Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 04:36:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [*] 8BIT [Dark Masternodes][Anon][Roadmap Stage 4]  (Read 379544 times)
allZuckedUp

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

find / -name base -exec chown -R us

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 07:38:48 PM

Hiya folks!

Soooo, it seems we have another challenge here in 8bit-land.

Our favorite coin's main website (www.8-BIT.party) looks to be dead in a domain name has not been renewed sort of way.

So, once again, I'm more than happy to host things, donate some time and effort into building a new website, maybe make a new block explorer, etc. etc.  But, we're going to need to pull together the players who WANT to be involved at this point, and take some stock as to what road map we'd like to lay out for the coin. 

It seems to me, that based on a lack of presence or progress, 8-bit-party isn't really interested anymore.  (8-bit-party, I'm not hating on  you, if I'm wrong, please tell me, and lets get this ball rolling again) And, while the tech is outstanding, and the community isn't nearly dead, we're not really moving forward at this time either.   
I'd really like to turn this around.... soooo, here's some thoughts in no specific order....

• IF 8-bit-party is really done with dev efforts on this coin, it would become necessary to recruit a new dev, the easiest way to do so seems to be some sort of confirmed bounty in $8bit donated by the rest of us.
  • A new "official" website needs to be created.  (I can do this)
  • It would be nice if a new block explorer could be a part of that.  (I can LIKELY do this)
  • Regardless as to if it's 8-bit-party or someone new as dev, a road-map needs to be laid out, things like attracting places to accept $8bit as payment, a new better performing client/blockchain, android/iOS versions, etc. etc.

It seems to me, if we can pull together some sort of confirmed leadership team, and meet some/all of these goals, it would not be too hard to put this coin back to where it should be both in terms of value and an active community.  So either by public or private response, let's get this rolling, who can do what?  If you don't have any IT skills, please pledge to donate coins to attract a new dev, if you do have IT skills tell us what you'd be honestly willing to do, if you've got honest C skills, let's talk development/new client version efforts!   

It seems to me in a world where DASH is closest coin in terms of tech/features, but running a masternode there costs $6500 USD to get started, our $5 USD masternodes could attract a TON of people.... But, the problem is I don't currently know where to point folks to that idea.  Seriously, I can still see this taking off in a MAJOR way if we play our cards right, but I can't do this by myself... Who want's to play?  Who want's to see this thing get huge?

At this time I show 460 running masternodes on the network, to me that screams that there's still faith in this project... Let's make this happen. Cheesy

8-bit-Party
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2016, 08:16:56 PM

Ooops  Tongue

8-BIT PARTY 16-BIT PARTY DEMOSCENE FTW
mastertrader777
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 02:39:31 AM

Hiya folks!

Our favorite coin's main website (www.8-BIT.party) looks to be dead in a domain name has not been renewed sort of way.

So, once again, I'm more than happy to host things, donate some time and effort into building a new website, maybe make a new block explorer, etc. etc.  But, we're going to need to pull together the players who WANT to be involved at this point, and take some stock as to what road map we'd like to lay out for the coin.  

It seems to me, that based on a lack of presence or progress, 8-bit-party isn't really interested anymore.  (8-bit-party, I'm not hating on  you, if I'm wrong, please tell me, and lets get this ball rolling again) And, while the tech is outstanding, and the community isn't nearly dead, we're not really moving forward at this time either.  
I'd really like to turn this around.... soooo, here's some thoughts in no specific order....

• IF 8-bit-party is really done with dev efforts on this coin, it would become necessary to recruit a new dev, the easiest way to do so seems to be some sort of confirmed bounty in $8bit donated by the rest of us.
  • A new "official" website needs to be created.  (I can do this)
  • It would be nice if a new block explorer could be a part of that.  (I can LIKELY do this)
  • Regardless as to if it's 8-bit-party or someone new as dev, a road-map needs to be laid out, things like attracting places to accept $8bit as payment, a new better performing client/blockchain, android/iOS versions, etc. etc.

It seems to me, if we can pull together some sort of confirmed leadership team, and meet some/all of these goals, it would not be too hard to put this coin back to where it should be both in terms of value and an active community.  So either by public or private response, let's get this rolling, who can do what?  If you don't have any IT skills, please pledge to donate coins to attract a new dev, if you do have IT skills tell us what you'd be honestly willing to do, if you've got honest C skills, let's talk development/new client version efforts!  

It seems to me in a world where DASH is closest coin in terms of tech/features, but running a masternode there costs $6500 USD to get started, our $5 USD masternodes could attract a TON of people.... But, the problem is I don't currently know where to point folks to that idea.  Seriously, I can still see this taking off in a MAJOR way if we play our cards right, but I can't do this by myself... Who want's to play?  Who want's to see this thing get huge?

At this time I show 460 running masternodes on the network, to me that screams that there's still faith in this project... Let's make this happen. Cheesy

This is a shame to have to read. Looks like 8-bit-party doesn't even care that he purposely let you all down. It was always some sort of jealously issue with him and this is clearly still the case as he has posted over 800 posts in my MTR - MasterTraderCoin of just useless nonsense fud. I ignore him as I have for many many months, but I just look back and wonder why you guys all believed this guy 8bitparty? Oh well. Good luck to you all.
8-bit-Party
Legendary

8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2016, 11:06:19 AM

Yes, I lost many BTC in mastertrader scam so my biggest activity is and will be in the masterscam thread. Even if this coin (mtr) will end his life I will stay with Rich vel Zack for many years. I dont forget.

Also I expect 8bit community to support my efforts in MTR thread, thanks  Grin

skidog
Legendary

Activity: 1393
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 02:53:39 PM

Always interesting in the 8 bit chat.
skidog
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 12:09:53 PM

Hiya folks!

So, once again, I'm more than happy to host things, donate some time and effort into building a new website, maybe make a new block explorer, etc. etc.  But, we're going to need to pull together the players who WANT to be involved at this point, and take some stock as to what road map we'd like to lay out for the coin. 

It seems to me, that based on a lack of presence or progress, 8-bit-party isn't really interested anymore.  (8-bit-party, I'm not hating on  you, if I'm wrong, please tell me, and lets get this ball rolling again) And, while the tech is outstanding, and the community isn't nearly dead, we're not really moving forward at this time either.   

• A new "official" website needs to be created.  (I can do this)
  • It would be nice if a new block explorer could be a part of that.  (I can LIKELY do this)

It seems to me, if we can pull together some sort of confirmed leadership team, and meet some/all of these goals, it would not be too hard to put this coin back to where it should be both in terms of value and an active community.  So either by public or private response, let's get this rolling, who can do what?  If you don't have any IT skills, please pledge to donate coins to attract a new dev, if you do have IT skills tell us what you'd be honestly willing to do, if you've got honest C skills, let's talk development/new client version efforts!   

It seems to me in a world where DASH is closest coin in terms of tech/features, but running a masternode there costs $6500 USD to get started, our $5 USD masternodes could attract a TON of people.... But, the problem is I don't currently know where to point folks to that idea.  Seriously, I can still see this taking off in a MAJOR way if we play our cards right, but I can't do this by myself... Who want's to play?  Who want's to see this thing get huge?

I am Willing to donate for the right project.
8-bit-Party
Legendary

8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2016, 01:32:09 PM

allZuckedUp, we wait.

allZuckedUp

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 05:10:33 PM

allZuckedUp, we wait.

8-bit-party, OK... soooo, I guess that means you'd like me to play a greater roll then? You didn't exactly answer that... Annnnd, it also seems that you're not going to revive the old site you built, and there really is no code in the future from you? etc. etc.Huh?  It's cool, but if you're stepping aside, or not, please be clear about it.  What do you honestly see your place in this community/coin as going forward?  Really, what do you want to be doing here, and what can you REALLY commit to, and in what timeframe?  And if you are stepping aside, please provide me with the old website code/content so it can make what I've committed to easier/faster to build.

MTR, respect, but at this point your FUD isn't useful here...

skidog, you rock, thanks for the support....

All that said,
I have a day job, I'm a single parent, a girlfriend... i.e. - A life... Soooo, I can't promise to drop everything and put up a new "Official $bit website" in a few days... BUT, give me a few weeks, and I can put up something of value.  Now, I have no problem committing to the delivery of that, which should include not only download links/documentation/etc.  But eventually a block explorer, and certainly a bounty system for improvements to our code and such as well.... I do have some good ideas.  BUTTTT, I need to know this isn't me throwing my time/effort into the wind... What can you all do?  What do you want to do?  How to you all see this going forward?!? At some point, this needs to be a community driven effort.

8-bit-Party
Legendary

8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2016, 08:11:12 AM

I guess

it also seems

I wonder what is easier, being a fortune-teller or just sending a PM with an information that website is down.

allZuckedUp

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 07:39:15 PM

I wonder what is easier, being a fortune-teller or just sending a PM with an information that website is down.

I don't know, my fortune telling skills are pretty weak, thus why I've asked you some direct questions about your own view of your roll here...

If you're still motivated to be the dev, cool, lets discuss some goals, roadmapping, timelines, etc.  If not, then let's discuss a strategy for transition to another plan with your blessing/support.  I'm not dictating a thing, and I totally respect your efforts, I'm just trying to pull as many folks together as I can so we can move this adventure forward, in whatever direction makes sense.  I assure you, I'm not like MTR, I'm just trying to help...

If you think PM is better, by all means, please PM me, if not we can discuss this openly... Either way, I'm anxious to start this dialogue and once again put our 8bit mark on the altcoin communities as a whole... ya know?

Cheers. Smiley

8-bit-Party
Legendary

8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2016, 08:11:36 PM

I do not know how "host is down" notice can be a point to discuss.

allZuckedUp

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 08:31:52 PM

I don't even specifically know if you actually own that domain, or the hosting even, I'm just pointing out alternatives where I can help.  That said, if you are looking to continue things in the vein they have been going, that's cool... But, allow me to point out.. The 8-bit.party domain is STILL dead, for over a week now.  All you've said is "whoops" and no action has been taken.  I really don't think my offering to help is really unfounded, I have resources to help, and I'm offering those resources, along with trying to get some conversation and excitement going about our coin's future.  Let's not get bitter here, let's work together to bring this to where it can be, seriously, it's worth it. Smiley

8-bit-Party
Legendary

8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2016, 09:50:13 PM

OK, respect.

mastertrader777
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 03:26:15 AM

I don't even specifically know if you actually own that domain, or the hosting even, I'm just pointing out alternatives where I can help.  That said, if you are looking to continue things in the vein they have been going, that's cool... But, allow me to point out.. The 8-bit.party domain is STILL dead, for over a week now.  All you've said is "whoops" and no action has been taken.  I really don't think my offering to help is really unfounded, I have resources to help, and I'm offering those resources, along with trying to get some conversation and excitement going about our coin's future.  Let's not get bitter here, let's work together to bring this to where it can be, seriously, it's worth it. Smiley

I've tried to do this many months back...You might be wasting your time.

I hope you're prepared to do the work for free, because is soon as the community agrees to compensate you...

8bitparty is going to run in here like he did months ago claiming he would do this and that for free, and that things that I was trying to do don't cost money.

The coin needs alot more than a new website or a faucet.

It needs marketing.

It needs incentives.

It needs exchanges.

It needs a community that cares. ( Some here do, some here don't - Cough* 8bitparty )

I'm willing to help you but I've got to be sure you're just not 8bitparty playing a big game here.

I more want to help because that was my plan all along.

I have some connections with the DGB - Digibyte guys, and actually speak with the Founder of DGB on twitter.

The DGB guys have 32k plus gamers right now.

We need to partner with the bigger group of active people that match up with the vision I believe was set forth my the original dev.

The original dev maybe fell in love with the idea of this coin, but then realized the expenses and most likely bailed.

First thing is first is to make a new thread and get it moderated by someone we can all trust.

Stop speaking with the 8bitparty guy is the first step as I have done this.

Don't mix passion with Toxic, the passion is delicate, and needs to be guarded by a strong heart.

allZuckedup, are you interested in proving you aren't 8bitparty?

Cheers,

MasterTrader777

aka Rich   
8-bit-Party
Legendary

8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 07:07:43 AM

Keep a good work allZuckedUp, you do it really good.

skidog
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 10:14:12 AM

Keep a good work allZuckedUp, you do it really good.

Any plans? Maybe we should set up a meeting..chat or something. This way we can point 8 bit coin in the right direction.
allZuckedUp

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 05:16:16 PM

Hiya folks, sorry for some slow replies, I've been busy at work for the last few days.

Ok, where to start...

MTR - While I'm certainly not 8-bit-party (I'm not sure what "proof" you're asking for, but, read some history in this thread, he and I don't always see eye-to-eye, and if he made me up, it's been quite the ruse, considering it goes back a year and a half... I'm also under the impression we live on opposite sides of the globe, and no offense 8-bit-party, but I'm not sure English is his first language.  so I can most easily assure you, we're very different people.)  BUT, I'm also not willing to totally blow off his efforts to date, which have happened, and are NOT without value, regardless as to if you and he are prone to arguments, so, if 8-bit-party wants to continue helping, I'm happy to have it, just as I'm not willing to blow off the potential value you may offer either...
You are absolutely correct, there are absolutely 100 things that the 8bit community/ecosystem needs, and while I'm happy to have whatever realistic help we can attract.  (I do have an organized system of goals with built-in bounties in mind) Those bounties are going to be paid in 8bit from the community, as I don't believe there is going to be funding available in USD or BTC at this point.  So, when you have said in the past that you won't work for free, or that I should be prepared to work for free, I believe you are overestimating the "outside" funds available in this community, or underestimating the potential here with the "inside" funds.  Regardless, at this point, I would ask you the same thing I'm going to be asking everyone at this point... If you do see value here, and you really do want to help, what are you willing/able to commit to, and at what cost?

8-bit-party - Thanks for the respect, I'm going to PM you in a few, I have to get a solid idea of your actual, committed level of interest at this point, what you want to do, and if you can honestly commit to some goals in terms of timing and such... And, regardless of all that, I have some technical issues we need to discuss, as there are some things we can possibly solve some technical issues with the coin in the short-term...

skidog - I am absolutely all for this!  As we are all seemingly on different sides of the globe (memory serving/at the very least, you said you're in China, and I'm in the western USA) Any suggestions as to communication method? and timing?  (that isn't just for skidog, anyone who wants to be an active part of this community please, chime in! tell us all when/how you'd all like to talk!)

crypto_anarchist

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 05:47:00 PM

block explorer?
blocks.explorer

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 08:43:14 PM

block explorer?

well, the block explorer mentioned in OP does not work.

crypto_anarchist

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 05:01:43 PM

block explorer?

well, the block explorer mentioned in OP does not work.

Do we have 2 chains for 8Bit actually? Just wondering my coins from Cryptopia to Bittrex never arrived.
Pages: « 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: