  The plan for Synereo is a long term one.  Listen to the hangout sessions.  In the last hangout session, Greg is talking about his vision for Synereo ten years into the future.  Long term projects require long term funding.  Do the math.

Exactly, no source to confirm that the supply will not exceed 106.5M in the future because your claim was baseless. You have instead confirmed that the first inflationary event is imminent and that there are additional inflationary events planned, in the foreseeable future. Each of these events will negatively impact the price and investor sentiment. You have made my point for me, thank you.

Not to forget private sales directly via website.
Anyway best news for amp would be detroying most of that supply, 1.6 billion is retarded. I never saw a coin with 5% of supply on market and 95% in dev wallets. Hell imagine that after that crowdsale, we're at 100 millions on market, even if dev had 200 millions in wallet it would twice market but they have 1.5 billion haha. Please rewrite your supply plan. Yes you would have less units for funding but those units would have far more value, especially for such an anticipated project, we're talking about ethereum magnitude here. So all in all, u don't lose.

Just sharing my thoughts.

They can't change it now, but I completely agree that they should. If they announced that they are going to destroy all, of most of their 1.6 billion premine at this stage, it would be an admission that they didn't think the distribution and funding model through very well. While many existing and potential investors would welcome the corrective action, they would also wonder what else has not been thought out very well. Flip-flopping on one important issue plants seeds of doubt concerning many other issues. This is how the house of cards starts to fall for many cryptos, and this is why comments such as this one must be labelled FUD by the founders. They must continue to project an image of confidence, professionalism and positivity, to avoid the real and justified FUD that a supply change would cause.

To reiterate, I think Synereo has real potential, but I will wait until the market has shown some adjustment for the progressive inflation that is inherent in AMPs. The founders don't have to listen to us, but they can't ignore the market, and it will explain the flaw in their model gradually, over the next couple of years.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Altty

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 06:02:25 PM

Source? If you can actually back that up with a legitimate source confirming that there are no plans to distribute the rest of the AMPs in the future, then it would actually address the concerns of many potential investors.

Let me save you some time. You can't back it up because the AMPs wouldn't have been created if there wasn't plans to distribute them in the future. I'm not psychic but I can foresee the effect that will have on the price.

The last I heard, the next crowdsale is 1.5 years after this one is finished.  The first crowdsale had ~400M AMPs for sale.  This crowdsale only has a MAX of 44M AMPs for sale.  I doubt any future crowdsale will have more than 44M AMPs for sale, imo most likely less, and they're all going to be spaced at least 1.5 years apart from one another.  Founders AMPs are locked up, and I seriously doubt they sell any significant portion any time soon.  The rest of the AMPs are allocated to bounties, content creators, and user signups.  None of these are going to result in a large dillution or any one person holding a large sum of AMPs.  The crowdsales are going to be the major source of new AMPs coming to market, and as seen from the announcement, not many are up for grabs.  The crowdsale AMPs are the funding source of Synereo, and they're not going to burn through them.  The plan for Synereo is a long term one.  Listen to the hangout sessions.  In the last hangout session, Greg is talking about his vision for Synereo ten years into the future.  Long term projects require long term funding.  Do the math.

Exactly, no source to confirm that the supply will not exceed 106.5M in the future because your claim was baseless. You have instead confirmed that the first inflationary event is imminent and that there are additional inflationary events planned, in the foreseeable future. Each of these events will negatively impact the price and investor sentiment. You have made my point for me, thank you.

Anyway best news for amp would be detroying most of that supply, 1.6 billion is retarded. I never saw a coin with 5% of supply on market and 95% in dev wallets. Hell imagine that after that crowdsale, we're at 100 millions on market, even if dev had 200 millions in wallet it would twice market but they have 1.5 billion haha. Please rewrite your supply plan. Yes you would have less units for funding but those units would have far more value, especially for such an anticipated project, we're talking about ethereum magnitude here. So all in all, u don't lose.

They can't change it now, but I completely agree that they should. If they announced that they are going to destroy all, of most of their 1.6 billion premine at this stage, it would be an admission that they didn't think the distribution and funding model through very well. While many existing and potential investors would welcome the corrective action, they would also wonder what else has not been thought out very well. Flip-flopping on one important issue plants seeds of doubt concerning many other issues. This is how the house of cards starts to fall for many cryptos, and this is why comments such as this one must be labelled FUD by the founders. They must continue to project an image of confidence, professionalism and positivity, to avoid the real and justified FUD that a supply change would cause.

To reiterate, I think Synereo has real potential, but I will wait until the market has shown some adjustment for the progressive inflation that is inherent in AMPs. The founders don't have to listen to us, but they can't ignore the market, and it will explain the flaw in their model gradually, over the next couple of years.

Why could they not change it now? Isn't having too much better than having too little? Seems like a logical fix is there. Change the amount of coins coming out and make a strict rule.

The conference they just had was about governance. If this is governance then they must listen to the will of the community. The community is saying loud go ahead and raise more investment, but why are there 1.6 Billion coins? It seems like a simple fix to me. Just send most coins to an address to discard them. Use the rest for funding, and to run the network.
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 06:46:35 PM

What I don't get is why the devs didn't decide to use bitcoin as the real currency powering synero. It would have been more fun and interesting. All those great projects that need their own coin... anyway I hope to test the release soon and see how synero works.

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
SynereoCommunity

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

Your Network. Your Rules.

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2016, 06:47:40 PM

If people keep repeating false information, it certainly makes explaining things more difficult!

There are only 850 million AMPs designated for future funding.  The rest are like "future mining" tokens - paid out for services rendered by users.

The unsold coins from the first round were destroyed - I take that as a good indication to not rule out that it can happen again.  We are listening to feedback given here, is our Slack, and other places.

One of the tricks to using tokens to disintermediate bank loans or "public" stock market sales as ways to finance a company is that the value of the tokens fluctuates, and cannot be predicted.  Anyone watching Ethereum in 2016 has seen this issue come up (twice really), and they were at the whim of ETH price to have funds to continue to their next milestone.

At the time of the initial token sale, I think they were $.00286, and that wallet had 369,600,000 AMPs - so the value was only $1 million. [There had also been some previous funding for developing Special K, which is what Synereo is built around, before Synereo was formed.  This is important just for understanding the time & energy that has been put into the end results]

So this is where you have to start from.  We got a couple hundred thousand dollars to work with, went from 4 people, an idea, a prototype demo, and hoping to use an existing blockchain to build on, to a team of around 20, several innovations, a new UI & alpha, and specs for a scalable blockchain built to work with formal methods that underlie the rest of the tech stack, ~18 months later.  We could have done better with more funding, but we did what we could.  We want to give this round a better chance at a faster pace of development.

Because we've reached this important milestone, our early supporters are very happy.  
From the company's perspective, it's not good to make decisions too quickly, or with too much confidence.
This fundraising sale will need to be analyzed closely to be able to make a good decision.

Please keep giving your feedback!  This kind of funding, combined with open door transparency and community input means you all are on the "lending committee", and the market will decide the final terms.

I just hope we can do that without the personal attacks charging stupidity, fraud, greed, laziness, wrong race/nationality, etc.
That's not productive.
 Smiley

Ref: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r1G-ROS4vgHK84qfn1CBIxuXZQCCvIicCTQSxW1T_mo/edit

▄███▄   ▄███▄
       ▄█████   █████
       ████▀   ███████
     ▄█▀     ▄█▀     ▀█▄
▄████▀  ▄████▀         ▀████▄
█████   █████           █████
▀████▄  ▀████▄          ▀███▀
     ▀█▄     ▀█▄
▄███   ▀████▄  ▀████▄
█████   █████   █████
▀████   ▀███▀   ████▀
    ▀█▄▄     ▄▄█▀
      ▀███████▀
        █████
         ▀▀▀
synereo|                         
       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ███
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
  ░▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓████
 ░▓▓▓▓███████████████████▓▓░
░▓▓▓▓███████████████████▓▓▓▓░
▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓█████████████████████▓▓▓
▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓
▓▓▓███████████████▓███████▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓
░▓▓▓▓███████▓███████████▓▓▓▓░
 ░▓▓▓▓▓███████████████▓▓▓▓ 
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   
      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
WildSpark
A new way to pay attention
|
Where your creation efforts are rewarded.
TELEGRAM | WEBSITE | ANN | FACEBOOK | DISCORD | TWITTER
|
EARN NOW
|

▄█████████▄
  ▄████▀   ▀██████▄
 ██████     ████████
████████▄▄  ▀████████
█████▀   ▀██    ▀████
█████     ██     ████
█████▄   ▄██    ▄████
████████▀▀  ▄████████
 ██████     ████████
  ▀████▄   ▄██████▀
     ▀█████████▀
Powered by
AMP
murt9000

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 06:53:42 PM

Why could they not change it now? Isn't having too much better than having too little? Seems like a logical fix is there. Change the amount of coins coming out and make a strict rule.

The conference they just had was about governance. If this is governance then they must listen to the will of the community. The community is saying loud go ahead and raise more investment, but why are there 1.6 Billion coins? It seems like a simple fix to me. Just send most coins to an address to discard them. Use the rest for funding, and to run the network.

Maybe i didn't make my point as clearly as i thought. Technically they can change it now, but they won't for the reasons I explained in the comment.

This is not a governance issue. Governance is concerned with how decisions are made, not the outcome of the decision. A chance in governance could result in a change of distribution/funding model, but there's no guarantee because you are simply changing the process through which the decision is reached.
Joint Force

Activity: 804
Merit: 500

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2016, 08:13:24 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2016, 08:27:48 PM by Joint Force

This is going to be the new style of funding for many of the really high quality economy tokens/usage tokens so get used it. I'll be doing the same thing with multiple ICOs over many years for my mobile apps usage token. It really helps a lot to get sustainable funding and continue an upward trend. It also lets users earn bounties and rewards to help go viral.

Anyone can use this powerful fund raising method of creating a counterparty or omni bitcoin token prior to having a blockchain! Of course people will have the ability to run scams. Other People will simply not have the ability to deliver. This is like decentralized VC and definitely not the same as buying a mined PoW coin. You have to do your due diligence to decide if the project will succeed. Many projects will fail, many will be scams and a few will go up insane amounts.

At this point, it should be clear that synereo isn't a scam, most likely has the ability to deliver a high quality product by next year and is backed by big whales who want the price to go up a lot more. Thus it's valuation is really high.

coinbas3

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 09:39:32 PM

Can someone tell us if the alpha release was a success or a fail? I am not reading people connecting to Synereo. It is weird that after 5 years working on the project they have nothing still. Maybe they are steem and use synereo to scam people.
Synereo = DAO
raphma

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 10:47:46 PM

i'm not watching the conference, but what happened??? did they said something bad?
the buy order at poloniex is dying and the price dropping fast.

I dont think so. Its been a good day of conversations. I have not watched everything though. The price seems to be moving from 27000-30000 daily.

well, i wasnt expecting to see the price above 33k but i definitely wasnt specting to see a dump during the conference...

Maybe I am not following. the price has been moving between 26000-32000 for the last week. I see no dump.
ok, so let me rephrase this.

i'm not watching the conference, but what happened??? did they said something bad?
the buy order at poloniex is dying and the price dropping fast the volume too.

so yeah, for such big weekend like this (with a 3 days event ending with the launch of alpha phase) i wasnt expecting this...
every time i open poloniex and look at it, the volume is lower and the buy order too( price too, but like has been said, still "normal").

and again, i wasnt expecting to see the price above 33k, but it is like amp was completely ignored this weekend, even with alpha launch. and that really bugs me.
m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 11:26:47 PM

Not sure if this article by CoinTelegraph has been posted yet:

Synereo Unveils Tech Behind Its Decentralized Social Network, RChain To Replace Blockchain

Decentralized social media platform, Synereo, disclosed a 4-layer tech stack that would power its system, with RChain to replace Blockchain.

It’s yet to see how efficient the proposed model will be by comparison with Facebook and Twitter.

Aside the general knowledge of decentralized platforms as seen in Diaspora*, Steemit and others, not much is known about Synereo which aims to be the first fully decentralized social network based on principles of the attention economy.

Existing Blockchains can’t support the network

According to Synereo’s own paper, Bitcoin, Ethereum and other decentralized systems don’t use “the best engineering and mathematical models for scaling and correctness in order to support mission-critical solutions.”

It noted that known Blockchains are still slow, wasteful and impossible to scale, and by no means can support a social network that would disrupt incumbent players like Facebook or Twitter. Hence, the need to come up with a customized structure.

However, we’ll have to see how the tech stack will pan out for the platform that claims that it will change the concept of how the control over content, personal information and monetization would be placed in the hands of users.

The language that could have prevented the DAO hack

In a statement to CoinTelegraph, Synereo stated:

“Facing this reality, we understood that we had to develop our own infrastructure, capable of fulfilling the needs of Synereo’s social layer, and so we set out on that mission. The result will be the first prototype of the long anticipated world-computer.... A virtual machine, capable of running decentralized applications for massive use (dApps) at blazing speed, and store data without the need for server farms or centralized points of control. All resources are provided by the users using the network, and they’re the only ones calling the shots.”

The core of the stack upon which other layers, including its programming language Rholang,  are to be built is RChain or Blockchain 2.0. Its Casper Proof of Stake design was developed by Ethereum and Synereo’s CTO, Greg Meredith.

In July, the hosts of the Bitcoin podcast said that Synereo’s formally-verified smart contracting language, Rholang, would have prevented the attack on The DAO.

RChain, which is not expected to be fully operational until Q4 2017, is presented as the first infinitely scalable and Turing complete Blockchain.

Rchain’s consensus protocol is based on Ethereum’s Proof of Stake Casper design - a model where consensus is as cheap as possible for everyone, except for adversaries while they are conducting an attack. However, in contrast to Ethereum’s Casper, Rchain nodes do not validate entire blocks but logical propositions - a proposition is a set of statements about the Blockchain.

Though  Anari Sengbe, Founder of ProducTank, agrees that decentralized social networks are going to become the norm, based on the reward incentives they will offer - as well as their privacy features, predicting what would become of Synereo’s developed infrastructure is dicey.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/synereo-unveils-tech-behind-its-decentralized-social-network-rchain-to-replace-blockchain

Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 01:14:50 AM

Ill just keep buying slowly.

Every day i get more coins to the big pump, easy money!
Hold your coins guys!
=D

That is exactly what I am doing. I am buying up AMP slowly but surely as I think the price is undervalued a bit. I am spending my STEEM interest and my SBD from my Steem posts on AMP. Steem is like the pre-curser to Synereo. Looking forward to being an author and front end user with Synereo and also setting up my own node.
yes it is still under value so better to keep buying little by little because as soon as the market realized and start to invest the price will surely moon up and easy prifit for us guys just hold and keep it wait for the price to jump up. good luck
xcurry

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 01:47:29 AM

Hold your coins guys!
=D

That is exactly what I am doing. I am buying up AMP slowly but surely as I think the price is undervalued a bit. I am spending my STEEM interest and my SBD from my Steem posts on AMP. Steem is like the pre-curser to Synereo. Looking forward to being an author and front end user with Synereo and also setting up my own node.
yes it is still under value so better to keep buying little by little because as soon as the market realized and start to invest the price will surely moon up and easy prifit for us guys just hold and keep it wait for the price to jump up. good luck

Undervalued ?  2 000 000 000 x 0.163978 $ (present price) = 328m marketcap. Now we have 10m marketcap, so is 32,8x overvalued
raphma

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 02:21:58 AM

Hold your coins guys!
=D

Undervalued ?  2 000 000 000 x 0.163978 $ (present price) = 328m marketcap. Now we have 10m marketcap, so is 32,8x overvalued

that was already explained... more then once..
if you want to FUD, bring us some facts. stop repeating the same thing
xcurry

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 02:57:27 AM

Hold your coins guys!
=D

that was already explained... more then once..
if you want to FUD, bring us some facts. stop repeating the same thing

These are facts. Tell me there is no 2B tokens which can be dumped any time, or just jused for manipulating market.
SynereoCommunity

Activity: 385

Your Network. Your Rules.

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2016, 03:03:15 AM

From this thread's OP:

The Synereo crowdsale was supervised by the Omni Foundation. The Omni Foundation has access to all transactional
information, with their executives serving in the role of trustees for the AMP tokens. Synereo has no access to these funds
without their approval. See our Asset Policies document for more information.

"The Synereo crowdsale was architected by the Synereo and Omni teams to be the most secure crowdsale performed on the Bitcoin
blockchain to date. Every element of the process, from the purchase address receiving BTC, to the designated operational wallets,
the issuing address for AMPs and the distribution of purchased tokens leverages the multi-signature capability of Bitcoin. The parties
responsible for each step include Synereo personnel as well as external verifiers, each holding keys. This demonstrates to purchasers
and future users of the Synereo platform that the commitments made by Synereo are fulfilled and verified by a third-party for each
next step in the process. I hope this level of diligence is repeated in the future by others looking to provide participants with such a
high level of confidence." -- Craig Sellars, Co-founder and CTO of Tether and Technologist for Omni.

Transparently communicated here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r1G-ROS4vgHK84qfn1CBIxuXZQCCvIicCTQSxW1T_mo/edit

▄███▄   ▄███▄
       ▄█████   █████
       ████▀   ███████
     ▄█▀     ▄█▀     ▀█▄
▄████▀  ▄████▀         ▀████▄
█████   █████           █████
▀████▄  ▀████▄          ▀███▀
     ▀█▄     ▀█▄
▄███   ▀████▄  ▀████▄
█████   █████   █████
▀████   ▀███▀   ████▀
    ▀█▄▄     ▄▄█▀
      ▀███████▀
        █████
         ▀▀▀
synereo|                         
       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ███
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
  ░▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓████
 ░▓▓▓▓███████████████████▓▓░
░▓▓▓▓███████████████████▓▓▓▓░
▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓█████████████████████▓▓▓
▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓
▓▓▓███████████████▓███████▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓
░▓▓▓▓███████▓███████████▓▓▓▓░
 ░▓▓▓▓▓███████████████▓▓▓▓ 
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   
      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
WildSpark
A new way to pay attention
|
Where your creation efforts are rewarded.
TELEGRAM | WEBSITE | ANN | FACEBOOK | DISCORD | TWITTER
|
EARN NOW
|

▄█████████▄
  ▄████▀   ▀██████▄
 ██████     ████████
████████▄▄  ▀████████
█████▀   ▀██    ▀████
█████     ██     ████
█████▄   ▄██    ▄████
████████▀▀  ▄████████