Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:01:41 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790359 times)
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 08:39:04 PM

Update day tomorrow!  Cool
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 01:47:04 AM

Can someone please sum up the progress of SPR in one post please.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 07:46:33 PM

**Corrected some typos**

Spread Project Weekly Update #3

28th August 2015

Development Update

Development has been much slower than the team has been aiming for.  The reality is that we all have day jobs that we need to pay our rent, mortgages, bills and mining hardware addictions.  The result of this is that whilst there has been plenty of planning and discussion taking place, little progress has been made in terms of progression towards the next round of testnet testing.

Our current position is that the developers are going to be mainly occupied with their day jobs for at least the next two weeks, subject to change due to various variables.  Whilst progress in other areas can continue at pace, the team agreed yesterday to find a solution to the resource shortage.

Yesterday there was a lengthy discussion about the possibility of reaching out to competent people who can help with the aspects that Georgem and Chaos think can be taken off their list of things to do as the scope of the overall work is becoming more tangible.  Essentially, the proposal is that we create peripheral work packages and terms of engagement and look to the crypto community for assistance in delivering those work packages.

In terms of overall project position we are approaching a tipping point.  Once we have Proof of Bitcoin Node in testnet we hope and expect that the community will grow and that this will lead to a greater number of people helping with testing allowing us to focus our developer resources in either a tactical or strategic way, whichever is more appropriate for the path of the project.  

The difficulty we have right now is that whilst we have the skills to get PoBN to testnet, we don’t have the time to do so quickly enough to keep up with the future plans identified in the PoBN whitepaper and the recently issued  BIP (more on those later).

We would be very grateful for views and suggestions from the community on the issues described above.  We know of some very experienced developers who might be able to assist and would welcome any suggestions or offers for us to consider.  In the meantime, the core team will continue to focus on the sections of work that contribute to the overall project but might seem less important compared to getting testing started again. The foundation work is never truly appreciated but it does need to be done. (More on that next week when we might be able to talk about the masternode debugging tools).

Bitcoin Improvement Proposal

We have published a draft BIP via the Bitcoin Development Mailing List outlining a proposal to create a new mechanism to fund mining which may obviate the bitcoin block size debate over the long-term and permanently remove fees as a barrier for users.

Some excellent feedback has been received and most criticism has been constructive.  As a result of the feedback, we are going to split the BIP in to two separate BIPs in order to make the overall proposed objectives more manageable.

Spread, Openstream & PoBN Web Sites

A web site has been set up for Openstream, PoBN’s future portal.  The initial content is currently being written by Stonehedge and the new site will be live as soon as possible.

The Spread team have realised that Spreadcoin.info requires some updating, especially with links to the BIPs and whitepapers and Stonehedge will make the changes in due course.

Spread not Spreadcoin

There was a proposal to change project name from Spreadcoin to just Spread. While a decision has not been formally made, we wanted to live with the change for a week or two to get some feedback.

ShibesMoon

A pilot of the vanity gen competition is ongoing on the Dogecoin sub-Reddit. There has been some interesting feedback and some good points raised. More on this next week.

Chaositec’s Multipool

Chaositec’s multipool (http://miningcores.com/) has finished testing and is up and running with impressive performance statistics.  Two separate 24 hour tests showed that it is possible to rent Sha256 hashing power from Miningrigrentals.com and make an overall BTC profit using the pool!  If you have any miners available we recommend you give the pool a try for a few days.  Obviously performance depends on market conditions but at the moment, the results are excellent.

Chaositec has hired a front end designer who will be implementing a nice shiny front end around the 31st August.  

Chaositec reports that the overall exchange project (including Spreadcoin payouts) is about 80% complete but Chaositec is about 70% depleted ☺

Please note that the pool is currently down for maintenance and a few bug fixes.  Normal service will be resumed soon.  

Communications

Stonehedge apologises for the lack of update last week.  As promised the updates will continue on a weekly basis.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 06:07:03 AM

Well, I'm back everyone. I'm surprised that hardly any posts have been made on this thread.
It should pick up soon. Smiley
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 07:07:09 AM

Well, I'm back everyone. I'm surprised that hardly any posts have been made on this thread.

As said in the update, we're all pretty busy paying the bills at the moment and sadly the effort we are putting into Spreadcoin isn't publicly facing on this thread at the moment.

Welcome back.
B@ckSpace

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 07:40:27 AM

Welcome Back e1ghtSpace Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

There is 8 spaces between the smiley faces Cheesy
dominuspro

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 07:57:39 AM

As said in the update, we're all pretty busy paying the bills at the moment and sadly the effort we are putting into Spreadcoin isn't publicly facing on this thread at the moment.

Welcome back.

I know what are You talking about  Roll Eyes bills bills bills and more bills  Wink

The SatoshiNakamoto1 lucker should have all the bills paid  Grin
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 09:08:07 AM

Welcome back.

I know what are You talking about  Roll Eyes bills bills bills and more bills  Wink

The SatoshiNakamoto1 lucker should have all the bills paid  Grin

In my personal opinion this week has been a watershed moment for this project.  If we could all work full time on this then I'm confident that we've got the necessary skills and experience to deliver PoBN and do it well.  Of course, we still do have the necessary skills and experience but things will take longer.

I don't want this to take any longer than necessary but I'm also aware that extra hands doesn't always equal appropriate progress.  We need unanimous agreement on the way forward.  I propose that the core team has a debate over the next few days and plans ahead according to our current workloads and then makes a decision on whether those timescales are acceptable. 

I'm going offline for a few days, literally to somewhere with no internet (!) but I hope to publish a statement on behalf of the team early next week about what is going to happen and when. 

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 12:17:41 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2015, 01:48:00 PM by coins101

Welcome back.

I know what are You talking about  Roll Eyes bills bills bills and more bills  Wink

The SatoshiNakamoto1 lucker should have all the bills paid  Grin

One of the best lessons learned so far from the dogecoin pilot was someone quickly assessing the cost to mine for a van gen vs. effort & reward.

It was something we guessed would be an issue and indeed it was the first thing highlighted, pretty much. The first calculation was the return on simply mining vs. reward on offer.

That's why I'm keen to set-up a growing BTC fund held in escrow. The bigger the fund gets, the more people will want to go after it.

The other thing that was interesting to learn was the immediate reference to using GPUs to chase addresses.

So far the pilot has highlighted:

> Need a big reward to motivate people to take the cost risk of chasing the reward

> A winner can just sit on a vanity gen and let the rewards build up. So we would need to run a search for at least three or four addresses.

> Using some of the built-up BTC to pay variable monthly payouts, paid out either at random or to easier to find addresses.

> We still need a way to prevent bots being created. Using collateral is probably the best way, but we don't have an easy way for people participating to demonstrate their collateral payments. Perhaps setting up an open slack channel might be a good way to do that?

> We could tie searching for a van gen, as part of a competition, to encourage people to keep their nodes on and helping to seed to others.
georgem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 01:02:41 PM

If we could all work full time on this then I'm confident that we've got the necessary skills and experience to deliver PoBN and do it well. 

I agree.

So our first goal should be to bring on this confidence and change our situation so that we can make this happen.

Stay tuned.

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 06:18:37 PM

Welcome Back e1ghtSpace Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

Why was this account made? I hope it isn't to ridicule me.
If it is, then why?
B@ckSpace

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 01:43:39 AM

If it is, then why?

Ummmm what brother ?

Your name made me think of Backspace on the keyboard and pressing Shift 5 times for sticky.

I'm a descendant from China and think 8 is a very special number.
jonasac

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 02:39:48 AM

I agree.

So our first goal should be to bring on this confidence and change our situation so that we can make this happen.

Stay tuned.

Hi , I want to help the team a lot , but I do not understand Programming.

But, I can work with my beginner 's vision in the world of SpreadCoin.

Initially , all cryptocurrency have to be trusted to capture new fans.

I would mention a few points of how we can improve the marketing of SpreadCoin:

twitter  --> the last post was April 23  ---> the ideal would be posting weekly

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435.0 >> the links this page are out of date  (it is possible to change?)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1045373.0 >> the new windows wallet could already be put here  (it is possible to change?)

On the site we could already put the link of the new wallets ?

It may seem ridiculous , but this are details that people see and perceive if the project of cryptocurrency this abandoned or not

Others ideas:

If possible, it would be nice a link like this for Spread  > https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison

Sorry if I'm talking about something stupid. I'm just trying to help.   Wink
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2015, 03:12:45 AM

If it is, then why?

Ummmm what brother ?

Your name made me think of Backspace on the keyboard and pressing Shift 5 times for sticky.

I'm a descendant from China and think 8 is a very special number.
Oh ok, sorry.
Some guy keeps making accounts that sound like mine. One of his accounts is called Mr. Space and he doesn't like me for some reason and he keeps trying to taint the name of Spreadcoin.

I'm glad to hear you aren't that guy! Smiley
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 01:35:03 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2015, 09:56:30 PM by coins101

I agree.

Stay tuned.

Hi , I want to help the team a lot , but I do not understand Programming.

But, I can work with my beginner 's vision in the world of SpreadCoin.

Initially , all cryptocurrency have to be trusted to capture new fans.

I would mention a few points of how we can improve the marketing of SpreadCoin:

twitter  --> the last post was April 23  ---> the ideal would be posting weekly

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435.0 >> the links this page are out of date  (it is possible to change?)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1045373.0 >> the new windows wallet could already be put here  (it is possible to change?)

On the site we could already put the link of the new wallets ?

It may seem ridiculous , but this are details that people see and perceive if the project of cryptocurrency this abandoned or not

Others ideas:

If possible, it would be nice a link like this for Spread  > https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison

Sorry if I'm talking about something stupid. I'm just trying to help.   Wink

Great post! Thanks.

Taking a look....edit....we'll put some of these things into action...some of the dead links belong to the original project dev that went MIA.

There is no reason why we can't have an active Twitter account. +101
AnotherNode

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

Nodes That Serve

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 03:36:50 PM

Create a twitter bot to link to the official forum and website.

Use, If This Then That and an RSS service.

If you want, I can set this up and hand over the relevant login details of the IFTT account to the official twitter account holder?
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 08:27:12 PM

I am really liking this van gen and CPU mining and keeping a connection open and regular reward thing..

irwanjabryg

Activity: 980
Merit: 512

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 05:38:59 AM

If we could all work full time on this then I'm confident that we've got the necessary skills and experience to deliver PoBN and do it well. 

I agree.

Stay tuned.

Will prices go back to 2k sat  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 09:56:22 AM

I agree.

Stay tuned.

Will prices go back to 2k sat  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

I doubt it but if it does I think the sell side of the order book will be very thin indeed.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 10:49:22 PM

"The mempool is growing but the high fee spam txs are not being mined. Lower fee 'normal' txs are getting priority. Must be large mining pools defense against the spam attack but interesting to see them leaving money on the table when they make a block."

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3jczdz/looks_like_coinwallets_spam_transactions_not/

Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: