Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:56:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you guess about he future of bitcoin?  (Read 46238 times)
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 01:55:03 AM

can't wait till all the 21 millions btc are mined and they slowly start getting lost. then the price would skyrocket.

Talk about a long time to wait for then lol.

I wouldnt hope my dreams just to get bitcoins to be lost, it should be more towards on how can we get this coin in the people hands to use it like a money transmitter.

Like eg: phillpines they save a ton instead of using western union.

Countries like these make the bitcoin increase in value.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lissandra

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 02:58:33 AM

I think next years will be determinant for bitcoin future, I hope they are as good as previous years
trust in bitcoin keeps increasing day per day

If you consider like mt.gox days to now, then yeah its a huge road to recovery "previous years".

But like any other problem, theres much more down the road right now esp we seem to have more of a technical issue like most people know with the halving.

luciann

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 03:56:27 AM

Bitcoin will not replace USD, please be realistic. Bitcoin can replace USD only if the USA decides to acknowledge btc as a default crypto-currency. Which seems impossible atm.

My point is, without a strong country behind them, every currency will die sooner or later.

(more likely "sooner" in before you say; "every currency will die anyway")

It may not replace as the usd, but it sure can be the top #1 money transmitter used to replace western union eventually out of business.

Most people will find it way cheaper to send money through bitcoin and save in fees then anything.

bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 06:55:15 AM

The future of bitcoin is very complicated. But it's already starting to transform the financial world dramatically. Everyone knows it's great for the black market for sure. Bitcoin is completely revolutionising remittance market. In china many people who is working in US are sending money back home using bitcoins to save money transfer time and same time they also can save transaction fee about 2 to 3%. The global remittance market is worth about 600 billion each year. So things are looking good for bitcoin. Acceptance will grow as more and more people use it and it will surely will grow in long term.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 07:07:54 AM

I was watching the movie Zeitgiest which argued at the very end of the film that we are slowly moving into a world governed by technology and not politics. The way I see it, Bitcoin is one way the world is moving in that direction. I suspect by the year 2018, Bitcoin will be a mainstream currency and it will be accepted everywhere. We will not need federal reserve notes or debit or credit cards. You will be able to pay for everything with your phone.

2018 is not that far away, and I feel like itll still be in the growth stage, just a couple new services to add in the community by VC`s.

And hopefully exchanges are trust worthy enough to gain more traction.

as much as I would like to believe in his dream and believe it, I want to, but let's wear the big boy pants today and think about how the world really works. Currencies cannot be replaced or altered so easily, the rules and regulations will never permit people to trade bitcoin as a currency despite of the adoption, because the government would force people to maintain conduct and use centralized currency, deeming btc illegal
Insertion

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 07:23:44 AM

The future of bitcoin is very complicated. But it's already starting to transform the financial world dramatically. Everyone knows it's great for the black market for sure. Bitcoin is completely revolutionising remittance market. In china many people who is working in US are sending money back home using bitcoins to save money transfer time and same time they also can save transaction fee about 2 to 3%. The global remittance market is worth about 600 billion each year. So things are looking good for bitcoin. Acceptance will grow as more and more people use it and it will surely will grow in long term.

What I think is future of bitcoin looks pretty bleak. There are some very big scaling issues. The distributed nature is a problem because every bitcoin node needs to know about every transaction that is ever made. Right now the bitcoin network can only handle around 7 transactions per second globally (this is what I know) and its not clear how these limitations could be lifted. Just increasing the transaction limit would lead to a huge blowup in the bandwidth and disk space requirements for maintaining a bitcoin node. This will surely make it very hard for bitcoin to reach grow bigger scale.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 08:35:03 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2015, 08:51:11 AM by deisik

What I think is future of bitcoin looks pretty bleak. There are some very big scaling issues. The distributed nature is a problem because every bitcoin node needs to know about every transaction that is ever made. Right now the bitcoin network can only handle around 7 transactions per second globally (this is what I know) and its not clear how these limitations could be lifted. Just increasing the transaction limit would lead to a huge blowup in the bandwidth and disk space requirements for maintaining a bitcoin node. This will surely make it very hard for bitcoin to reach grow bigger scale.

I'm not very aware of these issues, but they are mostly of technical nature (given that they do exist in the first place). Thereby, they are rather problems of growth (expansion), which are usually circumvented whenever they come across and become of real concern, not imaginary one...

That is, they can be solved in an evolutionary way, without hard forking

Kaneki

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 11:23:33 AM

I agree with you, bitcoin will not be able to eliminate FIAT but it could be a reserve currency of the world,but i not agree if to be super secure place to save money
Shadough

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 01:33:15 PM

the future of bitcoin i think is just fine
it will be like an alternative universal money
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 04:22:20 AM

I think, Yes. Also the price will reach $1000 again and more people will patronize bitcoin
Landplop

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Don't feed the trolls

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 04:33:20 AM

bitcoin price will reach $1000 , that's the future I can see

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Free Coins every 24hrs!  >>
██████████    <<  ● REGISTER NOW and GET 1000 DOGE for FREE!  >>
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 04:42:04 AM

I think that the future of bitcoin is connected closely with the technology which has invented it and has disruptive power in many others technologies. Normally will survive as a currency but most important will be that which will be applied from its technology named bitcoin.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 04:59:10 AM

I agree with you, bitcoin will not be able to eliminate FIAT but it could be a reserve currency of the world,but i not agree if to be super secure place to save money

Bitcoin cannot simply overcome FIAT simply because of the monopoly government shares in the economy, the people who have invested their money in bitcoin are concerned more about profit, I have observed very few people who really love bitcoin and blockchain. So in a hypothetical situation where the govt offers more value, they will side. Also, defeating fiat is one of the biggest challenges in history, I can never imagine reserve currency to be bitcoin but if fiat is defeated, I actually might Tongue
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 06:26:43 AM

can't wait till all the 21 millions btc are mined and they slowly start getting lost. then the price would skyrocket.

unless you're still alive why care about that moment? also it was said many times that beyond 2024 or 2028, the impact of the halving would be negligeable

basically it match the satoshi prediction about 20 years(2010-2030) no volume or big volume
Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 07:11:46 AM

Everyone knows that bitcoin is not a stable currency here is a graph :

Do you think bitcoin have possibilities to be more stable in the future ?
What do you think about the future of BTC?

I think that bitcoin will become the world reserve currency , you can save your money and it's a way super secure than everything we can imagine.
The bitcoin now are are being widely accepted and not controlled by government

Bitcoin is a valuable commodity which can be invested in and reaped profits from, just like gold. There are way too many loopholes that contradict bitcoin becoming a world reserve currency. It's practically impossible. However, it is a good mode for trade. What you people don't realise is that bitcoin is a beautified version of share market itself, with higher secrecy though.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 07:26:53 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2015, 12:10:36 PM by deisik

Everyone knows that bitcoin is not a stable currency here is a graph :

Do you think bitcoin have possibilities to be more stable in the future ?

Pretty old chart. But in comparison with the recent price swings of oil, Bitcoin volatility doesn't look as intimidating. So does oil, a key commodity of the economy and its lifeblood, have chances to become more stable in the future?

Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:40:17 AM

I was watching the movie Zeitgiest which argued at the very end of the film that we are slowly moving into a world governed by technology and not politics. The way I see it, Bitcoin is one way the world is moving in that direction. I suspect by the year 2018, Bitcoin will be a mainstream currency and it will be accepted everywhere. We will not need federal reserve notes or debit or credit cards. You will be able to pay for everything with your phone.

2018 is not that far away, and I feel like itll still be in the growth stage, just a couple new services to add in the community by VC`s.

And hopefully exchanges are trust worthy enough to gain more traction.

as much as I would like to believe in his dream and believe it, I want to, but let's wear the big boy pants today and think about how the world really works. Currencies cannot be replaced or altered so easily, the rules and regulations will never permit people to trade bitcoin as a currency despite of the adoption, because the government would force people to maintain conduct and use centralized currency, deeming btc illegal

I think the long discussion we had really changed your mindset about bitcoin? Tongue
I agree, bitcoin is more of a privilege which is meant to be enjoyed while it lasts, make the most out of it. If you bring in bitcoin as a world currency it'll sac every nation's economy and I don't think the world is in a state to start over from nothing and build a new economic system and livelihoods. Got to wait for re-evolution.
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 01:10:00 PM

I think BTC future is bright.  Wink It is most popular crypto in the world  Grin
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 04:59:30 PM

I think BTC future is bright.  Wink It is most popular crypto in the world  Grin

That isn't any reason for the future of BTC to be bright.
Kodak was the leader in cameras
Nokia was the leader in mobile phones.
Where are these companies now?
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 05:31:38 PM

That isn't any reason for the future of BTC to be bright.
Kodak was the leader in cameras
Nokia was the leader in mobile phones.
Where are these companies now?

Exactly we cannot be so sure about the bright future of bitcoins, as nothing is guaranteed, and looking at the present price fall of bitcoins has made it really confusing that what future does it hold for us, and we cannot say that it would be bright in the future, and surely there would be a scenario that it might get replaced by some new crypto currencies.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: