Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 11:01:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AURORACOIN - Empowering Financial Freedom  (Read 138024 times)
dinobotta

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 03:53:29 PM

More Auroracoin content - thanks to Joel Valenzuela, clearly an AUR/national coin enthousiast :

http://cointelegraph.com/news/auroracoin-ads-hit-icelands-bus-stops-auroracoinkrona-exchange-coming-soon

Never forget to post the picture

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
strataghyst

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 04:21:58 PM

NEW MULTI-ALGO AURPOOL READY!

http://aurpool.com:8080

If you still have your miners pointed at the "old" aurpool.com, please change them over to the new ports. For scrypt that is:

stratum+tcp://aurpool.com:port (Port: 1001, Diff: 32 Port: 1002, Diff: 128 Port: 1003, Diff: 256 Port: 1004, Diff: 1024)

Please also transfer out all remaining funds from the "old" pool. If you need assistance, please contact me in pm or at martin@ltex.nl

The "old pool" will be shut down after block 225.000 has been mined.

This pool is run and maintained by Jess Foddrill (ny2cafuse) and Martin Jansen (LTEX)
Looking good  Cool
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 05:01:29 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2016, 05:34:59 PM by ny2cafuse

Regarding the port difficulties- if there is a specific port difficulty you're looking to mine with when multi-algo goes live, please let me know.  Port difficulties will most likely need to be adjusted and added to accommodate various mining equipment on the different algos.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 05:36:51 PM

Regarding the port difficulties- if there is a specific port difficulty you're looking to mine with when multi-algo goes live, please let me know.  Port difficulties will most likely need to be adjusted and added to accommodate various mining equipment on the different algos.

-Fuse

OK... so to simplify things, there is now a single vardiff port for each algo, with the minimum difficulty shown.  This should be good enough for 80-90% of the miners out there.  Anyone that needs a special difficulty set for specific mining hardware, PM me with your requested difficulty, and I'll set a port for you.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
mmouse

Activity: 162

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 07:12:32 PM

There was some movement in the Cryptsy wallet few days ago.
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/aur/address.dws?185038.htm

Auroracoin Devs really should keep an eye on this. The UNO people managed to get the cryptsy funds captured as soon as they were transferred to an exchange (which is illegal, because there is a court order to freeze all cryptsy assets afaik).
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 07:45:52 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2016, 08:02:26 PM by ny2cafuse

How much btc has Joel been payed?

The media attention hasn't had much impact on the price as I was hoping for.

Darn!  We were hoping to cater to your every want and need.  Cry

For the record though, we haven't paid for any publications.  They have all come to us, including http://vb.is, where the story on the AUR exchange and bus stop campaign is the second most read article of the day.

-Fuse

EDIT:Now the most read article of the day.

Community > Devs
Skarfur

Activity: 258

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 08:29:02 PM

More Auroracoin content - thanks to Joel Valenzuela, clearly an AUR/national coin enthousiast :

http://cointelegraph.com/news/auroracoin-ads-hit-icelands-bus-stops-auroracoinkrona-exchange-coming-soon

Never forget to post the picture

How much btc has Joel been payed?

The media attention hasn't had much impact on the price as I was hoping for.

Well actually it's good that it hasn't created much impact on the price in Bittrex. What we really want is that all this media attention will lead up to real usage in Iceland that will lead to local price increase instead of pure speculation increase on foreign markets.

A price bubble on foreign markets is the last thing we need as it might actually become harmful to adoption in Iceland as it has the possibility of creating negative view when it burst.
Andretti83

Activity: 297
Merit: 112

PRIVATE AND NOT PREMINED: MONERO, AEON, KARBO

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 08:46:35 PM

Is there a plan to merge mine with digibyte or other multi-algo coins?

solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 09:12:05 PM

For the record for everyone concerned about price

Remember AUR is basically only on bittrex at the moment, a slowly dying exchange with a severe lack of volume (hate to say it).  Alot if not most people trading there could care less about Iceland or anything else really but collecting more Bitcoins.

The ones who will dictate its true value are Icelanders themselves when the exchange opens. It will also be a test for crypto to see how the average person responds and is willing to be a part of the revolution.
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 09:19:02 PM

The ones who will dictate its true value are Icelanders themselves when the exchange opens. It will also be a test for crypto to see how the average person responds and is willing to be a part of the revolution.

That's got to put fear into the central banking families.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 09:35:21 PM

@Danslip

As I stated already (I would suggest you read and copy the concept) we haven't paid anyone for exposure.  A tons of people was interested in Auroracoin project in 2014 - and the come back attract attention.  Joel contacted us through twitter (a quick search would find his public asking to the OfficialAUR twitter account) - and we are now discussing with him on almost a daily basis.  He understand clearly what we try to accomplish - and it is in line with his own view on the world/crypto.  He is a wise guy and we appreciate his approach.

This morning, a guy from an icelandic business newspaper called and had a long phone discussion with Hermann.  Very short after, we saw that the reporter just published a piece about Auroracoin.  The article rank first today in iceland - showing how much people are curious about AUR.

And there is way more request (that I can't speak of) in line.  But in no case we asked anything, or paid anything.  We are very pleased with how things are going - how people react to our project, from multiple social spheres of activity.

That being said, a lot of money has been spent the last year on all structures (some still to be presented).  And the bus station campaign is relatively expensive (mutliple K), and we like how people react !

soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 09:36:44 PM

Remember AUR is basically only on bittrex at the moment, a slowly dying exchange with a severe lack of volume (hate to say it).  Alot if not most people trading there could care less about Iceland or anything else really but collecting more Bitcoins.

Exact ! 

That is where things will get interesting realy.
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 09:37:25 PM

But I like Aurora! Sad I dont live in Iceland and would like to have my aurora. Will you not have Aurora in the future in bittrex or any other foreign exchange once the national exchange is open?  

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 10:31:32 PM

But I like Aurora! Sad I dont live in Iceland and would like to have my aurora. Will you not have Aurora in the future in bittrex or any other foreign exchange once the national exchange is open?  

There's no reason to remove AUR from the crypto exchanges.  It's never even crossed our minds.

I'm with you though... I like my AUR!  I've got a bucket list planned that involves spending a lot of AUR on one hell of a party with with Icelandic friends, so I need to be able to buy in now to afford it later.  Grin

-Fuse

Community > Devs
AngryDwarf

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 08:35:12 AM

-Fuse

OK... so to simplify things, there is now a single vardiff port for each algo, with the minimum difficulty shown.  This should be good enough for 80-90% of the miners out there.  Anyone that needs a special difficulty set for specific mining hardware, PM me with your requested difficulty, and I'll set a port for you.

-Fuse

Compared to the skein and groestl starting diff, the qubit one seems very high.

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
CECVW
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 09:06:30 AM

If price goes below $0.2 I will buy more Smiley

What is it like the capital of Iceland, I would like to go there sometime. What is the main tourist attraction in Reykjavik? and what is the traditional dish?

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
Skarfur

Activity: 258

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 09:40:52 AM

What is it like the capital of Iceland, I would like to go there sometime. What is the main tourist attraction in Reykjavik? and what is the traditional dish?

Well I could definitely advice anyone who hasn't been here to have a visit. The attractions just depend on what you are really looking for. If you like to have something different to eat while here you should eat a sheep head and some rotten shark. Smiley

We gave the dutch guys some rotten shark when we were there for a visit the other day and it seems that they felt so violated that they have buried the memory so deep that they claim they have no recollection of this fine cuisine.

So if that doesn't shout out "I really like to try that shit" then I don't know what will.
GeorgeAurea

Activity: 332

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 10:23:38 AM

NEW MULTI-ALGO AURPOOL READY!

http://aurpool.com:8080

If you still have your miners pointed at the "old" aurpool.com, please change them over to the new ports. For scrypt that is:

stratum+tcp://aurpool.com:port (Port: 1001, Diff: 32 Port: 1002, Diff: 128 Port: 1003, Diff: 256 Port: 1004, Diff: 1024)

Please also transfer out all remaining funds from the "old" pool. If you need assistance, please contact me in pm or at martin@ltex.nl

The "old pool" will be shut down after block 225.000 has been mined.

This pool is run and maintained by Jess Foddrill (ny2cafuse) and Martin Jansen (LTEX)
Nice.

What's the pool fee?
CECVW
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 10:35:27 AM

Well I could definitely advice anyone who hasn't been here to have a visit. The attractions just depend on what you are really looking for. If you like to have something different to eat while here you should eat a sheep head and some rotten shark. Smiley

We gave the dutch guys some rotten shark when we were there for a visit the other day and it seems that they felt so violated that they have buried the memory so deep that they claim they have no recollection of this fine cuisine.

So if that doesn't shout out "I really like to try that shit" then I don't know what will.

Sheep head and rotten shark??? Sorry I change my mind! I am not coming to Reykjavik anymore

mmouse

Activity: 162

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 11:01:47 AM

Just have a look at
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=AUR_BTC

It's not really high volume either, but it's an alternative to Bittrex and you certainly can trade there.
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 »
  Print  

Jump to: