Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:22:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD  (Read 57355 times)
BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 08:46:23 AM

Hey so I tried downloading the latest windows wallet and everything but for some reason couldn't get no connections at all? Any ideas why that might be?

If it is the latest wallet, you need to download the blockchain first http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17441

This release of the Credits client WILL NOT RUN with an existing 0.9.1.60 blockchain. If you get errors on block download, you will have to sync from scratch or initialise from a torrent containing a pre-synced working directory that is provided from this site.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 03:47:48 AM

Hey so I tried downloading the latest windows wallet and everything but for some reason couldn't get no connections at all? Any ideas why that might be?

If it is the latest wallet, you need to download the blockchain first http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17441

This release of the Credits client WILL NOT RUN with an existing 0.9.1.60 blockchain. If you get errors on block download, you will have to sync from scratch or initialise from a torrent containing a pre-synced working directory that is provided from this site.
K thanks so much for that mate Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

Activity: 280

Lead developer of Credits [CRE]

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 08:48:02 PM

Due to that development is extremely time consuming and I'm the sole developer, development has slowed down the last month and a half.

I will correct this in the coming days and weeks to revitalise development and the coin effort.

A release that will be preparing for simplified deposit usage will be done in the coming days. Watch this space for more info.

████████████████  C R E D I T S - [C R E]  ███████████████
████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
RKing

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:41:44 PM

Thanks for the continuous development. We are very grateful. Wish Credits every success. It is a good and unique coin.
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:59:32 PM

Thanks for the continuous development. We are very grateful. Wish Credits every success. It is a good and unique coin.

Thanks for the kind words.

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 12:16:00 AM

Upcoming preparation release, HARD FORK AT BLOCK 50 000 in two months!!

A release is upcoming in the coming days. It will contain preparations for coming features. The release will be a drop in replacement if you are running version 0.9.1.7x.

However, this release will create a HARD FORK at block 50 000. Block 50 000 will be created in approximately two months.

The following updates are included in the release:
- Deposit transactions will be allowed to have more than one input. This will enable the wallet (in the release after this one) to automatically create deposits from any content that you have in a wallet.
- The number of deposit transactions in a block will be allowed up to a maximum of 1000, updated from previously 10. This will make it easier to enable pooled mining, with externally provided deposits.
- Changed difficulty adjustment algorithm at block 50 000. The new diff adjustment algorithm will be much faster. It will update every 252 blocks with a max adjustment factor of 2 up or down. Adjustment speed will be 64 times higher than current diff adjustment. The reason for this is twofold:
   1. To prevent block generation from being stuck if a sudden drop in mining power occurs.
   2. In the future when deposit mining will be more and more important, preventing the block generation from being stuck if deposits are being withheld.

Updates and new release branch will be created on Thursday.

MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2015, 05:47:04 PM

Has anyone started on a site to link up miners with CRE holders?

Sorry for my time away, finally back online a bit now..!

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Markov

Activity: 258

Breizh Atao

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 05:29:21 AM

What do you mean?

Anyone up for a slack channel?

asof

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 03:30:41 PM

A release is upcoming in the coming days. It will contain preparations for coming features. The release will be a drop in replacement if you are running version 0.9.1.7x.

However, this release will create a HARD FORK at block 50 000. Block 50 000 will be created in approximately two months.

- Deposit transactions will be allowed to have more than one input. This will enable the wallet (in the release after this one) to automatically create deposits from any content that you have in a wallet.
- The number of deposit transactions in a block will be allowed up to a maximum of 1000, updated from previously 10. This will make it easier to enable pooled mining, with externally provided deposits.
- Changed difficulty adjustment algorithm at block 50 000. The new diff adjustment algorithm will be much faster. It will update every 252 blocks with a max adjustment factor of 2 up or down. Adjustment speed will be 64 times higher than current diff adjustment. The reason for this is twofold:
   1. To prevent block generation from being stuck if a sudden drop in mining power occurs.
   2. In the future when deposit mining will be more and more important, preventing the block generation from being stuck if deposits are being withheld.

When will you release the Windows/Linux compiled version ?
Thanks for all your great work on this unique innovate coin, that is a very professional work indeed, and wish Credits to be succeed.
By the way, do you need some CRE donation? I guess that the value of CRE you controlled now is much less than you should get for the work you have done on CRE till now.
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 10:23:19 PM

When will you release the Windows/Linux compiled version ?
Thanks for all your great work on this unique innovate coin, that is a very professional work indeed, and wish Credits to be succeed.
By the way, do you need some CRE donation? I guess that the value of CRE you controlled now is much less than you should get for the work you have done on CRE till now.

I just added the new version to the repo. The reason the release took some longer time than what I wrote is that we are skipping directly to version 0.9.2.0. This version has started incorporating updates from the Bitcoin code base. I am validating the pre-built binaries right now and will publish them tomorrow!

New version can be found here:
https://github.com/credits-currency/credits/tree/release-version-0.9.2.0

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 10:27:33 PM

What do you mean?

Anyone up for a slack channel?

I wouldn't mind setting up a Slack channel. Good idea!

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 10:28:35 PM

So KLYE, welcome back. No official "link up" yet, no. Will you be online from now on?

ltcnim
Legendary

Activity: 914
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 07:04:44 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2015, 11:33:02 PM by ltcnim

nvm

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 10:17:44 AM

Unfortunately a bug in the Linux build has been discovered that has delayed the next release. This bug has been reported here in this thread previously and I wasn't aware of the severity of it until now. Work is ongoing and more info will come soon.

Markov

Activity: 258

Breizh Atao

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:19:42 PM

Unfortunately a bug in the Linux build has been discovered that has delayed the next release. This bug has been reported here in this thread previously and I wasn't aware of the severity of it until now. Work is ongoing and more info will come soon.
Which bug?

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 09:15:13 PM

Which bug?

There where startup problems when starting from empty directory. Problem has now been solved.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 09:18:33 PM

Long overdue version just released

The long overdue release has finally been done. A release post will soon be done here.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 09:22:21 PM

Version 0.9.2.0 of Credits client released. Release includes among a lot of other things a hard fork at block 50000

A new release of the Credits client is out now. This is a long overdue version that focuses on pulling updates from bitcoin into the client, and on updates to be able to add new features further on.

Updates in this release:
0.9.2.1 is a major release. However, no updates to the working directory are neccessary when installing.
- NOTE!! Hard fork will occur at block 50000.
- Version number bumped to .80 to indicate hard fork version
- Several updates from bitcoin main branch included into release, to bump version to 0.9.2.x
- Among the updates from bitcoin main branch is estimatefee/estimatepriority functionality

--------------------------------

How to Upgrade
If you are running an older version, shut it down. Wait until it has completely
shut down (which might take a few minutes for older versions), then run the
installer (on Windows) or just copy over /Applications/Credits-Qt (on Mac) or
creditsd/credits-qt (on Linux).

!!!BEFORE YOU START THE WALLET, MAKE SURE TO MAKE BACKUP COPIES OF THE FILES CREDITS_WALLET.DAT
AND BITCOIN_WALLET.DAT, IF YOU HAVE A PREVIOUS INSTALLATION.!!!

The syncing process can be quite long, depending on your computer and your network. Between one and two days is not uncommon, if you are not initialising from a prebuilt working directory, distributed with a torrent.

Start credits-qt with the command:
credits-qt.exe -reindex -checklevel=2

or start creditsd with the command:
creditsd.exe -reindex -checklevel=2

Once installation is done, we highly recommend you to bootstrap the blockchain download and sync by downloading an up to date working directory:
Quick initialisation from torrent file

Downloads can be found at:
http://credits-currency.org/viewforum.php?f=5

Getting started instructions can be found at:
http://credits-currency.org/viewforum.php?f=18

GreydonIselmoe

Activity: 294

Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 10:59:51 PM

Version 0.9.2.0 of Credits client released. Release includes among a lot of other things a hard fork at block 50000

A new release of the Credits client is out now. This is a long overdue version that focuses on pulling updates from bitcoin into the client, and on updates to be able to add new features further on.

Updates in this release:
0.9.2.1 is a major release. However, no updates to the working directory are neccessary when installing.
- NOTE!! Hard fork will occur at block 50000.
- Version number bumped to .80 to indicate hard fork version
- Several updates from bitcoin main branch included into release, to bump version to 0.9.2.x
- Among the updates from bitcoin main branch is estimatefee/estimatepriority functionality

How to Upgrade
If you are running an older version, shut it down. Wait until it has completely
shut down (which might take a few minutes for older versions), then run the
installer (on Windows) or just copy over /Applications/Credits-Qt (on Mac) or
creditsd/credits-qt (on Linux).

!!!BEFORE YOU START THE WALLET, MAKE SURE TO MAKE BACKUP COPIES OF THE FILES CREDITS_WALLET.DAT
AND BITCOIN_WALLET.DAT, IF YOU HAVE A PREVIOUS INSTALLATION.!!!

The syncing process can be quite long, depending on your computer and your network. Between one and two days is not uncommon, if you are not initialising from a prebuilt working directory, distributed with a torrent.

Start credits-qt with the command:
credits-qt.exe -reindex -checklevel=2

or start creditsd with the command:
creditsd.exe -reindex -checklevel=2

Once installation is done, we highly recommend you to bootstrap the blockchain download and sync by downloading an up to date working directory:
Quick initialisation from torrent file

Downloads can be found at:
http://credits-currency.org/viewforum.php?f=5

Getting started instructions can be found at:
http://credits-currency.org/viewforum.php?f=18

Looks good Gabe, I'll try it out! I've been away as well, but good to see the updates being pushed Smiley

ltcnim
Legendary

Activity: 914
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 07:54:35 AM

Just tried to run the upgrade on my existing (a little outdated) blockchain. After running credits-qt or creditsd with '-reindex -checklevel=2' both applications crash:

Code:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::length_error'
  what():  basic_string::replace

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

do I need to wipe my old blockchain? I thought it can be upgraded with the mentioned parameters?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: