Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 11:23:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 799 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Flat Earth  (Read 1095078 times)
volatilebtc

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 03:32:25 PM

How as an individual can I know if the Earth is a sphere or a flat disc? What experiment can I do that doesn't involve trusting information from a 3rd party that would prove what the geometry really is?

This question has no relevance with practical world. Earth is shaped like an egg . I f you want to do any experiment , please choose UNIVERSE as subject and tell me how vast is it and whats outside ?

If I want to take a trek across Antarctica then I think it's relevant to know if I'll be on the same planet when I get to the other side.  What proof do you have that Earth is shaped like an egg?  What if Earth is the centre of the universe and it's vast and the Sun (32 mile diameter according to some theories), stars and galaxies are small?

I cant tell you everything, the proofs can be supplied by satellite pics, I cant tell you whether earth is centre or not , but yes I have heard of a theory which says If every particle of universe is taken together ,  it would be too small relative to universe. I just wonder what is outside universe.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin faucet  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  Freebitc◔in   ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible  ↑↓ Highest Reward 50% Referral benefit  ↑↓
snapter

Activity: 76

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:35:43 PM

How as an individual can I know if the Earth is a sphere or a flat disc? What experiment can I do that doesn't involve trusting information from a 3rd party that would prove what the geometry really is?

This question has no relevance with practical world. Earth is shaped like an egg . I f you want to do any experiment , please choose UNIVERSE as subject and tell me how vast is it and whats outside ?

If I want to take a trek across Antarctica then I think it's relevant to know if I'll be on the same planet when I get to the other side.  What proof do you have that Earth is shaped like an egg?  What if Earth is the centre of the universe and it's vast and the Sun (32 mile diameter according to some theories), stars and galaxies are small?

I cant tell you everything, the proofs can be supplied by satellite pics, I cant tell you whether earth is centre or not , but yes I have heard of a theory which says If every particle of universe is taken together ,  it would be too small relative to universe. I just wonder what is outside universe.

By asking what is outside it you are thinking in three dimensions. There are more dimensions such as time.
volatilebtc

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 03:28:42 PM

By asking what is outside it you are thinking in three dimensions. There are more dimensions such as time.

Ofcourse there are, but what is the interconnection of time and universe ?

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin faucet  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  Freebitc◔in   ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible  ↑↓ Highest Reward 50% Referral benefit  ↑↓
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 1373

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 03:38:14 PM

Ofcourse there are, but what is the interconnection of time and universe ?

Come on. Everything is the center of the universe. The Cosmic All is completely concave, from start to finish.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
tarzan2

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

its not my fault

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 06:11:09 AM

i think the only proof that would sufficiently provide the necessary evidence would be if you could crack it and make an omelet.. otherwise i think we must remain in the dark.. i am of the mind that we are living on a triangle, and it is by sheer will we do fly off into space...

i offer this as evidence..

hahah what say you now!

free bitcoin storage service! please send to: 1TArzAn26Wvw872Yw36JiBe21SEaypJTP
edward222

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 06:54:41 AM

Earth is circle.
Everyone already see it.
The question should be, "Why is it almost everything in space is circle?"
tarzan2

its not my fault

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 09:06:43 AM

because a circle is a point with no points.. get my point?
there is no point

that is why triangles... 3 points

|Bitcoin|

Activity: 320
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 11:01:25 AM

Earn more Bitcoin and then buy a spaceship. You will find out the answer. All of us is curious how the earth look like. Give us a answer within 2 years.
Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 02:00:14 PM

There is a really interesting video about this :

http://youtu.be/VNqNnUJVcVs

There is a whole community that talk about it.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 03:30:46 PM

Considering the subject that's a fairly unbiased video.

As for a community building up around the subject, I think we can blame NASA for faking absolutely everything and anything to do with space even when there's no need for it. Even if the Earth is round NASA would still fake evidence to prove it, leaving anybody paying attention to question the original premise that it's round. Something is up and NASA is doing a "Grade A" job of obfuscating Earth science and space.

After a few weeks of research I'm finding some alternative theories and ideas almost plausible, no thanks to The Flat Earth Society who seem hell-bent on promoting the most ridiculous and pseudo-scientific illogical flat Earth theories possible.

Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 03:37:07 PM

As for a community building up around the subject, I think we can blame NASA for faking absolutely everything and anything to do with space even when there's no need for it. Even if the Earth is round NASA would still fake evidence to prove it, leaving anybody paying attention to question the original premise that it's round. Something is up and NASA is doing a "Grade A" job of obfuscating Earth science and space.

After a few weeks of research I'm finding some alternative theories and ideas almost plausible, no thanks to The Flat Earth Society who seem hell-bent on promoting the most ridiculous and pseudo-scientific illogical flat Earth theories possible.

The flat earth society just proves how people can make something that everyone knows is not true appear as plausible, like what happens with some people that defend god or any other stupid beliefs

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 07:21:29 AM

What about the possibility that Earth is both a sphere and flat at the same time akin to how scientists claim that light is both a wave and a particle; Earth duality?

The idea is that the flat Earth plane exists as a waves until the moment of de-coherence and the waves collapse into a particles forming the round Earth sphere. The formation of a sphere being due to all the wavelengths that can't fit between any two particles pushing them together.

This theory answers volatilebtc's question about what's outside the universe i.e. waves. It also satisfies round Earth theorists, flat earth theorists and "The Matrix" Earth theorists.

Who says you can't please all the people all the time.  Grin
username18333

Activity: 378

Knowledge could but approximate existence.

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 06:02:03 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2015, 06:35:58 AM by username18333

What about the possibility that Earth is both a sphere and flat at the same time akin to how scientists claim that light is both a wave and a particle; Earth duality?

Quote from: Merriam-Webster. “Solipsism.” 2015. Web. 07 May 2015. link=http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/solipsism
:  a theory holding that the self can know nothing but its own modifications and that the self is the only existent thing; also :  extreme egocentrism

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
edward222

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:30:49 AM

because a circle is a point with no points.. get my point?
there is no point

that is why triangles... 3 points

Oh God.
tarzan2

its not my fault

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:48:41 AM

The idea is that the flat Earth plane exists as a waves until the moment of de-coherence and the waves collapse into a particles forming the round Earth sphere. The formation of a sphere being due to all the wavelengths that can't fit between any two particles pushing them together.

This theory answers volatilebtc's question about what's outside the universe i.e. waves. It also satisfies round Earth theorists, flat earth theorists and "The Matrix" Earth theorists.

Who says you can't please all the people all the time.  Grin

notbatman who/what are you? how do you know so much? are you an alien?

sphere/pancake duality could possibly be the most brilliant thing since the wave particle conspiracy of the 1900's. genius

notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 07:37:49 AM

Who says you can't please all the people all the time.  Grin

notbatman who/what are you? how do you know so much? are you an alien?

sphere/pancake duality could possibly be the most brilliant thing since the wave particle conspiracy of the 1900's. genius

I'm not Batman; your average poverty stricken single male basement dweller who put every dime he could scrape together to buy a Bitcoin miner from Black Arrow who just stole my money leaving me high and dry, Google told me everything, no I'm not from Mexico.

The the idea for sphere/pancake duality came from the Vsauce video linked by birdman after the host explained that things get flattened when they approach the speed of light. That being said I can't really take credit for any perceived brilliance.

bitfancier

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 10:45:19 AM

i think the only proof that would sufficiently provide the necessary evidence would be if you could crack it and make an omelet.. otherwise i think we must remain in the dark.. i am of the mind that we are living on a triangle, and it is by sheer will we do fly off into space...

i offer this as evidence..

https://i.imgur.com/nO6I8sJ.jpg

hahah what say you now!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
bitbunnny
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1068

WOLF.BET - Provably Fair Crypto Casino

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 01:47:59 PM

Why this dicsussion? Are we back in middel Ages?

Godyr

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 01:57:35 PM

Why this dicsussion? Are we back in middel Ages?

The discussion is quite interesting actually, he is asking for an experiment that anyone can do to prove to themselves that earth is not flat, wich might not be that easy to find.
username18333

Activity: 378

Knowledge could but approximate existence.

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 05:33:56 PM

he is asking for an experiment that anyone can do to prove to themselves that earth is not flat

As one focuses further out, one focuses on more light; hence, more “objects” occupy its “field of vision” and, therefor, increase the “object”-density thereof. However, “the disappearance of” (notbatman) occurs when light from a body that was, previously, in view reaches neither the cones nor the rods of the retina (e.g., for the obstruction thereof).

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 799 »
  Print  

Jump to: