Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:20:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you guess about he future of bitcoin?  (Read 46242 times)
JackRipper

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 03:06:18 AM

In the short term, I think it will bounce between $200 and $250. The long term seems very promising.

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 06:41:50 AM

I think bitcoin would be world standard digital currency, I mean we can buy things with bitcoin more easier than nowadays. And there's more like money changer that change bitcoin into another currency like USD for example, because you earn bitcoin online and you wanne buy something that can't accept bitcoin as its payment (food, etc)

there is a high chances, that bitcoin will work along with other alt, or more than one, a standard new way of payment, you will have at the end the same table  as of fiat right now, where every state uses their own digital currency, especially if some bitcoin problem will not be addressed(like faster confirmations)

There are only a few states (such as Panama) that use other country's currency for legal tender internally (e.g. the US dollar). I don't see why a government would want to switch to a decentralized digital money (be it bitcoin or some other cryptocoin)...
They gain literally nothing by doing so, since it would be pretty difficult to tax, even tho im sometimes worried to do shopping with Bitcoin because the blockchain is at the end of the transparent. Would mixing the coins be enough privacy protection to not show your total BTC stack?

I don't think so (that mixing coins will be enough). Mixers do keep logs, and there was a confession made by some mixing service (Bitmixer.io, iirc) somewhere around here. This is what I personally would expect anyway besides some of them being honey-pots at that. If you would be using mixer on a regular basis for the purpose of tax evasion, you will get caught sooner or later (since many people would obviously do the same)...

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:17:22 AM

bitcoin need only mass adoption nothing else for the moment, it need that those with tons of bitcoin spread(by selling) their fortune until everyone become equal or near that, it will require many years, don't expect a big rise even with the halving

NO NO NO NO

You dont understand, them selling it will plunge the price, its good that they sit on it because the price will remain high and scarce.

Of course an argument can be made that in lower prices more people can afford it, which is true, but if the price goes down why would them buy it?

So its good as it is, there is enough bitcoin in circulation and being sold that anyone who wishes to buy can buy some.

The main problem is a lack of advertising, i think every single bitcoin holder should set up websites and promote the sheeet out of it, tell them to friends, family , everyone!

See internet promotion is not enough, because many people dont trust "internet things", it needs bilboard campaigns, many many tv media attention, and local newspapers talking about it.

If Bitcoin Foundation would not be so busy it could run campaings like that to promote it better.

Also 3rd party promotion through merhant contracting is also good, especially if Microsoft and IBM does it!

if the price go down tons of people will buy it(it's a psychology thing...), now the price is still too high for many boy/girl, so reducing a the price to make new people come to the bitcoin world is a good thing actually

we need a reset basically

We're waiting for Bitcoin v2 like Ethereum

no we need just to finish bitcoin, remember that bitcoin is still in beta

Thats bullshit, if you cant afford 200$ for 1 bitcoin, then buy half of it or quarter of it.Nobody said that they should buy a full one. I myself have bought it in 0.5 BTC units, so your argument doesnt make sense.

The price of it should not go lower, if it goes than everyone will sell it off and it will die.

if everyone will sell than someone will buy those cheap bitcoin, at whatever price you are imagining it(under 100) like no tomorrow

the problem with the fact that bitcoin is divisible, is that many are not confortable with that, hence they want to buy a full bitcoin, this is the reason for having a lower price
ipbo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:57:36 AM

Bitcoin can completely fail and collapse, but still succeed if it brings change that sticks.
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 08:20:14 AM

Wait 1 decade and it will be widely adopted by at least 1 country

Bitcoin is the official currency in Liberland

http://liberland.org/en/main/

Think they are using bitcoin but also going to create their own alt, meh everyone thinks alts are a good idea until they understand you cant remake the wheel.
operrajunk74

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:47:21 PM

Looking at the present value of bitcoin i think it has got a great future there would be a time when even banks will start accepting the bitcoins people are unsecured to invest in it due to its volatile nature but i think it will get stable in future. It can be a great retirement account to have.
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 11:11:36 PM

Wait 1 decade and it will be widely adopted by at least 1 country

Bitcoin is the official currency in Liberland

http://liberland.org/en/main/

Think they are using bitcoin but also going to create their own alt, meh everyone thinks alts are a good idea until they understand you cant remake the wheel.

Free market is free market, you cannot force people to use 1 currency. If they are truly libertarian (which i think they are) then they will use the currency which is the most secure and prominent: Bitcoin.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 02:52:43 AM

The future is bright. Just wait. It is a waiting game.

zendantom

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 11:06:55 AM

Future is Good. As people will start adopting from different countries it will increase the value of bitcoin in coming future. At present half of the population of Asian countries are not aware about the bitcoins. So as awareness is higher the acceptance would be higher.

wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 12:37:30 PM

Positive Future for Bitcoin i guess n I hope my guessing goes true. I believe it would get replaced by some other digital currency as technology advances but i don't think it would cause any damage to bitcoin, The value of bitcoin may decreased but still it would be in great demand.
bitbaby

Activity: 812

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 12:43:54 PM

I being an optimistic would say that Bitcoin does have a bright future. However there are some obstacles that it has to overcome for it to be accepted by everybody. Some of these are Price volatility, Bitcoin is too unpredictable at the moment which is not good for a currency you want to use everyday. Security, keeping bitcoins safe can be difficult for people who are not too tech savvy. More acceptance, I think right now it is still hard to spend Bitcoin as it is not accepted at most places.

But if and when these hurdles are crossed, Bitcoin will have a great future.

ipbo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 12:52:05 PM

A big advertisement can get bitcoin a big spot in the community if someone had a lot of cash for promoting it.
mearylll

Activity: 315

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 01:40:49 PM

I don't there is a better future of bitcoins
It will soon get replaced by any other digital currency which would be more profitable.As technology advances there would be better option to invest and that can be safe as compared to bitcoins.
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 02:16:30 PM

Free market is free market, you cannot force people to use 1 currency. If they are truly libertarian (which i think they are) then they will use the currency which is the most secure and prominent: Bitcoin.

What if they are libertarian but not tech savvy? 
Bitcoin is great, but requires you to have a smartphone and use an exchange to get coins. Maybe in future when hardware wallets are cheap and easy to get and you'll be able to get BTC from an ATM across the street it will actually be available to everyone.

I`m not sure but first they will need an army and a police force, then people will move it and build houses, canalization, and water system.

Then after the basics are done, you can build the economy, and since its a free country, no permits and regulation are required to set up a Bitcoin Atm Cheesy

So i`m sure after the basics are built, the place will be full of Bitcoin ATM, people selling goods on the streets, without permits, and with low or no taxes.

Man it sounds like a paradise on Earth  Cheesy

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 03:03:36 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2015, 07:14:16 AM by Amph

It will soon get replaced by any other digital currency which would be more profitable.As technology advances there would be better option to invest and that can be safe as compared to bitcoins.

"any other digital currency" is just a copy of bitcoin, they are tied to bitcoin like bitcoin is to the dollar, those other alternative crypto scam can't replace bitcoin, unless they are really revolutionary, and works under a completely different technology

this is something that can't happen anytime soon...so bitcoin is free to grow
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 03:19:48 PM

"any other digital currency" is just a copy of bnitcoin, they are tied to bitcoin like bitcoin is to the dollar, those other alternative crypto scam can't replace bitcoin, unless they are really revolutionary, and works under a completely different technology

BitShares seem to be revolutionary of sorts, though I'm doubtful if they will take over Bitcoin. The idea behind it (that of decentralized exchange) is in high demand (given the number of exchanges that scammed or got hacked recently), so, personally, I would be much interested to see this technology implemented in the next Bitcoin incarnation...

Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 03:21:39 PM

Bitcoin future is already in front of your eyes. It will be so bright, we will just wait until that time and be patient for a little while. Other digital currency dont have any slight chance to compete with this bitcoins. Yes you need invest but invest in bitcoin and nothing else for now
umair01

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 03:42:43 PM

once more people adopt it,more bit coins are mined in the system, and more transactions take place, we may reach a point where the value would somewhat stabilize,bur right now its still on that stage where it needs to accepted on worldwide scale by merchants,consumers and shopkeepers...etc
operrajunk74

Activity: 344

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 11:38:14 PM

The future of bitcoin is but obvious positive. There is a misconception in the minds of people that bitcoin is dead but it's not true. It can never be. Let the society start adopting the bitcoin and it would prove as a threat to fiat money and the banking system thats for the sure.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 03:55:52 PM

The future of bitcoin is but obvious positive. There is a misconception in the minds of people that bitcoin is dead but it's not true. It can never be. Let the society start adopting the bitcoin and it would prove as a threat to fiat money and the banking system thats for the sure.

Bitcoin value is nullified without internet and electricity, so why would the society start adopting something which value is that vulnerable? Bitcoin is good for speculation, and, I guess, it is speculation (and online gambling indeed) that brought Bitcoin where it is today and keeps it alive for now...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: