Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:55:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 799 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Flat Earth  (Read 1095075 times)
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 08:50:00 PM

The world is not flat, its round like a ball. As because the earth is so big people who lives sees infront of him that everything is flat but its round like a ball. Its proved and confirmed very well.

yeah were on a giant ball spinning at 1000mph

i'l just leave this here Wink

Try spinning the tennis ball at a rate of one revolution every 24 hours and see how much water flies off.

so you honestly believe the sphere earth concept, where the sphere turns 360 degrees in 24 hours, yet spins at 1038MPH at the equator?HuhHuh

LMFAO

Pardon me for not being persuaded by your image of a tennis ball which, if spinning at 1038 mph, would make close to 200 million revolutions in a 24-hour period.

what about your satellite tv, you know those alleged satelittes which are capable of flying in perfect synchronicity with the earth, ever set a sky tv system up? if you have you will know your disk has to be perfectly accurately pointed at something we are told is hovering a mile in the sky LMFAO sky tv is ground based the satelitte signal is reflected off the ionosphere, this is the only accurate method of fixing a so called satellite signal Wink

"Oh no, my analogy was false! Abort! Abort! Switch topics immediately!"

you clearly have zero sense of perspective LOL

Correct, I am under the false impression that anything reasonable will make sense to you when filtered through your perspective.

works 2 ways that one dude Wink i learned concepts at school not facts, there are many concepts out there, accepting the one we are steered towards is not always intelligent, like i say i deal in facts but love a good debate over concepts and theories, that is how we progress after all Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 09:18:29 PM

The world is not flat, its round like a ball. As because the earth is so big people who lives sees infront of him that everything is flat but its round like a ball. Its proved and confirmed very well.

Try spinning the tennis ball at a rate of one revolution every 24 hours and see how much water flies off.

so you honestly believe the sphere earth concept, where the sphere turns 360 degrees in 24 hours, yet spins at 1038MPH at the equator?HuhHuh

LMFAO

Pardon me for not being persuaded by your image of a tennis ball which, if spinning at 1038 mph, would make close to 200 million revolutions in a 24-hour period.

what about your satellite tv, you know those alleged satelittes which are capable of flying in perfect synchronicity with the earth, ever set a sky tv system up? if you have you will know your disk has to be perfectly accurately pointed at something we are told is hovering a mile in the sky LMFAO sky tv is ground based the satelitte signal is reflected off the ionosphere, this is the only accurate method of fixing a so called satellite signal Wink

Correct, I am under the false impression that anything reasonable will make sense to you when filtered through your perspective.

works 2 ways that one dude Wink i learned concepts at school not facts, there are many concepts out there, accepting the one we are steered towards is not always intelligent, like i say i deal in facts but love a good debate over concepts and theories, that is how we progress after all Wink

Precisely why I say that flat-earth will need to be believed before it will make any sense. Too much natural evidence for globe-earth to not make sense before believing it.

Flat-earth perspective is just one example. It doesn't make sense until you believe it first. But globe-earth perspective makes sense just by looking at it.

Another example that falls into this believe-first category is, the flat-earth idea that there is no gravity, but only density.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 11:24:50 PM

LMFAO

I'm an autodidact.  School and I never got along, though I appreciated that it was easy.  Learning on your own, questioning what you're taught, and going against the grain can be great -- surely, it can lead to great insights under many circumstances.  However, it can also lead to time-wasting and can do more harm than good.  Judging by your tennis ball analogy, please excuse me for thinking it's doing you more harm than good.  The point you were trying to make with it was off by a factor of ~200 million.
trickyriky

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 03:35:19 AM

LMFAO

I'm an autodidact.  School and I never got along, though I appreciated that it was easy.  Learning on your own, questioning what you're taught, and going against the grain can be great -- surely, it can lead to great insights under many circumstances.  However, it can also lead to time-wasting and can do more harm than good.  Judging by your tennis ball analogy, please excuse me for thinking it's doing you more harm than good.  The point you were trying to make with it was off by a factor of ~200 million.

your perception is way off dude
exemplaar

Activity: 978
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 07:16:02 PM

LMFAO

Precisely why I say that flat-earth will need to be believed before it will make any sense. Too much natural evidence for globe-earth to not make sense before believing it.

Flat-earth perspective is just one example. It doesn't make sense until you believe it first. But globe-earth perspective makes sense just by looking at it.

Another example that falls into this believe-first category is, the flat-earth idea that there is no gravity, but only density.

Smiley

Are you joking? There is no sense in globe earth. I will repeat again, it is total madness and insanity.

Maybe you are watching too much nasa fakery CGI images and videos.

Flat Earth perspective part 3 conclusion  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZlS5SG8pDw

Good educational material.
-XXIII-

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 07:20:27 PM

I sincerely believe this notion is a by-product of a complete distrust in the establishment. If every word coming from the mouth of the beast is a lie, why couldn't this one be as well?
trickyriky

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 08:30:15 PM

I sincerely believe this notion is a by-product of a complete distrust in the establishment. If every word coming from the mouth of the beast is a lie, why couldn't this one be as well?

+1 Smiley

the fact a working scale model of flat earth exists and no working scale model of sphere or hollow earth is a massive give away, also if you look deep into vortex maths, all will be revealed. maths is the cryptography left to us by the ancients which were still decoding Wink
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 09:21:36 PM

I think it's a function of two things, primarily:

1) It's exciting and makes one feel special, intelligent, privileged, etc. to feel as a part of some small minority that has access to exclusive knowledge and insight that billions of others do not, especially when those billions of people include many extremely intelligent and powerful ones.

2)  Dumb people (in this case, I'm referring specifically those ignorant of physics, math, experimental interpretation, and sound inference) believe their dumb ideas are smarter than the smart ideas of smart people.  Such is the nature of stupidity.  I mean, nobody likes to come to grips with the dumbness of their most pervasive and time-consuming ideas.
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 09:36:44 PM

+1 Smiley

the fact a working scale model of flat earth exists and no working scale model of sphere or hollow earth is a massive give away, also if you look deep into vortex maths, all will be revealed. maths is the cryptography left to us by the ancients which were still decoding Wink

I hope you understand the problems of having a "working scale model of earth" while you're actually *on* Earth.  But hey, if you have a scale model of a flat earth located in some distant part of space where it isn't subject to all of the forces present near Earth itself, I'd love to see it.  Any physical model of a planetary body would be invalid right off the bat if it is affected by forces of the body it is attempting to model.

Fortunately, we have computers that allow us to create virtual models based upon precise mathematical inputs.  So, naturally, your task would be to create a virtual flat earth model that accounts for all of the data, modeled from physics equations that would allow you to predict events in the model.  Do you have such equations?  No, you do not, and accordingly no such working model of a flat earth exists.
trickyriky

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 10:02:47 PM

I think it's a function of two things, primarily:

1) It's exciting and makes one feel special, intelligent, privileged, etc. to feel as a part of some small minority that has access to exclusive knowledge and insight that billions of others do not, especially when those billions of people include many extremely intelligent and powerful ones.

2)  Dumb people (in this case, I'm referring specifically those ignorant of physics, math, experimental interpretation, and sound inference) believe their dumb ideas are smarter than the smart ideas of smart people.  Such is the nature of stupidity.  I mean, nobody likes to come to grips with the dumbness of their most pervasive and time-consuming ideas.

clearly 1 of the dumb people your speaking of, unaware of string theory are we?
trickyriky

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 10:06:06 PM

+1 Smiley

I hope you understand the problems of having a "working scale model of earth" while you're actually *on* Earth.  But hey, if you have a scale model of a flat earth located in some distant part of space where it isn't subject to all of the forces present near Earth itself, I'd love to see it.  Any physical model of a planetary body would be invalid right off the bat if it is affected by forces of the body it is attempting to model.

Fortunately, we have computers that allow us to create virtual models based upon precise mathematical inputs.  So, naturally, your task would be to create a virtual flat earth model that accounts for all of the data, modeled from physics equations that would allow you to predict events in the model.  Do you have such equations?  No, you do not, and accordingly no such working model of a flat earth exists.

go look up the recreation of the ancient greek antikythera mechanism, theres your working scale model of flat earth, found on earth and recreated, they wont tell you its a scale model of flat earth as that goes against "common core" or "common purpose" but if you watch it and study it you will see im not wrong, that device has predicted the location of stars and planets, the sun and moon with 100% accuracy for cenuries, if thats not a working scale model then were back to having 3 concepts that none have evidence for, if you think im blindly accepting 1 concept out of 3 with zero physical evidence then your a fool im afraid Tongue
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 10:17:04 PM

+1 Smiley

go look up the recreation of the ancient greek antikythera mechanism, theres your working scale model of flat earth, found on earth and recreated, they wont tell you its a scale model of flat earth as that goes against "common core" or "common purpose" but if you watch it and study it you will see im not wrong, that device has predicted the location of stars and planets, the sun and moon with 100% accuracy for cenuries, if thats not a working scale model then were back to having 3 concepts that none have evidence for, if you think im blindly accepting 1 concept out of 3 with zero physical evidence then your a fool im afraid Tongue

That's not a scale model of Earth.  Wonderful, you don't even know what constitutes a model.

Put another way, it's about as much of a scale model of Earth as a Punnett Square is a model of Darwinian Evolution.
trickyriky

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 10:42:39 PM

+1 Smiley

That's not a scale model of Earth.  Wonderful, you don't even know what constitutes a model.

Put another way, it's about as much of a scale model of Earth as a Punnett Square is a model of Darwinian Evolution.

go and watch the recreation, you haven't had time to so your commenting based on your own programed opinion, watch research and learn Smiley

jeez you really can lead a human to knowledge but cant make them look at it can you Sad you are making idiocracy a reality my learned friend Sad i dont type out this info for the good of my health, im attempting to educate you on the real world, if there was nothing in this then why are numerous universities funding string theory? because they know the real world is far from popular belief Wink

another 1, nasa now say were on an oblique spheroid aka a giant pear yet nasa own images of sphere earth blow this new theory out of the water, stop falling for the bullshit your spoon fed because your too lazy to do your own due diligence and research Smiley
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 11:49:45 PM

+1 Smiley

That's not a scale model of Earth.  Wonderful, you don't even know what constitutes a model.

go and watch the recreation, you haven't had time to so your commenting based on your own programed opinion, watch research and learn Smiley

jeez you really can lead a human to knowledge but cant make them look at it can you Sad you are making idiocracy a reality my learned friend Sad i dont type out this info for the good of my health, im attempting to educate you on the real world, if there was nothing in this then why are numerous universities funding string theory? because they know the real world is far from popular belief Wink

another 1, nasa now say were on an oblique spheroid aka a giant pear yet nasa own images of sphere earth blow this new theory out of the water, stop falling for the bullshit your spoon fed because your too lazy to do your own due diligence and research Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1009045.msg13328943#msg13328943

What were you saying?  You know what they say about assuming...

We already had this conversation.
trickyriky

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 01:45:33 AM

+1 Smiley

That's not a scale model of Earth.  Wonderful, you don't even know what constitutes a model.

yeah and i dont recall you replying to "thats a matter of opinion and open minds that 1 mate Wink" lol

watch it with an open mind, the earth is center to everything in space, the antikythera mechanism shows that, then if you raise up the top of the mechanism off the top of earth depicting cog, then you have the earth and the skys, with perfectly accurate locations of everything we allegedly already know about...

hey im still not fully convinced myself but i no longer believe the sphere earth concept myself, there are 3 concepts and so far i prefer flat earth, i dont pretend to know all the ins and outs, but i do like to theorize as thats how we progress, yeah i may be wasting my time but thats my choice im sure out of 7.8 billion of us, me choosing to prefer 1 concept over the other 2 isnt likely to hinder progress in any way shape or form, we are insignificant in the grand scheme of things Wink
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 05:26:37 PM

+1 Smiley

yeah and i dont recall you replying to "thats a matter of opinion and open minds that 1 mate Wink" lol

watch it with an open mind, the earth is center to everything in space, the antikythera mechanism shows that, then if you raise up the top of the mechanism off the top of earth depicting cog, then you have the earth and the skys, with perfectly accurate locations of everything we allegedly already know about...

hey im still not fully convinced myself but i no longer believe the sphere earth concept myself, there are 3 concepts and so far i prefer flat earth, i dont pretend to know all the ins and outs, but i do like to theorize as thats how we progress, yeah i may be wasting my time but thats my choice im sure out of 7.8 billion of us, me choosing to prefer 1 concept over the other 2 isnt likely to hinder progress in any way shape or form, we are insignificant in the grand scheme of things Wink

1) I didn't respond to it because I don't feel like taking the time to explain the differences between fact and opinion.  There are correct interpretations and incorrect ones.  Sometimes interpretations can be blurry, but this isn't one of those times.  It's not a flat earth model.  It's not even close.

2)  An open mind is one thing, a rational mind is another.  You seem to be favoring the former at the expense of the latter.  For example, now you're saying that the device proves a geocentric earth (it doesn't), which has nothing to do with proving a flat earth. 

3) Yes, you can believe what you want, and yes you can waste time if you choose.  But you don't have to.  There's no need to reinvent the wheel in this case.  We've already figured this out.
trickyriky

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 05:38:43 PM

+1 Smiley

1) I didn't respond to it because I don't feel like taking the time to explain the differences between fact and opinion.  There are correct interpretations and incorrect ones.  Sometimes interpretations can be blurry, but this isn't one of those times.  It's not a flat earth model.  It's not even close.

2)  An open mind is one thing, a rational mind is another.  You seem to be favoring the former at the expense of the latter.  For example, now you're saying that the device proves a geocentric earth (it doesn't), which has nothing to do with proving a flat earth. 

3) Yes, you can believe what you want, and yes you can waste time if you choose.  But you don't have to.  There's no need to reinvent the wheel in this case.  We've already figured this out.

1 lol you seem to be under some misguided opinion that your programmed opinion has some kind of value amongst true free thinkers, your opinion is programed, that doctrine you likely received from a school, i get it you cant help but resort back to the bullshit you were programmed with, this is you withholding progress by not even looking at the evidence you are presented.

2 erm yes it does, you have still clearly not looked at the recreation, due diligence and research are very valuable Tongue either that or you lack the imagination to replace 1 gear with a longer gear to raise up the sky system from the earth plane cog but hey thats your hang up, all you are doing is proving you are an ignorant individual desperately clinging to the doctrines you were implanted with, all you have to do is watch the recreation of the device, its not rocket science, mind neither is string theory, yet countless universities are working on string theory and investing heavily, must be something in it for these places to be investing, thats just common sense Wink

3 not trying to reinvent the wheel, im trying to prove 1 of the 3 concepts right or wrong, so far you have offered no evidence of substance, you have regurgitated somebody elses theories which are not true, sorry if you dont like it but facts are facts Smiley the truth cares not what your opinion might be, the truth cares not what 7.8 billion opinions may be, the truth is the truth, and is generally not appreciated evidenced by your comments Smiley

the joint
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 06:03:28 PM

+1 Smiley

1 lol you seem to be under some misguided opinion that your programmed opinion has some kind of value amongst true free thinkers, your opinion is programed, that doctrine you likely received from a school, i get it you cant help but resort back to the bullshit you were programmed with, this is you withholding progress by not even looking at the evidence you are presented.

2 erm yes it does, you have still clearly not looked at the recreation, due diligence and research are very valuable Tongue either that or you lack the imagination to replace 1 gear with a longer gear to raise up the sky system from the earth plane cog but hey thats your hang up, all you are doing is proving you are an ignorant individual desperately clinging to the doctrines you were implanted with, all you have to do is watch the recreation of the device, its not rocket science, mind neither is string theory, yet countless universities are working on string theory and investing heavily, must be something in it for these places to be investing, thats just common sense Wink

3 not trying to reinvent the wheel, im trying to prove 1 of the 3 concepts right or wrong, so far you have offered no evidence of substance, you have regurgitated somebody elses theories which are not true, sorry if you dont like it but facts are facts Smiley the truth cares not what your opinion might be, the truth cares not what 7.8 billion opinions may be, the truth is the truth, and is generally not appreciated evidenced by your comments Smiley

And this is where I bow out of our conversation.  Thanks for the entertainment.
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 06:46:14 PM

I'm not going to bother reading the entire thread since there seems to be a lot of incoherent babbling going on however I would like to drop this here.

If the earth is flat why do radio operators need to account for curvature of the Earth when compensating for line of sight?
http://www.hamuniverse.com/lineofsightcalculator.html

{ BitSpill }
trickyriky

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 07:08:59 PM

+1 Smiley

And this is where I bow out of our conversation.  Thanks for the entertainment.

tooles yeah thanks for the entertainment yourself, just a little reminder its 2016, idiocracy wasnt meant to be reality just yet Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 799 »
  Print  

Jump to: