Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:35:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AURORACOIN - Empowering Financial Freedom  (Read 138024 times)
Porte

Activity: 489
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 08:29:53 AM

All this looks really amazing!!!

Please can you tell me where can I read more about the ISX exchange?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 08:42:10 AM

Well, you can find it on http://beta.isx.is . It's in Icelandic only though, since only Icelanders can use it. If you want more info, you can also join our slack-channel and talk directly with the developers. If you PM me an email address I'll make sure you get the invite.

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
rocanonz

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 09:20:46 AM

Maybe I'm repeating too much the "tokens security" mantra. But there are any plans to implement a hardware security key, multisig or any other 2FA instrument for the AUR wallets?
Also a awareness campaign regarding secure storage and exchange of AUR, can do only good to the general public.
I'm hearing about cases of lost tokens by misuse and theft by hacking and social engineering, almost every day.
soltantgris

Activity: 741

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 09:32:31 AM

Maybe I'm repeating too much the "tokens security" mantra. But there are any plans to implement a hardware security key, multisig or any other 2FA instrument for the AUR wallets?
Also a awareness campaign regarding secure storage and exchange of AUR, can do only good to the general public.
I'm hearing about cases of lost tokens by misuse and theft by hacking and social engineering, almost every day.

Can't agree more. 
Skarfur

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 09:44:38 AM

Hey Porte. I posted some information and screen shots of the exchange on our official forum a while back. Some new features and changes have been done since then but this should give you the general idea.

http://auroraspjall.is/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10#p1085
dinobotta

Activity: 248

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 10:31:31 AM

Since our government did not resign yesterday, new protests are being planed today at 5 o'clock. Not sure if they will top yesterdays protest which was of epic proportions!

https://www.facebook.com/events/929049413861099/

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
adamastor

Activity: 403

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 11:07:12 AM

Since our government did not resign yesterday, new protests are being planed today at 5 o'clock. Not sure if they will top yesterdays protest which was of epic proportions!

Why do the people of Iceland ask their government to resign when they can just take the governance away from these corporate politicians by using auroracoin.
Porte

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 12:58:57 PM

Why do the people of Iceland ask their government to resign when they can just take the governance away from these corporate politicians by using auroracoin.

That would be awesome, but how can you do that by using auroracoin?
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 01:00:24 PM

Icelandic PM (and his parliament) on the verge of collapse!

http://ruv.is/frett/government-in-crisis-pm-meets-with-president

Word just came out PM requested to dissolve his Parliament. President is going to look at possibilities for new elections!

Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 01:02:16 PM

lol what a nice and convenient reason to pump a dead shitcoin lol lol lol gtfo.

don't touch this you WILL GET BURNED by the DUMPS.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Porte

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 01:18:11 PM

Icelandic PM (and his parliament) on the verge of collapse!

http://ruv.is/frett/government-in-crisis-pm-meets-with-president

Word just came out PM requested to dissolve his Parliament. President is going to look at possibilities for new elections!

LTEX I am glad you keep us updated, and I m new on this thread, by experience if your coin will start growing by doing things well, you will start getting trolls to attack you either because of jealousy or they don't have a single Auroracoin.

I know nothing about politics from your country but you said '' Icelandic Pirate party will probably win new elections and they are great supporters of Crypto currency'' Who is the Icelandic Pirate party? are they left or right wing? what kind of ideology do they have? How do you know they are great supporter of Crypto currency? Do they know about Aurora and if so, do the have any involvement in Aurora as they are great supporter of Crypto?

Looks like Icelandic Pirate can form government and some of the answers I asked are already answer in the below article but how do you know how they support crypto currency , do you have a link that confirms that

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/panama-papers-icelands-pirate-party-ready-to-lead-a6967941.html

Thanks
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 01:26:37 PM

Some of our dev team members have had a meeting with members of the Pirate party. They have shown great interest in all things that make society more transparent and honest. Crypto is one of them. As of now, Auroracoin is the only crypto available to Icelanders because buying BTC is nearly impossible due to currency controls.

Here is a piece that shows they embrace cryptocurrencies:

https://followmyvote.com/pirate-party-popularity-explodes-in-iceland/

Meanwhile it's getting cosy again at Parliament building:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMT2zZcvIi8

Porte

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 01:35:35 PM

Some of our dev team members have had a meeting with members of the Pirate party. They have shown great interest in all things that make society more transparent and honest. Crypto is one of them. As of now, Auroracoin is the only crypto available to Icelanders because buying BTC is nearly impossible due to currency controls.

Oh My GOD! thanks for that, I will try to buy more Auroracoin
Skarfur

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:04:59 PM

We have a meeting with a few from their party maybe 3 weeks back. They showed great interest in cryptocurrencies and realised the importance of Auroracoin in Iceland. They want to arrange for us to have a lecture for the party to educate them on the matter. That lecture hasn't been arranged yet but I think we will get to that after the main madness of the current situation blows over.

The Pirate party doesn't have on their agenda to adopt crypto but they do have on their agenda to change laws regarding issuance of currency so that it allows the creation of alternate currencies (don't say exactly crypto but you can read in between the lines), reconsider the whole monetary system and to clear the way for alternate currencies to be used as a form of payment. This as well as looking at other options that could replace a fractional reserve system.

I know a lot of their members are tech nerds and many of those are into crypto so I would say that the presence and interest in crypto there is strong.
Porte

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:17:30 PM

We have a meeting with a few from their party maybe 3 weeks back. They showed great interest in cryptocurrencies and realised the importance of Auroracoin in Iceland. They want to arrange for us to have a lecture for the party to educate them on the matter. That lecture hasn't been arranged yet but I think we will get to that after the main madness of the current situation blows over.

The Pirate party doesn't have on their agenda to adopt crypto but they do have on their agenda to change laws regarding issuance of currency so that it allows the creation of alternate currencies (don't say exactly crypto but you can read in between the lines), reconsider the whole monetary system and to clear the way for alternate currencies to be used as a form of payment. This as well as looking at other options that could replace a fractional reserve system.

I know a lot of their members are tech nerds and many of those are into crypto so I would say that the presence and interest in crypto there is strong.

Yes LTEX link provided says:

''One topic of conversation will surely be the legality of cryptocurrencies, as Iceland placed an outright ban on cryptocurrencies late in 2014.  Generally speaking, Pirate Parties are in favor of cryptocurrencies, and the recent success of the Finnish Pirate Party in funding campaigns with Bitcoin will certainly motivate their Icelandic counterparts to bring the cryptocurrency discussion back to the table''

All these look pretty good for the future of crypto and more for Aurora Smiley
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 02:46:20 PM

One down:

BREAKING – First major elected official to resign as aftermath of the Panama Papers leak: Júlíus Vífill Ingvarsson, long-standing senior member of the Reykjavik City Council for the Independence Party. Shoddy translation here:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fruv.is%2Ffrett%2Fjulius-vifill-segir-af-ser&edit-text=&act=url

dinobotta

Activity: 248

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:55:26 PM

I know nothing about politics from your country but you said '' Icelandic Pirate party will probably win new elections and they are great supporters of Crypto currency'' Who is the Icelandic Pirate party? are they left or right wing? what kind of ideology do they have? How do you know they are great supporter of Crypto currency? Do they know about Aurora and if so, do the have any involvement in Aurora as they are great supporter of Crypto?

The Icelandic Pirate party is not left or right. They are a mix of people that might identify themselves as left or right, but the party does not identify itself as such. The basic theme of the Pirate party agenda (as I see it) is to fight corruption and decentralizing politics, which means being open to ideas such as open democracy.

The Auroracoin Foundation met 4 prominent Pirate party members (people in the inner circle of the party) about a month ago where we introduced our ideas of Auroracoin and how it could be part of Iceland's financial future. These people knew about the Auroracoin project and also how the situation is with buying Bitcoin in Iceland and saw the potential and understood that if we open up the ISX exchange things could evolve.

They agreed that the Auroracoin project fits like a glove to their basic ideas of decentralization of politics and finance.

That said, I think that Auroracoin will first have prove itself as a currency in Iceland, before the Pirate party or any other political party throws in a stamp of approval, not the other way around.

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
Skarfur

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:21:43 PM

Yes LTEX link provided says:

''One topic of conversation will surely be the legality of cryptocurrencies, as Iceland placed an outright ban on cryptocurrencies late in 2014.  Generally speaking, Pirate Parties are in favor of cryptocurrencies, and the recent success of the Finnish Pirate Party in funding campaigns with Bitcoin will certainly motivate their Icelandic counterparts to bring the cryptocurrency discussion back to the table''

All these look pretty good for the future of crypto and more for Aurora Smiley

This statement "Iceland placed an outright ban on cryptocurrencies late in 2014" is completely false.

Iceland never put a ban on cryptocurrencies, this was a massive misunderstanding. The reason for the misunderstanding is that the central bank gave a statement that they would not make an exception on the capital controls and sell the public foreign currency for the purpose of purchasing cryptocurrencies.

Auraráð, the Icelandic Auroracoin foundation has sent legal requests to The Central Bank of Iceland, The Financial Supervisory and the Directorate of Internal Revenue requesting legal stance on trade and usage of cryptocurrencies. All of them responded (the letters were posted somewhere back in the thread) where they stated that there is nothing illegal with using cryptocurrencies nor trading them for products or the Icelandic Króna (ISK). Later we even got a statement from the Directorate of Internal Revenue (tax authorities) that trading cryptocurrencies with ISK is considered a currency trade and as such it should not bear VAT.

Just clearing up the misunderstanding again. Smiley
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 04:07:44 PM

PM resigns!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-04-05/icelandic-prime-minister-resigns-after-panama-data-leak-ruv

Has me thinking about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZoIEHsOXoo

I just wish we could throw our US bankers in jail and force our failed leaders to resign.  Kudos to my Icelandic friends!

-Fuse

Community > Devs
riceberry

Activity: 491

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 04:51:10 PM

Is there a linux qt wallet available?

I downloaded sources on the website, and after:
Code:
./autogen
./configure
make
sudo make install

I don't see any qt wallet in the directory? Am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 »
  Print  

Jump to: