Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:33:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What if US Dollar Crashes?  (Read 57058 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:12:18 AM

I was thinking about this, what if the US Dollar crashes like speculated by many renowned economists around the world?
What will be it's affects on the beloved currency, BTC?

By crash, you mean really crash?  The whole world economy will crash bringing everything with it...  including bitcoin.

couldn't be that the euro become the first currency instead of your dreadful scenario? just saying
Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:33:29 AM

You cannot predict a manipulated system, unless you know the plans of the manipulators. All these predictions of crashes rarely pan out because at the last minute a huge amount of money is injected somewhere to alter the system. The main system will crash when those who own it allow it to crash, or when even their resources are overwhelmed (eg. by earth changes or non-compliance).

transient858

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 10:43:13 AM

You cannot predict a manipulated system, unless you know the plans of the manipulators. All these predictions of crashes rarely pan out because at the last minute a huge amount of money is injected somewhere to alter the system. The main system will crash when those who own it allow it to crash, or when even their resources are overwhelmed (eg. by earth changes or non-compliance).

Spot on. But you can study the past actions of the manipulators and make a good educated guess on what they will do to benefit themselves.
harkonnen

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:18:08 PM

I was thinking about this, what if the US Dollar crashes like speculated by many renowned economists around the world?
What will be it's affects on the beloved currency, BTC?

If USD crashes, any fiat currency tied to USD will crash, which is... *all* of them. It's world-wide collapse with dooms-day scenario. It's unlikely to happen and right question would be what happens when USD becomes weaker, and lose its status as standard? And when will it happen? In this case, BTC will be stronger and, have more chance to be a leading standard among all fiat currencies. Because BTC cannot be manipulated at will by governments.
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 05:03:30 AM

It will never crash.

It has a similar credit system like how we use our credit cards, but theirs is on a entire international level with other international centralized banks that work together. And you say the dollar is going down, youre correct its been going down since way back when.

But, it`ll never turn to zero, since of the international scale making it take way longer then any of us can guess. 

mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 05:07:55 AM

If dollar crashes...gold will go to da moon
BTC also? - i hope so

IOTA
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 01:15:58 PM

BTC also? - i hope so

If dollar crash I dont think bitcoin is going to raise too because bitcoin is somehow related to dollar too. If it crash bitcoin will have a chance to collapse too and we need  to pump again or at least maitain it so dont let dollar drop for now
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 03:04:07 PM

BTC also? - i hope so

If dollar crash I dont think bitcoin is going to raise too because bitcoin is somehow related to dollar too. If it crash bitcoin will have a chance to collapse too and we need  to pump again or at least maitain it so dont let dollar drop for now

if the dollar collapses, it does not necessarily mean that bitcoin will crash too, bitcoin in this scenario can suck euro value or another fiat currency, or we can simply restart from zero and base its value on goods(the same they did with the fiat currency when they were born)
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 04:08:37 PM

BTC also? - i hope so

if the dollar collapses, it does not necessarily mean that bitcoin will crash too, bitcoin in this scenario can suck euro value or another fiat currency, or we can simply restart from zero and base its value on goods(the same they did with the fiat currency when they were born)

But still for dollar is the highest currency and if bitcoin suck euro that means at that time euro must be the highest one right? And its a wasting time if you start again from zero. Need to gain slowly but if that can be done its good then, if not how are we going to do? Bitcoin will sure collapse right?
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:06:06 PM

BTC also? - i hope so

But still for dollar is the highest currency and if bitcoin suck euro that means at that time euro must be the highest one right? And its a wasting time if you start again from zero. Need to gain slowly but if that can be done its good then, if not how are we going to do? Bitcoin will sure collapse right?

I don't see how Bitcoin would be hurt by it. The natural process would be Bitcoin draining any other dying values, just like Gold does in times of uncertainty with fiat.
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 05:26:05 PM

BTC also? - i hope so

I don't see how Bitcoin would be hurt by it. The natural process would be Bitcoin draining any other dying values, just like Gold does in times of uncertainty with fiat.

Like I said before dollar is the highest payment and it correspond to bitcoin. Its like coin, one sided is bitcoin and the other side is dollar, so it really affected bitcoin when dollar go down. And I hope dollar just stay the same and bitcoin will raise again to the moon for sure
Clint

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 03:18:50 PM

No way, dollars is very stable right now. If it does, the whole world's economy will crash in some sort.

Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 02:24:16 PM

If I fall down from this ladder, I will break my leg, which is unthinkable, I have never broken any leg and I wouldn't know what to do, therefore I will not fall down.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 02:35:25 PM

No way, dollars is very stable right now. If it does, the whole world's economy will crash in some sort.

Yes. 90% of the world's trade is being conducted in the USD. And also, most of the countries sell their debt to institutional investors in the form of treasury bonds, which are denominated in the US Dollar. If the US Dollar collapses, bond holders will lose some $58 trillion in government debt, as well as trillions of USD in debt which is owed by big corporations, such as Gazprom and Rosneft.
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 04:33:21 PM

Yes it is stable for now, but later who will know? It will crash if there are some other currency that can replace it, may be bitcoin will be nominated  Grin

Yes. 90% of the world's trade is being conducted in the USD. And also, most of the countries sell their debt to institutional investors in the form of treasury bonds, which are denominated in the US Dollar. If the US Dollar collapses, bond holders will lose some $58 trillion in government debt, as well as trillions of USD in debt which is owed by big corporations, such as Gazprom and Rosneft.

Indeed 90% or more may be, but dont you think others currencies are becoming stronger and stronger that will affect USD and this time bitcoin is going to make his movement. Do you think one day USD is going to be replaced by others(including bitcoin)?
Mehek

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 05:06:49 PM

European and Asian leaders will respond with the only weapon they have left: monetary inflation. They’ll cut interest rates and buy dollars with their currencies, flooding the world with euros and yen the way the U.S. now floods the world with dollars. The result of these “competitive devaluations” will be a death spiral for all major fiat currencies, in which European and Japanese bonds will, eventually, fare as badly as their U.S. cousins.
ThEmporium

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 05:47:21 PM

Grin if it happend, my currency(INR) will get more valued currency. Tongue
How would be Indian Currency will get more value, when most of the Indian IT Sectors depends on the United States outsourcing. If US Dollars fails, it will have massive bad impact on the whole world which will leads to the worst ever global crisis gain.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 06:56:14 PM

if the us dollar crashes, thats like saying the main world reserve cash form is done.

which means everyone else like other countries will belly up as well. so its more of what we saw back in 2008, but it wont crash anytime soon since foreign help is always done with various world reserve other governments helping us.
funkenstein
Legendary

Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 10:14:10 PM

Everybody will be immediately much better off. 

"Give me control over a coin's checkpoints and I care not who mines its blocks."
http://vtscc.org  http://woodcoin.info
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 07:26:20 AM

it does not makes sense for the strongest fiat to crash, before the other, so this mean that if it crash,. all the others are crashed too, which is equal to bitcoin being the king, fundamentally

what i'm expecting in the case of a general fiat collapse, is not only bitcoin will be recognized and adopted more, but many other crypto coins,will follow
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: