Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:25:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 428 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AMP - The Currency That Powers Your Attention On Synereo  (Read 879158 times)
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 09:08:26 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2016, 09:20:00 PM by fartbags

When will the beta come out, I am looking forward to trying it.

There can't really be a beta until ETH 2.0 is released. They can have a prototype though.

The Founders don't do much and also don't allow the community to get very involved for bounty payouts. All bounty payouts have been around $50. There was one payout for $500 worth of work but that was all the community was allow to do over the entire last year. In the meantime the Founders collect their 20% premine.

I'm looking out for clones of this idea or other apps that are going to use this stack for entirely different ideas. I see huge potential in apps using this software. I don't see much potential in the corporate Synereo LTD due to a "Founders, Lords (large investors), public" type of project management structure. It's too slow and doesn't have the right vibe to attract users.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 09:18:12 PM

BTW, I've started to clone the Synereo technology stack using the monadic design pattern for the web. I will then also clone ETH 2.0 once it's complete.

If anyone is interested in learning how to use the Synereo tech stack, let me know.

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 12:08:04 AM

Fartbags (what a name) is an idiot.  I've seen this type of thing happen before.  His "project" will go nowhere.  When NXT was released, there was a lot of jealousy and envy from the stupid people who failed to see NXT as the revolutionary project that it was.  These people had plenty of time between the start of NXT and the price rise that took place months after, but they didn't invest.  They called the early investors all sorts of names and accused them of being greedy and selfish when in reality it was they who were such.  In their blind greed, they lashed out at NXT and fell victim to a bunch of scams perpetrated by others capitalizing on their greed.  The scams were numerous... NEX, NEM, QORA, CRYPTI... too many to remember.  When some of the earlier NXT clone "projects" unveiled themselves to be the scams that they were, I talked to some of their investors.  Undoubtedly, each and every person I spoke to expressed how it was their greed that drove them to these scams.  Some of these people lost everything they had to these scammers.  The NXT clone projects that are still around are worthless and are for the most part totally fundamentally broken.  How much is NEM today?  For all practical purposes, it is worthless.  The only person who made any substantial money off NEM was that lying, cheating, stealing communist UtopianFuture.  Nobody is ever going to use these clones.  NXT has barely survived.  These greedy individuals are the ones who caused the majority of losses for those who truly believed in NXT.  They fragmented the community and lured others with their greed into these scams.  Some of them were even put into positions as moderators over on NXT's forum.  In this capacity, they continued to lure people into their scam of choice.

The point being, of course, is that 99% of these altcoin projects are going nowhere.  You have to determine which ones are in the 1%.  If you think that an individual who wishes to be called "Fartbags", is capable of propelling his project above the other 99%, then by all means go with "Fartbags".  It is my opinion, which I'm sure will soon be verified by events, that "Fartbags" is a lying, stealing, cheating communist who wants nothing, but to enrich himself at the expense of everyone else.

I hear complaining from the communists and the greedy about how the founders have such a large stake in the project and I think, but isn't that a good thing?  Don't they deserve to have a large stake?  They founded it.  They are putting in the mass majority of the work.  Doesn't a higher stake in the project denote their confidence in it and make them more determined to make it a success?  Of course it does.  Anyone who tells you any different is blinded by their own greed.

Synereo LTD does not control the decentralized social network.  Synereo LTD is developing it, so they can monetize it via applications.  There is a world of difference between the two.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
Elokane (OP)

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2016, 10:15:09 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2016, 12:22:03 PM by Elokane

When will the beta come out, I am looking forward to trying it.

There can't really be a beta until ETH 2.0 is released. They can have a prototype though.

The Founders don't do much and also don't allow the community to get very involved for bounty payouts. All bounty payouts have been around $50. There was one payout for $500 worth of work but that was all the community was allow to do over the entire last year. In the meantime the Founders collect their 20% premine.

I'm looking out for clones of this idea or other apps that are going to use this stack for entirely different ideas. I see huge potential in apps using this software. I don't see much potential in the corporate Synereo LTD due to a "Founders, Lords (large investors), public" type of project management structure. It's too slow and doesn't have the right vibe to attract users.

Your posts always bring a smile to my face, fartbags, as it gives me the opportunity to talk about and expose the workings of Synereo as I refute your claims.

"There can't really be a beta until ETH 2.0 is released. They can have a prototype though."

Of course there can be a beta! We are in no way dependent on Ethereum, either 1.0 or 2.0. It is Ethereum 2.0 that's dependent on Synereo technology.
              When the technology emerging from the collaboration between Synereo and Ethereum is released, we will of course integrate it into the platform.

"The Founders don't do much"

Citation needed.

"and also don't allow the community to get very involved for bounty payouts".

We actually encourage everyone in our community to step up and take on the many open tasks available.
              The task management system we've started using has most of them documented already, as we work to create an easy place for anyone to jump into our community and collaborate with us on the Synereo effort.
              https://tree.taiga.io/project/synereo-synpm/

"All bounty payouts have been around $50. There was one payout for $500 worth of work but that was all the community was allow to do over the entire last year."

Here's a list of people who are taking half or more of their compensation in AMPs:
              • Graphics Designer
              • Product Designer / Manager
              • UX/UI Designer
              • Content Creator / Special OPs (AMP compensation only)
              • Marketing Advisor / User Research Expert (AMP compensation only) -- Stepped up from our community
              • Community Master (AMP compensation only) -- Stepped up from our community
              • Dev Ops (AMP compensation only) -- Stepped up from our community

Are you interested in taking on a task for a bounty, fartbags? Let us know what you're willing to do!

"In the meantime the Founders collect their 20% premine."

The founders hold 10%. It's very clearly stated in the OP!

Lastly, if you watch the last hangout (soon to be Scribed and posted on the blog, another community effort), you'll see us talking about the distributed governance motifs we're starting to explore and are going to start implementing. We're likely going to talk about this again in the next hangout - why don't you join us there?
              https://plus.google.com/b/109002904706315055045/events/cojr85tts522lu6cmna92fdqbfk?cfem=1[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
              <br>
              lapin77

Activity: 1
              Merit: 0

View Profile
              February 22, 2016, 12:03:49 PM

I help every week to make a summary of the Hangout meeting. Synereo rewards me for that in AMPs. I'm extremely happy with that reward.
              Cheers HJ
              kryptologist

Activity: 714
              Merit: 500

@kryptographer

View Profile
              February 22, 2016, 06:22:43 PM

I'm looking to invest in synereo but the volume on bittrex is so little. Are you guys going to be on Poloniex Exchange soon?
              Dave5

Activity: 109
              Merit: 10

View Profile
              February 22, 2016, 08:58:19 PM

I'm looking to invest in synereo but the volume on bittrex is so little. Are you guys going to be on Poloniex Exchange soon?

You could invest soon with https://bnktothefuture.com/

❒ SWISS ALPS ❒        ▬ MINING & ENERGY ▬      ❒ SWISS ALPS ❒
              █████          The Smart Mining Company           █████
              Telegram █  Get a piece of COLD 6 220 238 SAM █     Twitter
              Elokane (OP)

View Profile WWW
              February 22, 2016, 09:08:19 PM

It's always a good idea to keep sending Poloniex requests if you want AMPs to be listed.
              https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
              <br>
              DecentralizeEconomics
              Legendary

View Profile
              February 22, 2016, 09:33:46 PM

Just adding it to Poloniex isn't going to increase the available AMPs on the market.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
              kryptologist

Activity: 714
              Merit: 500

@kryptographer

View Profile
              February 22, 2016, 10:14:57 PM

Just adding it to Poloniex isn't going to increase the available AMPs on the market.

No doubt more eyes will be on it, more trading, more volume, etc. There aren't even any whales left on bittrex. If you think not being on the only big altcoin exchange is a good thing I dunno man...

If you guys were legit and are building the POS for ethereum, Polo would add you no doubt. So I think the case here is that you guys don't want to be on Polo yet?
              DecentralizeEconomics
              Legendary

View Profile
              February 23, 2016, 05:26:18 AM

No doubt more eyes will be on it, more trading, more volume, etc. There aren't even any whales left on bittrex. If you think not being on the only big altcoin exchange is a good thing I dunno man...

If you guys were legit and are building the POS for ethereum, Polo would add you no doubt. So I think the case here is that you guys don't want to be on Polo yet?

I'm not advocating that people should be restricted.  I'm just stating my opinion that adding another exchange probably won't mean that people will sell more AMPs at these prices.

bhokor
              Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
              February 23, 2016, 01:35:08 PM

wow, is so amazing to be involved in this project and be rewarded with AMP, it is strongly recomended it , you can do it by joining the slack channel of Synereo, it is the link https://synereonet.slack.com ,come on join it and  lets build it together
              Elokane (OP)

View Profile WWW
              February 24, 2016, 07:24:24 PM

LIVE on the community hangout!

Participate:
              https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/hoaevent/AP36tYfyqJR1dHxNM7BGnuUDu6n40oFFG1WaCgFbm66zq9qUgrjDjQ?eid=109002904706315055045&hl=en&authuser=0

View:
              https://plus.google.com/events/cojr85tts522lu6cmna92fdqbfk

<br>
              fartbags
              Legendary

View Profile
              February 25, 2016, 09:04:51 PM

I'm not advocating that people should be restricted.  I'm just stating my opinion that adding another exchange probably won't mean that people will sell more AMPs at these prices.

The biggest problem with purchasing AMPs on an exchange is this:

available supply = 184,800,000 AMP
              total supply = 1,680,400,000 AMP

This isn't actually what people would call a cryptocoin. It's an Omni assest, similar to an XCP asset. What you do is say "make me a billion assets for free" and it's instantly done. You then own 100% of all of them and you sell them to the public for whatever price you can get people to pay. This tool can be very useful but also highly risky.

This coin started out great with being crowd funded but unfortunately they decided to shut that aspect of the project down. It's strange that they don't run a new crowd funding session every week or month to get this developed. It seems more like the Founders are just focused on getting rich off their premined coins.

bhokor
              Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
              February 25, 2016, 09:10:18 PM

I'm not advocating that people should be restricted.  I'm just stating my opinion that adding another exchange probably won't mean that people will sell more AMPs at these prices.

The biggest problem with purchasing AMPs on an exchange is this:

available supply = 184,800,000 AMP
              total supply = 1,680,400,000 AMP

This isn't actually what people would call a cryptocoin. It's an Omni assest, similar to an XCP asset. What you do is say "make me a billion assets for free" and it's instantly done. You then own 100% of all of them and you sell them to the public for whatever price you can get people to pay. This tool can be very useful but also highly risky.

This coin started out great with being crowd funded but unfortunately they decided to shut that aspect of the project down. It's strange that they don't run a new crowd funding session every week or month to get this developed. It seems more like the Founders are just focused on getting rich off their premined coins.

Well it is not going to happen in fact you can see here http://omnichest.info/lookupsp.aspx?sp=39 the total quantity of tokens in existence, in fact it is probably one of the better audited crypto projects in the scene now
              fartbags
              Legendary

View Profile
              February 25, 2016, 09:32:31 PM

The software behind ETH 2.0 in combination with a bunch of other software that Synereo will use looks pretty good. It can be used for pretty much any website. If you know about traditional web programming than you could think of the Synereo software as the new LAMP. It's like a new scalable back end web server for website/apps.

Many iPhone/Android App, website, laptop/desktop program, etc. will use this set up to scale out their systems and attract new users.

Since this coin already has such a massive marketcap and only a total of 10 users... you are betting this coin will become not just popular but then grow past that point substantially.

fartbags
              Legendary

View Profile
              February 25, 2016, 09:35:38 PM

Not only am I starting to get worried about other social networks doing decentralized stuff, I'm mostly worried that Synereo doesn't have anyone skilled enough to actually build something people want to use. They keep talking about outsourcing a development team to build stuff and what they show from the development team is such garbage...

DecentralizeEconomics
              Legendary

View Profile
              February 27, 2016, 11:13:50 PM

Not only am I starting to get worried about other social networks doing decentralized stuff, I'm mostly worried that Synereo doesn't have anyone skilled enough to actually build something people want to use. They keep talking about outsourcing a development team to build stuff and what they show from the development team is such garbage...

What are you worried about?  I thought you were starting your own decentralized social network.

systh

Activity: 390
              Merit: 250

View Profile
              February 29, 2016, 08:32:52 AM

Hi,

I'm maintaining Cryptocoins – vector/webfont cryptocurrency icon pack; just released a new update (1.6) including Synereo (thanks to request by your community members and/or your coinmarketcap position)!

Hope you won't mind me posting here (other communities appreciate it).
              If you like the work, tip me crypto and support further development:

AMP: 1BwfS9hPcsGJgqvEafb7NJqgRkxYsfnskW
              BTC: 1MByfmAdyRFr3qxMh2cspX5RsxS4FKjMmH

Cheers!
              ~ systh

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |   Telegram  |   Facebook
              SixSignatory

Activity: 11
              Merit: 0

View Profile
              March 01, 2016, 08:03:00 PM

Hey guys.  I own a few amp that I bought awhile back through an exchange.  Since they have gone up in value, I would like to get them out of the exchange wallet to one that only I control.  What is the best way to do this?
              Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 428 »
                Print  

Jump to: