Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:56:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 [356] 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 ... 712 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it?  (Read 1181158 times)
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 08:18:18 PM

Just to give you an example, I have accumulated most of my bitcoin holdings, when it was at 450 and now the price is 605 USD, so I am already obtained 50% profit.

Thats considering that the price actually increase however if it is not then you should be bitting your hands right now thinking why you are not selling it when the price hit the all time high. An investment should be those that actually give some steady increment of profit to your investment
I disagree an investment is a business or trade opportunity that gives you the opportunity to increase your net worth over a period of time. That’s it. So what if in the end he could end up losing money, there is a strong possibility that his bitcoin investment will keep turning more profits as time goes on.

I prefer to trade than investment, risk investment because it is a very big if we cannot control it and also we can not control the money we have. so it's very detrimental to us let alone was in need of funds. Better buy and sell/save bitcoin
you are right that trade is much more better than investment and i also use my money on trade because trade have too much less risk and you can get profit from trade faster and there is a huge risk in investment in other thing so trade is best than than other investment .
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eddyubachs

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 11:07:10 PM

Just to give you an example, I have accumulated most of my bitcoin holdings, when it was at 450 and now the price is 605 USD, so I am already obtained 50% profit.

Thats considering that the price actually increase however if it is not then you should be bitting your hands right now thinking why you are not selling it when the price hit the all time high. An investment should be those that actually give some steady increment of profit to your investment
I disagree an investment is a business or trade opportunity that gives you the opportunity to increase your net worth over a period of time. That’s it. So what if in the end he could end up losing money, there is a strong possibility that his bitcoin investment will keep turning more profits as time goes on.

I prefer to trade than investment, risk investment because it is a very big if we cannot control it and also we can not control the money we have. so it's very detrimental to us let alone was in need of funds. Better buy and sell/save bitcoin
you are right that trade is much more better than investment and i also use my money on trade because trade have too much less risk and you can get profit from trade faster and there is a huge risk in investment in other thing so trade is best than than other investment .

We cannot consider trading as 100% safer place to put our money, as there is also a high risk as we cannot predict anything nor we can have control on the price so chances of loosing are even higher.
Superzpay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 11:13:56 PM

We cannot consider trading as 100% safer place to put our money, as there is also a high risk as we cannot predict anything nor we can have control on the price so chances of loosing are even higher.

You are right trading is a more risky place for to invest our money but if we spend time in trading and get a good experience in trading then regularly we will learn that how to trade and where to invest our money to trade.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 11:16:48 PM

If trading was a 100% safe place to put your money then there would be no money to make off of it. The risk is what helps to make people money, and those willing to take the risks are those who make money. The safest place to put your money is somewhere you can hold it and keep it safe 100% (which is no-where most of the time), and once it is entirely safe it just loses value.
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 11:54:52 PM

I think everyone has his own opinion. maybe you like to trade for a more secure and avoid scam. but you do not forget the risk of falling prices on the trade, while the investment you do not need to work for the benefit...
useless4

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 12:29:01 AM

Its better to save money, because you will always need money for anything Grin

Investing is dangerous these days with all HYIP and Ponzi schemes popping up every where on every bitcoin related site and hence newbie seem to lose a lot to those scammers.
Investing is a risky thing. but only saving is also not the sulotion of this matter. only your savings won't feed you life time. you must need to do something to increase your vaguer.
and not 100% ways of investment are ponzi scam. legit ways also there.

Of course there are legit places to invest money especially in real world where the chances of getting scammed is very less if you invest in gold or real estates then you can make good profits there.

Exactly but investing in real life is far from what people in this forum are doing. Most of the people look for online solutions these days and hence fall into Ponzi traps. However I agree real life gold, real estate or maybe altcoin trading are good enough.

well yeah, in my opinion ponzi is just a trap and you would always lose money on those things

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 01:38:06 AM

Everyone is trying to save, if not then increase your savings. To do this, you need to look for solutions worthy of attention. The simplest is to put money on deposit. The risk of a lower and not a lot of excitement. Other options also work with gold, because gold does not jump in the price and it is material. You can invest in something that can still bring a good profit.

Keeping your money in bank is good specially if it is timed deposit, there will always be an interest and would increase your money, but there are still ways to earn more from that if you won't just keep your money...  Investing it in real life business or finding a partner to start a business provided that you won't be making a lot of effort and just make your money work for you there and have a passive income while you are working on your job...  Smiley
arseaboy

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 02:41:00 AM

Everyone is trying to save, if not then increase your savings. To do this, you need to look for solutions worthy of attention. The simplest is to put money on deposit. The risk of a lower and not a lot of excitement. Other options also work with gold, because gold does not jump in the price and it is material. You can invest in something that can still bring a good profit.

Keeping your money in bank is good specially if it is timed deposit, there will always be an interest and would increase your money, but there are still ways to earn more from that if you won't just keep your money...  Investing it in real life business or finding a partner to start a business provided that you won't be making a lot of effort and just make your money work for you there and have a passive income while you are working on your job...  Smiley
example of this is money lending if you can find good partner that can provide good management of your investment it can double your money with in a month or maybe before the year end unlike time depsosit it is just small earnings with a long period of time so better deal with passive investment.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Positid

Activity: 378

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 03:02:06 AM

example of this is money lending if you can find good partner that can provide good management of your investment it can double your money with in a month or maybe before the year end unlike time depsosit it is just small earnings with a long period of time so better deal with passive investment.
I think there is no way you can double your money within a month if you will just lend it, I have not seen yet a 100% interest rate for lending a money in one money, the largest I saw was 20% and that is very must costly to the borrower, but anyway the lender would not care as they are for the profit and not to help.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 03:31:08 AM

If everyone keeps saving money then it becomes worthless and leads to crisis. We must remember this and not save much. By the way, there are many people who keep saving till their death and for what? For nothing but saving. As for investing money - it is also like saving in a way. If a person has a certain goal and needs a certain amount of money to reach it then I am for saving. But if it is just basically about saving money for money itself then nobody should do such a thing.

I cannot comprehend how saving your money can cause a crisis. It is opposite of what I believe. If you save your money, then you will have something to use in the future. In case there are emergency needs, you can pull your money from your savings and use it. It actually saves you from financial crisis. And if you have enough, you can use it to fund investments or business ventures.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 03:45:09 AM

If everyone keeps saving money then it becomes worthless and leads to crisis. We must remember this and not save much. By the way, there are many people who keep saving till their death and for what? For nothing but saving. As for investing money - it is also like saving in a way. If a person has a certain goal and needs a certain amount of money to reach it then I am for saving. But if it is just basically about saving money for money itself then nobody should do such a thing.

I cannot comprehend how saving your money can cause a crisis. It is opposite of what I believe. If you save your money, then you will have something to use in the future. In case there are emergency needs, you can pull your money from your savings and use it. It actually saves you from financial crisis. And if you have enough, you can use it to fund investments or business ventures.

Well both of you good sirs have a point. i think both saving and investing is good for your money. Some people are actually good at knowing when and where to invest so if you are that type of person by all means its better if you invest. Now there are are those people that are not too keen with risks so they prefer just saving and there's nothing wrong with that as well Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..███████████████████████████████
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 03:52:33 AM

Well both of you good sirs have a point. i think both saving and investing is good for your money. Some people are actually good at knowing when and where to invest so if you are that type of person by all means its better if you invest. Now there are are those people that are not too keen with risks so they prefer just saving and there's nothing wrong with that as well Smiley
Investing is already an individual's decision and it is not compulsory like savings, those people who chooses to invest are those the ambitious ones who wants a better life in the future as they understand they cannot get it by saving their income alone.

chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 04:12:05 AM

Keeping your money in bank is good specially if it is timed deposit, there will always be an interest and would increase your money, but there are still ways to earn more from that if you won't just keep your money...  Investing it in real life business or finding a partner to start a business provided that you won't be making a lot of effort and just make your money work for you there and have a passive income while you are working on your job...  Smiley

You need a proper understanding and learning about time deposit. Did you know all the terms revolving around time deposit? How can you conclude that it is just small earnings? Didn't you know that some of the people here in our country are already enjoying their benefits thru our strong banks here? You have shared experience here? State it rather than just posting.

I will wait for your answer and please don't ignore this so you are not just posting.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
freedomgo
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1144

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 04:55:15 AM

Keeping your money in bank is good specially if it is timed deposit, there will always be an interest and would increase your money, but there are still ways to earn more from that if you won't just keep your money...  Investing it in real life business or finding a partner to start a business provided that you won't be making a lot of effort and just make your money work for you there and have a passive income while you are working on your job...  Smiley

You need a proper understanding and learning about time deposit. Did you know all the terms revolving around time deposit? How can you conclude that it is just small earnings? Didn't you know that some of the people here in our country are already enjoying their benefits thru our strong banks here? You have shared experience here? State it rather than just posting.

I will wait for your answer and please don't ignore this so you are not just posting.
Calm down dude, putting your money in the bank for time deposit does not really give you a big amount of interest, let's say for example, if your money will just earn at least 10% per year for your time deposit, I can say that is not good enough.

On the other hand, if we are talking our lending our money, then you would receive a bigger interest as you can roll your capital and you can set the terms.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 05:44:40 AM

I think everyone has his own opinion. maybe you like to trade for a more secure and avoid scam. but you do not forget the risk of falling prices on the trade, while the investment you do not need to work for the benefit...

The best thing anytime any day is to invest your money because with this youre at the option of increasing your money in a passive way even if it is little however no investment is risk free especially in this bitcoin world as there are scammers all over. The ones promising valid returns, it will take forever to ROI while the one promising massive returns within short period have turn out all of the time as more scams which you can lose your money fast. So the red flag is due diligence.
lixer

Activity: 2506
Merit: 586

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 07:08:04 AM

iam prefered investment
because with investment my money is growth

it all depends upon how wisely you are able to invest ,since you mentioned that you are an investor,it would be helpful for guys like me to understand how you are investing wisely. i have personally invested in stocks but i am yet to study about international investments and i am open to learn new things

If you really are interested in investments then i would suggest you to learn about altcoin markets and altcoin trading because these days that is the best running investment thing in bitcoin community because everyone having a good capital is investing in altcoin markets and earning some good profits with time.
It is very risky to give all their savings to invest in digital currency. The price is really quite high, but few people talk about stability. And this is a big question about the risk
Ethereum is a good altcoin for trading to get some good profit but the problem in ethereum is that we cannot rely on ethereum for long term investment because of its past if anyone will want to invest and trade in ethereum then they should have to go for short term investment.

Aceanyth

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 07:27:26 AM

I dont tthink both are the best thing to do at the same time because whwat i do know is that when you are investing you cant save money because every saved money is into the invest.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 10:10:08 AM

iam prefered investment

it all depends upon how wisely you are able to invest ,since you mentioned that you are an investor,it would be helpful for guys like me to understand how you are investing wisely. i have personally invested in stocks but i am yet to study about international investments and i am open to learn new things

If you really are interested in investments then i would suggest you to learn about altcoin markets and altcoin trading because these days that is the best running investment thing in bitcoin community because everyone having a good capital is investing in altcoin markets and earning some good profits with time.
It is very risky to give all their savings to invest in digital currency. The price is really quite high, but few people talk about stability. And this is a big question about the risk
no one can guarantee these words despite the current prices look very stable but could have been the price down. yes it would be nice if we never put all savings for investment.
In digital currency if we talk about bitcoin then there is no doubt that it will come to stability and will become an established digital currency all over the world but if we talk about other coins then it is really a risky investment and we do not have to put all of our capital in altcoins to remain secured.
tampazeus

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Lick me like a lolipop

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 10:12:25 AM

iam prefered investment

no one can guarantee these words despite the current prices look very stable but could have been the price down. yes it would be nice if we never put all savings for investment.
In digital currency if we talk about bitcoin then there is no doubt that it will come to stability and will become an established digital currency all over the world but if we talk about other coins then it is really a risky investment and we do not have to put all of our capital in altcoins to remain secured.
We can afford to have faith in bitcoin that it will survive longer and won't disappear so easily, so investing in bitcoin can be profitable in future, but if you are investing in altcoin then make sure that you don't hold them longer.
hakanbalta577

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 10:16:34 AM

Calm down dude, putting your money in the bank for time deposit does not really give you a big amount of interest, let's say for example, if your money will just earn at least 10% per year for your time deposit, I can say that is not good enough.

On the other hand, if we are talking our lending our money, then you would receive a bigger interest as you can roll your capital and you can set the terms.
Yes 10% an year is a really small amount but still putting some amount of money there is not bad because money is 100% safe with guarantee there so with investing in other business or even lending we will have some extra saved money as well and which is growing really slowly but safely.
Pages: « 1 ... 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 [356] 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 ... 712 »
  Print  

Jump to: