Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:34:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm giving 100% ROI away to anyone who thinks pirate is a fraud  (Read 102981 times)
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 02:30:15 PM

I'm not a sock puppet and can easily prove it (xoтя бы вoт тaк, Mэтью нe paзгoвapивaeт пo-pyccки).

Oй, cпacибo! Я пoнятия нe имeл кaк eгo имя пиcaть пo pyccки. Дyмaл мoжeт Maт, нo "Я c мaтoм гoвopю" нe oчeнь xopoшo звyчит.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Blind

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 04:36:54 PM

I'm not a sock puppet and can easily prove it (xoтя бы вoт тaк, Mэтью нe paзгoвapивaeт пo-pyccки).

Thanks to Google Translate, I can prove that I speak 65 languages.

Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. -- Ronald Reagan
danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 04:43:57 PM

Give him a break everyone you saw him bet up to $800000 without demanding an escrow, on bets of bitcoin odds on him paying were 10/1 against him paying two weeks before. Why did it come as a surprise to anyone and why didn't anyone make a fuss about escrow when it was clear as day he wasn't going to pay!!!

At the end of the day he's not an asshole like pirate, fair enough he shouldn't of done it but he's an attention seeker not a bad man! Matt's lesson was stupid and pointless if you see something that looks like a scam I think you should call them out on it in the hope it saves people money, but the real lesson to be learned from all this is don't trust anyone with your bitcoins!

Lessons

-Don't join ponzi schemes
-Don't expect to get paid off someone that's bet nearly $1m on something stupid.

Dont trust anyone in the BTC community
Especially not members who hold "respected " positions and have been around for a long time

MNW is  finished after this,why are people even still talking about it ?
i start to wonder how many sock puppets with sizable post counts there really is because
noboby in their right mind would be talking about bring him back after doing this

Vlad is. Trying to buy up the debt with Mags...   
omg.  be Vlad must be Matthew, who is obviously Pirate!  OMG

tpantlik

Activity: 136

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 06:35:12 PM

So can you prove that you can speak Czech?  Wink

Gods sent us a powerful tool - cryptography - to fight with those who are trying to exploit us. USE IT!!
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 07:07:50 PM

So can you prove that you can speak Czech?  Wink

Hehe. Blind in my ignore list, so I didn't notice his reply. Btw, Google Translate unable to translate Russian correctly. Any native speaker will notice when someone uses such a translator.
the_thing

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 07:09:44 PM

Hehe. Blind in my ignore list, so I didn't notice his reply. Btw, Google Translate unable to translate Russian correctly. Any native speaker will notice when someone uses such a translator.
even I speak russian better than google. google translate sucks in all languages.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP"   
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"     
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
Blind

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 10:31:26 PM

Jistě, pokud jste krásná žena, mohu dokázat že znát rovnež francouzsky.

---

Blind in my ignore list

Still butthurt that I exposed Matthew's masterplan? Can't deny responsibility for destroying his life-long dream, and I'm sorry for it, but at least that saved few of you from some heavy trauma.

Please take me back!

Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. -- Ronald Reagan
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 10:45:40 PM

By "speak", did you mean "write"? If you actually did mean "speak" can you post instructions for getting Google Translate to generate spoken sentences? I see opportunities for many a jape.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
bitcorn

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 11:26:04 PM

As for a scammer being an asset to the community, maybe, I mean, Bruce Wagner engaged the community with his bitcoin show and meetups and could have been thought of as an asset in that way. However when his history was exposed his entire credibility went down the drain and he hasn't been doing any since then. I think at least Bruce Wagner has served his time right, he might deserve a second chance…

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff74/dakotasmama25/Miscellaneous/how-about-a-nice-cup-of-shut-the-fu.jpg
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 07:24:44 AM

i'd forgive him if he would make a - even a small - payment to all his bet-takers

No you wouldn't. It wouldn't change your opinion of him in the least, nor would it change anyone else's, sine he would be doing this after the fact, and after being told to, not out of his own volition, and thus not because of his own "good moral" character.

It would be about as useful and effective as having a kid say "I'm sorry" because his mom is standing there making him say it.

i do always respect an apology as long as i do feel that the other party is honest about it.

as i think it would hurt MNW to pay 10% (numbers are made up) to all his bet-takers i'd accept this as an apology. just because i am quite sure he only apologized because its important to him.

i dont think this will happen though Wink
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 07:57:46 AM

i'd forgive him if he would make a - even a small - payment to all his bet-takers

No you wouldn't. It wouldn't change your opinion of him in the least, nor would it change anyone else's, sine he would be doing this after the fact, and after being told to, not out of his own volition, and thus not because of his own "good moral" character.

It would be about as useful and effective as having a kid say "I'm sorry" because his mom is standing there making him say it.

i do always respect an apology as long as i do feel that the other party is honest about it.

as i think it would hurt MNW to pay 10% (numbers are made up) to all his bet-takers i'd accept this as an apology. just because i am quite sure he only apologized because its important to him.

i dont think this will happen though Wink

I don't think MNW gives your personal opinion too much importance. As far as I'm concerned, that 10% doesn't mean much. Those who bet silly amounts would surely love it though.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
tpantlik

Activity: 136

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 10:47:36 AM

Jistě, pokud jste krásná žena, mohu dokázat že znát rovnež francouzsky.

LOL, tak to by mě určitě přesvědčilo Grin Správně je to "Jistě, pokud jste krásná žena, mohu dokázat, že umím rovnež francouzsky."  Cheesy

Gods sent us a powerful tool - cryptography - to fight with those who are trying to exploit us. USE IT!!
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 09:26:03 PM

As for a scammer being an asset to the community, maybe, I mean, Bruce Wagner engaged the community with his bitcoin show and meetups and could have been thought of as an asset in that way. However when his history was exposed his entire credibility went down the drain and he hasn't been doing any since then. I think at least Bruce Wagner has served his time right, he might deserve a second chance
Bruce Wagner's recently started using his reputation and SEO-foo to start scamming people who're trying to buy Bitcoins, from what I've read elsewhere in the forums. So no.

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
dayfall

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 06:28:37 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2012, 07:09:45 PM by dayfall

I just got around to listening to DonkDown radio when they interviewed Matthew.   I have no doubt that he intended to pay (to the community) or collect.  He simply chose to to pay what he owes. 

Welcher: someone who swindles you by not repaying a debt or wager
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 03:35:34 PM

http://www.justanswer.com/uk-law/4j4fm-gambling-debts-legally-enforceable-uk.html

-
Blind

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 06:26:31 PM

And that word is derived from wheelchair.

mobodick

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 06:56:15 PM

And that word is derived from wheelchair.

Actually, the word is welsher and it comes from people living in Wales.
But welching is also used.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Welshing
Blind

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 08:15:36 PM

Actually, the word is welsher and it comes from people living in Wales.

You got me, my statement was humorous. I like my version more however, for being more romantic.

Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58]
  Print  

Jump to: