Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:15:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm giving 100% ROI away to anyone who thinks pirate is a fraud  (Read 102981 times)
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 10:50:58 AM

As agreed via PM I am willing to bet 10BTC.
I am not home right now so I do not have my BTC address, but will post again later tonight with my BTC address.

Accepted. No worries.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 11:02:43 AM

if I defaulted on my bet, I'd have a legal excuse of being a minor and not being legally allowed to sign a contract without parent consent and I'd use you as proof since you know my age for sure. LOL Epic.

Just quoting verbatim what Matthew thinks about his possible con, he thinks it is quite amusing.

Please resume throwing your money away Wink

BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 11:04:39 AM

No escrow, fails to provide any sort of proof he could cover his debt when all it would take is signed address or a picture of the first bits of the bar(s). Yah ok.

Now I am wondering how many ppl here made naked bets.

Now I am wondering ow many people here made bets naked.

Thanks for putting that image in my head. Please be more careful with your phrasing in future.

I lol'ed (I'm naked right now)
+1, but I didn't bet Tongue

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 11:04:39 AM

if I defaulted on my bet, I'd have a legal excuse of being a minor and not being legally allowed to sign a contract without parent consent and I'd use you as proof since you know my age for sure. LOL Epic.

Just quoting verbatim what Matthew thinks about his possible con, he thinks it is quite amusing.

Please resume throwing your money away Wink

Thank you. I'm sure they're all impressed with your internet detective skills and how you thought I was a 17 year old. Oh my!

Full quote to prove your dishonesty:

If I am indeed misinformed about your age, perhaps you consider why it is so easy for me and others to assume you are young. I should stop lying about having proof of your age.
FTFY.

I shall edit the post, striking out your age but the warning shall remain as you have not demonstrated any reason why you should be trusted, especially when it comes to handling bets.

Please, don't change anything. I'm just messing with you. I honestly hope you keep everything you said the same, because it's hilariously entertaining and if I defaulted on my bet, I'd have a legal excuse of being a minor and not being legally allowed to sign a contract without parent consent and I'd use you as proof since you know my age for sure. LOL Epic.

To everyone watching, my apologies, I'm just having so much fun with Level 2 of this game called Forum. There are all new types of trolls at this stage! (The kind that actually believe what they say!  Shocked)

RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 11:09:25 AM

Mem, you're a giant spaz.

That is all.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:15:27 PM

In light of recent news that pirate has indeed paid out one individual (and 2 reported although unconfirmed), I am even more confident that I will indeed win this bet as I had originally hoped. I've decided to raise the maximum bet to 1,000BTC per person.

I encourage anyone who is invested in Pirate who is unsure of his legitimacy (which is still not proven) to use this opportunity to hedge with me, reason being that I have already locked the 10,000BTC funds towards this bet and will not be backing away from that amount.

jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:16:47 PM

In light of recent news that pirate has indeed paid out one individual (and 2 reported although unconfirmed), I am even more confident that I will indeed win this bet as I had originally hoped. I've decided to raise the maximum bet to 1,000BTC per person.

I encourage anyone who is invested in Pirate who is unsure of his legitimacy (which is still not proven) to use this opportunity to hedge with me, reason being that I have already locked the 10,000BTC funds towards this bet and will not be backing away from that amount.

Shocked

Did you run this by Wladimir?  Roll Eyes
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:19:04 PM

Shocked

No need. I'd like to take this opportunity to remind the general public that this bet is a personal bet of mine and has absolutely no affiliation with the company that I work for, Bitcoin Magazine. My poor choices in public behavior should never be used as a weapon against a project that is absolutely fabulous and has some of the brightest and hardest working teams in Bitcoin. Thanks for keeping this clear.

unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:20:26 PM

lol

How many people will really pay you in the end? They'll say you knew it all along.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:21:45 PM

lol

How many people will really pay you in the end. They'll say you knew it all along.

I honestly have no idea if he will pay out or not, and I've mentioned several times now that I have no insider information. I know what the public knows and I have my own theories, that's all. Anyone who would place a bet and later back out when they lost because the other party "might have guessed correctly" is a fucking idiot as that's exactly what betting is--- betting on your guess being the right one.

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 12:24:09 PM

Shocked

No need. I'd like to take this opportunity to remind the general public that this bet is a personal bet of mine and has absolutely no affiliation with the company that I work for, Bitcoin Magazine. My poor choices in public behavior should never be used as a weapon against a project that is absolutely fabulous and has some of the brightest and hardest working teams in Bitcoin. Thanks for keeping this clear.

as it was already mentioned you must have information which other do not have. this is not fair!

drakahn

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:25:38 PM

Shocked

Did you run this by Wladimir?  Roll Eyes

as it was already mentioned you must have information which other do not have. this is not fair!
1) he has no information, just giant balls and expensive pants.
2) how is it not fair if he did? this bet is not forced on anyone.

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:25:44 PM

Shocked

There you go Matthew Cheesy
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:26:09 PM

Shocked

You're making accusations and I have already denied this ridiculous rumors. I believe that everyone is being ridiculous and that Pirate is probably not a ponzi for several very good reasons. When the bet is over, I'll give my reasons, but it won't have any bearing and is still based on something that I cannot prove.

mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:28:22 PM

Quote from: Matthew N. Wright
I believe that everyone is being ridiculous

lol, this damn everyone person - what an asshole.

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 12:29:17 PM

Shocked

You're making accusations and I have already denied this ridiculous rumors. I believe that everyone is being ridiculous and that Pirate is probably not a ponzi for several very good reasons. When the bet is over, I'll give my reasons, but it won't have any bearing and is still based on something that I cannot prove.

thanks for your candidness! now every stupid idiot can estimate the risks of the bet against you.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:30:50 PM

It's ironic that loudmouthed over-confident decriers brought me to make a bet, and loudmouthed over-confident decriers end up plaguing my bet thread. I guess I need to find another way to bankrupt your defaming, accusatory asses. I'll think of something next week. Get your coins ready!

jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:32:14 PM

It's ironic that loudmouthed idiots brought me to make a bet, and loudmouthed idiots plague my bet thread. I guess I need to find another way to bankrupt your defaming, accusatory retards. I'll think of something next week. Get your coins ready!

Maybe you should make a bet about when bitcoin magazine #5 will ship......
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:34:30 PM

It's ironic that loudmouthed idiots brought me to make a bet, and loudmouthed idiots plague my bet thread. I guess I need to find another way to bankrupt your defaming, accusatory retards. I'll think of something next week. Get your coins ready!

Maybe you should make a bet about when bitcoin magazine #5 will ship......

Good idea!

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 12:36:54 PM

Why is MNW so confident in his bet? Because he is pirateat40.

Beat that conspiracy hypothesis.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: