Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:03:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] S.DICE - SatoshiDICE 100% Dividend-Paying Asset on MPEx  (Read 316142 times)
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 01:38:44 AM

LOL!!!

I just accidentally brought satoshidice shares on Bitfunder at 0.039 instead of 0.0039.

Wow, that's a stupid mistake but luckily I only lost less than a dollar since I brought 2 shares Tongue

Are you saying your buy order did not get the lowest offered shares available? Wtf. The operator keeps the difference?

I assume that it averages the two orders (liquidity provider and liquidity consumer), which is both standard and fair. Warning should have been given though, given the amount at stake.

Fair? If i bid 100 dollars for 3 bitcoins at mtgox, mtgox fills the order for 3 bitcoins at the going rate and i keep the remaining usd.How should it be different? Operator gets a percentage cut of amount used in transaction or a set fee. Not keep whatever is left plus any other fee.

I would dig deeper into that and get your full amount of sahres you can fir the money spent.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bugpowder

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 01:39:39 AM

LOL!!!

I just accidentally brought satoshidice shares on Bitfunder at 0.039 instead of 0.0039.

Wow, that's a stupid mistake but luckily I only lost less than a dollar since I brought 2 shares Tongue

Are you saying your buy order did not get the lowest offered shares available? Wtf. The operator keeps the difference?

I assume that it averages the two orders (liquidity provider and liquidity consumer), which is both standard and fair. Warning should have been given though, given the amount at stake.

No way. That is not how any financial market works. If you place a market buy order, or limit buy order greater than the lowest ask price, you will get filled at the ask. Unless the lowest ask was .039, you got filled much lower than that, at the lowest ask (currently 0.0048).
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 02:32:09 AM

Hi Everyone, we've decided to launch our own S.DICE passthru fund on https://www.havelockinvestments.com/fund.php?symbol=SDICE to allow others to invest in S.DICE without the need to spend 30BTC to setup an account on mpex (and figure out all the GPG complexities)

We have a public offering of 500 units (for 50000 shares) live right now, and will issue more if demand is there.

1 unit of our fund = 100 shares listed on mpex. 
We'll pay dividends of 95% of whatever mpex pays us.

Cheers,
 James

Any proof of this?

Although December had unusually high earnings of 3.2% (17,206.44888669 /537,375.97) the intriguing part

The most intriguing part is your denominator. Where did you pick up 537,375.97 from?

To be conservative we will assume the public float dividend were doubled and paid out to the anonymous investor holding the other 90%. After all, the anonymous investor owns 9x more than the public float and would not want to jeopardize SD's solvency potentially having to shutter it due to bad luck and has probably not taken any dividends since they probably have plenty of cash from the IPO and could probably fly private wherever they want with this type of monthly cash-flow.

The 90% holder is all but anonymous. How is this an analysis, you're too lazy to get the basic facts straight.

LOL!!!

This is perhaps the most insane thing I've ever read on btctalk. And this is saying quite a lot.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 03:29:05 AM

Although December had unusually high earnings of 3.2% (17,206.44888669 /537,375.97) the intriguing part

The most intriguing part is your denominator. Where did you pick up 537,375.97 from?

The 90% holder is all but anonymous. How is this an analysis, you're too lazy to get the basic facts straight.

The Satoshi Dice spreadsheet December sheet cell D3.

From Bloomberg Businessweek:

Erik Voorhees, director of marketing and communications at BitInstant, helped design SatoshiDice, a gambling site hosted in Ireland and owned by an anonymous investor. Since launching in April, the site has taken in about $15 million in bets, Voorhees says. SatoshiDice is careful to keep everything in Bitcoin; until it’s clear how the site will be treated legally, “it’s better to keep it completely separate from real life,” he says.

Any assertions that any particular individual owns Satoshi Dice is a fact not yet in evidence and has not yet been proven. Bloomberg most likely attempted to do some investigative journalism and track down the owner but the domain WHOIS lists PrivacyProtect.org and they were most likely unable to find anyone willing to make a personal statement (see Federal Rules of Evidence 602) that they owned it. Any competent legal counsel would most likely advice a client like this anonymous investor not to make any affirmative assertions of ownership. Consequently, the only fact established in evidence is that Satoshi Dice is owned by an anonymous investor and Bloomberg's reporting is accurate.

Meanwhile, it looks like Satoshi Dice has about 150k of bets so far in Jan and is on track to have volume up in Jan similar to Dec/Nov. Some serious growth!

EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 11:25:56 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2013, 05:36:41 PM by EskimoBob

The Satoshi Dice spreadsheet December sheet cell D3.

From Bloomberg Businessweek:

Erik Voorhees, director of marketing and communications at BitInstant, helped design SatoshiDice, a gambling site hosted in Ireland and owned by an anonymous investor. Since launching in April, the site has taken in about $15 million in bets, Voorhees says. SatoshiDice is careful to keep everything in Bitcoin; until it’s clear how the site will be treated legally, “it’s better to keep it completely separate from real life,” he says.

Any assertions that any particular individual owns Satoshi Dice is a fact not yet in evidence and has not yet been proven. Bloomberg most likely attempted to do some investigative journalism and track down the owner but the domain WHOIS lists PrivacyProtect.org and they were most likely unable to find anyone willing to make a personal statement (see Federal Rules of Evidence 602) that they owned it. Any competent legal counsel would most likely advice a client like this anonymous investor not to make any affirmative assertions of ownership. Consequently, the only fact established in evidence is that Satoshi Dice is owned by an anonymous investor and Bloomberg's reporting is accurate.

Meanwhile, it looks like Satoshi Dice has about 150k of bets so far in Jan and is on track to have volume up in Jan similar to Dec/Nov. Some serious growth!

What do you mean by "owned by an anonymous investor" ?

Nonsense. The shares which are not yet sold are still owned by me. They are in my personal MPEx account, just as if I had bought them. Dividends thus go to me.

Nonsense. The shares which are not yet sold are still owned by me. They are in my personal MPEx account, just as if I had bought them. Dividends thus go to me.

I was under impression that all the shares from IPO (10 mil), including the imaginary ones (90 mil) belong to evoorhees and he (NOT the Company!) is selling 10 mil via mpex from his personal stash.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 11:43:55 AM

LOL!!!

No way. That is not how any financial market works. If you place a market buy order, or limit buy order greater than the lowest ask price, you will get filled at the ask. Unless the lowest ask was .039, you got filled much lower than that, at the lowest ask (currently 0.0048).
Yes, the lowest ask was at 0.039, haha. Was at 0.05 for a while.
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 04:14:54 PM

Hi Everyone, we've decided to launch our own S.DICE passthru fund on https://www.havelockinvestments.com/fund.php?symbol=SDICE to allow others to invest in S.DICE without the need to spend 30BTC to setup an account on mpex (and figure out all the GPG complexities)

We have a public offering of 500 units (for 50000 shares) live right now, and will issue more if demand is there.

Cheers,
 James

Any proof of this?

To be conservative we will assume the public float dividend were doubled and paid out to the anonymous investor holding the other 90%. After all, the anonymous investor owns 9x more than the public float and would not want to jeopardize SD's solvency potentially having to shutter it due to bad luck and has probably not taken any dividends since they probably have plenty of cash from the IPO and could probably fly private wherever they want with this type of monthly cash-flow.

LOL!!!

This is perhaps the most insane thing I've ever read on btctalk. And this is saying quite a lot.

Was operator error.

What happened was there was very little on sell side so some bright spark cleaned them out them listed at just over 10 * price.  Along comes somes someone unobservant, thinks the spread is small and buys at just over 10 * the price on MPEx.  Bid would have been at around  0.0037 and Ask at 0.039.  Easy to miss that those 2 prices aren't exactly close to one another.
fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 04:38:04 PM

Cheers,
 James

Any proof of this?

LOL!!!

Was operator error.

What happened was there was very little on sell side so some bright spark cleaned them out them listed at just over 10 * price.  Along comes somes someone unobservant, thinks the spread is small and buys at just over 10 * the price on MPEx.  Bid would have been at around  0.0037 and Ask at 0.039.  Easy to miss that those 2 prices aren't exactly close to one another.

Very little? There would have to be NO shares being offered at all for that to happen. Not a single share left to buy lower then  . 039. Correct me if i am wrong please.
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 05:03:22 PM

Cheers,
 James

Any proof of this?

LOL!!!

Was operator error.

Very little? There would have to be NO shares being offered at all for that to happen. Not a single share left to buy lower then  . 039. Correct me if i am wrong please.

"What happened was there was very little on sell side so some bright spark cleaned them out them listed at just over 10 * price."

Clearer?
fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 05:14:38 PM

Cheers,
 James

Any proof of this?

LOL!!!

Was operator error.

"What happened was there was very little on sell side so some bright spark cleaned them out them listed at just over 10 * price."

Clearer?

That makes sense. Thanks. I guess i am not used to an equity actually having a moment in time where not a single share is for sale and a single person can set a much higher ask price. Possible in bitcoin land tho!
lightbox

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 07:52:08 PM

Cheers,
 James

Any proof of this?

Sorry what kind of proof are you looking for? That the fund at havelock investments exists and is legit?
Or that we actually own the shares of S.DICE on MPEX on behalf of our investors?
Or something else?

Cheers,
James

https://www.canadianbitcoins.com for quick & easy buy/sell with $CAD
Canada's Oldest Bitcoin Brokerage.  Serving Canadian Bitcoiners since 2011!
MPOE-PR

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 12:56:49 AM

Or that we actually own the shares of S.DICE on MPEX on behalf of our investors?

This.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
lightbox

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 02:41:19 AM

This.

No problem. Feel free to verify the signed receipt below.  I'm still in the process of purchasing units for our 4th PO (just started tonight) which when it sells out will bring us to 150,000 shares.

The extra bitcoins in the balance is personal funds I'm using to make the purchasing smoother (not having to wait for funds from PO to be transferred to mpex.. Instead I can purchase shares as the PO sells or even pre-buy a bit to make sure I have the units shares covered)

Cheers,
James

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Holdings for James Grant (fingerprint 08AEAC40F3086E6131B39762A49472A32D4FCE50)
Issued today, Sunday the 6th of January 2013 at 02:31:18 AM (0.66629600 1357439478)
To certify that the aforementioned holds as of the quoted time the following with MPEx :

CxBTC x 86.09931590
      S.DICE x 140`000

To which add orders in the book fully paid in advance :

To which add sums deposited as surety for 4th Friday settled option and future contracts :

To which add sums deposited as surety for underwritten IMM date settled option and future contracts :

Your transactions since 1 hour before your last STAT :

You have also been paid dividends, as follows :

The Great Seal of the exchange has been duly applied.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFQ6OH2khT8a/G2mSERAnR1AJ9imdwuz/BqfTOjryteCs6OKou3QQCdFNM1
FoVTIcptyNGAzrYHzPYunDI=
=lpuq
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

MPOE-PR

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 02:17:59 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2013, 05:01:51 PM by MPOE-PR

gpg: Signature made Sun 06 Jan 2013 04:31:18 AM EET using DSA key ID F1B69921
gpg: BAD signature from "MP Stock Exchange (Visit http://polimedia.us/bitcoin/)"

Do not panic just yet, this is often the result of formatting such as done by the forum etc. Try again either putting that in /code/ brackets or else use pastebin and link like normal people.

lightbox

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 02:37:38 PM

gpg: BAD signature from "MP Stock Exchange (Visit http://polimedia.us/bitcoin/) <office@polimedia.us>"

Do not panic just yet, this is often the result of formatting such as done by the forum etc. Try again either putting that in /code/ brackets or else use pastebin and link like normal people.

I wondered about that... Please try this link:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/1503353

Note our PO sold out last night so we now own 150,000 shares to cover our 1500 units

Cheers,
 James

lightbox

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 02:48:35 PM

gpg: BAD signature from "MP Stock Exchange (Visit http://polimedia.us/bitcoin/) <office@polimedia.us>"

I wondered about that... Please try this link:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/1503353

Note our PO sold out last night so we now own 150,000 shares to cover our 1500 units

Cheers,
 James

Hmm I just tried to verify it myself and get bad signature too... Not sure what I'm doing wrong?

lightbox

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 03:04:03 PM

Okay I give up copy/pasting. Here's the actual file that does verify:

http://www.lightbox.ca/~james/stat.txt

James

fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 06:02:35 PM

I am now realizing why gpg has not taken off with flying colors...
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 08:14:45 PM

About 22k Shares are now up on BitFunder for Gamma SatoshiDice Pass Through Smiley
If your interested in buying S.DICE shares but you don't want to have to deal with MPEX then it's a perfect option for you Smiley
https://bitfunder.com/asset/G.SDICE
//DeaDTerra
MPOE-PR

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 11:24:49 AM

I am now realizing why gpg has not taken off with flying colors...

Because Windows?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: