Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:40:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitcoinT [BT] | X11 | Lucky Stake | POS | BitTrex  (Read 74366 times)
kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:31:50 PM

Whatever the reason is but this coin is dead now. Code failed.. It may be the dev who staked many coins himself only to dump on the market

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
will1988

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:32:28 PM

Sorry for the long silence, it takes time to sort out things like this.  As per our usual response, if we detect something wrong with a blockchain where the dev _might_ be involved, I like to post a public statement so everyone has the same information at the same time.  Exchanges were informed earlier today when our security measures kicked off.

There seems to be a problem with the "lucky" staking code from what we can tell at this time.  There are blocks that were accepted with POS rewards up to 3.3M which is why outside the rate for the coin.  Additionally, as of right now there are way more coins in existence than the wallet thinks there should be:

"balance" : 24751980.90800208,
    "stake" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 4655,
    "timeoffset" : 0,
    "moneysupply" : 21073266.40374496,

This is our current supply.  C-Cex and yobit have another combined 5-6M.  At this time, we don't know if this is malicious or an error in the staking code.  We have cancelled all orders on the market and closed the wallet for the time being.  If the devs can please contact us and come up with a solution, we will reopen the market.  If we an agreed solution cannot be agreed upon, we will close the market and open the wallet for withdrawal only.

thanks,
richie@bittrex

Well done!bittrex is the best exchange Grin
richiela

Activity: 937

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:32:44 PM

Sorry for the long silence, it takes time to sort out things like this.  As per our usual response, if we detect something wrong with a blockchain where the dev _might_ be involved, I like to post a public statement so everyone has the same information at the same time.  Exchanges were informed earlier today when our security measures kicked off.

There seems to be a problem with the "lucky" staking code from what we can tell at this time.  There are blocks that were accepted with POS rewards up to 3.3M which is why outside the rate for the coin.  Additionally, as of right now there are way more coins in existence than the wallet thinks there should be:

This is our current supply.  C-Cex and yobit have another combined 5-6M.  At this time, we don't know if this is malicious or an error in the staking code.  We have cancelled all orders on the market and closed the wallet for the time being.  If the devs can please contact us and come up with a solution, we will reopen the market.  If we an agreed solution cannot be agreed upon, we will close the market and open the wallet for withdrawal only.

thanks,
richie@bittrex

So in fact it can just be a error in the code. Can that not be clarified? Who mine that coin, from where was it coming? Is there anything in the code written that a block will be created of 3.3M? This looks more a software bug then a scamming problem.

I actually agree with you which is why we're giving the dev team a chance to come up with a acceptable solution.  If we thought i was obviously malicious, I would have pulled the market completely by now.  This codebase has been through multiple code reviews and nothing blatant comes up.

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:33:03 PM

thanks,
richie@bittrex

So in fact it can just be a error in the code. Can that not be clarified? Who mine that coin, from where was it coming? Is there anything in the code written that a block will be created of 3.3M? This looks more a software bug then a scamming problem.

regardless if bug or scam attempt coin tainted,

Makes a big different. WOC also had a bug in the code and they fixed it. Also 3M would only be 10 BTC of 'if it is hidden premine' dump, don't you think if they want to scam that they will do it differently and making a lot more mnoey then 10 BTC.... I'm buying on C-CEX, and will see what happens. If DEV indeed confirm that it was a mistake and a bug needs to be fixed then people are dumping like fools, the concept of the coin didn't change, and making bugs in software happens, it happens a lot Smiley
boris.de

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:35:37 PM

thanks,
richie@bittrex

if the so called lucky stake, stakes out more coins than promised total supply, then its not software error. its called scam.
Meeks

Activity: 103

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:36:10 PM

I actually agree with you which is why we're giving the dev team a chance to come up with a acceptable solution.  If we thought i was obviously malicious, I would have pulled the market completely by now.  This codebase has been through multiple code reviews and nothing blatant comes up.
Looks like people, who buy on ccex won a lottery  Cheesy
nickhiggins123

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:36:13 PM

thanks,
richie@bittrex

if the so called lucky stake, stakes out more coins than promised total supply, then its not software error. its called scam.

Do you know what software is?
WigitGetIt
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 08:37:06 PM

thanks,
richie@bittrex

placebo
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:37:57 PM

I have an idea
Make a hard fork now to end the lucky staking
make it something like 30 coins per block or something
and bittrex can burn the coins of the people that deposited the extra coins. or not. i don't know.
and then after that well everything can continue well i think

does this solve it?

Agreed.
TimC
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:38:46 PM

thanks,
richie@bittrex

Do you know what software is?

That is why there is a test net. It worked as programmed by the Dev which was to create extra coins to sell. Scam Busted!
getrichdietryin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:39:03 PM

thanks,
richie@bittrex

regardless if bug or scam attempt coin tainted,

Makes a big different. WOC also had a bug in the code and they fixed it. Also 3M would only be 10 BTC of 'if it is hidden premine' dump, don't you think if they want to scam that they will do it differently and making a lot more mnoey then 10 BTC.... I'm buying on C-CEX, and will see what happens. If DEV indeed confirm that it was a mistake and a bug needs to be fixed then people are dumping like fools, the concept of the coin didn't change, and making bugs in software happens, it happens a lot Smiley

lets see what happens but havent seen a coin come back from this another coin made people bagholders
thedok

Activity: 228

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:39:18 PM

devs lack of reply tells you all you need to know
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:40:45 PM

Looks like people, who buy on ccex won a lottery  Cheesy

ah, honestly, if dev want to cheat, then this coin would first of all not be added on Bittrex because of their code reviews, so if during the code review nothing strange was identified then this is for me clearly a bug and the guy with the lucky 3.3M coins just dumped, what would you do? You're mining with your rig, and suddenly you have 3.3M coins... i think i will sell it and buy a ring for my wife Cheesy
SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:40:58 PM

the only innovative thing in this coin was suppose to be the bonus staking blocks (think of how strong is network with many 50k coin wallets!)
if its not working, coin dead... experiment finished.
 Cry Cry Cry maybe other coin will work better  Smiley

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
will1988

Activity: 89

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:41:22 PM

C-CEX.com ‏@CryptoCurrEncyX  1m1 minute ago
BT market removed untill BT dev investigate and fix it's wallet issues.
5trade

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:41:33 PM

Lucky stake!  Great!!  Hope I get one!  
thedok

Activity: 228

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:41:51 PM

devs lack of reply tells you all you need to know

Dev is sleeping ! It's 1am in Eastern Europe !

yea, yea, been sleeping since launch hasn't he
boris.de

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:42:23 PM

thanks,
richie@bittrex

Placebo - you are full of shit.

its the dev's code and how the lucky stake is programmed. its probably deception.

To put in simple terms, a coin dev declares a total supply and some suspicious lucky stake mints out huge coins surpassing the total coin supply is clear scam. You can't just surprise people with secret coins in a open market.
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 08:42:27 PM

Whatever the reason is but this coin is dead now. Code failed.. It may be the dev who staked many coins himself only to dump on the market

THIS COIN IS NOT DEAD

Nope, it's roasted, toasted and burnt to a fuckin' crisp!!!

Polly Stripe

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:42:38 PM

C-CEX.com @CryptoCurrEncyX
BT market removed untill BT dev investigate and fix it's wallet issues
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: